It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: Did I Screw Up?  (Read 74989 times)

Offline ML

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
  • Trips: > 10
Re: Did I Screw Up?
« Reply #350 on: November 15, 2019, 11:37:49 AM »
In the past few weeks I have had two women want to fix me up with friends. But when I see photos of them i have no interest in meeting them at all.

But weren't you told they have great personalities ??
A beautiful woman is pleasant to look at, but it is easier to live with a pleasant acting one.

Offline SteveInBoston

• Trips: 1 - 3
« Reply #351 on: November 15, 2019, 11:42:52 AM »
Yes.

I noticed Lindsay Wagner is still hot.  I think she's single, as well.

Offline BillyB

« Reply #352 on: November 15, 2019, 11:57:49 AM »
Who wants an age appropriate woman?

No stares, no gossip, no scandal.  Where would be the fun in that ?

When people see me and my wife walk down the street, it feels good when people stare thinking I'm rich or have a big dick.
Fund the audits, spread the word and educate people, write your politicians and other elected officials. Stay active in the fight to save our country. Over 220 generals and admirals say we are in a fight for our survival like no other time since 1776.

Online 2tallbill

• Living the dream
  • Spouse's Country: Russia
« Reply #353 on: November 15, 2019, 01:01:00 PM »
If you 'understand' it - why do you and others demean yourselves by continuing it's use ? ;)

Because you don't control the words here. We have been
using MOB to describe the industry since this site began.

FSUW are not for entry level daters
FSUW don't do vague
FSUW like a man of action. Be a man of action 
If you find a promising girl, get your butt on a plane.
There are a hundred ways to be successful and a thousand ways to f#ck it up
Just kiss the girl, don't ask her first. Tolerate NO excuses!

Offline msmob

« Reply #354 on: November 15, 2019, 02:03:40 PM »
Because you don't control the words here. We have been
using MOB to describe the industry since this site began.

I 'missed' any claim to do so - but I reserve the right to point out how STUPID continued use of said term is ...

Offline JayH

« Reply #355 on: November 15, 2019, 03:22:09 PM »
It was Tomsk.   Been in touch with the guy.   He's always fun to talk to.

Reading 2T upthread  I was thinking exactly that ( Tomsk)and contemplated asking-- and you answered :)
I was wondering how he was doing .
Same guy also ventured to Belarus a few times and to Moldova.
SLAVA UKRAYINI  ! HEROYAM SLAVA!!!!
Слава Украине! Слава героям слава!Слава Україні! Слава героям!
 translated as: Glory to Ukraine! Glory to the heroes!!!  is a Ukrainian greeting slogan being used now all over Ukraine to signify support for a free independent Ukraine

Offline jone

« Reply #356 on: November 15, 2019, 05:21:35 PM »
Last I heard, he was on his way back to Belarus.
Kissing girls is a goodness.  It beats the hell out of card games.  - Robert Heinlein

Online 2tallbill

• Living the dream
« Reply #357 on: November 16, 2019, 12:56:48 PM »
I 'missed' any claim to do so - but I reserve the right to point out how STUPID continued use of said term is ...

You do it all the time, it's one of your pedant traits.

I've been to the Ukraine, the city of Kiev in search of MOB's.
You can almost hear furniture overturning as Moby runs to
tell me I what I can't say or how I can't say it.

The ONLY things worse are talking about the Queen of England,
anything about Ireland, or anything favorable about Brexit.

« Last Edit: November 16, 2019, 01:07:17 PM by 2tallbill »
FSUW don't do vague

Online 2tallbill

• Living the dream
« Reply #358 on: November 16, 2019, 01:07:48 PM »
Last I heard, he was on his way back to Belarus.

If you talk to him, tell him I wish him success.
FSUW don't do vague

Offline jone

« Reply #359 on: November 16, 2019, 01:09:51 PM »
Yeah.  Slumba talks to him more than I do.   He is a fun guy.  Always has a good story.   We still kid him about his date in Tomsk going through his refrigerator.
Kissing girls is a goodness.  It beats the hell out of card games.  - Robert Heinlein

Offline scarface816

• Trips: 4 - 10
« Reply #360 on: November 18, 2019, 07:56:51 AM »
Another question. Maybe a minor detail and maybe I am overthinking.  It looks like I may have a break in my activity in my business coming up. But it would be during the dead of winter. And I come from one of the warmer states.

Should this be a deterrent to going to Ukraine?  Would you guys go in winter or would you wait?  What about activities? You just do a lot of stuff inside?

