It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: Vaccines for Travelling Abroad  (Read 52495 times)

Offline BC

• Spouse's Country: Russia
  • Trips: 4 - 10
Re: Vaccines for Travelling Abroad
« Reply #225 on: September 20, 2021, 02:48:22 PM »

We can agree to disagree on this, BC. IMO this is largely why there's still a steady stream of infection. I think it sends the wrong message because at best, *low transmissivity* of those vaccinated is highly speculative if not totally faux science. I mean how would anyone know who is transmitting the virus? Politics and the media would like the public to believe *this is all happening just on the unvaccinated*. Even just on the face of this, that just borders on BS. Personally, beyond my brother (who was fully vaccinated) gifting me with COVID (he showed symptoms - blamed it on allergy), there had been multiple local news here about vaccinated super spreader cases. Yet, coverage of it is literally non-existent.

As an unknown factor, we're only exchanging differing expectations.  We can both agree to 'We don't know how effective or not vaccines are with transmission.' and that's quite ok.

I would be cautious making such absolute statement. We really do not know this. Even Italy locked down fairly tight last year only to experience the same surges. As for masking, while it may offer 'some' protection, I'm not sure it is as helpful as media would like for all of us/you to believe. After all, even CDC/Fauci once deemed the types of masks most wear today gives little to no protection.

Indeed, the surges with many hospitalizations, loaded ICU's and large numbers of death were very present, until vaccines came about.  I believe masks help, but that again is an unquantifiable value.  Whatever it is that Italy is doing seems to be working very well, with similar experiences in other countries that are doing much the same. At least that is known.

I no longer pay attention to either sides of argument about this anymore. Not in a while now. I just simply look at the prevailing numbers being reported.

Yeah, I'm getting bored with it as well.

IMO, the US is doing just fine. A shade over 2 people dying out of every 1,000 is better, if not more or less the same as any other nation/s at present time.

First vaccination in the US 14 December. 299,193 deaths prior. Yesterday 692,356 = 393,163 deaths since 14 December or 1191 per million.
First vaccination in Italy 27 December, but let's take 14 December for parity. 65,011 deaths prior. Yesterday 130,310=65,299 deaths since 14 December, or 1088 per million.

Now 103 per million difference might not sound like much, only 10%, but that number is growing rapidly with the much higher rate of daily deaths in the US, and theoretically represents over 6000 lives.  Let's check back on the numbers in a couple of weeks, or a month, and see what the numbers show.  Although not exact, with a head start for the US, we can see what happens in relative terms.

Basis, 60 million Italians, 330 million Americans.
Italy counts from http://github.com/pcm-dpc/COVID-19/tree/master/schede-riepilogative/regioni
US counts from http://www.patientcareonline.com/view/covid-19-update-us-and-global-cases-deaths-and-recoveries-as-of-december-14-2020

Do check my math for any errors.

I wouldn't call my case as anywhere close to being 'serious'. I actually went to my office & worked everyday. It became a butt of joke here as a matter of fact, since we had people staying home because of their reaction to the vaccine. My case lasted less than a week. It wasn't pleasant, but relatively 'easy' than most.

The way you described it at the time, not a walk in the park, either.  In any case, something to look out for on your next checkup.  I'd at least get an x-ray done.

Offline GQBlues

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: None (yet)
« Reply #226 on: September 20, 2021, 07:37:20 PM »
...First vaccination in the US 14 December. 299,193 deaths prior. Yesterday 692,356 = 393,163 deaths since 14 December or 1191 per million.
First vaccination in Italy 27 December, but let's take 14 December for parity. 65,011 deaths prior. Yesterday 130,310=65,299 deaths since 14 December, or 1088 per million.

Now 103 per million difference might not sound like much, only 10%, but that number is growing rapidly with the much higher rate of daily deaths in the US, and theoretically represents over 6000 lives.  Let's check back on the numbers in a couple of weeks, or a month, and see what the numbers show.  Although not exact, with a head start for the US, we can see what happens in relative terms.

Basis, 60 million Italians, 330 million Americans.
Italy counts from http://github.com/pcm-dpc/COVID-19/tree/master/schede-riepilogative/regioni
US counts from http://www.patientcareonline.com/view/covid-19-update-us-and-global-cases-deaths-and-recoveries-as-of-december-14-2020

Do check my math for any errors.

