It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: Coronavirus, how are you preparing for it and how it is affecting you so far?  (Read 456701 times)

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
  • Spouse's Country: Ukraine
  • Trips: 4 - 10
I wonder if it is easier as an individual to not bother with all the measures and if you aren't affected by the virus contagion if you get it then all very well if not then so be it.

I just wonder if we are all trying to run from the inevitable and it's all dragging it out a lot more than it would otherwise be.
"If you make your own bread, then and only then, are you a free man unchained and alive living in pooty tang paradise, or say no and live in Incel island with all the others." - Krimster

Online 2tallbill

• Living the dream
  • Spouse's Country: Russia
  • Trips: > 10
FSUW are not for entry level daters
FSUW don't do vague
FSUW like a man of action. Be a man of action 
If you find a promising girl, get your butt on a plane.
There are a hundred ways to be successful and a thousand ways to f#ck it up
Just kiss the girl, don't ask her first. Tolerate NO excuses!

Offline fathertime

• Spouse's Country: No Selection

So going back to the economic impact of coronavirus, and the fall of the global market, I listened to The Daily podcast and it captured my sentiment that while I understood the intent behind the central bank's move to lower the interest rate, I had a feeling that it'll just make things worst. I'm not an economist by profession. Far from it. But I understand it enough to realize the current economic tide we're on is NOT a financial crisis. I just didn't believe lowering interest rates was the right move.

Yes. Trump gave our country the economy that cushioned this current fall. We'd be in worst shape entering our cycle through this viral mess had the US economy not been in as great a shape because of Trump. The supply/demand principle of economics is being driven by forces other than money, yet, we were in a position to absorb the assault for now.

well the interest rate move certainly seemed to backfire for the day, down 3000 points...yet it seems like it was still something that was ok to do.  850 billion in stimulus coming up seems ok as well, depending on where/who exactly it goes to
..in the end, assuming the crisis ebbs, trump will be associated with winning, people will be in a good party mood,  and he will be reelected...although oddsmakers are lowering his chances at the moment.   

Fathertime! 
I just happened to be browsing about the internet....

Offline GQBlues

• Trips: None (yet)
well the interest rate move certainly seemed to backfire for the day, down 3000 points...yet it seems like it was still something that was ok to do.  850 billion in stimulus coming up seems ok as well, depending on where/who exactly it goes to...

In a word, it's 'bailout'. For the entertainment industry, small businesses, for individuals that are financially impacted by the public health directives. Again, we are in a position, because of the economy we had under Trump, that's giving us the option and resource to right our state if and when this crisis find its end. We will all play and determine exactly what our ultimate fate will be if we do not heed the calling of our health care professionals. The federal government is trying to cover our backs financially, but that has it's limit in this battle.

..in the end, assuming the crisis ebbs, trump will be associated with winning, people will be in a good party mood,  and he will be reelected...although oddsmakers are lowering his chances at the moment.

This President had done unprecedented things that are often times criticize, but seem to always find its way to counter these criticism. Closing borders is one. Organizing a force team to drive what the country needs right now is another. The daily presser, etc..to coin a phrase...*he is better than most*   
Quote from: msmob
1. Because of 'man', global warming is causing desert and arid areas to suffer long, dry spell.
2. The 2018 Camp Fire and Woolsey California wildfires are forests burning because of global warming.
3. N95 mask will choke you dead after 30 min. of use.

Online krimster2

• He/Him
  • Trips: Resident
see here, Trench my lad,
snap out of it!!!

the longer you survive compared to the other guys
the greater your Pooty Tang Potential (PTP) is gonna be...
cuz you're the one still breathin....
and as bad as you're probably gonna smell
it'll still be a whole lot better than the guys who aren't breathin....

Page 1 of Krimster's Post Apocalyptic Guide to Dating

yes, Trench even at a time like this you must consider
that man does not live by bread alone...

so Trench, are there any, well, you know...
attractive young single ladies in your area...
but you currently feel they are "out of your league"?
any....

if so, I'd start with them first...
then just move move down the scale until you get to the grandmothers...

for grandmothers, when they run out of food, I'd offer them 2 cans of spaghetti for a HJ, but they have to call you "a bad boy" when they do it!
hope these suggestions inspire you to see the opportunities that always exist, even though they may be hidden from your view
use your imagination to see with instead
let it shine me bruv
before you die, you must first live...

It is much easier to judge another...
than to judge your self...
or even weigh your own judgment of another

whatever can be removed
is not essential

triggering certain receptors in my brain
allowed me to SEE that an oscillator was just a pendulum

time, did not CAUSE the oscillation
but the forces that DID cause the oscillation
will determine the frequency of the oscillation
in gorgeous colors
with the smell of flowers and early spring...
and my grandmother's freshly baked carrot cake

too much "I dream of Jeannie" re-runs in "Das Bunker"
i mean WTF, Cpt Nelson didn't hit on her????

WTF??? are you serious?
did you guys ever freakin see episode #1, she was HOT!!!

