It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: Mamba.ru advantages and disadvantages  (Read 13290 times)

Offline 2tallbill

• Living the dream
  • Spouse's Country: Russia
  • Trips: > 10
Mamba.ru advantages and disadvantages
« on: July 23, 2015, 01:14:33 PM »
I wanted to start up a thread on Mamba.ru and other sites that don't cater to
the MOB industry.

FSUW are not for entry level daters
FSUW don't do vague
FSUW like a man of action. Be a man of action 
If you find a promising girl, get your butt on a plane.
There are a hundred ways to be successful and a thousand ways to f#ck it up
Just kiss the girl, don't ask her first. Tolerate NO excuses!

Offline jone

Re: Mamba.ru advantages and disadvantages
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2015, 01:41:12 PM »
What would you like to do with this thread?
Kissing girls is a goodness.  It beats the hell out of card games.  - Robert Heinlein

Offline 2tallbill

• Living the dream
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2015, 01:51:35 PM »

Most people on Mamba are looking for locals. Your success rate there isn't going to be good since most women there aren't going to want to locate. There won't be many scammers there except some from Nigeria who will eventually tell you they need help. Bride.ru advertises there and some of the girls on Mamba sign up for Bride.ru and are willing to relocate.

Something like +95% of girls in Russia have never considered marrying a foreign man
and it could be significantly higher. HOWEVER, if a FSUW meets a man and falls in love
then it's quite possible that she would follow him to the ends of the Earth. Who wouldn't
want a big broad net with +95% of the girls in it? rather than a very small net? Some
girls flock to the MOB sites because they have serious flaws that an FSU male will spot in
a nano second, so they move to a MOB site hoping to reel in an unwitting man.

The honest MOB industry in the FSU is on life support and/or dying. The days when a
foreign man with zero interpersonal skills could go to an FSU agency and meet dozens
of smart, educated and, exciting woman is coming to an end. Oh sure you can join a
pay by the letter site and chat with 20 year old models (or their surrogates) and have
a nice little fantasy for a buck a minute.

In the future, if you have a little bit of game and interpersonal skills then you will still
be able to visit the FSU and find an excellent woman, it will be a more traditional dating
situation with an internet component. You find a girl using the internet and ask her to
meet you for tea. If you hit it off then you date her again, if you don't, you ask another
girl for tea.

FSUW don't do vague

Offline 2tallbill

• Living the dream
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2015, 01:54:22 PM »
What would you like to do with this thread?

I think Mamba and Social networking sites is the future for future seekers of girls from
the FSU.

BillyB, gave some dubious advice to a guy in his intro thread and I didn't want to have
the discussion there.
FSUW don't do vague

Offline brownbeard99

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
  • Trips: Resident
« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2015, 07:38:49 PM »
I think Mamba and Social networking sites is the future for future seekers of girls from
the FSU.

BillyB, gave some dubious advice to a guy in his intro thread and I didn't want to have
the discussion there.

I have found some crossover already. I met my dream girl on mamba and later found her on LL. She is also on FB and some networking site for laboratory professionals.  It probably means the girl is legit....

Anyway, I am considering revising my search strategy. In my research, I stumbled across some PUA sites where guys were doing various strategies combining mamba, VK, and some MOB sites. The guys with "game" end up abandoning all the Internet stuff. They claim the women they meet on the street are "way hotter" than the ones they meet online.

Now, granted, most of these guys are just trying to get laid, but quite a few end up marrying a woman they meet or are making plans to return to find a wife after they sew their wild oats.

Offline BillyB

« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2015, 11:25:28 PM »
the discussion there.

Dubious? It's true. Mamba is geared to bring local people together. It's not geared for long distance romance. If a guy writes women overseas, she may initially communicate with him since it could be an intriguing foreigner but she listed herself on Mamba to find a man in her city. Most women overseas a man will write is not looking to relocate elsewhere. A man would need to put in a massive amount of effort to find a few women out of the whole lot.