Well, unless you're BillyB ( :P ), I won't pick fly sh!t out of peppers, but you asked...103 per 1,000,000 difference.

It's a very miniscule percentage, a hundreth of a percent difference. You can literally justify the difference by extrapolating that the US's population is 5 times that of Italy more or less. The larger the 'sampling', the likelihood of greater frequency.

The way you described it at the time, not a walk in the park, either.  In any case, something to look out for on your next checkup.  I'd at least get an x-ray done.

I honestly never get sick. Much to my wife's dismay because she never gets a chance to push her 'Russian pill' with me. So this experience with COVID was not only surprising, it was nothing like I've experience before. That made it quite 'significant' to me. But comparing what I felt, even with my brother (he was coughing/sneezing most days - all day long), and other folks who had them, I got off pretty easy comparably.

« Last Edit: September 20, 2021, 07:38:57 PM by GQBlues »
Quote from: msmob
1. Because of 'man', global warming is causing desert and arid areas to suffer long, dry spell.
2. The 2018 Camp Fire and Woolsey California wildfires are forests burning because of global warming.
3. N95 mask will choke you dead after 30 min. of use.

Offline fathertime

• Trips: > 10
« Reply #227 on: September 20, 2021, 07:45:07 PM »
We are taking care of my wife's niece from Colombia.  She goes to school here now.  A person in her class got covid.  Now all students in the class have to get covid tests immediately and again in a few days I guess.  They take a lot of precautions at school already, but I would think it would spread despite this.    In any event, we shall see if our household is officially afflicted by it soon.  I would think not, as we all feel pretty good. 

Fathertime! 
I just happened to be browsing about the internet....

Offline GQBlues

« Reply #228 on: September 21, 2021, 11:04:55 AM »
How, we, in California are persevering to stop the spread of this nasty virus. Thankful that many of our fearless leaders are bold enough to really take a stand and implement strict policies, policies that may not be popular to its constituents, without fear of political fallout!! Yes, indeedy they are a fearless bunch!! We Californians are truly blessed to be led by such, lovably bold cretins!!!

San Francisco, and 7 other Bay Rea health officials, spearheaded this new mask mandate policy not too long ago. It states:

"...Because of the Delta variant, we have more cases of COVID-19 right now. You are required to wear a mask to stop the spread of the Delta variant. You must wear a mask even if you are vaccinated....

http://sf.gov/information/masks-and-face-coverings-added-protection-coronavirus

Now to help promote this policy, SF mayor London Breed (Yup, the same black lives matter bobble head), went out and about to show San Franciscan how to abide by this new policy, shown on the video below:

Yessiree, the very same head-bobbing looney in the background. Apparently, all of the people in attendance this evening are exempt from this mandate.

When confronted by the absurdity of this matter (remember Pelosi?), she responded (pp), "I was feeling the spirit. The fun police can't tells us what to do!"

Yup, welcome to Kalifornyak! Now go home! Take someone with you, maybe two, on your way out!
« Last Edit: September 21, 2021, 11:07:41 AM by GQBlues »
1. Because of 'man', global warming is causing desert and arid areas to suffer long, dry spell.
2. The 2018 Camp Fire and Woolsey California wildfires are forests burning because of global warming.

Offline GQBlues

« Reply #229 on: September 21, 2021, 12:57:49 PM »
Yup, part deux..

Things you need to know about the ever-mutating science, scientists, experts and your stupid *Democratic variant* president (whoever voted for this deucebag please stand up) that would like to prevent the unvaccinated from living normal lives afforded only to the vaccinated sheeps...

Quote from: Joe Dementia Biden
a pandemic of the unvaccinated.

http://twitter.com/NickFondacaro/status/1439617471422607372

Jen Psaki, when asked if illegal immigrants crossing our borders are being asked for their vaccine passports before admittance, she responded (pp):

Quote from: Jen Psaki
Unlike Europeans, illegal immigrants don’t need to prove vaccination status because they “are not intending to stay here”

:o  Maybe it's just me. But as Shultz would always mutter: "der iz somethin very, very wrong hir!"
« Last Edit: September 21, 2021, 01:14:41 PM by GQBlues »

Offline Boethius

• Trips: No Selection
« Reply #230 on: September 21, 2021, 01:40:24 PM »
I am posting this article as The Telegraph requires registration.

The better half has always contended the virus was genetically modified, and that’s why a vaccination is the best option for most.

