It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: 2019 - nCoV (novel coronavirus originating in Wuhan, China)  (Read 304824 times)

Offline BC

• Spouse's Country: Russia
  • Trips: 4 - 10
Re: 2019 - nCoV (novel coronavirus originating in Wuhan, China)
« Reply #2850 on: July 19, 2021, 11:51:26 AM »
The underlying message however, which she supported a 1000 fold - is, this regime's suppression of freedom of speech is simply inexcusably un-Constitutional (which you fully support), if not downright criminal.

If it's not Constitutional, of course it shouldn't be done.  As mentioned above, there will be those who might test it in court and that's ok.  It's the way our system works.

Offline mhr7

• Trips: Resident
« Reply #2851 on: July 19, 2021, 12:11:45 PM »
Statistics show the stark risks of not getting vaccinated against COVID-19

In Louisiana, 97% of the state's COVID-19 cases and deaths since February have been in unvaccinated people, Gov. John Bel Edwards said Friday. Between February and July, unvaccinated people in Louisiana were 20 times more likely to become infected with COVID-19, according to the state health department.

http://www.yahoo.com/gma/statistics-show-risks-not-getting-100217544.html

Just something for those who think they have all the answers to consider.
"After your death, you will be what you were before your birth." - Schopenhauer

Offline GQBlues

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: None (yet)
« Reply #2852 on: July 19, 2021, 12:51:19 PM »
If it's not Constitutional, of course it shouldn't be done.  As mentioned above, there will be those who might test it in court and that's ok.  It's the way our system works.

The *system* I was always aware of guaranteed freedom of speech w/out government intrusion, and is found on the very first amendment. Dunno, but maybe you have something else in mind.

I'm not aware they deleted or amended this *amendment*. When did that happened?

« Last Edit: July 19, 2021, 12:56:33 PM by GQBlues »
Quote from: msmob
1. Because of 'man', global warming is causing desert and arid areas to suffer long, dry spell.
2. The 2018 Camp Fire and Woolsey California wildfires are forests burning because of global warming.
3. N95 mask will choke you dead after 30 min. of use.

Offline BC

« Reply #2853 on: July 19, 2021, 01:24:16 PM »
GQ,

I understand your concern, but remember:

Congress shall make no law....

Also, social media sites are not considered a public forum.

SCOTUS has upheld the rights of private social media to moderate their users and content as they see fit.

I don't see how the Executive Branch, asking social media sites to prevent mis- and disinformation, could be ruled unconstitutional.  Of course, the EB can't order private companies to do anything that has not already been legislated in Congress.

Sorry, I see a lot of hype on this topic, but no foul.  It's not like Biden is signing some Executive Order on this or anything similar any more than his predecessor issuing one forcing social media sites to not ban him or that they must publish his posts. Double-edged sword.

Social media sites can either take EB requests to heart and do something, or they can simply ignore such.

Offline GQBlues

« Reply #2854 on: July 19, 2021, 02:12:14 PM »
It's a given, as I've said before, your stated sentiment is expected by your political leaning. It's predictable.

Social media is a means of communication used by the public at large. You can describe this any way you like, it doesn't change the fact this regime, which is the 3rd branch of our *government*, is CLEARLY abridging the public's freedom of speech.

To instruct cell phone carriers to monitor, intercept and interject communications between persons in text messages, is assigning a private enterprise to *spy* on private communications between individuals.

1. Because of 'man', global warming is causing desert and arid areas to suffer long, dry spell.
2. The 2018 Camp Fire and Woolsey California wildfires are forests burning because of global warming.

Offline BC

« Reply #2855 on: July 19, 2021, 09:41:57 PM »
It's a given, as I've said before, your stated sentiment is expected by your political leaning. It's predictable.

Sure, I support getting the word out about vaccines and dispelling mis and disinformation about the vaccines.

Social media is a means of communication used by the public at large. You can describe this any way you like, it doesn't change the fact this regime, which is the 3rd branch of our *government*, is CLEARLY abridging the public's freedom of speech.

And exactly how are they abridging speech in a public forum? The EB branch has been asking, even telling private fora what and what not to do for years.

To instruct cell phone carriers to monitor, intercept and interject communications between persons in text messages, is assigning a private enterprise to *spy* on private communications between individuals.

What facts do you base your statement on?  What's the factual 'ask' you believe the EB is requesting?