I posted a thread about my dating experiences and Mamba was the main site I used. I sometimes would set up two dates a day. I once dated 3 RW living out of the same apartment complex. I once happened to be in Vegas the same time another RW was and we agreed to meet. She brought along a friend who happened to be another RW I previously dated. I met visa lottery winners, those who got asylum, tourist visa holders, work travel visas, student visa holders and a few others. I dated women from half the nations of the FSU. A couple of college girls from Russia was going to stay with me on their work travel visas but they decided to stay at their first stop in NY. I owe my robust dating life to Mamba but those RW are living in America in or near my city or they are women who are coming to my city soon and want to hook up with a man during their short stay. Great place to get dates but the key is the man should search local at Mamba, not overseas.

Now if a man was in the FSU and got blown off by his #1 choice or blew her off, Mamba is a great place to get dates in less than a day. I've used the sites to get dates in the FSU at short notice. Although many women in whatever FSU city you're in don't want to relocate, many are interested in dating a foreigner at least once in their life even if they won't have serious intentions with them. Again, Mamba is a great place to get local dates.

It's is possible to find women overseas on Mamba that are willing to relocate. My wife was living in Libya, we met on Mamba, and we got married. Anything is possible but the facts are the facts and Mamba is not an international dating site. My thread below talking about my dating experiences by way of Mamba.

http://www.russianwomendiscussion.com/index.php?topic=11638.0
Fund the audits, spread the word and educate people, write your politicians and other elected officials. Stay active in the fight to save our country. Over 220 generals and admirals say we are in a fight for our survival like no other time since 1776.

Offline 2tallbill

• Living the dream
« Reply #6 on: July 24, 2015, 06:25:42 AM »

Dubious?

Anything is possible but the facts are the facts and Mamba is not an international dating site. My thread below talking about my dating experiences by way of Mamba.

Honest FSU MOB agencies are going the way of the dodo bird, that's the facts.
Expanding your dating pool to 95% of FSUW vs 1% while eliminating most of the
pro-daters of the MOB world makes sense. Those who have no social skills are
doomed, but they usually got chewed up in the MOB world too.

You are promoting the buggy whip/coin operated payphone/VHS tape rental store
model while it's sputtering along destined to be the pet rocks of this decade, pretty
dubious indeed.

FSUW don't do vague

Offline 2tallbill

• Living the dream
« Reply #7 on: July 24, 2015, 06:32:53 AM »

PUA sites where guys were doing various strategies combining mamba, VK, and some MOB sites.

The PUA model might work in the USA but I wouldn't recommend it in the FSU.
A low percentage of Western men use PUA strategies which is probably why
they work in the USA. Most of the FSUM use these strategies which is why they
won't work in the FSU. If they wanted a pickup artist they are literally surrounded
by them already.

FSUW don't do vague

Offline dogspot

• Trips: 4 - 10
« Reply #8 on: July 24, 2015, 08:25:55 AM »
One might argue that meeting someone for international dating on a site geared toward local dating (Mamba) is a good thing as it weeds out many of the pro-daters and the desperate, green card coveting, gold digging parasites on the international sites.

I used Mamba for some time but only went out on one date. I had others lined up but found that my now wife (whom I met on a site called Lavaplace) was the one and didn't consider pursuing any of them. But I had some great correspondence with some ladies, one of whom I know married a foreign man a couple years later and now lives in Germany.

I agree with Billy that the vast majority of the women on Mamba have no interest in leaving their country and found that the idea of a foreign man initially piques the interest of many. "What are you doing on *this* site?" is a common question asked in responses. But they are often intrigued, if anything, that someone from abroad is showing interest in *them*.

My take on it: If I had to do it over again, I would probably use Mamba exclusively based on the response rate and the quality of the responses I received. Plus it is easy to find RW living here in the USA that wouldn't require the expense of flying half way around the world. And from what I remember, Mamba had more women than any of the other sites I visited, so larger pool of women.

