It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: U.S. Russia World Hockey Championship semifinals (Canada will play the winner)  (Read 11512 times)

Offline STaty

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: None (yet)
It's just this midget's way of trying to over-compensate for his born deficiencies...

Hi sleepycat! I am not V. V. Putin's fan. And I don't write about him anything (good and bad). Why do you remember V. V. Putin? You are his fan?
Actions speak louder than words

Offline ML

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
  • Trips: > 10
Did anyone see or hear about Russian team walking out when Canada song played after they won?
A beautiful woman is pleasant to look at, but it is easier to live with a pleasant acting one.

Offline onlyFSU4me

• Trips: No Selection
Did anyone see or hear about Russian team walking out when Canada song played after they won?

I found this... http://tass.ru/en/sports/795279

A few of the players stayed on the ice and even tried to stop their teammates from leaving. I commend them for that, but the ones that left showed what kind of immature sore losers they really are. If it was Canadian players who done that I would be embarrassed to say they were representing my country!

Offline onlyFSU4me

:'( :'( :'( :trainwreck:

I tried to warn you and cushion the pain! Will you accept my condolences now?   :D

Congrats to the Canadian men's hockey team for their gold medal win!   :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

Offline jone

• Spouse's Country: Russia
The fact that the Press Secretary claims no knowledge of the early departure is shameful.  He knew.  He just hadn't received instructions on how to respond. 

Absent an apology from the Russian team and by its coaches, who allowed the breach of etiquette, the Russian bear departs with a big black eye. 

Too bad.  They played honorably.  They just couldn't stomach defeat honorably.  It is tough lesson, but I suspect that they will learn it the hard way.
Kissing girls is a goodness.  It beats the hell out of card games.  - Robert Heinlein

Offline The Natural

• Trips: 4 - 10

A few of the players stayed on the ice and even tried to stop their teammates from leaving. I commend them for that, but the ones that left showed what kind of immature sore losers they really are. If it was Canadian players who done that I would be embarrassed to say they were representing my country!

If that happened, it was very wrong of them. That shows that the ones who walked off have not learned sportsmanship, respect or fair play and should be reprimanded along With their trainers/manager.

Congratulations to Canada  :D

Online 2tallbill

• Living the dream
The celebrity seniors Hockey exhibition
« Reply #31 on: May 18, 2015, 11:53:22 AM »
You can watch the game here. Seniors game here. The players must be a 100 years
old and are moving in slow motion. The passes are slower than miniature golf putting.

After picking up a golf club that day for the very first time in his life, the Dear Leader
of the Democratic People's Republic of North Korea fired a 38-under-par round of 34
at Pyongyang. According to the 17 security guards who observed the performance,
the score included an amazing 11 aces (hole in ones). Naturally, the event was
dutifully reported to the North Korean masses by the state news agency.

« Last Edit: May 18, 2015, 11:55:40 AM by 2tallbill »
FSUW are not for entry level daters
FSUW don't do vague
FSUW like a man of action. Be a man of action 
If you find a promising girl, get your butt on a plane.
There are a hundred ways to be successful and a thousand ways to f#ck it up
Just kiss the girl, don't ask her first. Tolerate NO excuses!

Offline Boethius

If it was Canadian players who done that I would be embarrassed to say they were representing my country!

Canadian players would never do that.  They could, however, start a brawl at the whistle.

Walking off the ice in this manner has never occurred in the history of the world championships, and the IIHF has stated some form of punishment will be meted out.
After the fall of communism, the biggest mistake Boris Yeltsin's regime made was not to disband the KGB altogether. Instead it changed its name to the FSB and, to many observers, morphed into a gangster organisation, eventually headed by master criminal Vladimir Putin. - Gerard Batten

Offline Brasscasing

Canadian players would never do that.  They could, however, start a brawl at the whistle.

Walking off the ice in this manner has never occurred in the history of the world championships, and the IIHF has stated some form of punishment will be meted out.

Having just learned of this (I watched the game but left before the final buzzer and turned on the radio without listening to the post game ceremonies) I believe this to be an intentional snub as it's an annual tournament and no team has ever walked off the ice during another country's national anthem before.

Russia has won or placed second in the tourney six times in the last decade and is well aware of protocol.

Ah well, it's just an extension of what's become a tit for tat fight between our two countries. It was probably sanctioned by Putin in retaliation for the diplomatic b*tch slap PM Harper gave him at the G20 summit. :P

...It's gonna be a lovely f*cken war, folks...

Brass
...Build the wall. Even Heaven has a gate...

"Because without America there is no free world" ~ Canada Free Press

Offline STaty

I tried to warn you and cushion the pain! Will you accept my condolences now?   :D

Congrats to the Canadian men's hockey team for their gold medal win!   :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

Hello nlyFSU4me! I congratulate Team Canada to victory. They deserve it! :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

Yes, of course I accept condolences. Russian boys have a lot to learn from Team Canada. I feel sorry for Russian team went out when Canada song played after they won  :(

Offline Larry1

Here is a humorous take on the likely reaction of Russia if Canada had lost and and most of the Canucks had walked out on the Russian national anthem:

The Moscow Times believes it would have been reporting something very similar to what follows.

