It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: Kiev Agencies for Visa  (Read 25226 times)

Offline msmob

• Spouse's Country: Russia
  • Trips: > 10
Re: Kiev Agencies for Visa
« Reply #25 on: January 02, 2018, 11:26:04 PM »
Read the link I posted down thread a bit. Looks like open doors to London for Ukrainians.  :)

I read the link .. it shows that the UK govt's cutting down on Border Agency staff meant less effective control - it most certainly does not make our Border Control staff ' idiots' - just under-paid, over worked and more open to mistakes.

Offline LAman

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: 4 - 10
« Reply #26 on: January 03, 2018, 10:07:05 AM »
What is this talk of visas gaspar? You haven't meet this girl from Odessa yet. Why is there so much 'cart before the horse' around here?
Life isn't tied with a bow, but it's still a gift

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
  • Spouse's Country: Ukraine
« Reply #27 on: January 03, 2018, 10:32:52 AM »

I meant the EU with recent VISA free laws for Ukes. No idea on the most recent changes you guys have enacted in the UK, but I personally know many FSUW who visit London without any issues whatsoever. In fact my wife was there 3 days ago.

For every person denied there are many that are approved. We know Ukes that work on ships docked here in Miami. We know girls that are applying for asylum after overstaying tourist VISA's in NYC. We know girls that have married guys after a vacation. Women that fly over to have anchor babies in Miami. Girls that get in via amusement park work permits. It goes on and on.

It is not as hard as everyone is making it out to be. You either screwed up the paperwork, were singled out and unlucky, or overlooked something the others were privy to.

Many women will initially go to Paris. France is easier to get into than other places. That first stamp and return shows they can be trusted. From there it is easier to get in other countries. That is what my wife did for work years ago. Even easier now.

And people on here tell me FSW are not trying to get out off their home country on here and use whatever means to do so including getting with WM if only temporary. It could well be that the immigration department has got fed up of all this carry on and is now cracking down on Russian/Ukrainians as they don't want more of this on their doorstep. I think Gaspar's main problem was that he had not met this girl at all and they would have been looking for a solid few months at least on this front. The UK system likewise wants to see similar but my last girl did not understand that a relationship of at best weeks would unlikely be enough and then other financial blocks would exist. She pig headedly would not take it in and refused to accept she would not get one, lol.

UK situation is that we are not a part of Schengen and so the EU deal reached with Ukraine means that it does not apply to us even though we are still at present in the EU. 
"If you make your own bread, then and only then, are you a free man unchained and alive living in pooty tang paradise, or say no and live in Incel island with all the others." - Krimster

Offline msmob

« Reply #28 on: January 03, 2018, 01:00:44 PM »
And people on here tell me FSW are not trying to get out off their home country on here and use whatever means to do so including getting with WM if only temporary. It could well be that the immigration department has got fed up of all this carry on and is now cracking down on Russian/Ukrainians as they don't want more of this on their doorstep. I think Gaspar's main problem was that he had not met this girl at all and they would have been looking for a solid few months at least on this front. The UK system likewise wants to see similar but my last girl did not understand that a relationship of at best weeks would unlikely be enough and then other financial blocks would exist. She pig headedly would not take it in and refused to accept she would not get one, lol.

UK situation is that we are not a part of Schengen and so the EU deal reached with Ukraine means that it does not apply to us even though we are still at present in the EU.

For as long as I've been 'in the game' the UK has made it nearly impossible for a single unemployed, non-home owning person to come - unless a family member.

IF Ukrainians wanted to get out of Ukraine in the numbers you suggest - we'd be reading about it and moves would be being made to end the 90-day visa free travel

More Trench, BS

« Last Edit: January 03, 2018, 04:49:27 PM by msmob »

Offline Boethius

• Trips: No Selection
« Reply #29 on: January 03, 2018, 01:16:03 PM »
And people on here tell me FSW are not trying to get out off their home country on here and use whatever means to do so including getting with WM if only temporary.

They aren't "using" WM to get out of their home country. 