Offline Slumba

• Banned Member
  • Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: 1 - 3
« Reply #9 on: July 24, 2015, 10:45:19 AM »

Anyway, I am considering revising my search strategy. In my research, I stumbled across some PUA sites where guys were doing various strategies combining mamba, VK, and some MOB sites. The guys with "game" end up abandoning all the Internet stuff. They claim the women they meet on the street are "way hotter" than the ones they meet online.

I agree with this viewpoint, for the most part.  As well, meeting in real life is actually necessary.  Better to spend the time you would have, looking through many profiles, in learning more about the culture or the language.
Me gusta ir de compras con mi tarjeta verde...

Offline Noch1

« Reply #10 on: July 24, 2015, 10:47:11 AM »
If I were doing this search today, knowing what I know now.
The first place I would start is on Mamba.
I only met a couple off it, but as said above, the quality and amount of responses
makes it worth using. Also agree better odds of not running into scams.
Common sense, Is not so common!

Offline ML

« Reply #11 on: July 24, 2015, 10:55:57 AM »
Also agree better odds of not running into scams.

I have heard this argument many times here.  That using certain websites or approaches minimizes risk of XYZ.

This is totally false.

Most FSUW who are looking for a mate use multiple sources.

The gal you find on site T that you think is more trustworthy is also on scammer site S.

The gal you find while shopping at supermarket in FSU (and thus by common acclaim here is almost a virgin) is also on site S as well as sites A through R.
A beautiful woman is pleasant to look at, but it is easier to live with a pleasant acting one.

Offline Noch1

« Reply #12 on: July 24, 2015, 11:36:33 AM »
Totally false? Hardly.
Yes they are people with scams everywhere.
But sites that are directed to westerners are likely to have more,
than local dating sites. So maybe not 100% accurate, but not totally false.
But with many things, it does depend on the user for results.

Offline 2tallbill

• Living the dream
« Reply #13 on: July 24, 2015, 01:06:06 PM »
I have heard this argument many times here.  That using certain websites or approaches minimizes risk of XYZ.

This is totally false.

Most FSUW who are looking for a mate use multiple sources.

The gal you find on site T that you think is more trustworthy is also on scammer site S.

The gal you find while shopping at supermarket in FSU (and thus by common acclaim here is almost a virgin) is also on site S as well as sites A through R.

You can find a scammer anyplace. However, with Mamba which is nearly free. Anybody
who doesn't upgrade to VIP is an idiot, so it's not totally free but it costs less than my
budget on highlighter pens per year.

You can obviously avoid the pay by the letter scams, because the letters are free.
You can certainly mistakenly (hahaha  ;D ) contact a prostitute or a tranny and 
I've been propositioned by a couple who wanted a nice little three way. There is no
scam free place on this Earth.

However, the sheer numbers of women available on Mamba far exceeds the rest of the
MOB industry websites combined. The cost is incredibly low and the numbers are high
and you will find countless girls who've never been on a MOB site ever. There are crazy
girls on Mamba and there are thieves, drug addicts, and devil worshipers, but there
are lots of good girls too.

Mamba isn't the golden band-aid that will solve everyone's problems. It allows men
to cast a much larger net, but it won't help the chronically inept find a girl, it won't help
the incredibly gullible keep their wallets and it won't let a 60 year old guy meet a
20 year old girl and live happily ever after.

There is no silver bullet or golden band-aid.

FSUW don't do vague

Offline ML

« Reply #14 on: July 24, 2015, 01:37:18 PM »
. . . it won't let a 60 year old guy meet a
20 year old girl and live happily ever after.

OK, so where is the website to achieve this ?
A beautiful woman is pleasant to look at, but it is easier to live with a pleasant acting one.

Offline 2tallbill

• Living the dream
« Reply #15 on: July 24, 2015, 01:46:06 PM »
OK, so where is the website to achieve this ?

