It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: Kyiv Trip  (Read 10796 times)

Offline ML

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
  • Trips: > 10
Re: Kyiv Trip
« Reply #25 on: July 27, 2021, 10:37:19 AM »

I never stayed out that late but I have seen them picking up women that hang around Maidan Square. They aren't looking for marriage.

They are looking for someone with whom to discuss the Koran.
A beautiful woman is pleasant to look at, but it is easier to live with a pleasant acting one.

Offline John Gaunt

« Reply #26 on: July 27, 2021, 10:59:13 AM »
The Arabs in town now are mostly here with their families. They are the tourists who would have usually gone to London and other European destinations for the summer but due to travel restrictions have discovered Ukraine. It’s not just Kyiv they are to be seen at but in Lviv, Odesa and other cities.
It’s a different crowd to the single men (Turkish sex tourists of yore) normally seen picking up women late at night.

Offline Admin

• Administrator
  • Spouse's Country: No Selection
« Reply #27 on: July 27, 2021, 02:37:16 PM »
They are looking for someone with whom to discuss the Koran.
Easy does it. Sarcasm recognized. Let's take a step AWAY from any discussion disparaging another's religion.

Offline BillyB

« Reply #28 on: July 27, 2021, 06:33:52 PM »
The Arabs in town now are mostly here with their families.

I've never seen their wives and kids and never stayed out as late as 2-3 AM in the morning to see their wives and kids. It's been 5 years since I was there so maybe it changed. Staying out that late in Kiev, you may get robbed by the police. It was around midnight when I was in a tunnel and the police wanted to pat me down. One pulled my wallet out while the other was talking to me but I turned around quit. I can't say for sure but I think he took at least one bill out of my wallet. My wife and MIL told me to never walk around late because the police will rob me. I called the Consulate and reported the harassment by the cops and they say its unfortunate but normal. A few years after the last Revolution, Western nations and Japan pumped money into Ukraine and gave the cops new training. Hopefully things changed for the better.
Fund the audits, spread the word and educate people, write your politicians and other elected officials. Stay active in the fight to save our country. Over 220 generals and admirals say we are in a fight for our survival like no other time since 1776.

Offline John Gaunt

« Reply #29 on: July 28, 2021, 12:53:23 AM »

I've never seen their wives and kids and never stayed out as late as 2-3 AM in the morning to see their wives and kids. It's been 5 years since I was there so maybe it changed. Staying out that late in Kiev, you may get robbed by the police. It was around midnight when I was in a tunnel and the police wanted to pat me down. One pulled my wallet out while the other was talking to me but I turned around quit. I can't say for sure but I think he took at least one bill out of my wallet. My wife and MIL told me to never walk around late because the police will rob me. I called the Consulate and reported the harassment by the cops and they say its unfortunate but normal. A few years after the last Revolution, Western nations and Japan pumped money into Ukraine and gave the cops new training. Hopefully things changed for the better.
I don’t walk about town at 2-3 in the morning either so can’t comment about who is about on the streets then.
In the daytime now, you will see lots of Arab families, couples out and about as tourists.
Five years is a long time to have been away. A lot has changed since.

Offline c5h

• Spouse's Country: Russia
  • Trips: None (yet)
« Reply #30 on: July 28, 2021, 06:00:53 AM »
Kyiv was a different place from my last trip less than 2 years ago.  The later night crowds have transitioned from Maiden to the riverfront.  We stayed out to 2-3am each night in Kyiv, Police are fine and we felt safe entire time.  The locals hate the Arabs, but the Arab people from what we saw were fine, respectful.  There were rich arabs there for women but they ordered not picked up on street, families on vacation, all the workers (most taxi and food delivery) just hanging out after work.  All the Ukrainian women I have been have a distain for Turkish-Arab so don't thinking picking up would go that well for them.  Kyiv is relatively dead for a major capital at night.  We have a Kyiv tradition of being kicked out out of Big Ben (out of business now) or Guliver bowling when they close at 10pm. 

Offline John Gaunt

« Reply #31 on: July 28, 2021, 07:21:59 AM »
One unfortunate thing has been the opening of Kreschyiatik on the weekends, when it used to be closed to traffic.
It used to be a fun place now with all the traffic, not so much.

