It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: Moderator  (Read 17403 times)

« Reply #25 on: August 15, 2005, 03:36:28 AM »
I am not able to ban. I have not sent any request for banning yet.

Offline Admin

• Administrator
  • Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: > 10
« Reply #26 on: August 15, 2005, 10:11:10 AM »
Quote from: BC
Does 'open' include stating whether members have been banned or otherwise asked to leave?

Anyone worn out their welcome so far?

Yes, there have been a few problems that led me to close accounts - and even to ban IP's. Some of those were subtle enough that I doubt if any of the members even noticed their absence (a couple occurred months ago).

In some select instances, I *may* choose to make an announcement, but in the majority, I will simply take whatever steps I believe are necessary to protect the integrity of RWD and her members.

I realize there is an element of 'trust me' involved in this, and it may be that some do not feel comfortable trusting in me to make good judgments. I will just have to live with that. I've outlined my wishes and desires many times now, and hope that it is clear. If not, ask away and I will outline my policies and beliefs and wishes for the board - but I may not divulge my specific actions.

- Dan

Offline KenC

• Trips: No Selection
« Reply #27 on: August 15, 2005, 04:36:22 PM »
Quote from: Michael
Around 50% of the visitor from my site are from USA... some are members here... so, i think that i am at the right place... and European people seem have fewer problems with dating and marry RW that US people... and since several American are not able to understand the French or Dutch language, i post in English... certainly bad english but usualy, people understand me...

What in the hell does that have to do with moderation?  If Jack had made a simlar post, someone would complain that he is promoting his agency.  Why does Bruno get the slack and not Jack?  If Bruno cannot write in understandable English, he should not post.  As it is, his views are usually from left field anyway and of little use to "normal" posters.

KenC
« Last Edit: August 15, 2005, 08:12:00 PM by KenC »
You are a den of vipers and thieves-Andrew Jackson on banks
Banking establishments are more dangerous than standing armies-Thomas Jefferson

Offline BC

• Spouse's Country: Russia
  • Trips: 4 - 10
« Reply #28 on: August 15, 2005, 08:12:44 PM »
Quote from: KenC
What in the hell does that have to do with moderation?  If Jack had made a simlar post, someone would complain that he is promoting his agency.  Why does Bruno get the slack and not Jack?  If Bruno cannot write in understandable English, he should not post.  As it is, his views are usually from left field anyway and of little use to "normal" posters.

Ken,

Mentioning his site Bruno is basically asking for reciprocity. He believes that members here visit his board so why should he not be accepted here because the level of english he writes.

Even though he does not need it here, Bruno would get a little slack (from me) because he is offering his services essentially free. He does not seem to use this board as an advertising platform. He also puts a foot forward and attempts to contribute in a non-commercial fashion in many threads and shares his direct experiences as a RW seeker.

I have little problem at all understanding his English. Sure sometimes takes a couple of times reading through to get the jist but what's your problem? Heck there are some posts here written by Americans that I have to read twice and you seem to 'cut slack'.

This post on topic? Absolutely not, just following suit on the card you placed.

On topic:

Maybe Ken wants to moderate and exclude posters who's first or native language is not Americanized English. I vote no on both counts. FWIW my first language was French.

Offline Bruno

« Reply #29 on: August 15, 2005, 08:18:14 PM »

hi bruno

just to let you know how things went in omsk, very succesful week with *****,had a great romantic week together met all her family ,friends going over again in december then she is coming to the uk in april. i have never been so contended. we both share the same thoughts. ill keep you posted.how are you doing in your relationship? its partly due to your advice you gave me a while ago thanks.

your friend ****

KenC, i don't care about promoting my site... my site is only a tool and if he grow too much, i will not more able to make my main work... try help people to find the hapiness... what all these attack or insult can help people to find the hapiness... you don't like me, it is your right but your are not alone and i don't see why i need to go away because you don't like me... if you cannot accept other meaning on something, what the hell you make on so forum... i have write "accept", not "agree"... accept something is showing "moderation" :P:P:P