Sure, but you gotta be a member of the Saudi Royal family
FSUW don't do vague

Offline Noch1

« Reply #16 on: July 24, 2015, 02:39:41 PM »
Sure, but you gotta be a member of the Saudi Royal family
You said it, more money you have the bigger gap, you can have ;D

Offline Anathema

• Banned Member
  • Trips: No Selection
« Reply #17 on: July 24, 2015, 03:04:22 PM »
Mamba didn't seem like much use to me, even though I did go on a handful of dates with girls from there.  It seems like there's more and more profiles that specifically say "no foreigners" and I would assume that the vast majority of the women on there are not looking for foreigners or want to relocate. 

I think the "sex tourists" use of Mamba has really attached a stigma to foreigners who use it.  Nearly every FSUW I've met in person, including our own abashka, has basically said that Mamba is a joke and that "real" girls avoid it.  It seems like there's a bit of a stigma attached to Mamba.

There are still some good and legitimate "MOB" (I hate that term) sites available and, unlike Mamba, most of the women on these sites are looking for foreigners and are willing to relocate.  If a guy is in country, why write 100 short messages to women on mamba to find a date versus writing 100 women on, say, LL or EM, other than Mamba is free?

Offline Noch1

« Reply #18 on: July 24, 2015, 03:12:08 PM »
There are millions on Mamba, I am sure there are some real girls their.
It is different and the approach must be different.

If one is searching, one should use every tool available IMO.
Any good site is worth the effort.

Offline Anathema

• Banned Member
  • Trips: No Selection
« Reply #19 on: July 24, 2015, 03:16:33 PM »
Oh I agree.  Add Mamba to your tool bag by all means.  There's no reason not to.  I just meant I would use it as a supplement versus relying on it solely, for the reasons stated.

Also, my sample size is insignificant and there are obviously guys, like Bill, that have done very well with Mamba.  I was just giving my experience using it on the ground over the last 6 months or so.

Offline Anotherkiwi

• Trips: 1 - 3
« Reply #20 on: July 24, 2015, 07:59:07 PM »
Mamba...won't let a 60 53 year old guy meet a 20-something year old girl and live happily ever after.

For that, you just have to be Tom Cruise ...

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-3171345/Tom-Cruise-53-looks-handsome-blue-suit-Vienna-s-claimed-propose-assistant-Emily-Thomas-22.html

Offline BillyB

« Reply #21 on: July 24, 2015, 09:29:10 PM »
model while it's sputtering along destined to be the pet rocks of this decade, pretty
dubious indeed.

I don't promote any of the pay to play sites. Quote me instead of assuming. I always recommend free sites such as Mamba and low cost sites that get a guy direct contact with the ladies quickly if not instantly without a middle man interfering. I have nothing against sites that provide more service if that is what a guy needs.

I don't know why you're upset at me stating a fact that most women on Mamba are looking for local boys. I've probably dated more FSU women than anybody here and found my wife which led to the most read thread on FSU women forums thanks to Mamba but it is what it is. If a man chooses solely to find a woman overseas through Mamba, he may get a date or two and after months of communication leading to a first date overseas, I would have 50 dates to his one. Of course Mamba is only good for dating FSU women at home if there is a large FSU community based in his city. If a man chooses to use Mamba to find local women where he lives and where he visits, it is very possible for him to line up dates in less than 24 hours, but if he wants to use the site to find women to relocate, he will fight an uphill battle.
Fund the audits, spread the word and educate people, write your politicians and other elected officials. Stay active in the fight to save our country. Over 220 generals and admirals say we are in a fight for our survival like no other time since 1776.

Offline 2tallbill

• Living the dream
« Reply #22 on: July 25, 2015, 11:13:03 AM »
I don't promote any of the pay to play sites. Quote me instead of assuming.

Where did I say you promote pay to play sites? Quote me instead of assuming or
projecting.

I said that the honest MOB sites are going the way of the dodo bird (that means
they are going extinct) and you are promoting a model that will be extinct soon.
I have the entire quote below.

I don't know why you're upset at me stating a fact that most women on Mamba are looking for local boys.