Offline GQBlues

« Reply #2856 on: July 20, 2021, 01:36:20 AM »
Sure, I support getting the word out about vaccines and dispelling mis and disinformation about the vaccines.

Deflect 101. Go listen to what Jen Psaki said again. Do keep up.

And exactly how are they abridging speech in a public forum? The EB branch has been asking, even telling private fora what and what not to do for years.

See above.

What facts do you base your statement on?  What's the factual 'ask' you believe the EB is requesting?

Isn’t Google your best friend?

Offline BC

« Reply #2857 on: July 20, 2021, 02:08:59 AM »
Isn’t Google your best friend?

Sure, but I'd like to begin where you begin, not with rumors, not with odd interpretations of constitutionality, but with what you believe is the bottom line EB ask of social media companies.

As I understand it:

1. Social media companies (not government) regularly monitors your posts and even correspondence for keywords and phrases to leverage their advertising business, and create algorithms to detect posts and information that does not comply with their terms of service.  All I see being asked is that they do so with more diligence.

2. Mis- and disinformation is indeed dangerous to individuals and society as a whole.  We are not talking about individuals sharing their opinions (although even some of them get caught up in the algorithms) but entire influencing campaigns that are well organized with motives, like generating revenue for a few that can pull it off.  The internet and social websites give those few huge megaphones with a worldwide reach.

3. This is an ask, and not an executive order or such from EB.  I can identify no conflicts with our Constitution, with most objections landing as simply hype.

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
  • Spouse's Country: Ukraine
« Reply #2858 on: July 20, 2021, 02:29:07 AM »
Hope you’re all stocked up with loo roll as that’s often the other casualty of panic buying and you may find yourself reaching for some bog roll and come up empty handed at a most inopportune moment.
If you want to travel I think you’ll have to have that test trace app installed.
Big brothers here to stay methinks.

Thanks JG handy to know about the Test & Trace app could always install it right before flying I guess. Think they withdraw it altogether in mid August if not sooner if they come to their senses. Think they'll come a point where too many get pinged that it won't reflect reality remotely and become useless.

Think the toilet roll panic buying may be getting going again lol.
"If you make your own bread, then and only then, are you a free man unchained and alive living in pooty tang paradise, or say no and live in Incel island with all the others." - Krimster

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
« Reply #2859 on: July 20, 2021, 02:46:38 AM »
Apparently now that the lockdown has fully lifted in the UK as from yesterday we might see a dramatic rise in all winter viruses:

http://www.standard.co.uk/news/uk/covid-latest-updated-nightclub-passport-nhs-staff-isolation-us-travel-news-b946636.html
"If you make your own bread, then and only then, are you a free man unchained and alive living in pooty tang paradise, or say no and live in Incel island with all the others." - Krimster

Offline GQBlues

« Reply #2860 on: July 20, 2021, 09:27:35 AM »
Sure, but I'd like to begin where you begin,

At the point I asked who gets to define dis/mis-information? You? Wouldn't you want the freedom to define things of importance to yourself, and not be force to anything because someone else, even the government, defines it for you?

not with rumors,

I provided you a clipped video by the White House's own spokesperson's statement. If you call it a rumor, then you know its source.

not with odd interpretations of constitutionality,

Do tell and point to the alleged 'oddity' in this subject. Attempts to suppress, ban, silence, even the mere 'suggestion' to appoint any non-governmental entity to monitor, interject, silence the public's beliefs, opinion, et al because it counters a narrative, IMO, is at least inflammatory, or worse, a violation of civil rights.

but with what you believe is the bottom line EB ask of social media companies.

See above.

Bottom line, if there's any dis/mis-information swimming around our society, they are emanating from this regime, its party and it's branches. They're the source of confusion. Even the current mask mandate/recommendation currently in my corner of the world - is directly 'counter' to CDC's statement that all vaccinated folks does not have to wear mask. And why should there by a separation between those that have, from those that haven't - since neither is immune from contracting - and spreading, the virus? Even international travel restrictions have conflicting and varying, even confusing, rules.

Hell, this regime ignored illegal passage through our border of untested/unvaccinated of well over hundreds of thousands illegal aliens in our midst. Should I be silenced if I believe this is the reason why there's a 'rise' in the infection rate all of the sudden? Should I be banned for 'blaming' this regime's slow to non-reaction to this event?

This regime wants to see a universal submission to an experimental soup? Then approve its administration. Own up to what it is trying to 'force' the public to submit to. Give the public what it wants. If they can't, then what exactly are they forcing upon the public?