Offline KenC

« Reply #30 on: August 15, 2005, 08:31:48 PM »
You Europeans sure like to twist things to fit your little mind's eye concept of things.  The French forum statement was made after Bruno posted entirely in French.  A waste of time and bandwith.  BC attacks Jack for advertising his site when he posts photos of pretty RW (with no mention of his site), but defends Bruno when he goes on about his site (out of context) to the current post.  What would BC think if Jack started to post referrence letters like Bruno just did?  "Twisted" thought process as I said.

KenC

Offline Bruno

« Reply #31 on: August 15, 2005, 08:34:14 PM »
Quote from: BC
Mentioning his site Bruno is basically asking for reciprocity. He believes that members here visit his board so why should he not be accepted here because the level of english he writes.

I don't believe that members from these forum visit my site... too much little communauty... but the link forum on my site lead to here... so, my visitor and "customers" visit RWD when they click on the link forum... in case of women, they are lead to LV magazine and antidate...

About LV and antidate, yes, they have promote my site via suscribe.ru, this allow me to have more russian woman... but i have refuse a reciprocal link on LV... about man, i don't need hunt them, they are coming themself... it is more difficult to find RW that western man...

I am enough "moderate" to keep friendly contact on both side...

OK, now it was my last post on these topic about myself... these who wish speak of my "case" are free to make it but i don't reply anymore... it is a topic about moderation, not about myself...

Offline KenC

« Reply #32 on: August 15, 2005, 08:38:45 PM »
OK, now it was my last post on these topic about myself... these who wish speak of my "case" are free to make it but i don't reply anymore... it is a topic about moderation, not about myself...

Now, after you have taken the thread around and around again, you want to stay on topic?  You're a piece of work.

KenC

Offline Bruno

« Reply #33 on: August 15, 2005, 08:40:17 PM »
 What would BC think if Jack started to post referrence letters like Bruno just did?  "Twisted" thought process as I said.

KenC

I have post one... and she is from a members here... and i have named a other members from RWD...

Jack have post several referrence letter on the forum... KenC, you see only what you wish see... if you wish speak about me, start a new topic about me and write your complain... i will be happy to reply... but for these topic, i say stop...

Offline BC

« Reply #34 on: August 16, 2005, 02:10:54 AM »
You Europeans sure like to twist things to fit your little mind's eye concept of things.

True 'blue' passport holder born in USA here. Go live in 8 different countries over a 40 year span and see how your views may change. Yes, I see some things differently with my 'little mind's eye concept', but that's what forums like these are all about.. discussing different views not whether we should accept them. The point of good moderation is to allow such discourse and not pass out blinders. Initially skeptic about the new mod here I'm pleased with the tolerance shown so far.

Offline Michelangelo

• Opted-Out
  • A man paints with his brains and not with his hand
« Reply #35 on: August 16, 2005, 02:44:01 AM »

OK Michael,

It doesn't matter how many languages I speak, because this forum is in English!  I honestly could not understand what Bruno was trying to say in his post.  Most of the time I can figure it our, but not that time.  

Ken, The quote you reference was very easy to read and understand.  Fundamentally, I'll disagree that we want a "standard English" only forum!  Hell, the US President could not particpate then! :)  Seriously, let's look at content of what people are saying and have an appreciation for different points of view.

Remember the quote "The only thing to fear is fear itself?"  For me, the only thing to fear in this forum is not diverse ideas, but the closing of the mind to different ideas.  We are stronger when we can filter and decide for ourselves.  That is why I appreciate your comments (except the attack ones) as well as everyone else on the board.[/quote]
The greater danger for most of us lies not in setting our aim too high and falling short; but in setting our aim too low, and achieving our mark.  michelangelo

Offline jb

• Trips: > 10
« Reply #36 on: August 16, 2005, 06:34:15 AM »
Michael,

you wrote:
Hell, the US President could not particpate then!

