It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: Am I being scammed?  (Read 7420 times)

Offline MikeTO

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: None (yet)
Am I being scammed?
« on: November 30, 2016, 03:19:34 PM »
I have been emailing this Russian woman.  She is not the first.  Apparently my email is on list dating agency called Lonely Hearts.  I was told they pay for the email.
When I ask her questions I do not get any direct answers.
She claims she is emailing at her workplace.  She wants my phone number but I can't call her because her phone doesn't accept international calls?  She did give me a number but what's the point?   She can't speak English and I can't speak Russian so I don't know why she wants to call me?
She sends pictures with every email.  She hasn't talked about money.  It has been only been about a week now. 

Online Hammer2722

• Spouse's Country: Belarus
  • Trips: 4 - 10
Re: Am I being scammed?
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2016, 03:27:29 PM »
If she speaks no English then why bother at all? Look for women who can converse in English on the pay per month websites. Stay away from pay per credit or pay per chat sites.
every ship can be a minesweeper at least once...

Offline BillyB

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
  • Trips: > 10
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2016, 05:28:18 PM »
I have been emailing this Russian woman.  She is not the first.  Apparently my email is on list dating agency called Lonely Hearts.  I was told they pay for the email.

Based on their address, they are AFA(A Foreign Affair). It's a large agency this forum doesn't recommend.

Either your questions are weird or she doesn't care about you enough to answer them but if your questions are weird, why would she offer a phone number to a weirdo?

She wants my phone number but I can't call her because her phone doesn't accept international calls?  She did give me a number but what's the point?   She can't speak English and I can't speak Russian so I don't know why she wants to call me?
She sends pictures with every email.  She hasn't talked about money.  It has been only been about a week now. 

I've received calls from Nigeria scammers. I don't know why her phone number doesn't accept international calls. You're the one paying for it. Try to call it to see if it works. Probably a bogus phone number. Suggest Skype on computer or phone or Viber for communications on phone.

Don't waste your life expecting this to work out. Keep contacting other women. Welcome to the forum.
Fund the audits, spread the word and educate people, write your politicians and other elected officials. Stay active in the fight to save our country. Over 220 generals and admirals say we are in a fight for our survival like no other time since 1776.

Offline MikeTO

« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2016, 05:51:53 PM »
Why would I be paying for calls she made?

I asked simple questions so I don't know.  I think it's a cut and paste thing?  She did type my name though.

I just called a guy answered.  Well she is definetely lying because she claim she lives alone in apartment.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2016, 06:03:36 PM by MikeTO »

Offline BillyB

« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2016, 06:20:20 PM »
Why would I be paying for calls she made?

She said her phone doesn't accept international calls. I don't see why not because you'd be paying for it if you made the call.

I just called a guy answered.  Well she is definetely lying because she claim she lives alone in apartment.

Bogus phone number. Don't spend anymore money trading love letters with this lady/man. Use one of the recommended sites here to decrease your chances of being played.
Fund the audits, spread the word and educate people, write your politicians and other elected officials. Stay active in the fight to save our country. Over 220 generals and admirals say we are in a fight for our survival like no other time since 1776.

Offline ML

« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2016, 07:38:12 PM »
I just called a guy answered.  Well she is definitely lying because she claims she lives alone in apartment.

It was only the pool boy.
A beautiful woman is pleasant to look at, but it is easier to live with a pleasant acting one.

Offline MikeTO

« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2016, 10:26:56 PM »
She said her phone doesn't accept international calls. I don't see why not because you'd be paying for it if you made the call.

Bogus phone number. Don't spend anymore money trading love letters with this lady/man. Use one of the recommended sites here to decrease your chances of being played.
I'm going to tell her or him I'm a transman.

Offline msmob

• Spouse's Country: Russia
« Reply #7 on: December 01, 2016, 06:56:51 AM »
Sorry, but if you are using a pay by letter format site.. and you are interested in her - it's time to get a Russian speaker to call the number you called...if you want to proceed

Could the lady have a teenage son ?

Online Faux Pas

• Trips: No Selection
« Reply #8 on: December 01, 2016, 07:09:26 AM »
She claims she is emailing at her workplace.  She wants my phone number but I can't call her because her phone doesn't accept international calls?  She did give me a number but what's the point?   She can't speak English and I can't speak Russian so I don't know why she wants to call me?

It's only been a week but chances are great this one is a scammer. You can do better. Any sincere woman will be asking you questions and responding to yours

Offline MikeTO

« Reply #9 on: December 01, 2016, 08:44:07 AM »
It's only been a week but chances are great this one is a scammer. You can do better. Any sincere woman will be asking you questions and responding to yours

This person is obviously    isn't even reading what I wrote.  I offered money and didn't even reply to it.  Either this person is dumb or just cut and pasting text.

Now the pics are getting sexual in nature. LOL  This is so typical.  I'm going to let this person waste his time and try to call me. lol

http://imgur.com/a/wrde7
« Last Edit: December 01, 2016, 08:51:20 AM by MikeTO »

Offline BillyB

« Reply #10 on: December 01, 2016, 09:21:56 AM »
Could the lady have a teenage son ?

You're married. Besides, you're supposed to ask if she's got a sister, not a son.

Now the pics are getting sexual in nature.

Trying to get you to think with your little head.

Offline msmob

« Reply #11 on: December 01, 2016, 09:53:01 AM »
You're married. Besides, you're supposed to ask if she's got a sister, not a son.

Trying to get you to think with your little head.