*Absence of evidence* (should) automatically give any/all individual the right to form it's own belief/opinion, and act upon those beliefs/opinion. The public is much too nuanced to try and construct a structured one size fits all mandate, especially when this regime's *own administration/establishment* doesn't really seem to know which end is up themselves. It had shown that it contradicts itself over something they're imposing authority over the masses over and over again.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2021, 11:30:29 AM by GQBlues »

Offline BC

« Reply #2861 on: July 20, 2021, 11:58:41 AM »
At the point I asked who gets to define dis/mis-information? You? Wouldn't you want the freedom to define things of importance to yourself, and not be force to anything because someone else, even the government, defines it for you?

I provided you a clipped video by the White House's own spokesperson's statement. If you call it a rumor, then you know its source.

Do tell and point to the alleged 'oddity' in this subject. Attempts to suppress, ban, silence, even the mere 'suggestion' to appoint any non-governmental entity to monitor, interject, silence the public's beliefs, opinion, et al because it counters a narrative, IMO, is at least inflammatory, or worse, a violation of civil rights.

See above.

Bottom line, if there's any dis/mis-information swimming around our society, they are emanating from this regime, its party and it's branches. They're the source of confusion. Even the current mask mandate/recommendation currently in my corner of the world - is directly 'counter' to CDC's statement that all vaccinated folks does not have to wear mask. And why should there by a separation between those that have, from those that haven't - since neither is immune from contracting - and spreading, the virus? Even international travel restrictions have conflicting and varying, even confusing, rules.

Regarding masks, there are federal authorities that can only suggest minimum requirements.  What does your state say the minimum requirements are?  http://covid19.ca.gov/masks-and-ppe/  Keep in mind these are minimum.  I always wear a mask indoors in public buildings and commercial buildings i.e. for shopping, and outside areas where safe distancing cannot be practiced.  Why separate for vaccinated / unvaccinated?  Doesn't take a rocket scientist for that.  Indeed, it can get even more complicated traveling internationally. 

What EB is proposing was discussed prior. 

What I don't understand is why balk at all the differences.  Each state wanted to handle their own COVID response and requirements, you supported that didn't you?  And now you want the federal .gov to make the rules that all have to abide by?  Doesn't make logical sense.  You can’t eat your cake and have it, too.

Hell, this regime ignored illegal passage through our border of untested/unvaccinated of well over hundreds of thousands illegal aliens in our midst. Should I be silenced if I believe this is the reason why there's a 'rise' in the infection rate all of the sudden? Should I be banned for 'blaming' this regime's slow to non-reaction to this event?

Of course, you are entitled to express your opinion in a public forum.

This regime wants to see a universal submission to an experimental soup? Then approve its administration. Own up to what it is trying to 'force' the public to submit to. Give the public what it wants. If they can't, then what exactly are they forcing upon the public?

Nobody is forcing anyone to get vaccinated.  It's information.  If I ask you how fast I can drive on a particular road, and you tell me 120mph, you gonna take responsibility and pay the ticket?  If you were also ignorant, that's misinformation.  If you wanted ill will, or if it would give you a few bucks more in your pocket, or for some form of influence, it would be disinformation.

*Absence of evidence* (should) automatically give any/all individual the right to form it's own belief/opinion, and act upon those beliefs/opinion. The public is much too nuanced to try and construct a structured one size fits all mandate, especially when this regime's *own administration/establishment* doesn't really seem to know which end is up themselves. It had shown that it contradicts itself over something they're imposing authority over the masses over and over again.

Again, the federal .gov is trumped by state and local laws and regulations when it comes to imposing health restrictions and requirements.  You seem to be barking up the wrong tree, confused or frustrated.  The latter I can also relate to, but hey these are challenging times at many levels.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2021, 12:00:26 PM by BC »

Offline GQBlues

« Reply #2862 on: July 20, 2021, 12:34:55 PM »
Well, it looks like France will soon be banned in the US for spreading dis-information...