Do I detect a note of Bush-bashing here?

As I've often said about RWs, just because they speak with an accent, you shouldn't make the mistake of believing they think with an accent.  The same thing apples to the President's Texas accent.  He graduated higher in his class at Harvard than John Kerry, the French looking democrat from MA, (who, BTW, served in Vietnam).

For the record, I speak four languages, (five if you count pig latin), English, Spanish, Russian, and very passible cocktail hour Japanese.  Being able to converse in a second language does not denote intelligence, simply exposure to that language.

Offline Michelangelo

• Opted-Out
« Reply #37 on: August 16, 2005, 07:56:12 AM »
Quote from: jb
Hell, the US President could not particpate then!

Do I detect a note of Bush-bashing here?

[/quote]The context is that KenC said if you do not speak standard English, you should not post here.  With my example of President Bush, I was demonstrating that the leader of the "free" world does not use correct grammar.  I was not refering to his accent--that is different than grammar.  And I was not bashing him for rushing into Iraq, and the war that is now only supported by only 37% of the American people.  That topic is for another post, and not in this section on moderating RWD.   In summary, all ideas and spellings and grammar should be welcome here as we share insights into FSU women...
The greater danger for most of us lies not in setting our aim too high and falling short; but in setting our aim too low, and achieving our mark.  michelangelo

Offline KenC

« Reply #38 on: August 16, 2005, 08:24:47 AM »
Michael,

Just tell me where I said anything like:

The context is that KenC said if you do not speak standard English, you should not post here.

I complained about one post by Bruno that was particularly confusing because of his poor English.  I have notice that when Bruno gets excited his English abilities go to hell.  I can remember only one other time when I complained about English abilities and that was when Marc Dayton & Bruno were locked into a heated debate and I couldn't understand either one of them!  And Marc is American!  So get off my back and stop trying to put words into my mouth.  Oh how very PC of you to defend the Europeans.  Why don't you just move there?

KenC

Offline Son of Clyde

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
« Reply #39 on: August 16, 2005, 08:40:27 AM »
You can all rest easy.

I'm not the new Moderator.

I hope the new person does as well and is as fair as Dan has been.

Offline Bruno

« Reply #40 on: August 16, 2005, 09:19:13 AM »
Oh how very PC of you to defend the Europeans.  Why don't you just move there?

KenC

Don't forget that all ( almost ) actual American are child from European who have move to America in the past... in some way, we are brothers !!!

And please, i don't need to be defended... i only wish stop these stupid discussion about language, about european or american superiority, ... all this is BS...

First, we pollute these topic... second,we are far from our common interest : Russian woman...

I remember my "fight" with Mark... he have finish by say that Galina was a hooker :X ... in some way, he was right :?... now, seriously, i have know some discussion with some people but this don't mean that i dissagree with all write these people... these communauty are like a big family and same in the best family, some problem can appear... if we are not able to resolve them, it is better to calm down and forget them...

PEACE ( between us ) AND LOVE ( the russian woman )

Offline Michelangelo

• Opted-Out
« Reply #41 on: August 16, 2005, 09:37:37 AM »
Michael,

I complained about one post by Bruno that was particularly confusing because of his poor English... how very PC of you to defend the Europeans.  Why don't you just move there?

KenC
What a strange and inaccurate post.

I did not put "words in your mouth":shock:

I simply highlighted what YOU wrote and hit the quote feature. Those were your words; I did not type a single character.  I will paste them here for you:
[/font][/i]
Posted: Sat Aug 13th, 2005 01:50 pm      
Bruno,

Your last post was unintelligible.  Can you try again, only in English this time?