After the fall of communism, the biggest mistake Boris Yeltsin's regime made was not to disband the KGB altogether. Instead it changed its name to the FSB and, to many observers, morphed into a gangster organisation, eventually headed by master criminal Vladimir Putin. - Gerard Batten

Offline gaspar227

• Trips: None (yet)
« Reply #30 on: January 04, 2018, 12:05:17 PM »
If the K1 visa process is 5-8 months.  And you are even considering this person as a good candidate.  it's good to understand the process and timeline so that we are all aligned.  This woman, for instance, was told by her 'lawyer' that all we had to do was get married in Odessa and she could come home with me.  Unless I'm missing something, this is completely inaccurate.  My goal, regardless of the outcome with a particular woman is to see Ukrania, understand what it is, who lives there, what the consulate process is etc so that I KNOW what's going on, not just hear what is going on.

So the visa piece is huge for me to know.  If things work out, and I begin the K1 process now, instead of waiting 6 months, then there is less wait overall.  If the tourist visa was a viable option, there is NO pressure for marriage and I could spend time with her where I am asking her to move to.  So this was the first thing I wanted to explore.

I don't understand why this is cart before the horse.  If she could tourist visa for 30-90 days, then it would be more like dating here, which I understand.  The K1 process takes forever, so even starting it without fully intending to see it to conclusion would be a good idea if you think there's a possibility.  And at the end of it you still get 90 days to live together to find out.  Yes, it costs $265 bucks but if you're excited by month 4, and you have another 5-8 months to go to begin the 90 days together instead of 1-4 months...$265 is a small price to pay.

As I understand it, SHE is applying for the visa, not me.  So there's really nothing that I have to lose. Maybe she can't apply again for a certain timeframe.  But as has been said here many times, these women are not exactly inundated with actual suitors who actually show up and actually get them to the visa point.  This woman, in particular, is not exactly chomping at the bit to leave Odessa, but she is willing to move.  She would prefer I move there...but unless I have a 100% remote job, this is not practical.  So this really doesn't have an effect on her if I pay the fees.

Online Hammer2722

• Spouse's Country: Belarus
« Reply #31 on: January 04, 2018, 12:17:01 PM »
If the K1 visa process is 5-8 months.  And you are even considering this person as a good candidate.  it's good to understand the process and timeline so that we are all aligned.  This woman, for instance, was told by her 'lawyer' that all we had to do was get married in Odessa and she could come home with me.  Unless I'm missing something, this is completely inaccurate.  My goal, regardless of the outcome with a particular woman is to see Ukrania, understand what it is, who lives there, what the consulate process is etc so that I KNOW what's going on, not just hear what is going on.

So the visa piece is huge for me to know.  If things work out, and I begin the K1 process now, instead of waiting 6 months, then there is less wait overall.  If the tourist visa was a viable option, there is NO pressure for marriage and I could spend time with her where I am asking her to move to.  So this was the first thing I wanted to explore.

I don't understand why this is cart before the horse.  If she could tourist visa for 30-90 days, then it would be more like dating here, which I understand.  The K1 process takes forever, so even starting it without fully intending to see it to conclusion would be a good idea if you think there's a possibility.  And at the end of it you still get 90 days to live together to find out.  Yes, it costs $265 bucks but if you're excited by month 4, and you have another 5-8 months to go to begin the 90 days together instead of 1-4 months...$265 is a small price to pay.

As I understand it, SHE is applying for the visa, not me.  So there's really nothing that I have to lose. Maybe she can't apply again for a certain timeframe.  But as has been said here many times, these women are not exactly inundated with actual suitors who actually show up and actually get them to the visa point.  This woman, in particular, is not exactly chomping at the bit to leave Odessa, but she is willing to move.  She would prefer I move there...but unless I have a 100% remote job, this is not practical.  So this really doesn't have an effect on her if I pay the fees.

there is a great website/forum where you can learn all about the visa process. Its called Visa journey.

BTW, the K1 visa is applied for by YOU! there will be some info she will have to provide you but ultimately, almost all the paperwork will be filled and submitted by you. Its not a hard process but its not fast either. Go to Visa Journey and they can walk you through the process....
« Last Edit: January 04, 2018, 12:20:00 PM by Hammer2722 »
every ship can be a minesweeper at least once...