I'm not upset. Upset is a feeling. I agree that most women on Mamba are looking
for local men. I'm not sure how you read what I wrote and decided I was upset.

While I agree that most women on Mamba are looking for local men, many will
hop at an opportunity to meet a foreign man with sincere intentions. You see
I wasn't upset which is an emotional response. It's just that you are factually
wrong about it being an uphill battle.

he will fight an uphill battle.

Here is where you are giving dubious* advice. Apart from any kind of international
marriage being an uphill battle, this is where you are wrong. A guy who uses Mamba
upfront states his goals on his profile as to one leading to marriage. As you meet girls
you restate your goals and make it clear upfront what you are trying to accomplish. 

The uphill battle doesn't exist because the girls who aren't interested don't meet
the guy, if they do they get eliminated fairly quick. You see nobodies upset, your
assumptions were wrong, as was your advice.

Udachi!

Bill

* dubious
ˈd(y)o͞obēəs
adjective
2. not to be relied upon; suspect.
"extremely dubious assumptions"
synonyms:   suspicious, suspect, untrustworthy, unreliable, questionable

My actual quote where Billy started inventing stuff in his head

Honest FSU MOB agencies are going the way of the dodo bird, that's the facts.
Expanding your dating pool to 95% of FSUW vs 1% while eliminating most of the
pro-daters of the MOB world makes sense. Those who have no social skills are
doomed, but they usually got chewed up in the MOB world too.

dubious indeed.
FSUW don't do vague

Offline BillyB

« Reply #23 on: July 25, 2015, 02:37:23 PM »
Where did I say you promote pay to play sites? Quote me instead of assuming or
projecting.

Did you see? I did quote you. What do you think when you said I promote coin operated/rental store means to you when it comes to agencies? It's not a one time purchase or free site so it's called pay to play.

It's just that you are factually wrong about it being an uphill battle.

Over 95% of the women a guy writes to on Mamba outside this country will not want to relocated. He will be wasting a massive amount of time using a dating site for locals as an international marriage site. It can be done but a guy has only so much time to write ladies. It's best he focus his energy where 100% of the women are willing to relocate.

My actual quote where Billy started inventing stuff in his head

You are upset. You started a whole thread based off something I said elsewhere.

Offline 2tallbill

• Living the dream
« Reply #24 on: July 25, 2015, 02:49:33 PM »

Did you see? I did quote you. What do you think when you said I promote coin operated/rental store means to you when it comes to agencies? It's not a one time purchase or free site so it's called pay to play.

Over 95% of the women a guy writes to on Mamba outside this country will not want to relocated. He will be wasting a massive amount of time using a dating site for locals as an international marriage site. It can be done but a guy has only so much time to write ladies. It's best he focus his energy where 100% of the women are willing to relocate.

You are upset. You started a whole thread based off something I said elsewhere.

Billy your narcissism is becoming legendary. Slow down, clear your head and think.

I started this thread here because you give stupid advice or make stupid arguments
in other peoples threads.

Also, I haven't seen a dedicated Mamba thread, so I killed two birds with one stone. I
will start another thread about yellow flowers because you started an argument which
you are also wrong about in a sticky thread.

So lets review.

1. You give stupid advice or start arguments in other peoples threads or sticky threads.
2. You use emotion and project your feelings instead of using logic.
3. You think I'm upset, which is silly because I'm not. I'm simply taking you and your
dubious advice and arguments to another place so as to not clutter up other threads.

Now if you need me to explain any of those points we should do that now rather than
later.

I will wait to see if you understand them.

Udachi!

Bill
FSUW don't do vague

Offline BillyB

« Reply #25 on: July 25, 2015, 03:01:34 PM »

Nobody else has a problem with me stating Mamba is geared for dating locals which is a fact that you say is my stupid advice. If you're getting worked over based on something simple I said about Mamba, spend more time with your wife than at the forum. You can thank me later.

Offline 2tallbill

• Living the dream
« Reply #26 on: July 25, 2015, 05:08:38 PM »
Nobody else has a problem with me stating Mamba is geared for dating locals which is a fact that you say is my stupid advice.

