It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: Why go to her place .....  (Read 2493 times)

Offline jone

• Spouse's Country: Russia
  • Trips: > 10
Why go to her place .....
« on: July 25, 2019, 05:00:40 PM »
I was reading, on another forum, today of the number of men that are getting ripped off by dates that never show up for a planned mutual getaway. 

It is important to understand that women do not hop on a plane to meet you somewhere simply because you've had a couple of Skype calls. 

A true Eastern European lady (worth knowing) will always need to meet you within a reasonable distance to her home.   There are both safety factors and traditional factors that require that you meet first in her country.   

So what type of woman would be willing to hop on the plane and go with you to, say, the Dominican Republic (a popular destination).  Well, the first would be a common prostitute.   Her job is to get as much of your money as is possible.   Doesn't care how she does it.

The second type would be a pro-dater.   We've come to know a great number of these from stories on the forum.   You meet them, they demand separate beds, etc.   Then they proceed to shame you into buying things for them, clothes, jewelry, various club outtings.   If they know an area well enough, they'll tramp you through into a VIP room whereby the restaurant or club charges you outrageous fees only to split it with the woman when you are not present.  (Beware the bathroom break.)

But the third type is the proverbial no-show.   She will try and get you to pay for plane tickets through her travel agent (the best deals!).   She will need money to get her passport/visa/luggage/travel clothes.   Then, of course, she never shows up.   And when you try to contact her, she will never be there to pick up the phone.

When you travel to a woman's home, she has less ability to fleece you until you are there.  Oh, she can tell you to stay at 'her' motel or use 'her' taxi.  But ultimately, those are all things you can counter.   

Protect yourself.  Go to her place first.

Kissing girls is a goodness.  It beats the hell out of card games.  - Robert Heinlein

Offline Omega82

• Trips: None (yet)
Re: Why go to her place .....
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2019, 06:40:02 PM »
Makes sense, but what if the woman is from Central Asia or Venezuela and you don't feel comfortable going there. 

Offline LiveFromUkraine

• Trips: None (yet)
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2019, 06:52:40 PM »
I don't think these men are really looking for wives or even relationships past these "love" trips.

Offline jone

« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2019, 06:57:06 PM »
Makes sense, but what if the woman is from Central Asia or Venezuela and you don't feel comfortable going there.

I can't speak for others, but if I were soliciting a woman from Venezuela, I'd be very suspicious about her motives.   Any port in a storm, etc.  What happens when she is secure from all the sh&t going on?  Obviously, you have to meet her in a less oppressive setting.   Maybe across the border, if she can make it out. 

"Please, please, send me money to bribe the border guards.   Oh!  You're my hero!" (Sucker.)
Kissing girls is a goodness.  It beats the hell out of card games.  - Robert Heinlein

Offline jone

« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2019, 07:06:42 PM »
One of the biggest cons in Eastern Europe right now is coming out of Donetsk.   Beautiful woman.   Typically with a child.  Sends a plea for help.   Be my knight in shining armor!

Oh, I want to meet you so badly.   But for me to go to <NAME OF CITY> I will have to make it past the border.  Obviously, Western men don't particularly want to go to Donetsk.   

Were it me, I would want to check the bus and train routes in advance and let her know immediately that you know how much it costs to go to, say, Rostov.  801 Rubles (around 30 bucks US) and 3.5 hours in bus.   No significant obstructions from making it across the border between Donetsk and Rostov.  Again, tell the woman, if you are in contact with one, that you must see her in video before any meet.

The biggest thing to remember is that you're travelling 2000 to 5000 miles to meet this woman.   She might be taking a short bus ride.  Because the commitment of the man is SO large, the women know that they can take advantage of this.  Imagine, you're together and she starts acting up, wanting you to buy stuff for her.  What are you gonna do?   Throw her to the curb when you've just flown 18 hours to be with her?

A true Eastern European woman not out to fleece you will bend over backwards to see that you are not inconvenienced and are not out any unnecessary expenses.

Offline ML

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2019, 02:21:22 PM »

A true Eastern European woman not out to fleece you will bend over backwards to see that you are not inconvenienced and are not out any unnecessary expenses.

Who wants a woman that bends over backwards?
A beautiful woman is pleasant to look at, but it is easier to live with a pleasant acting one.

Offline jone

« Reply #6 on: July 27, 2019, 02:35:41 PM »
ML,

These posts sure support your WMVM approach.

Offline CaptB

• Trips: 4 - 10
« Reply #7 on: July 27, 2019, 06:49:45 PM »
With out exception .....I visited all of the women I met in Russia............."in their home town". If she is not a "pro-dater or looking for a free vacation....and is serious about finding a "partner"......she will agree. If you meet with her on "vacation" (not in her city) you will miss a lot of things about her that you will not get.....on vacation. You will miss meeting her friends and family and what they are like. You will miss having to witness how those folks regard........"her". If she has a hidden boyfriend......she probably would not like you visiting her city.