Offline alex330

« Reply #32 on: January 04, 2018, 12:37:17 PM »
If the K1 visa process is 5-8 months. This woman, for instance, was told by her 'lawyer' that all we had to do was get married in Odessa and she could come home with me.  Unless I'm missing something, this is completely inaccurate.

That is not accurate. You would still need to apply for a family based VISA. And I was under the impression they can take longer than a K1 sometimes. Our K1 took 10 months (One RFE).

http://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/immigrate/family-immigration/immigrant-visa-for-spouse.html

The K1 process takes forever, so even starting it without fully intending to see it to conclusion would be a good idea if you think there's a possibility.  And at the end of it you still get 90 days to live together to find out.  Yes, it costs $265 bucks but if you're excited by month 4, and you have another 5-8 months to go to begin the 90 days together instead of 1-4 months...$265 is a small price to pay.

You can only file for K1 twice in your life in most cases. The costs are much more than $265. Costs add up after she arrives as well. If she is already in the country you do not file a K1. You marry and go straight for green card.

I would look into all the details a bit more, sounds like you have a bunch of misinformation.

Offline alex330

« Reply #33 on: January 04, 2018, 12:46:20 PM »
And that 90 days flies by. You should want to marry the woman if you file a K1 imo. It's not enough time to get to know someone.

Offline gaspar227

« Reply #34 on: January 04, 2018, 01:13:17 PM »
hmm...ok.  That's fucked up.  I see you have to wait 2 years as a petitioner.  I get what you are saying. They already thought of this. 

Yeah I was mostly hot on the tourist visa idea, but i think that's door is shut down pretty hard right now.  She has a blank passport, no real family aside from parents etc.  They pretty much know if she gets here, she's staying. 

I knew the marriage thing from Odessa was bogus, but that's petitioner thing they probably tell you on the page where you are signing on the dotted line.   Thanks man.

Offline LAman

« Reply #35 on: January 04, 2018, 01:32:22 PM »

I don't understand why this is cart before the horse.
y

Not trying to burst bubbles but seen many newbies come here hot to trot on FSUW and try to figure ways to skip/speed up the process.

Dude, first meet the girl!!!! Meet several girls. See if you like them or they like you. Marriage is a serious process( at least to me it is), why are you in such a hurry????? This journey is NOT for everyone. What is happening now is your ego is getting stroked..... enjoy the moment.

If you want to learn about process just read up on visa journey. You ramble here about so many different situations or something you heard......all to bypass any process.

Just go to Odessa, meet the girl you have interest in and let it flow properly. If you have any questions I can help you with Odessa or I can point you in the right direction. There are others here who can also share their thoughts on Odessa. The center is small and very convenient that is where is will spend 99% of your time.
Life isn't tied with a bow, but it's still a gift

Offline gaspar227

« Reply #36 on: January 04, 2018, 01:46:57 PM »
ok man.  i'll stop rambling.  Thanks!

Offline whynotme

« Reply #37 on: January 04, 2018, 11:06:13 PM »
And NO Ukrainians cannot apply for asylum.

:P I never met Russians among my students but many Ukrainians. Guess what? I don't need to ask about their status, it's obvious - asylum. During breaks they talk about how better to milk government getting food stamps and free apartments.... and how to organize their Hawaiian vacations.

Offline whynotme

« Reply #38 on: January 04, 2018, 11:10:48 PM »
No need to write any advice for TS because he is just the next Trenchcoat :P

Offline JayH

« Reply #39 on: January 05, 2018, 12:33:46 AM »
y

Not trying to burst bubbles but seen many newbies come here hot to trot on FSUW and try to figure ways to skip/speed up the process.

Dude, first meet the girl!!!! Meet several girls. See if you like them or they like you. Marriage is a serious process( at least to me it is), why are you in such a hurry????? This journey is NOT for everyone. What is happening now is your ego is getting stroked..... enjoy the moment.

If you want to learn about process just read up on visa journey. You ramble here about so many different situations or something you heard......all to bypass any process.