::)

Offline GQBlues

« Reply #2863 on: July 20, 2021, 12:59:22 PM »
Double
« Last Edit: July 20, 2021, 01:07:13 PM by GQBlues »

Offline GQBlues

« Reply #2864 on: July 20, 2021, 01:07:29 PM »
Regarding masks, there are federal authorities that can only suggest minimum requirements.  What does your state say the minimum requirements are?  http://covid19.ca.gov/masks-and-ppe/  Keep in mind these are minimum.  I always wear a mask indoors in public buildings and commercial buildings i.e. for shopping, and outside areas where safe distancing cannot be practiced.  Why separate for vaccinated / unvaccinated?  Doesn't take a rocket scientist for that.  Indeed, it can get even more complicated traveling internationally.  What EB is proposing was discussed prior.  What I don't understand is why balk at all the differences.  Each state wanted to handle their own COVID response and requirements, you supported that didn't you?  And now you want the federal .gov to make the rules that all have to abide by?  Doesn't make logical sense.  You can’t eat your cake and have it, too.

Too far off the left field. So I've no idea what exactly are you saying I'm balking about. I couldn't care less what Montana is doing in their corner anymore than I'd care what Oregon is doing in theirs. I do care about this regime's attempt to define dis / mis-information on their own and act upon it for those who doesn't agree.

That's central governing IMO.

Of course, you are entitled to express your opinion in a public forum.

Thank you. That's what the internet is for FWIW.

Nobody is forcing anyone to get vaccinated.

Or so I thought. Then discriminating certain societal liberties started to rear it's ugly heads.

It's information.  If I ask you how fast I can drive on a particular road, and you tell me 120mph, you gonna take responsibility and pay the ticket?

Hell, NO! You asked for an honest opinion, I gave it to you. So then you acted upon it, better believe YOU ARE responsible for your own action. If I asked you if this vaccine is OKAY, and you gave me your honest opinion, and it ended up killing me, it doesn't make you responsible for my death now, is it? 

You understand the nuance and complexity now?

If you were also ignorant, that's misinformation.  If you wanted ill will, or if it would give you a few bucks more in your pocket, or for some form of influence, it would be disinformation.

Wrong. Society at large is composed of individuals that are nuanced and complex. Ask a Muslim who God is and he'll tell you. Doesn't mean he's spreading dis/mis-information simply because you're a jew or christian. Nor did it mean he's ignorant. On the contrary.

Again, the federal .gov is trumped by state and local laws and regulations when it comes to imposing health restrictions and requirements.  You seem to be barking up the wrong tree, confused or frustrated.  The latter I can also relate to, but hey these are challenging times at many levels.

If anyone is doing any tree barking, it's you. The very fact YOU have ZERO idea what is actually going on *here* other than what you can gleam on the internet and Google, makes you hardly an 'authority' over someone who actually is living it 'here'.

When it comes to imposing health restrictions, especially where *I am* (where YOU'RE NOT*), I ought to know so much better than you about this subject. CDC proclaimed no mask mandate for the vaccinated, health officials recommends mask mandates indoors for everyone including vaccinated folks. LA County sheriffs office declared they will not enforced such mandate because it is not backed by guidance of the CDC. So Federal, State and local governments, including its law enforcement agencies are in total disagreement and disarray - which one of these idiots is spreading dis / mis-information and who should we ban and silenced?

Heck, should we now silence and ban you since you didn't know and had a mis-informed opinion about it?

Biden declared yesterday Facebook is killing people. Today he said it's not really what he meant. Should he be silenced and banned?

The fact you couldn't tell me who is 'in authority' to define dis/mis-information for all, tells me you don't know either. Should you be banned or silenced, maybe monitor your communications, since absence of evidence is apparent with you?

Bottom line, your desperate deflection of this silly slippery slope this dimwitted regime got itself into is indicative of your denial this regime has ZERO idea what to do and how to properly handle this current situation. You cannot defend the indefensible.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2021, 01:25:28 PM by GQBlues »

Offline BillyB

• Trips: > 10
« Reply #2865 on: July 20, 2021, 01:37:01 PM »
Will the folks who voted for this regime, raise your hands and let it be known.

We had finally arrive to Dystopia, USA; where freedom of speech depends on the approval of the central government and its propaganda media. For those with opposing views to the central government's narrative, you will be universally banned from all social platform today, gulags tomorrow!!! Civil liberty, my arse!

If you think this silliness applies to everyone. Of course not. Don't make the mistake to believe this is NOT a bipartisan move. Who defines dis/misinformation? Of course you know. Otherwise Fauci, CDC, WHO, DNC, etc...would be propped for banning for all the *dis/misinformation* they told all of us from the very beginning of this pandemic!!! Would venues like CNN, MSNBC, ABC, CBS, NBC et al going to be *banned*?

UNBELIEVABLE!!!!