Wuhan scientists were planning to release enhanced airborne coronaviruses into Chinese bat populations to inoculate them against diseases that could jump to humans, leaked grant proposals dating from 2018 show.

New documents show that just 18 months before the first Covid-19 cases appeared, researchers had submitted plans to release skin-penetrating nanoparticles containing “novel chimeric spike proteins” of bat coronaviruses into cave bats in Yunnan, China.

They also planned to create chimeric viruses, genetically enhanced to infect humans more easily, and requested $14million from the Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency (Darpa) to fund the work.

Papers, confirmed as genuine by a former member of the Trump administration, show they were hoping to introduce “human-specific cleavage sites” to bat coronaviruses which would make it easier for the virus to enter human cells.
When Covid-19 was first genetically sequenced, scientists were puzzled about how the virus had evolved such a human-specific adaptation at the cleavage site on the spike protein, which is the reason it is so infectious.

The documents were released by Drastic, the web-based investigations team set up by scientists from across the world to look into the origins of Covid-19.
In a statement, Drastic said: “Given that we find in this proposal a discussion of the planned introduction of human-specific cleavage sites, a review by the wider scientific community of the plausibility of artificial insertion is warranted.”

The proposal also included plans to mix high-risk natural coronavirus strains with more infectious but less dangerous varieties.

The bid was submitted by British zoologist Peter Daszak of EcoHealth Alliance, the US-based organisation, which has worked closely with the Wuhan Institute of Virology (WIV) researching bat coronaviruses.

Team members included Dr Shi Zhengli, the WIV researcher dubbed “bat woman”, pictured below, as well as US researchers from the University of North Carolina and the United States Geological Survey National Wildlife Health Centre.

Darpa refused to fund the work, saying: “It is clear that the proposed project led by Peter Daszak could have put local communities at risk”, and warned that the team had not properly considered the dangers of enhancing the virus (gain of function research) or releasing a vaccine by air.

Grant documents show that the team also had some concerns about the vaccine programme and said they would “conduct educational outreach … so that there is a public understanding of what we are doing and why we are doing it, particularly because of the practice of bat-consumption in the region”.

Angus Dalgleish, Professor of Oncology at St Georges, University of London, who struggled to get work published showing that the Wuhan Institute of Virology (WIV) had been carrying out “gain of function” work for years before the pandemic, said the research may have gone ahead even without the funding.

“This is clearly a gain of function, engineering the cleavage site and polishing the new viruses to enhance human cell infectibility in more than one cell line,” he said.

Daszak was also behind a letter published in The Lancet last year which effectively shut down scientific debate into the origins of Covid-19.

Viscount Ridley, who has co-authored a book on the origin of Covid-19, due for release in November, and who has frequently called for a further investigation into what caused the pandemic in the House of Lords, said: “For more than a year I tried repeatedly to ask questions of Peter Daszak with no response.

“Now it turns out he had authored this vital piece of information about virus work in Wuhan but refused to share it with the world. I am furious. So should the world be.

“Peter Daszak and the EcoHealth Alliance (EHA) proposed injecting deadly chimeric bat coronaviruses collected by the Wuhan Institute of Virology into humanised and ‘batified’ mice, and much, much more.”

A Covid-19 researcher from the World Health Organisation (WHO), who wished to remain anonymous, said it was alarming that the grant proposal included plans to enhance the more deadly disease of Middle-East Respiratory Syndrome (Mers).

“The scary part is they were making infectious chimeric Mers viruses,” the source said.

“These viruses have a fatality rate over 30 per cent, which is at least an order of magnitude more deadly than Sars-CoV-2.

“If one of their receptor replacements made Mers spread similarly, while maintaining its lethality, this pandemic would be nearly apocalyptic.”