Just go to Odessa, meet the girl you have interest in and let it flow properly. If you have any questions I can help you with Odessa or I can point you in the right direction. There are others here who can also share their thoughts on Odessa. The center is small and very convenient that is where is will spend 99% of your time.

Why do I agree with you so often !! ;D :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
SLAVA UKRAYINI  ! HEROYAM SLAVA!!!!
Слава Украине! Слава героям слава!Слава Україні! Слава героям!
 translated as: Glory to Ukraine! Glory to the heroes!!!  is a Ukrainian greeting slogan being used now all over Ukraine to signify support for a free independent Ukraine

Offline alex330

« Reply #40 on: January 05, 2018, 11:31:55 AM »
:P I never met Russians among my students but many Ukrainians. Guess what? I don't need to ask about their status, it's obvious - asylum. During breaks they talk about how better to milk government getting food stamps and free apartments.... and how to organize their Hawaiian vacations.

Many Russians here on asylum.

http://www.rferl.org/a/russia-increase-seeking-us-asylum-in-2016/28159435.html

Offline whynotme

Offline alex330

« Reply #42 on: January 05, 2018, 01:43:22 PM »
I don't write they aren't exist,  but I don't see them in a list here...

http://kuow.org/post/where-seattles-refugees-come-and-other-things-you-should-know

I imagine most are in more desirable cities like NY and Miami.

Offline GQBlues

« Reply #43 on: January 05, 2018, 02:13:40 PM »
What a stupid thread. Typical M.O.B. special.

Let's see - Plan A: a wooden crate should be about $50.00 in Ukraine. Figure $25.00 for straws and a blanket. US supplied MREs, entrusted to Ukraine's new and improved uncorrupted government, got sidetracked on the black market so I reckon a 15-day supply can be had for only about $5.00/EA (total $75.00).

Not sure if DHL/FedEx/UPS or even USPS accept cargo shipment originating from Ukraine, but maybe try Meest ( http://www.meest.us/ ). They might have Valentine's Day Special discount. Shipment usually takes about 10-15 days. Budgeting about $150.00 there.

Approximate total cost is about $300.00. About $35.00 over OP's budget. But hey, no one ever claimed MOB wives are ever a bargain.

The only other option of course is to do Plan B - the legal way, but then who is crazy enough to do that when option A is available. This is after all, the MOB.
Quote from: msmob
1. Because of 'man', global warming is causing desert and arid areas to suffer long, dry spell.
2. The 2018 Camp Fire and Woolsey California wildfires are forests burning because of global warming.
3. N95 mask will choke you dead after 30 min. of use.

Offline whynotme

« Reply #44 on: January 05, 2018, 02:20:13 PM »
I imagine most are in more desirable cities like NY and Miami.
Anything except your imagination? 
http://www.pewglobal.org/interactives/where-have-refugees-settled-in-the-u-s/
Choose 2017.

Offline alex330

« Reply #45 on: January 05, 2018, 02:42:31 PM »
Anything except your imagination? 
http://www.pewglobal.org/interactives/where-have-refugees-settled-in-the-u-s/
Choose 2017.

I see nothing there for gay Russians. Not that difficult to understand that most gay men would prefer to live in Cali, South Florida or NYC....

Offline ML

I was wrong
« Reply #46 on: January 05, 2018, 03:34:03 PM »
And NO Ukrainians cannot apply for asylum.  There is a list of countries from which people can apply for USA asylum, but Ukraine is not on that list.

I must admit that I was wrong in my above statement.

My first mistake was to use the word asylum when I meant to use the word refugee.

My second mistake was to go by past knowledge and not update my  knowledge.

I checked out refugee requirements back  in 2010 or so; and at that time there was a list of countries eligible for refugee status in  USA.  Ukraine was not on that list.
However, it  appears that since Russian invasion starting in 2014, Ukraine has been added to the list . . . however I cannot locate any such list.
Further I  had earlier understood that only citizens from countries involved in a declared war (not an undeclared war) could be eligible for refugee status.

Upon checking now, I find that Refugees are those outside USA who wish  to enter USA.  Asylum seekers are already inside USA and want to stay.