Russia's Investigative Committee has opened a case into the Canadian national hockey team's early exit from the ice after Russia's 6-1 win in the final of the Ice Hockey World Championship on Sunday, a gesture prosecutors view as inciting hatred against the Russian nation.

Prosecutors claim that Canada's refusal to stay for the Russian anthem constitutes a criminal offense equivalent to the desecration of the national flag. If found guilty of affronting national symbolism, the Canadian squad could be forced to install toilet seats in all KHL rinks across Russia...

But Canada's attempts to downplay the incident have done little to assuage Russia's hurt and anger toward yet another example of the West's blatant disrespect for the country.

Russian officials have drawn parallels between the Canadians' dressing room retreat and the absence of Western leaders at Victory Day celebrations earlier this month, an insult to the Soviet Union's leading role in the defeat of Nazi Germany.

"Those Canadians — like all Westerners, for that matter — just couldn't stand the sight of a Russian victory," Alexei Pushkov, head of the State Duma's Committee on Foreign Affairs, wrote on Twitter. "The West is only satisfied when Russia is on its knees."

This was an interesting touch

After the Russian team realized that the sweet fragrance of maple syrup — and not the habitual musk of damp hockey equipment — was emanating from Team Canada's dressing room, Russian media reports were rife with rumors that the Canadian players were filthy, sugar-loving cheaters.

"Doping is for losers," Russia's Anti-Doping Agency said in a statement following the team's commanding win. "We need to teach our youth that consuming banned sticky substances leads nowhere, as we saw with Team Canada's disastrous loss. Real champions, like our Russian team, don't resort to artificial performance-enhancing substances.
"

The piece goes on. You can read it at this link:

http://www.themoscowtimes.com/news/article/how-russia-would-react-to-canada-hockey-team-slight/521073.html

Offline The Natural

Yes, they did wrong, should know better and deserve some form of punishment.

Incidentally, it is very Clear on here how some can't contain their glee and make a show of their Russia-hate.

Offline Boethius

Who has shown glee?  What I read is shock at an appalling lack of sportsmanship.
After the fall of communism, the biggest mistake Boris Yeltsin's regime made was not to disband the KGB altogether. Instead it changed its name to the FSB and, to many observers, morphed into a gangster organisation, eventually headed by master criminal Vladimir Putin. - Gerard Batten

Offline Noch1

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
Despite all of the political problems.
Russia and Canada have a long and deep,
Connection/rivalry in Hockey.
Love/hate, but there has always been respect.
I have enjoyed this since I was a kid, we won some and we have lost some.
This is sad to see happen. Leave the politics out of sports.
Common sense, Is not so common!

Offline STaty

Despite all of the political problems.
Russia and Canada have a long and deep,
Connection/rivalry in Hockey.
Love/hate, but there has always been respect.
I have enjoyed this since I was a kid, we won some and we have lost some.
This is sad to see happen. Leave the politics out of sports.

Hi. Noch! I agree with you! When I was a child my family   watched the game Canada - the USSR  :popcorn:. It was interesting game, we could not sleep all night long, we supported our team. The team of Canada was the strongest opponent always. Now I am sorry, the policy of the countries destroys sport.

Offline Brasscasing

Russians were fined for skating off the ice...

Russia fined $85,000 for deliberately leaving ice before Canadian anthem at world hockey championship

ZURICH — The Russian Hockey Federation was fined Monday over the national team snubbing Canada’s victory celebrations after the world championship final.

The sport’s governing body, IIHF, said the Russian players deliberately left the ice before Canada’s national anthem was played after a signal from captain Ilya Kovalchuk.

http://news.nationalpost.com/sports/russia-fined-85000-for-deliberately-leaving-ice-before-canadas-anthem-at-world-hockey-championship

...With today's exchange rate that should be around a 100 billion rubles.  ::):D

Brass

...Build the wall. Even Heaven has a gate...

"Because without America there is no free world" ~ Canada Free Press

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8883
Latest: Leroy14
New This Month: 1
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 541004
Total Topics: 20849
Most Online Today: 2013
Most Online Ever: 12701
(January 14, 2020, 07:04:55 AM)
Users Online
Members: 12
Guests: 1888
Total: 1900

+-Recent Posts

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Today at 11:16:08 AM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by ML
Today at 10:31:43 AM

Re: What to do by krimster2
Today at 09:47:10 AM

What to do by 2tallbill
Today at 09:37:41 AM

Re: If you don't know what you are talking about, post away anyway by 2tallbill
Today at 09:18:17 AM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Today at 07:00:25 AM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Brillynt
Today at 06:16:36 AM

Yesterday at 09:20:42 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Infoman
Yesterday at 09:12:54 PM

Yesterday at 09:02:12 PM