Sorry, my big head read the OP said a guy answered the phone..

As the pictures have gone sexual - I'm afraid any chance she was genuine went west.

Offline ML

« Reply #12 on: December 01, 2016, 12:32:12 PM »
  I'm going to let this person waste his time and try to call me.

So you want to hear from a man?

This isn't THAT kind of forum.
A beautiful woman is pleasant to look at, but it is easier to live with a pleasant acting one.

Online Faux Pas

• Trips: No Selection
« Reply #13 on: December 01, 2016, 01:54:53 PM »
This person is obviously    isn't even reading what I wrote.  I offered money and didn't even reply to it.  Either this person is dumb or just cut and pasting text.

Now the pics are getting sexual in nature. LOL  This is so typical.  I'm going to let this person waste his time and try to call me. lol

http://imgur.com/a/wrde7

The way it works with many of these scammers is, you were probably 1 of 100 or more that got that same email and pics. They don't pay attention much to your email to her/He but just have your email address in a specialty email client for mass communication.

My advice is just stop with this charade and move on to a serious woman. You can't win in that game you are playing

Offline MikeTO

« Reply #14 on: December 01, 2016, 02:19:03 PM »
So you want to hear from a man?

This isn't THAT kind of forum.

I'm going to write a batch file to format his computer. I have to find a way to for him to click on it.  hehehe

Offline BillyB

« Reply #15 on: December 01, 2016, 02:31:47 PM »
I'm going to write a batch file to format his computer. I have to find a way to for him to click on it.  hehehe

Obviously he likes money so tell him to click the link to read the instructions on how to pick up some money.

Online 2tallbill

• Living the dream
Am I being scammed?
« Reply #16 on: December 01, 2016, 03:15:03 PM »
This is so typical.  I'm going to let this person waste his time and try to call me. lol

I recommend that you don't. What you are doing is offering scammer school lessons.
You figured them out, no need to let them learn and make adjustments for the
next rube that comes along. Dump them, delete them, move on and don't look
back.

Here is a thread about how to get started

http://www.russianwomendiscussion.com/index.php?topic=14615.0

Then download and read the free ebook here
http://www.russianwomendiscussion.com/index.php?action=ezportal;sa=page;p=47

You can read my trip report here
http://www.russianwomendiscussion.com/index.php?topic=3432.0

Udachi!

Bill
FSUW are not for entry level daters
FSUW don't do vague
FSUW like a man of action. Be a man of action 
If you find a promising girl, get your butt on a plane.
There are a hundred ways to be successful and a thousand ways to f#ck it up
Just kiss the girl, don't ask her first. Tolerate NO excuses!

Offline MikeTO

« Reply #17 on: December 10, 2016, 02:37:53 AM »
This guy isn't giving up he sent a video of her. lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yf4Ntl9iXig&feature=youtu.be

Offline Bounder

« Reply #18 on: December 10, 2016, 02:56:49 PM »
This guy isn't giving up he sent a video of her. lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yf4Ntl9iXig&feature=youtu.be

Did you ask him if he's a virgin? :rolleyes2:  Sorry, I couldn't resist.

Offline MikeTO

« Reply #19 on: December 11, 2016, 02:14:27 AM »
Did you ask him if he's a virgin? :rolleyes2:  Sorry, I couldn't resist.

I told the guy unless he's willing to get on skype not to bother me.  I might send him a transgender pic for scare him off.

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
« Reply #20 on: December 11, 2016, 08:40:44 AM »
Mike, I agree with 2tallbill & Faux Pas. All the time you are messing around with this person you are wasting time you could be looking for a real woman - you need all the time & energy you can get in that search as it ain't easy. Don't waste that time and energy on this person/scammer who appears to be of basic scamming ability at best, try and find a fruitful relationship. Scammers are out there, some are more advanced at it than others but most will show their hand after a short while. For example I got messaging with a girl on Mamba, a free foreign dating website, the girl from Ukraine wanted to move over to a PPL (pay per letter) site after a few messages. Excuse her laptop broke or something and this agency would let her communicate for free (not me though). I just moved on, I was not getting drawn into that scam.

Scammers like the above will send to many, many scammers will not know who you even are they just send out to loads. Don't take it personally, its just junk mail we all have to put up with, its worthless. Incidentally, some of those scammers that are actually women are interested in finding someone, its just that they see the £ or $ sign first and ironically don't realise they are doing their own chances in by wasting time in wasting guys time trying to get some money out of them when they could be spent finding someone, like you are with this person, but then Ukraine and to some extent Russia are miserably poor for most of their citizens.
"If you make your own bread, then and only then, are you a free man unchained and alive living in pooty tang paradise, or say no and live in Incel island with all the others." - Krimster

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8883
Latest: Leroy14
New This Month: 1
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 540999
Total Topics: 20849
Most Online Today: 2013
Most Online Ever: 12701
(January 14, 2020, 07:04:55 AM)
Users Online
Members: 11
Guests: 1885
Total: 1896

+-Recent Posts

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Today at 07:00:25 AM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Brillynt
Today at 06:16:36 AM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Yesterday at 09:20:42 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Infoman
Yesterday at 09:12:54 PM

Yesterday at 09:02:12 PM

American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Infoman
Yesterday at 08:45:42 PM

Re: What to do by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 07:59:27 PM

Ukrainian refugee working for me now by ML
Yesterday at 07:04:53 PM

Ukrainian refugee working for me now by ML
Yesterday at 06:59:45 PM

Re: What to do by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 06:57:42 PM