For Asylum, the applicant must claim and prove (to satisfaction of USA representative) that they suffer in their home country based on:
Religion
Race
Nationality
Political Opinion
Membership in a particular social group
Torture Convention . . . I didn't know they tortured at some Conventions !!

I understand that many Ukrainians came to USA back during Soviet times and somewhat later claiming Religious persecution.  Jewish and Baptist types I  think.

But I find it hard to believe that many can currently successfully claim that they suffer from Religious persecution in Ukraine now, or really even since collapse of Soviet Union.

And I find it hard to believe that many (or even any) Ukrainians could successfully claim they suffer from any of the other categories.

I do not dispute that Ukrainians have recently come to USA under refugee status and others have stayed under asylum status.

But I don't understand how  they have met the criteria.
Even in an undeclared war, they can move to Western Ukraine.

I do not believe Ukrainians suffer from any of the 6 qualifiers.
An exception would be the torture suffered in Eastern Ukraine, but again that can be resolved by moving to Western Ukraine.

I would be interested in hearing from those truly knowledgeable regarding what criteria is accepted now for those from Ukraine seeking refugee or asylum status.

A beautiful woman is pleasant to look at, but it is easier to live with a pleasant acting one.

Offline Boethius

« Reply #47 on: January 05, 2018, 03:49:15 PM »
Jews were allowed to emigrate to Israel starting in the late 1970's.  Most did not emigrate to Israel, but to Western countries.  Edgar Bronfman was instrumental in getting the USSR to allow Jews to emigrate, and the "official" position was they were emigrating to their homeland.

Baptists were not allowed to emigrate until the late 1980's, and even then, only in very small numbers.
After the fall of communism, the biggest mistake Boris Yeltsin's regime made was not to disband the KGB altogether. Instead it changed its name to the FSB and, to many observers, morphed into a gangster organisation, eventually headed by master criminal Vladimir Putin. - Gerard Batten

Offline alex330

« Reply #48 on: January 05, 2018, 03:56:39 PM »
My wife knows women and men that have applied to asylum once they are already in the US. They arrive on tourist VISA's and then apply for asylum. All the cases my wife is aware of seem to be up in NYC. It requires a law firm that specializes in this. I asked my wife for more details and on which grounds they are accepted but she does not know. We know a woman that tried it in Miami and was denied. She wound up marrying someone here.

If gay from Russia like my link above says you can apply. Not sure the gay excuse even works for Ukrainians? I imagine those in the media in Russia would be given asylum here? Seems they have a high accident rate in Russia.

Looks like religion may still be a viable option in Ukraine. I assume the Jewish community has resources to help those seeking asylum here.

http://www.jpost.com/Opinion/The-hurricane-were-ignoring-Ukrainian-Jews-in-crisis-514564

Offline alex330

« Reply #49 on: January 05, 2018, 04:00:52 PM »
Looks like you can apply if you are gay or a Tatar from Ukraine.

http://www.nolo.com/legal-encyclopedia/can-i-apply-asylum-the-us-if-im-from-ukraine.html

edit - I was thinking of tartar sauce on my fish and chips for dinner.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2018, 04:08:52 PM by alex330 »

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8883
Latest: Leroy14
New This Month: 1
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 541008
Total Topics: 20849
Most Online Today: 2013
Most Online Ever: 12701
(January 14, 2020, 07:04:55 AM)
Users Online
Members: 11
Guests: 1866
Total: 1877

+-Recent Posts

Re: What to do by krimster2
Today at 01:09:03 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Trenchcoat
Today at 12:51:13 PM

Re: What to do by Trenchcoat
Today at 12:33:48 PM

Re: If you don't know what you are talking about, post away anyway by Trenchcoat
Today at 12:24:44 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Today at 11:16:08 AM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by ML
Today at 10:31:43 AM

Re: What to do by krimster2
Today at 09:47:10 AM

What to do by 2tallbill
Today at 09:37:41 AM

Re: If you don't know what you are talking about, post away anyway by 2tallbill
Today at 09:18:17 AM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Today at 07:00:25 AM