EcoHealth Alliance and the Wuhan Institute of Virology have been aproached for comment.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2021/09/21/wuhan-scientists-planned-releaseskin-penetrating-nanoparticles/

« Last Edit: September 21, 2021, 01:48:24 PM by AnonMod »
After the fall of communism, the biggest mistake Boris Yeltsin's regime made was not to disband the KGB altogether. Instead it changed its name to the FSB and, to many observers, morphed into a gangster organisation, eventually headed by master criminal Vladimir Putin. - Gerard Batten

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
  • Spouse's Country: Ukraine
« Reply #231 on: September 26, 2021, 02:46:44 AM »
Looks like Coronavirus infections are starting to climb a lot in Ukraine now. Guessing the Delta variant is now making big inroads out there:

http://www.google.com/amp/s/www.rferl.org/amp/ukraine-covid-state-emergency/31469287.html

Ukraine's vaccination drive has of course been slow so they're pretty much open to it spreading fact once it's properly taken hold which it looks like it now has. Up to around 8,000 infections or so a day now and over 100 deaths per day with matters likely to get worse in the coming weeks. Odds are their country can't economically take another full on lockdown so they will probably just have to try to weather it. Would be good to hear how things are with anyone with more feet on the ground of the situation out there.
"If you make your own bread, then and only then, are you a free man unchained and alive living in pooty tang paradise, or say no and live in Incel island with all the others." - Krimster

Offline GQBlues

« Reply #232 on: September 27, 2021, 08:56:29 AM »
Despite vigorous campaign by internet sites like instagram, twitter, FB, etc...to censor 'natural immunity's' stronger/longer efficacy vs vaccines, numerous legal challenges and lawsuits had began in various US court systems against the vaccine passport/mandate.

I will not take too kindly either if any idiotic business/es, local, state and federal agencies exercise this stupid liberal rule against me and discriminates me for being 'unvaccinated' in any way, shape or form.

Online 2tallbill

• Living the dream
Vaccines for Travelling Abroad
« Reply #233 on: September 27, 2021, 10:47:24 AM »
Odds are their country can't economically take another full on lockdown so they will
probably just have to try to weather it. Would be good to hear how things are with
anyone with more feet on the ground of the situation out there.

Trench, the US can't economically take another full lockdown.
FSUW are not for entry level daters
FSUW don't do vague
FSUW like a man of action. Be a man of action 
If you find a promising girl, get your butt on a plane.
There are a hundred ways to be successful and a thousand ways to f#ck it up
Just kiss the girl, don't ask her first. Tolerate NO excuses!

Offline fathertime

« Reply #234 on: September 29, 2021, 05:07:41 AM »

I will not take too kindly either if any idiotic business/es, local, state and federal agencies exercise this stupid liberal rule against me and discriminates me for being 'unvaccinated' in any way, shape or form.
For now there are consequences for not being vaccinated.  I'm not entirely in favor of those consequences.   If I were vaccinated, I could still be a carrier of the virus, and perhaps be less likely to realize it. Not being able to visit old pops doesn't seem sensible from that viewpoint.   I think it won't be long before needing to produce vaccination papers is going to be the new norm, and I'm not in favor of that.

Fathertime!
I just happened to be browsing about the internet....

Offline Sailor291

« Reply #235 on: September 29, 2021, 05:43:24 AM »
We should just sew a gold 6 pointed star on our clothing.  Oh, never mind that’s already been tried. 