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
  • Trips: 4 - 10
« Reply #32 on: July 29, 2021, 12:20:30 AM »
c5h, any word of how Ukrainian guys are feeling about taxi jobs being done by foreigners now when it just used to be them? Can't think they are taking it too well, with the current state of the economy out there I would have thought they would have needed that work more than ever.
"If you make your own bread, then and only then, are you a free man unchained and alive living in pooty tang paradise, or say no and live in Incel island with all the others." - Krimster

Offline John Gaunt

« Reply #33 on: July 29, 2021, 03:04:12 AM »
Last night about half past nine walking down Kreschiatyk, it was heaving. The worst thing now is the electric scooters whizzing by on the pavements. An absolute menace they are.
Again, lots of Arabs about, this time I noticed more single men in groups hanging about.
I bet the working girls are taking in brisk business.

My time in Kyiv this summer is at an end. Heading for the airport in half an hour.

Offline ML

Increased Saudi's in Ukraine
« Reply #34 on: July 29, 2021, 10:25:41 AM »
Was talking with my UW wife about increased number of Saudi's in Ukraine.
She had read that they can now visit without visa.
But I checked and they still need visa, however now they can apply online for eVisa and quickly get.
She said also they want to get away from Saudi heat this time of year and easier and cheaper to go to Ukraine vs western European countries they used to go to.
A beautiful woman is pleasant to look at, but it is easier to live with a pleasant acting one.

Offline JohnDearGreen

• It's 5 o'clock somewhere...
  • Trips: 4 - 10
« Reply #35 on: July 29, 2021, 08:31:20 PM »
I don’t walk about town at 2-3 in the morning either so can’t comment about who is about on the streets then.
Lady friend had an apartment near the Presidential Admin Bldg.  I recall walking back to my apartment
on a freezing winter night at 2am.  Very eery to look in every direction and not see a single person or car on the streets.

Offline c5h

« Reply #36 on: July 30, 2021, 05:18:14 AM »
c5h, any word of how Ukrainian guys are feeling about taxi jobs being done by foreigners now when it just used to be them? Can't think they are taking it too well, with the current state of the economy out there I would have thought they would have needed that work more than ever.

The one Ukrainian taxi driver we spoke with didn't mention any hard feelings, but noted Arabs everywhere.  The people I know that live in Kyiv where a mix of there a lot of Arabs, to obvious anger over them being their.  I had the assumption they just visited and worked, but one of the more knowledgeable friends there (works for a TV station in news) said they did get work permits (Ukraine has enacted measures to have work "official") but they were handed out to everyone.  One small town (cheaper living) has been overrun.  I was out late every night in Kyiv and they were not an obvious problem and never saw any of them approach women.

Offline c5h

« Reply #37 on: July 30, 2021, 05:24:37 AM »
The one Ukrainian taxi driver we spoke with didn't mention any hard feelings, but noted Arabs everywhere.  The people I know that live in Kyiv where a mix of there a lot of Arabs, to obvious anger over them being their.  I had the assumption they just visited and worked, but one of the more knowledgeable friends there (works for a TV station in news) said they did get work permits (Ukraine has enacted measures to have work "official") but they were handed out to everyone.  One small town (cheaper living) has been overrun.  I was out late every night in Kyiv and they were not an obvious problem and never saw any of them approach women.

It's dead for a big city but there more people out this time than previous trips.  Bridge was ~10pm, pedestrian bridge ~11pm, Maiden not sure but maybe 12-3am.

Offline Boethius

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: No Selection
« Reply #38 on: July 31, 2021, 11:47:27 AM »
But I checked and they still need visa, however now they can apply online for eVisa and quickly get.
She said also they want to get away from Saudi heat this time of year and easier and cheaper to go to Ukraine vs western European countries they used to go to.

Saudis no longer require a visa.  The list is below.

http://mfa.gov.ua/en/consular-affairs/entry-and-stay-foreigners-ukraine/entry-regime-ukraine-foreign-citizens

After the fall of communism, the biggest mistake Boris Yeltsin's regime made was not to disband the KGB altogether. Instead it changed its name to the FSB and, to many observers, morphed into a gangster organisation, eventually headed by master criminal Vladimir Putin. - Gerard Batten

Offline Patagonie

• >25 travels
Re: Increased Saudi's in Ukraine
« Reply #39 on: August 26, 2021, 02:51:40 PM »

Absolutely true.
I watched on an aviation company many flights from Saudi Arabia. 
Asked a Ukrainian friend why?
He told the same as your wife. 

"Je glissais through the paper wall, an angel in the hand, s taboy. I lay on the floor, surgi des chants de Maldoror, je mix l'intégrale de mes nuits de crystal, i belong to the festival.

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8884
Latest: Eugeneecott
New This Month: 0
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 541541
Total Topics: 20868
Most Online Today: 2582
Most Online Ever: 12701