Social media has already been censoring and banning millions of people even before the White House gave their blessing. Disinformation and misinformation aren't the only things targeted. Anything, including truth, causing 'vaccine hesitancy' will be removed. Experts in vaccines can be censored or banned if they aren't saying good things about the vaccines. If COVID vaccines were so great, there shouldn't be such a struggle to promote it.

This morning Senator asks FDA director and commissioner how many children died from COVID and both couldn't answer the question. Think about that considering they want to give kids experimental vaccines. They lack knowledge on the pros and cons of the product they're pushing.

http://t.me/WeTheMedia/26750

Attorney suing on behalf of America's Frontline Doctors saying 45K died from vaccines and has CDC whistleblower as witness.

http://rumble.com/vk1vsx-45k-dead-from-the-covid-shot-watch-atty-renz-lay-out-his-lawsuit.html

http://americasfrontlinedoctors.org/files/alabama-preliminary-injunction/

1600 sailors on British carrier and 100 vaccinated sailors got COVID. Methinks the efficacy isn't what is advertised in their press release.

http://www.scmp.com/news/world/europe/article/3141136/uk-navys-flagship-hit-covid-19-outbreak-en-route-asia

http://nypost.com/2021/07/14/covid-19-infects-about-100-vaccinated-crewmembers-on-hms-queen-elizabeth-report/

As this experiment continues, here is an example how news changes over time.

http://gab.com/KanekoaTheGreat/posts/106605640094626578

Pharma executives promoting mixing vaccines. So if you got the J & J shot, they would like you to take an mRNA Moderna or Pfizer shot for a booster. Of course, this is for your protection. Lets not take one type of experimental vaccine but two! All these different type of solutions being offered since nobody seems to have the answer. The answer could be as simple as allowing our own natural immunity handle it.

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2021-06-11/pharma-executives-seeking-higher-immunity-mix-own-covid-shots?utm_source=url_link
Fund the audits, spread the word and educate people, write your politicians and other elected officials. Stay active in the fight to save our country. Over 220 generals and admirals say we are in a fight for our survival like no other time since 1776.

Offline GQBlues

« Reply #2866 on: July 20, 2021, 02:40:31 PM »
It appears that maybe a huge number of Europeans will soon be silenced and banned by our current regime!

Offline BC

« Reply #2867 on: July 20, 2021, 02:56:24 PM »

Too far off the left field. So I've no idea what exactly are you saying I'm balking about. I couldn't care less what Montana is doing in their corner anymore than I'd care what Oregon is doing in theirs. I do care about this regime's attempt to define dis / mis-information on their own and act upon it for those who doesn't agree.

That's central governing IMO.

No, right on home plate.

Thank you. That's what the internet is for FWIW.

Yep, you can open gqblues.com and do whatever you want with it with a few obvious limitations.  You could even ban me for example and I couldn't do anything about that.

Or so I thought. Then discriminating certain societal liberties started to rear it's ugly heads.

Anything illegal or unconstitutional?

Hell, NO! You asked for an honest opinion, I gave it to you. So then you acted upon it, better believe YOU ARE responsible for your own action. If I asked you if this vaccine is OKAY, and you gave me your honest opinion, and it ended up killing me, it doesn't make you responsible for my death now, is it? 

You understand the nuance and complexity now?

Nothing nuanced or complex about that, is there?  It's crystal clear, which is the point I was making.

Wrong. Society at large is composed of individuals that are nuanced and complex. Ask a Muslim who God is and he'll tell you. Doesn't mean he's spreading dis/mis-information simply because you're a jew or christian. Nor did it mean he's ignorant. On the contrary.

They all worship the same God.  What's so nuanced or complex about that?

If anyone is doing any tree barking, it's you. The very fact YOU have ZERO idea what is actually going on *here* other than what you can gleam on the internet and Google, makes you hardly an 'authority' over someone who actually is living it 'here'.

Again, your opinion is fine, but adds no substance to your line of discourse.

When it comes to imposing health restrictions, especially where *I am* (where YOU'RE NOT*), I ought to know so much better than you about this subject. CDC proclaimed no mask mandate for the vaccinated, health officials recommends mask mandates indoors for everyone including vaccinated folks. LA County sheriffs office declared they will not enforced such mandate because it is not backed by guidance of the CDC. So Federal, State and local governments, including its law enforcement agencies are in total disagreement and disarray - which one of these idiots is spreading dis / mis-information and who should we ban and silenced?

