It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: 18 month relationship story  (Read 15514 times)

Offline Sting23

• Banned Member
  • Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: None (yet)
Re: 18 month relationship story
« Reply #75 on: April 02, 2018, 06:56:54 AM »
Trench you missed the "irony" hahha

Offline Sting23

• Banned Member
« Reply #76 on: April 02, 2018, 07:10:35 AM »
My brother in law (an american software entrepeneur who had a lot of money) was married to her best friend. 

bjorncode12 welcome! Thanks for sharing.  Just want to ask if he's your brother in law, are you referring to your ex-wife's brother?   Otherwise it would mean he would be married to your sister which he isn't.

Offline jone

• Spouse's Country: Russia
  • Trips: > 10
« Reply #77 on: April 02, 2018, 10:08:32 AM »
With regards to the three points:

1.) yes, I prefer to be anonymous.  I have no interest in anyone knowing who I am.  But from Elena's perspective, she knew, she came to the National Sporting Event, she knew the company I founded, and most importantly she knew my brother in law, and he was a very very successful man who had picked his Russian wife off the street for a second marriage and to this day takes her on five star vacations everywhere in the world.
2.) I took Elena to places that she wanted to go and that were also convenient for me as far as my business was concerned.  I think the unrealistic expectations had less to do with the destination than with the style of travel, the star level of the hotel.
3.) this one I probably could have done better with.  I have been reasonably successful and I have never hesitated to talk about this.  I don't boast exactly, but I know that women are interested in successful men and so of course, I talk about it.

I can tell you that talking about your success in a business career can also set unreasonable expectations.  One thing that I never talked about when I was dating was how much money I had.   My target in dealing with FSU women was to show I was a good provider, nothing more.  If she went hunting beyond that, then she wasn't for me.  (I'm sure that women looked up the community I lived in and other telltale signs to gauge how successful I was or wasn't.  But I was not going to release that information.) 

When women have visited me, here in Los Angeles, we shopped at Whole Foods.  But I make no illusions that I will purchase many things from the 99 Cent Store if it is to my advantage, and would also take them there.  For one, the dichotomy escaped her.  But I know, from talking with my friends who have gone through this, that many FSU women love getting bargains.
Kissing girls is a goodness.  It beats the hell out of card games.  - Robert Heinlein

Offline Sting23

• Banned Member
« Reply #78 on: April 02, 2018, 11:02:36 AM »
Bjorn- one thing you didnt' say was how fluent her English was.  Could it have been a language barrier issue that contributed to the misunderstanding? 

Offline msmob

« Reply #79 on: April 02, 2018, 11:52:37 AM »
:D Appreciate the recommendation Mobers ;D

As sting23 points out .. the irony in my recommendation flew over your head .....

To be fair it sounds like Bjorn had a similar experience to me

Nope, but you just aren't that observant

Offline bjorncode12

« Reply #80 on: April 03, 2018, 06:57:47 PM »
To clarify and respond:

My brother in law was married to Elena's best friend.  That's how I met her.

Elena's english was pretty good.  She was somewhere around very good.  Some would say fluent.  She did not always get the nuance and some words were not in her vocabulary.

Offline Sting23

• Banned Member
« Reply #81 on: April 03, 2018, 09:39:21 PM »
To clarify and respond:

My brother in law was married to Elena's best friend.  That's how I met her.

Elena's english was pretty good.  She was somewhere around very good.  Some would say fluent.  She did not always get the nuance and some words were not in her vocabulary.

I got the part that he was married to the best friend of your Russian girl.   For him to be your brother-in law though, either he was married to your sister at one point or he was the brother of your former wife.   So he technically could be your former brother-in law, anyways no need to explain.

Offline bjorncode12

« Reply #82 on: April 03, 2018, 09:47:58 PM »
Yeah.  Technically he was my former brother in law, but I always considered family to be family and so I still do.

To be clear, I am divorced and i have not interest in being with my ex.  We are friend and I thank god for that, but that is all.

Offline SW6

« Reply #83 on: May 16, 2018, 11:28:11 AM »
I have a similar story with a similar ending. I moved on and found someone new. When I look back I dodged a bullet and she would have never been happy.

Offline Jumper

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
« Reply #84 on: May 17, 2018, 07:38:13 AM »
.  She was scrappy and would do whatever it takes to improve her lot.

You had your answer all along.

It has little to do with her nationality,far more to do with her personality and character.
While you seemed to have made several large mistakes,that would have been an issue for almost anyone, in this case  they really just served you well to show her character.
You dodged a freight train.
Never look back or give her a second thought.

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8883
Latest: Leroy14
New This Month: 1
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 540997
Total Topics: 20849
Most Online Today: 2013
Most Online Ever: 12701
(January 14, 2020, 07:04:55 AM)
Users Online
Members: 10
Guests: 1973
Total: 1983

+-Recent Posts

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Yesterday at 09:20:42 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Infoman
Yesterday at 09:12:54 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Yesterday at 09:02:12 PM

American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Infoman
Yesterday at 08:45:42 PM

Re: What to do by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 07:59:27 PM

Ukrainian refugee working for me now by ML
Yesterday at 07:04:53 PM

Ukrainian refugee working for me now by ML
Yesterday at 06:59:45 PM

Re: What to do by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 06:57:42 PM

Re: If you don't know what you are talking about, post away anyway by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 06:36:52 PM

Re: Twenty Years... and Counting (MarkInTx Update) by supranatural
Yesterday at 03:02:29 PM