Offline tfcrew

• North Texas... Married 21 years
« Reply #236 on: September 29, 2021, 03:00:49 PM »
Dozens Of Massachusetts State Police Have Resigned Over A Vaccine Mandate, Union Says
Dozens of Massachusetts State Police troopers have put in their resignation papers following the state's COVID-19 vaccine mandate, the State Police Association of Massachusetts said.Under Gov. Charlie Baker's executive order issued last month, all executive department employees are required to show proof of vaccination on or before Oct. 17, or they will be fired. "It is unfortunate that the Governor and his team have chosen to mandate one of the most stringent vaccine mandates in the country with no reasonable alternatives," State Police Association President Michael Cherven said in a statement. Health Health Department Resignations In A Montana County Slow COVID-19 Vaccine Distribution 
  •  
    Chervin said the troopers should have "reasonable alternatives" to being required to get vaccinated such as wearing masks and being tested regularly.             Health A N.Y. Hospital Will Stop Delivering Babies As Workers Quit Over A Vaccine Mandate   Last week, a state judge denied a request from the state's police union to block the governor's vaccine mandate for troopers, according to WBZ-TV. The police union's attorneys told the local broadcaster that up to 20% of state police employees remain unvaccinated.With the judge's ruling, unvaccinated troopers were only given a few days to get their first vaccine dose or they could face disciplinary action, WBZ reported.
http://www.npr.org/sections/coronavirus-live-updates/2021/09/27/1040961594/massachusetts-state-police-resign-covid-vaccine
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Thousands of N.Y. Health Care Workers Get Vaccinated Ahead of Deadline
Sept. 28, 2021New York State’s pioneering effort to force health care workers to receive coronavirus vaccines appears to have pressured thousands of holdouts to receive last-minute shots, though hospitals and nursing homes continue to brace for potential staffing shortages should the mandate fall short, according to state and industry officials.
As the vaccination mandate went into full effect on Monday, 92 percent of the state’s more than 650,000 hospital and nursing home workers had received at least one vaccine dose, state officials said. That was a significant increase from a week ago, when 82 percent of the state’s nursing home workers and at least 84 percent of hospital workers had received at least one dose.
The jump in vaccinations in the days before the deadline gave New York one of the highest rates of vaccination among health care workers nationally. It was also a positive sign that President Biden’s planned federal vaccination mandate for most health care workers might buoy rates nationwide.
At the same time, at least eight lawsuits and several angry protests against mandates in New York served as a reminder that thousands of health care workers would likely resign or choose to be fired rather than get vaccinated.Many hospitals and nursing homes faced staffing shortages before the mandate, for reasons including pandemic-related burnout and the high pay being offered to traveling nurses. That means even minor staff losses because of vaccine resistance could put some patients at risk.
As a result, many health care facilities have braced themselves by activating emergency staffing plans, calling in volunteers and moving personnel to cover shifts.
http://www.nytimes.com/2021/09/28/nyregion/vaccine-health-care-workers-mandate.html
~There is no one more blind than those who refuse to see and none more deaf as those who will not listen~
~Think about the intelligence of the average person and then realize that half of the people are even more stupid than that~

Offline GQBlues

« Reply #237 on: September 29, 2021, 03:53:12 PM »
Since current science is proving those who survived from being infected by COVID-19 are far more protected, and thereby 'safer to others', than vaccinated folks; and with this stupid mandate - I guess we no longer have the need to heed the ol' *follow-the-science* campaign. If so, keep in mind, if following the science is no longer valid - then this makes the *mandate* even that much more ridiculous.

Our f@cking government is obviously, really & simply, just f@cking with us. Cynical I am, yes indeedy! Who the heck voted for this dynamic duo? Please announce yourselves!!!

Offline ML

« Reply #238 on: September 29, 2021, 04:30:08 PM »

I got my third Pfizer Covid injection yesterday. 
Wife won't be eligible for another month (6 months past her second injection), and then only if she qualifies as a front line worker (teacher) as she is too young. 
I am suffering a little bit (nausea, headache, and tiredness) just like after second vaccination. 
But should only last 3 days or so.
It's worth it as the 3rd vaccination is supposed to increase immunization by 5 times that of only two vaccinations.
A beautiful woman is pleasant to look at, but it is easier to live with a pleasant acting one.

Offline GQBlues

« Reply #239 on: September 30, 2021, 09:36:48 AM »
Youtube decided to be the arbiter of science and truth, and decided to ban/remove all 100% counter opinions it deems are promoted by *anti-vaxxers* from its platform.

Unbelievable! what's happening to our country and freedom!

Along with FB, I believe this is a sign that these social media had followed suit with Biden's heeding months ago that all social sites silence any/all counter opinions dealing with their directive.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2021, 09:41:05 AM by GQBlues »

Offline BC

« Reply #240 on: September 30, 2021, 10:21:58 AM »
Since current science is proving those who survived from being infected by COVID-19 are far more protected, and thereby 'safer to others', than vaccinated folks; and with this stupid mandate - I guess we no longer have the need to heed the ol' *follow-the-science* campaign. If so, keep in mind, if following the science is no longer valid - then this makes the *mandate* even that much more ridiculous.

Our f@cking government is obviously, really & simply, just f@cking with us. Cynical I am, yes indeedy! Who the heck voted for this dynamic duo? Please announce yourselves!!!

I did.

Countries that followed the science, mandating vaccines, masks and green passes (most all give passes to those with prior infection valid for at least 6 months, BTW) fared this last wave of infections much, much better than countries where such was not mandated.

It ain't that different from the performance of football teams.  If a team is well organized and in sync with how they want to play the game as a team, results will most likely be better than a team where they just tell each of the players to do whatever the heck they want.

Today, the US will surpass Italy in deaths per million, and will end up considerably higher.  Today the 7-day average is 54 vs 1651.