By the way on the other thing about fix ups. I went on one date with a fix up. It was not very good. Woman was not very attractive and she had quite a bit of baggage.

Met another woman at a meetup group she was kind of attractive. Got her number and we went on one date. But she has two teenage kids that appear to be giving her problems from her divorce. Seems like a problem situation from the beginning.

Offline Patagonie

• >25 travels
« Reply #361 on: November 18, 2019, 08:22:50 AM »
Another question. Maybe a minor detail and maybe I am overthinking.  It looks like I may have a break in my activity in my business coming up. But it would be during the dead of winter. And I come from one of the warmer states.

Should this be a deterrent to going to Ukraine?  Would you guys go in winter or would you wait?  What about activities? You just do a lot of stuff inside?

By the way on the other thing about fix ups. I went on one date with a fix up. It was not very good. Woman was not very attractive and she had quite a bit of baggage.

Met another woman at a meetup group she was kind of attractive. Got her number and we went on one date. But she has two teenage kids that appear to be giving her problems from her divorce. Seems like a problem situation from the beginning.

Excuse me i am curious, what's a meetup group?
"Je glissais through the paper wall, an angel in the hand, s taboy. I lay on the floor, surgi des chants de Maldoror, je mix l'intégrale de mes nuits de crystal, i belong to the festival.

Online Faux Pas

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: No Selection
« Reply #362 on: November 18, 2019, 08:31:23 AM »

Should time and circumstance dictate that you travel to Ukraine in the winter do it and do not give it another thought. Just prepare yourself as winters in Ukraine (most parts) and Florida or where ever you're from have different attire requirements.

I am a Son of the South, born and bred but I have seen cold weather on a few occasions . Once my particular time and circumstance took me to Tomsk in the latter part of February one year. I went for some overkill on preparations including a down coat rated something like -60 below. It was great as long as I was outside but the minute I went inside someplace I was breaking out in a sweat. Overkill along with the thermal underarmour and the quilted flannel shirts. I regretted those.

You'll need a good warm coat (not too warm) and some good boots. I told you all of that to tell you this, when I got off the plane at 5:30 am that morning and as that cold air hit my face I knew that was a cold I hadn't ever experienced. There was 8ft of snow on the ground. I was a bit worried at the moment but as it turned out, I was never "cold" per se' my entire 2 weeks I was there and the temps were brutal especially to what I was accustomed to. Went spent a lot of time outside and I found myself sweating which also worried me. I though I might be getting sick but, I never did. Turned out I was well over dressed

Online 2tallbill

• Living the dream
Did I Screw Up?
« Reply #363 on: November 18, 2019, 08:37:30 AM »
Should this be a deterrent to going to Ukraine?  Would you guys go in winter
or would you wait?  What about activities? You just do a lot of stuff inside?

I went to the FSU many times in the winter and spent quite a bit
of it outside. They sell excellent cold weather gear in the USA
Wear a hat, keep your feet dry.

Don't key in on Ukraine exclusively, there are other FSU countries
that are excellent places to find an excellent woman, with the
exception of Georgia. I recommend that you avoid Georgia.

FSUW don't do vague

Online 2tallbill

• Living the dream
« Reply #364 on: November 18, 2019, 08:40:31 AM »
FSUW don't do vague

Online krimster2

• Trips: Resident
« Reply #365 on: November 18, 2019, 09:03:24 AM »
when I took my 6 month sabbatical in Kyiv in 1996, I was concerned about cold weather as well...  at the time I lived in Northern California, and I did a lot skiing at North Star Lake Tahoe...

I found that a BLACK down ski jacket that I had for skiing was the perfect thing to wear for Kyiv’s winter, but you’ll need some kinda hat that doesn’t look too dorky to keep your head warm, and rabbit fur lined kid leather gloves, bring several pairs...
cuz if you let a Russian woman try them on, then you’ll have to give them to her (trust me...)

all outer wear has to be BLACK in color....
warm cashmere sweaters are a must you can move away from black here...

at least one pair of outdoor climbing shoes/boots for walking on ice...
that ice gets pretty nasty in Kyiv!

the climate reminded me a lot of NYC in winter, Kyiv isn’t really bad if you dress warm!