And?  It has been in disarray since the virus emerged.  Think about it, you again make my point.

Heck, should we now silence and ban you since you didn't know and had a mis-informed opinion about it?

Probably best to address this with whom you have issues with, leadership in the state you reside in.

Biden declared yesterday Facebook is killing people. Today he said it's not really what he meant. Should he be silenced and banned?

Public forum?

The fact you couldn't tell me who is 'in authority' to define dis/mis-information for all, tells me you don't know either. Should you be banned or silenced, maybe monitor your communications, since absence of evidence is apparent with you?

I already addressed this, that it doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure it out.  Does take a level head, though.

Bottom line, your desperate deflection of this silly slippery slope this dimwitted regime got itself into is indicative of your denial this regime has ZERO idea what to do and how to properly handle this current situation. You cannot defend the indefensible.

Interesting, heard the same words about the last regime you fully supported.  Good for the goose.....

Offline GQBlues

« Reply #2868 on: July 20, 2021, 03:12:07 PM »
No, right on home plate.

Again, your opinion. Free to express it. Wonderful world, isn't it?

Yep, you can open gqblues.com and do whatever you want with it with a few obvious limitations.  You could even ban me for example and I couldn't do anything about that.

Obviously, you either didn't understand, or maybe a bit slow on the uptake. This regime ushering social MEDIA to universally 'ban' people 'it' defines as spreading dis / mis-information.

Get it now?

Anything illegal or unconstitutional?

Yup. Last I know 'discrimination' is illegal.

Nothing nuanced or complex about that, is there?  It's crystal clear, which is the point I was making.

An expressed honest opinion, even belief should NOT be banned nor silence. I am glad to know you finally understood.

They all worship the same God.  What's so nuanced or complex about that?

Hhhmmm...apparently not. But *ignorance* is bliss.

Again, your opinion is fine, but adds no substance to your line of discourse.

And?  It has been in disarray since the virus emerged.  Think about it, you again make my point.

Nope. Current regime is but only 7 months in. Previous administration did not usher social media to ban or silence anyone who sought freedom of expression. If anything, folks like you fully subscribed to *fake news*, remember? You didn't get silenced or banned for biting into the Russia Gate hook line and sinker baby. Amongst other things.

Probably best to address this with whom you have issues with, leadership in the state you reside in.

Then why even have an opinion about it then to begin with? But of course, again, you are free to express it regardless of the obvious ignorance.

Public forum?

Yup. Wouldn't it be wonderful if he was?

I already addressed this, that it doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure it out.  Does take a level head, though.

No you didn't. You may believe you did, bit I wouldn't hold it against you, nor would I want to see you banned or silenced.

Interesting, heard the same words about the last regime you fully supported.  Good for the goose.....

Even making things up i.e. dis-information; to prolong your denial should subject you to being banned or silenced. At least according to this regime's definition.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2021, 03:22:05 PM by GQBlues »

Offline BillyB

« Reply #2869 on: July 20, 2021, 04:11:38 PM »

It didn't start with gas chambers. It started with one party controlling the media. One party controlling the message. One party deciding what is truth. One party censoring speech and silencing opposition. One party dividing citizens into "US" and "Them" and calling on their supporters to harass "them". It started when good people turned a blind eye and let it happen.

http://t.me/SidneyPowell/1344

You guys ever wonder how people can support bad government, even one as bad as Hitler's? Open your eyes to see how it is done.

Rand Paul warns Fauci lying to Congress can get him jail time.

« Last Edit: July 20, 2021, 04:13:41 PM by BillyB »
Fund the audits, spread the word and educate people, write your politicians and other elected officials. Stay active in the fight to save our country. Over 220 generals and admirals say we are in a fight for our survival like no other time since 1776.

Offline GQBlues

« Reply #2870 on: July 20, 2021, 04:19:18 PM »
A very objective view about the population's hesitancy about the vaccine. A view this current regime is too dimwitted to understand, much less 'consider'.

>> To counter perceived misinformation, you don't need censorship. You need patient contextualization. Better education. << pp

Offline BillyB

« Reply #2871 on: July 20, 2021, 05:04:01 PM »

If government and health officials truly want to keep people alive and believe the vaccine to be the answer, they would get rid of the health officials that deceived the public starting with Fauci who said the virus was natural last year. People won't listen to people they don't trust. Like GQ's video mentioned, people's concerns aren't being addressed. People's concerns are being censored which raises even more alarms. Government isn't behaving like adults. They are behaving like children. Shut up, trust us and take the vaccine.

