Forum > Research Projects

regional accents

(1/3) > >>

lordtiberius:
When I was looking, I was talking to a girl from Dnepropetrovsk and she had a very heavy accent.  I never spoke Russian to her as Ahe was a translator.  And I hired an artist from there working on my comic who spoke with that same accent.  I am curious about regional accents from Russia and Ukraine.  Thank you.

SANDRO43:

--- Quote from: lordtiberius on October 20, 2014, 06:45:31 PM ---I am curious about regional accents from Russia and Ukraine.
--- End quote ---
I think you should be a little more specific as to what you wish to know.

Regional accents occur in ANY country and language: differences are phonetical (pronunciation of vowels and consonants) but also prosodic (lilt, speed, etc.)

Doll:

--- Quote from: lordtiberius on October 20, 2014, 06:45:31 PM ---When I was looking, I was talking to a girl from Dnepropetrovsk and she had a very heavy accent.  I never spoke Russian to her as Ahe was a translator.  And I hired an artist from there working on my comic who spoke with that same accent.  I am curious about regional accents from Russia and Ukraine.  Thank you.

--- End quote ---
There are several: "Moscow", Northen, Urals, Siberian, Southern (close to Ukrainian).

Doll:
Sandro, Dnepropetrovsk is Ukraine, so her accent is "Southern".

lordtiberius:

--- Quote from: SANDRO43 on October 21, 2014, 03:26:23 AM ---I think you should be a little more specific as to what you wish to know.

Regional accents occur in ANY country and language: differences are phonetical (pronunciation of vowels and consonants) but also prosodic (lilt, speed, etc.)

--- End quote ---

Are you a Russian speaker?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version