if you get a big snowstorm in Kyiv go to the big outdoor market and buy a wooden sled
wax those rails and head over to Hrushevskoho Ulitsa
I bet I was doing 30 miles per hour at the bottom of that hill
any woman who won’t go sledding with you on Hrushevskoho, I’d drop her immediately
after sledding you want to cook lunch for her, something hardy and warming...
and you want a fire going in the fireplace...and her alcoholic preference....
bonus points for an alpaca blanket on the chair or couch she’s sitting on
everything else just pretty much happens on it its own after that first drink or two...
just sayin...
« Last Edit: November 18, 2019, 09:05:51 AM by krimster2 »

Offline BillyB

« Reply #366 on: November 18, 2019, 09:24:24 AM »

If the girl(s) is/are worth it, go visit. Get on the phone with some of the ladies you're in contact with now. Get to know them. You might find one you really like to go see and you might find she likes you a lot. Don't worry about activities. The lady you visit will figure it out.
Fund the audits, spread the word and educate people, write your politicians and other elected officials. Stay active in the fight to save our country. Over 220 generals and admirals say we are in a fight for our survival like no other time since 1776.

Offline scarface816

« Reply #367 on: November 18, 2019, 10:41:26 AM »
http://www.meetup.com/RusskiYazyk/

I never went to a Russian language meetup group. That is pretty cool though. There are numerous meetup groups for different interests. International meetups biking hiking boating sports language cultural business etc. Just a way for people to meet and get to know each other in this age of smart phones and atomized social groups.

Occasionally you will find a cute girl or two.

Offline ML

« Reply #368 on: November 18, 2019, 11:43:40 AM »
Don't worry about activities. The lady you visit will figure it out.

Not always. 

I have come across a few who throw out the . . .

"You are the man, so you should have a plan for our activities."

Thus, always a good idea to do some searching online to find out some of the attractions in the gal's area.

I remember in St Petersburg there is a regular performance at one of the small 'castles' in town called:  "Feel Yourself Russian."

This was supposed to make you experience Russian music and particularly dancing.
Despite being focused toward foreigners, the local Russian gals enjoyed going there a lot.

It was always funny when they wanted me to explain why it was called 'Feel Yourself.'
Always led to some sexual flirtation between us.

I attended 4 times.  One memorable time, two male Chinese tourists got into a yelling and shoving match over who would get to sit in the front row.
A beautiful woman is pleasant to look at, but it is easier to live with a pleasant acting one.

Offline BillyB

« Reply #369 on: November 18, 2019, 11:50:31 AM »
Not always. 

I have come across a few who throw out the . . .

"You are the man, so you should have a plan for our activities."

Thus, always a good idea to do some searching online to find out some of the attractions in the gal's area.

Yes, it's wise for a guy to do his homework before going to any city to figure out what to do and where to go but most women I visited knew I'm a guest in their city and didn't expect me to know much and took care of me. If a woman can't be a good hostess, chances are she's not much into the man. After a man knows his way around town then she can play the "You're the man, you figure it out" card.

Offline HoundDaddyLee

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
« Reply #370 on: November 18, 2019, 12:47:03 PM »
Should time and circumstance dictate that you travel to Ukraine in the winter do it and do not give it another thought. Just prepare yourself as winters in Ukraine (most parts) and Florida or where ever you're from have different attire requirements.

I am a Son of the South, born and bred but I have seen cold weather on a few occasions . Once my particular time and circumstance took me to Tomsk in the latter part of February one year. I went for some overkill on preparations including a down coat rated something like -60 below. It was great as long as I was outside but the minute I went inside someplace I was breaking out in a sweat. Overkill along with the thermal underarmour and the quilted flannel shirts. I regretted those.

You'll need a good warm coat (not too warm) and some good boots. I told you all of that to tell you this, when I got off the plane at 5:30 am that morning and as that cold air hit my face I knew that was a cold I hadn't ever experienced. There was 8ft of snow on the ground. I was a bit worried at the moment but as it turned out, I was never "cold" per se' my entire 2 weeks I was there and the temps were brutal especially to what I was accustomed to. Went spent a lot of time outside and I found myself sweating which also worried me. I though I might be getting sick but, I never did. Turned out I was well over dressed

I have been to both Ukraine and Belarus in winter. All of the above advise it good. I would add good gloves and an LL Bean rabbit fur trapper had. Warmest hat I have ever owned...

I say if you have the time/money, go for it!

HDL

Online krimster2

• Trips: Resident
« Reply #371 on: November 18, 2019, 01:04:09 PM »
if you click with a woman in Ukraine in the winter...
AND she has a travel passport....
THEN 100% you should just get on a plane and go to Turkey with her...
TONS of different places you can go to...
some exotic/erotic ones....
and you don’t have to do much advance planning
get your visa when you get off the plane...
all the trips I made with girlfriends there were beyond incredible....