If the US was performing as well as Italy, there would be only 297 deaths per day, or 1354 excess deaths per day.  And, it has been this way for many weeks.  Other countries like Germany have done much better than Italy as well, so it's not an anomaly.

Offline mhr7

• Trips: Resident
« Reply #241 on: September 30, 2021, 11:23:29 AM »
Mandate vaccines.

http://tinyurl.com/nkk5vnbz

When Green and Klinestiver next met about two months later, Green lay in bed in a critical care unit, battling a severe case of COVID. The 58-year-old New Palestine, Indiana, man greeted his physician wanly and sheepishly.

By this point, Green has no doubts about the vaccine.

Pausing to take deep breaths from the high flow oxygen device to which he was tethered, Green said he would like to tell everyone to "just go get the vaccine."

He said there's no reason to hesitate.

http://www.yahoo.com/news/man-hospitalized-covid-19-begs-103018646.html
« Last Edit: September 30, 2021, 03:21:58 PM by mhr7 »
"After your death, you will be what you were before your birth." - Schopenhauer

Offline GQBlues

« Reply #242 on: September 30, 2021, 01:28:46 PM »
I did.

Countries that followed the science, mandating vaccines, masks and green passes (most all give passes to those with prior infection valid for at least 6 months, BTW) fared this last wave of infections much, much better than countries where such was not mandated.

It ain't that different from the performance of football teams.  If a team is well organized and in sync with how they want to play the game as a team, results will most likely be better than a team where they just tell each of the players to do whatever the heck they want.

Today, the US will surpass Italy in deaths per million, and will end up considerably higher.  Today the 7-day average is 54 vs 1651.

If the US was performing as well as Italy, there would be only 297 deaths per day, or 1354 excess deaths per day.  And, it has been this way for many weeks.  Other countries like Germany have done much better than Italy as well, so it's not an anomaly.

BC-

You keep comparing apples to oranges to fit your narrative. Deaths/million have little to NO relevance to what that moron in that white house that you voted for is doing. If no one else died in good ol' Italy from heretofore - it has NO relevance to the US, timbuktu or elsewhere. I'm not sure why you're stuck in this mentality as though it's  viable barometer. Listen, it's good to know Italians fancy being controlled by their government with little to no resistance. Many/most Americans do not. THAT's what is relevant.

The point of why this stupid mandate is in place is sketchy at best for the simple reason this administration, and all its expert talking heads, had been peddling from the get-go that *we follow the science*. Yet, the mandate took no consideration to people who had survived the virus and are being/will be discriminated upon despite presiding *science* had proven that even being unvaccinated, they are in fact *safer* than those that are. This idiotic president is much too dense to either understand this, or is being forced to serve a narrative from his experts that stand to profit greatly from vaccine administration.

This is not the right time to see millions more filing for unemployment because of this mandate. Our economy isn't exactly undergoing the best of times as it is. California just recorded 18,000 more filing unemployment just today.

I'm not an anti-vaxxer. Ferchrissakes, my wife is vaccinated. If you think and believe vaccine is your life savior, by all means go get vaccinated. Don't wait! Go! But if you believe otherwise, especially if you are aware what the
science is, then you have that right and you shouldn't be discriminated because of it.

That's the point, and again, has nothing to do or relevance to what Italians like to eat for dinner.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2021, 01:35:08 PM by GQBlues »

Offline tfcrew

• North Texas... Married 21 years
« Reply #243 on: September 30, 2021, 07:30:06 PM »
....the 3rd vaccination is supposed to increase immunization by 5 times that of only two vaccinations.
How can anyone really know that after only about a year after the vaxs even started?
~There is no one more blind than those who refuse to see and none more deaf as those who will not listen~
~Think about the intelligence of the average person and then realize that half of the people are even more stupid than that~

Offline BC

« Reply #244 on: September 30, 2021, 08:02:00 PM »
Yeah GQ, I keep forgetting that Homo americanus is a species unto itself, and that normal socio-behavioral norms and patterns do not apply.  It is exactly this illusion of exceptionalism that keeps killing us.  You, and others, consistently and insistently use this rationalization to defend everything that ails us, whether it be wars, guns, government, healthcare, economy, education, ecology, and now even a teensy weenie little virus.