When visiting my wife for the first time......I met her relatives....friends....and coworkers. All of these folks regarded my (future) wife very highly. All told me I was "lucky" that she had an interest in me. I was there three weeks......and we made two mini-vacations (over nights) when it was obvious that we hit-it-off.

A vacation (first visit) may show that you have some interest in each other. Visiting her in her element first.....can teach you much more about her.

Capt B
"A Yooper in Moscovia"

Offline msmob

« Reply #8 on: July 27, 2019, 10:08:47 PM »

A true Eastern European lady (worth knowing) will always need to meet you within a reasonable distance to her home.   There are both safety factors and traditional factors that require that you meet first in her country.   

Protect yourself.  Go to her place first.

I'd agree that - in nortmal circumstances - going to her place fist makes sense.. for the reasons Jone lists..

I lived on a Mediterranean island and wanted to meet a Siberian Lady... Divored a year previously, she had never met a day prepared to fly to the middle of Russia - inviting her to come to Moscow - 'for a few days' whilst on a VM trip .. 'no thanks '...

Why go to Siberia in December, when we were having a heat wave ?

She came to the island and I went to meet her family in Feb ..

It is a good rule, but there are exceptions ..  I knew she would come .. she stayed at my place and her safety was ensured as she and her Mum had the numbers for 3 Russians living on the island...   and a local sim -with internet - to call back home to her Ma and son ..

She became my wife... she is a true E.European lady - even if not my wife, now..

Online 2tallbill

• Living the dream
« Reply #9 on: July 28, 2019, 11:56:05 AM »
Who wants a woman that bends over backwards?

Every man should have one bendy girl experience before getting married for good.

Don't look at this link
http://media.giphy.com/media/oJgxxj8WJZW3S/giphy.gif
« Last Edit: July 28, 2019, 12:18:43 PM by 2tallbill »
FSUW are not for entry level daters
FSUW don't do vague
FSUW like a man of action. Be a man of action 
If you find a promising girl, get your butt on a plane.
There are a hundred ways to be successful and a thousand ways to f#ck it up
Just kiss the girl, don't ask her first. Tolerate NO excuses!

Offline jone

« Reply #10 on: July 28, 2019, 12:01:15 PM »
« Last Edit: July 28, 2019, 12:17:10 PM by jone »

Online 2tallbill

• Living the dream
« Reply #11 on: July 28, 2019, 12:25:43 PM »
A true Eastern European lady (worth knowing) will always need to meet you within a
reasonable distance to her home.   There are both safety factors and traditional factors
that require that you meet first in her country.   

There are two types of Girls in the FSU, Good Girls  (GG) and everyone else (EE).

A good girl will find a way. If the cell phone reception is bad she will fabricate
an antennae from a coat hanger and hold it out the window with her toes in
a snow storm and act as if nothing is wrong.

Everyone else EE will need a new phone

A Good girl will get the guards drunk and crawl under razor wire to be with you.

Above everything you want a Good Girl !!!

EE will have excuses, road blocks, problems, delays, etc.

Dump Everyone Else! only pursue good girls.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2019, 12:29:23 PM by 2tallbill »
FSUW don't do vague

Online 2tallbill

• Living the dream
« Reply #12 on: July 28, 2019, 12:41:25 PM »
Bill's piece of friendly advice #47 & #48

47 Avoid desperate girls. They are desperate and tend to act desperately.
When they are not desperate they will act normally (for them) and it won't
include you.

48. Damsels in Distress: I understand wanting to help people especially
women who are in desperate situations. If you want to do this then do it
but keep romance completely out of it. Desperation and Romance don't
mix.

« Last Edit: July 28, 2019, 12:45:10 PM by 2tallbill »
FSUW don't do vague

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8883
Latest: Leroy14
New This Month: 1
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 540998
Total Topics: 20849
Most Online Today: 2013
Most Online Ever: 12701
(January 14, 2020, 07:04:55 AM)
Users Online
Members: 10
Guests: 1970
Total: 1980

+-Recent Posts

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Brillynt
Today at 06:16:36 AM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Yesterday at 09:20:42 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Infoman
Yesterday at 09:12:54 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Yesterday at 09:02:12 PM

American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Infoman
Yesterday at 08:45:42 PM

Re: What to do by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 07:59:27 PM

Ukrainian refugee working for me now by ML
Yesterday at 07:04:53 PM

Ukrainian refugee working for me now by ML
Yesterday at 06:59:45 PM

Re: What to do by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 06:57:42 PM

Re: If you don't know what you are talking about, post away anyway by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 06:36:52 PM