Offline msmob

« Reply #372 on: November 18, 2019, 01:19:27 PM »

Better be quick ..

Cyprus was 24C today -  next week much cooler :(

Offline scarface816

« Reply #373 on: November 18, 2019, 01:41:35 PM »
TONS of different places you can go to...
some exotic/erotic ones....
and you don’t have to do much advance planning
get your visa when you get off the plane...
all the trips I made with girlfriends there were beyond incredible....

A couple of questions. Do you believe Turkey is safe for Americans? I don't mind going to sketchy places and I have been to a few. But I know Americans can get specifically targeted by certain groups.

Also on the philosophy of traveling with a new FSUW seems to be the wrong way to go at least at first. Isn't this something you do further down the line when you are better established?

What do you mean by "exotic/erotic places"? This is a muslim country.

Online 2tallbill

• Living the dream
What to wear?
« Reply #374 on: November 18, 2019, 02:03:29 PM »
when I took my 6 month sabbatical in Kyiv in 1996, I was concerned about cold weather as well...  at the time I lived in Northern California, and I did a lot skiing at North Star Lake Tahoe...

I found that a BLACK down ski jacket that I had for skiing was the perfect thing to wear for Kyiv’s winter, but you’ll need some kinda hat that doesn’t look too dorky to keep your head warm, and rabbit fur lined kid leather gloves, bring several pairs...
cuz if you let a Russian woman try them on, then you’ll have to give them to her (trust me...)

all outer wear has to be BLACK in color....
warm cashmere sweaters are a must you can move away from black here...

at least one pair of outdoor climbing shoes/boots for walking on ice...
that ice gets pretty nasty in Kyiv!

the climate reminded me a lot of NYC in winter, Kyiv isn’t really bad if you dress warm!

if you get a big snowstorm in Kyiv go to the big outdoor market and buy a wooden sled
wax those rails and head over to Hrushevskoho Ulitsa
I bet I was doing 30 miles per hour at the bottom of that hill
any woman who won’t go sledding with you on Hrushevskoho, I’d drop her immediately
after sledding you want to cook lunch for her, something hardy and warming...
and you want a fire going in the fireplace...and her alcoholic preference....
bonus points for an alpaca blanket on the chair or couch she’s sitting on
everything else just pretty much happens on it its own after that first drink or two...
just sayin...

Krimster,

Lot's of good stuff there
I've skied North Star many times, Heavenly too many times to count
and Squaw Valley, Kirkwood and I seriously damaged my back requiring
surgery at Mt Rose.

I never went with a down jacket, I went with Columbia black or black
with red trim. I wore Columbia boots or Sorel boots. I spend many
hours getting the right gloves that fit my extra large paws every year.
Just because X company made a perfect glove for me one year is no
guarantee that the same glove will fit the next year.

Luckily for me my gloves would be totally useless to any woman who
could even be remotely attractive, wear plates in their lips or a member
of the Dinka tribe. I spend to many hours hunting for them to ever give
them up.

I bought a Russian fur hat that I love but it's too hot for temperatures
above 10F (-12C) unless the wind is howling. I would recommend a
beanie for traveling to the FSU and then buying one or two locally
with your local advisor to help. 

Columbia website
http://www.columbia.com/

North Face website
http://www.columbia.com/

Sorel:
http://www.sorel.com/winter-boots/

FSUW don't do vague

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8883
Latest: Leroy14
New This Month: 1
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 541006
Total Topics: 20849
Most Online Today: 2013
Most Online Ever: 12701
(January 14, 2020, 07:04:55 AM)
Users Online
Members: 11
Guests: 1880
Total: 1891

+-Recent Posts

Re: What to do by Trenchcoat
Today at 12:33:48 PM

Re: If you don't know what you are talking about, post away anyway by Trenchcoat
Today at 12:24:44 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Today at 11:16:08 AM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by ML
Today at 10:31:43 AM

Re: What to do by krimster2
Today at 09:47:10 AM

What to do by 2tallbill
Today at 09:37:41 AM

Re: If you don't know what you are talking about, post away anyway by 2tallbill
Today at 09:18:17 AM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Today at 07:00:25 AM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Brillynt
Today at 06:16:36 AM

Yesterday at 09:20:42 PM