This whole thing is political. Remember the video I put up with Kamala and Biden saying they wouldn't trust the vaccine Trump worked on? They said the vaccine was going to hurt people until they took control.

Offline BC

« Reply #2872 on: July 20, 2021, 11:27:31 PM »

Sure, as long as this forum tolerates the discussion.

Obviously, you either didn't understand, or maybe a bit slow on the uptake. This regime ushering social MEDIA to universally 'ban' people 'it' defines as spreading dis / mis-information.

Get it now?

I get your point, but obviously do not agree with it, which is fine. Your word choice is interesting. "Ushering" implies a form of authority, which the administration does not have.  They are suggesting social media companies strengthen their stance on mis- and disinformation.  Many already take steps to reduce propagation of such, i.e. http://www.facebook.com/communitystandards/false_news 

You OTOH imply an exercise of authority that would indeed be contrary to our Constitution.  This is a self-made issue you are creating that simply does not exist.  IOW, much ado about nothing.

Make sense now?

Yup. Last I know 'discrimination' is illegal.

Discrimination is legal except for:

Race, Color, or National Origin
Gender, Sex, or Sexual Orientation
Religion
Pregnancy or Disability

The rest is fair game.  You're attempting to make my dislike of broccoli illegal.

An expressed honest opinion, even belief should NOT be banned nor silence. I am glad to know you finally understood.

You are correct, in a public forum.

Hhhmmm...apparently not. But *ignorance* is bliss.

Open for discussion, but such is not tolerated on this private forum per published posting guidelines.

Nope. Current regime is but only 7 months in. Previous administration did not usher social media to ban or silence anyone who sought freedom of expression. If anything, folks like you fully subscribed to *fake news*, remember? You didn't get silenced or banned for biting into the Russia Gate hook line and sinker baby. Amongst other things.

I could well have been silenced, even here at RWD, as many of those discussions were against forum guidelines.

Then why even have an opinion about it then to begin with? But of course, again, you are free to express it regardless of the obvious ignorance.

Yup. Wouldn't it be wonderful if he was?

No you didn't. You may believe you did, bit I wouldn't hold it against you, nor would I want to see you banned or silenced.

I have no issue with being silenced or banned from fora that are not public.  You, OTOH, do.

Even making things up i.e. dis-information; to prolong your denial should subject you to being banned or silenced. At least according to this regime's definition.

I understand the Constitution fairly well, thus have no issues with goings-on that surround your unfounded objections.

Offline BC

« Reply #2873 on: July 21, 2021, 01:05:07 AM »
A very objective view about the population's hesitancy about the vaccine. A view this current regime is too dimwitted to understand, much less 'consider'.

>> To counter perceived misinformation, you don't need censorship. You need patient contextualization. Better education. << pp

Nice video GQ, and a decent overview.

I do agree that inserting politics into the equation is still, today, a huge issue and the evidence is clear.  It also didn't start with the current regime.  We could have been much better off without political headwinds and hot air.  At the moment, seems to be more like fighting fire with fire.

Offline GQBlues

« Reply #2874 on: July 21, 2021, 08:22:45 AM »
This 'hot spot' map by NYT seem to work well enough to give one an idea what is going on nationwide, per county, for case accounting. I'm not sure how accurate the tracking is, and how often (if they in fact are updating this on a daily basis, or just utilizing average end method).

http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2021/us/covid-cases.html

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8883
Latest: Leroy14
New This Month: 1
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 541010
Total Topics: 20849
Most Online Today: 2013
Most Online Ever: 12701
(January 14, 2020, 07:04:55 AM)
Users Online
Members: 11
Guests: 1908
Total: 1919

+-Recent Posts

If you don't know what you are talking about, post away anyway by 2tallbill
Today at 04:17:08 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Today at 02:48:08 PM

Re: What to do by krimster2
Today at 01:09:03 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Trenchcoat
Today at 12:51:13 PM

Re: What to do by Trenchcoat
Today at 12:33:48 PM

Re: If you don't know what you are talking about, post away anyway by Trenchcoat
Today at 12:24:44 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Today at 11:16:08 AM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by ML
Today at 10:31:43 AM

Re: What to do by krimster2
Today at 09:47:10 AM

What to do by 2tallbill
Today at 09:37:41 AM