You scoffed and even ridiculed what was happening in other countries, and the same ends up happening in our own backyard.  The big difference is that others learned from their mistakes and adapted.  Don't confuse 'government control' with leadership.  The US had every advantage, with resources, and most important, time.  Our failure to manage and adapt to this crisis cannot be justified.  Instead of leveraging a head start, we missed the bus and the data proves it.

I'll be returning home next week.  Believe it or not, I will breathe much easier on the flight departing the US knowing everyone on the flight has been tested, and most, if not all, fully vaccinated.  I'll feel more free going about my day than I have here, knowing that those around me have my back, and I have theirs.

Offline GQBlues

« Reply #245 on: October 01, 2021, 05:21:03 AM »
Yeah GQ, I keep forgetting that Homo americanus is a species unto itself, and that normal socio-behavioral norms and patterns do not apply.  It is exactly this illusion of exceptionalism that keeps killing us.  You, and others, consistently and insistently use this rationalization to defend everything that ails us, whether it be wars, guns, government, healthcare, economy, education, ecology, and now even a teensy weenie little virus.

You scoffed and even ridiculed what was happening in other countries, and the same ends up happening in our own backyard.  The big difference is that others learned from their mistakes and adapted.  Don't confuse 'government control' with leadership.  The US had every advantage, with resources, and most important, time.  Our failure to manage and adapt to this crisis cannot be justified.  Instead of leveraging a head start, we missed the bus and the data proves it.

I'll be returning home next week.  Believe it or not, I will breathe much easier on the flight departing the US knowing everyone on the flight has been tested, and most, if not all, fully vaccinated.  I'll feel more free going about my day than I have here, knowing that those around me have my back, and I have theirs.

LMAO! OMG, you may have a point comparing apples to oranges. I just looked at the 7-day average cases (your favorite) between Wyoming and Florida!!! Jeeezzuzz! They must feel exceptional in Arkansas! Looky here in Hawaii, compared to Michigan, they must like to eat lychees!

Are you getting this at all? Your silly response to the post couldn’t be more off target.

Offline BC

« Reply #246 on: October 01, 2021, 10:01:36 AM »
Hi GQ,

If you believe that WY, HI and AR form a good representation of the US COVID situation, then you would be correct, the United States is doing just fine.

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
« Reply #247 on: October 02, 2021, 03:57:57 PM »
News report in the UK today that a 15 year old girl has died of the Coronavirus, no underlying health problems, physically fit and not fat was supposed to have gotten the vaccine on the day she died so was offered too late for her. Shocking that it can take someone so young and in good health, from the report it looks like it affected her badly fast as only 4days after positive PCR test that she passed away:

BBC News - Portsmouth girl, 15, dies of Covid on day she was due jab
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-hampshire-58772671
"If you make your own bread, then and only then, are you a free man unchained and alive living in pooty tang paradise, or say no and live in Incel island with all the others." - Krimster

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
« Reply #248 on: October 03, 2021, 12:30:05 AM »
Virus infections going up steeply in Ukraine now, 12,000 infections a day and climbing and over 200 deaths per day. For a population of around 44 million in a fairly large country it probably works out as quite a lot. Still most Ukrainians without having been vaccinated in a country with a slow vaccination roll out. Looks like things will only go from bad to worse out there over the coming days, weeks and months as little to stop the spread.

Offline BC

« Reply #249 on: October 05, 2021, 04:28:15 PM »
200 deaths per day with 44 million inhabitants, adjusted for population, roughly equals current US daily deaths. 

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8883
Latest: Leroy14
New This Month: 1
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 540997
Total Topics: 20849
Most Online Today: 2013
Most Online Ever: 12701
(January 14, 2020, 07:04:55 AM)
Users Online
Members: 9
Guests: 1959
Total: 1968

+-Recent Posts

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Yesterday at 09:20:42 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Infoman
Yesterday at 09:12:54 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Yesterday at 09:02:12 PM

American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Infoman
Yesterday at 08:45:42 PM

Re: What to do by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 07:59:27 PM

Ukrainian refugee working for me now by ML
Yesterday at 07:04:53 PM

Ukrainian refugee working for me now by ML
Yesterday at 06:59:45 PM

Re: What to do by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 06:57:42 PM

Re: If you don't know what you are talking about, post away anyway by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 06:36:52 PM

Re: Twenty Years... and Counting (MarkInTx Update) by supranatural
Yesterday at 03:02:29 PM