KenC

I was not defending Euopeans; I was responding to a nasty and uncalled for attack that was misguided in that you attacked a person and his second language instead of the ideas that we should be focused upon.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2005, 09:44:00 AM by Michelangelo »

Offline Bruno

« Reply #42 on: August 16, 2005, 09:51:40 AM »
Since the moderator cannot edit here, it is maybe time to Dan for move...

Dan, can you remove all my post in these topic... so, it will be already a little more clean...

And i think that it will be a good move from Michael and KenC for ask the same...

It is the administrative section and the topic from the moderator... really the wrong place for these discussion...

Offline KenC

« Reply #43 on: August 16, 2005, 10:27:33 AM »
Michael,

This:

Posted: Sat Aug 13th, 2005 01:50 pm
Bruno,

Your last post was unintelligible. Can you try again, only in English this time?

KenC

Does not equal this:
The context is that KenC said if you do not speak standard English, you should not post here

Maybe it is you that has trouble understanding English?

KenC.[/size][/color][/color][/font]

Offline Michelangelo

• Opted-Out
« Reply #44 on: August 16, 2005, 10:31:36 AM »
I agree that to argue is stupid.  But I think it is the correct place for this discussion, since this is the place to discuss if someone should be allowed to post if their language is not "up to par" by some "members" criteria.  I will not attack, but I will defend and raise issues when they are important..

One last thought, and I am done here with this line of conversation:

I'm a bit scared for these poor future FSU girls who wind up with American husbands who have read this line of reasoning and agree--and are not tolerant of language differences :shock:
« Last Edit: August 16, 2005, 11:36:00 AM by Michelangelo »

Offline Michelangelo

• Opted-Out
« Reply #45 on: August 16, 2005, 10:40:13 AM »
The context is that KenC said if you do not speak standard English, you should not post here

Maybe it is you that has trouble understanding English?

KenC[/color][/color][/font]
[/quote]I think most people here understand the word "context" and what you "meant" by what you said...

One final time--Ideas are what is important.  The surface structure of langauge varies, but the deep structure that is the meaning is what we should focus upon.

Offline KenC

« Reply #46 on: August 16, 2005, 10:47:43 AM »
[user=65]Michael[/user] wrote:
One last thought, and I am done here with this line of conversation:

I'm a bit scared for these poor FSU girls who wind up with American husbands who are not tolerant of language differences :shock:

This is where you are f**ked up.  I was never intollerant to language differences, just asked for clarification because Bruno's English and or typing was so far off on his post.  As for my poor fsu girl, she just celebrated her 6th wedding anniversary to me!  Get back to me when you get that far.

KenC

Offline Michelangelo

• Opted-Out
« Reply #47 on: August 16, 2005, 11:13:06 AM »
I know you are married so I was not speaking of you, but those future marriages.

I offended you, and I am sorry...

Offline Bruno

« Reply #48 on: August 16, 2005, 11:15:43 AM »
Quote from: Moderator
This is a great idea. There was a thread here that started out something like ....First trip was a disaster.  The topic started out fine and was getting interesting and before I  knew it I'm reading about Bill Gates and who started the internet. The topic completly changed and I think what could have been  great thread with lots of info exchanged, turned out to be worthless with usless info.
Topic starter should also take some pride in his topic and participate. Opening topic and then sit back allows others to go in to chatting. This can ruin the topic.[/quote]
Where are you moderator... it is your topic... it is begin turn to the open war... i agree that i have some responsability in the mesh but it seem that i am not able to stop it... maybe it is time that you participate to your own topic and calm down the thing...

It is not a "attack" but only a remimder of your own words... your presence is needed here...

Offline BC

« Reply #49 on: August 16, 2005, 12:01:23 PM »
Jeez Y'all

I did provide the translation quite early on or?

Bruno,

These are grown up guys.. and the mod is probably ROFL as most of us are so don't cry wolf now.. and remember europeans go to bed early LOL

g'night all sweet dreams

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8884
Latest: Eugeneecott
New This Month: 0
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 541377
Total Topics: 20862
Most Online Today: 1400