Nope and your are still having difficulty understanding a very very simple concept.
I agree that Mamba is geared for dating locals. I've said that 3 times now. Three
times is more than enough patience for such a very very simple concept. I've told
you what I disagree with.

Do I really need to explain it for a third time? Here is where you were wrong
for the third time.

but if he wants to use the site to find women to relocate, he will fight an uphill battle.

If you're getting worked overup based on something simple I said about Mamba, spend more time with your wife than at the forum. You can thank me later.

Maybe you should spend more time with your wife than giving dubious advice to Newbies
then getting completely mixed up when called on it. I won't be explaining things to you a
4th time. Your inability to understand simple written concepts has exceeded my patience
to explain them to you.

Udachi!

Bill

FSUW don't do vague

Offline BillyB

« Reply #27 on: July 25, 2015, 05:53:57 PM »
Maybe you should spend more time with your wife than giving dubious advice to Newbies
then getting completely mixed up when called on it.

Yup, you called me on dubious advice. I would have ruined many men's romantic lives if you weren't around to save them. You also let the world know I give stupid advice and I'm a narcissist. You must think everybody is too stupid to judge for themselves what they're reading and the posters they're dealing with. How about letting people read and judge for themselves? They don't need you to translate. My wife's on vacation. Regardless whether she's here or not, I post happy. Although you're occupied with saving the world from me, you're not in a happy place. Get there. Go to your wife, give her a hug and tell her it's better to be with her than that stupid BillyB character on the internet. Do it. You can thank me later.

Offline msmobyone

• patriotism is the last vestige of fools, but hey
« Reply #28 on: August 11, 2015, 04:26:48 PM »

Dubious? It's true. Mamba is geared to bring local people together. It's not geared for long distance romance. If a guy writes women overseas, she may initially communicate with him since it could be an intriguing foreigner but she listed herself on Mamba to find a man in her city. Most women overseas a man will write is not looking to relocate elsewhere. A man would need to put in a massive amount of effort to find a few women out of the whole lot.

BillyB

I found SC on a fdating profile - which she hadn't logged into for over a year - so knew it was useless writing there.

I found her on mamba and the rest is history....

YES, she was intrigued and dubious - initially - but that's down to the bloke to change her mind.

There's no right / wrong way and Beel and I do not always agree, but he was bang on here....

A dating site is only as good as the success you might have ... there's certainly no need to 'fall out' over a differing opinion... ;D

Please excuse the Curmudgeon in my posts ..he will be cured by being reunited with his loved one ;)

Offline BillyB

« Reply #29 on: August 11, 2015, 06:01:51 PM »
there's certainly no need to 'fall out' over a differing opinion... ;D

Bill has a fall out with most things I write, not just in this thread. Me? I sleep good at night.

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8884
Latest: Eugeneecott
New This Month: 0
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 541387
Total Topics: 20862
Most Online Today: 3932
Most Online Ever: 12701
(January 14, 2020, 07:04:55 AM)
Users Online
Members: 10
Guests: 2810
Total: 2820

+-Recent Posts

Re: The Struggle For Ukraine by krimster2
Today at 07:36:35 AM

Re: Navigating the longest story ever told by Stirlitz
Today at 02:18:56 AM

Re: The Struggle For Ukraine - Senate just passed the Bill! by Stirlitz
Today at 02:12:24 AM

Re: The Struggle For Ukraine - Senate just passed the Bill! by Trenchcoat
Today at 01:56:55 AM

Re: The Struggle For Ukraine - Senate just passed the Bill! by krimster2
Yesterday at 07:07:31 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Yesterday at 11:31:49 AM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Manny
Yesterday at 11:07:15 AM

Re: international travel by krimster2
Yesterday at 09:50:04 AM

Re: international travel by 2tallbill
Yesterday at 08:20:37 AM

Re: Trippin........... by 2tallbill
Yesterday at 08:06:00 AM