« Last Edit: March 17, 2020, 07:51:09 PM by krimster2 »

Offline jone

It is now become popular among the countries that have a beef with the US to make the claim that the US started the Corona Virus and planted it in China.   Such was claimed yesterday by a foreign ministry spokesman for China.   In Iran, the television reports that the disease was created in the United States and disseminated by Israel.   And on RT one of the talking heads claims that the advance of the disease was fostered by the US government.

In each of the situations, it appears that the governments spouting this seem to need a common enemy to project animus to in order to divert attention to their government's failure to control the disease.   

I wonder what they will say if it hits Venezuela?
Kissing girls is a goodness.  It beats the hell out of card games.  - Robert Heinlein

Online krimster2

• He/Him
the virus causes the depression
depression causes the war

everyone's looking for slogans now

Offline BC

• Trips: 4 - 10
In Iran, the television reports that the disease was created in the United States and disseminated by Israel.   

Chatted with my friend in Iran yesterday who didn't mention it.  Guess being polite, but was happy he took the time to call.

Offline GQBlues

• Trips: None (yet)
It is now become popular among the countries that have a beef with the US to make the claim that the US started the Corona Virus and planted it in China.   Such was claimed yesterday by a foreign ministry spokesman for China.   In Iran, the television reports that the disease was created in the United States and disseminated by Israel.   And on RT one of the talking heads claims that the advance of the disease was fostered by the US government.

In each of the situations, it appears that the governments spouting this seem to need a common enemy to project animus to in order to divert attention to their government's failure to control the disease.   

I wonder what they will say if it hits Venezuela?

Old news, jone. Didn't you know? Trump sent Rudy Giuliani to plant the virus. They showed the video proof on CNN a month ago.

Additionally, they have sworn statement from someone who heard it from someone else, who was told by someone's cousin. I think both Manafort and Carter Page was in on it, too with assistance for Gen Flynn. Brian Williams of MSNBC saw the whole thing.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2020, 11:32:30 AM by GQBlues »
Quote from: msmob
1. Because of 'man', global warming is causing desert and arid areas to suffer long, dry spell.
2. The 2018 Camp Fire and Woolsey California wildfires are forests burning because of global warming.
3. N95 mask will choke you dead after 30 min. of use.

Online krimster2

• He/Him
you don't need to wait for death
he will kindly wait for you
he does not need to know the time
he gets there whenever he gets there

the rabbits sense when the wolf approaches in the dark
something brings fear to them
even though they see nothing
they are afraid

deep in the heart of the dream, struggling for breath
letting unwind the mortal coil

« Last Edit: March 17, 2020, 12:50:09 PM by krimster2 »

Offline Boethius

• Trips: No Selection
It is now become popular among the countries that have a beef with the US to make the claim that the US started the Corona Virus and planted it in China. 

Russia has blamed the UK (on Russia's The Great Game), and the US.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-51413870

Singing to keep up spirits in Siena -

This post was composed without the aid of google.
After the fall of communism, the biggest mistake Boris Yeltsin's regime made was not to disband the KGB altogether. Instead it changed its name to the FSB and, to many observers, morphed into a gangster organisation, eventually headed by master criminal Vladimir Putin. - Gerard Batten

Online krimster2

• He/Him
listen, I have been telling you all the truth!!!!!

millions!!!!!

http://tinyurl.com/qwqaq33

BO, can you get into a sparsely populated region north of the 30th parallel, Alberta or some place if so, go!!!
i don't know the Canadian numbers
USA's are going up like a rocket
it really is the end of us

and it really is gonna be millions, question is only how MANY millions...
« Last Edit: March 17, 2020, 05:48:41 PM by AnonMod »

Offline Gator

Old news, jone. Didn't you know? Trump sent Rudy Giuliani to plant the virus. They showed the video proof on CNN a month ago.

Evidently to conceal the conspiracy, Rudy also planted the virus in selected American regions.  Rudy selected the blue states of Washington, New York and California, but only the most liberal locales.

The COVID outbreak is so serious that I have heard no jokes.  That is, until today.  After golf, one  alarmed man mentioned that COVID has caused deaths over the state.  Another man asked how many?  The alarmed man said "5."  The other man replied, "Jeffrey Dahmer ate more than that."  Few laughed.         

Offline BillyB

CDC - the US authority in disease control.

I googled the numbers you cited and CDC and can't find anything on it. Chinese travelled outside of China and infected many countries at near the same time. Our hospitals should be full like Italy's but they aren't. One big difference is Trump banned Chinese and those who were in China from entering our country in January. Probably why we aren't going to be hit hard like European nations which currently are. Trump didn't listen to WHO( the authority and experts) recommendation travel restrictions and bans between nations are not necessary.

I urge you to listen to The Daily's Peter Goodman podcast (12 minutes long) and a good understanding how and why this virus, despite its relative 'less lethal' effect than its predecessors (SARS. H1N1, MERS, etc) is driving our world and all our consciousness into financial nightmare. A pending global recession differently than traditional causes.

If Peter thinks COVID-19 is less lethal than SARS, MERS, and H1N1(Swine Flu), he doesn't know what he's talking about. I prefer the 3 pandemics/epidemics to hit us at the same time than COVID-19. SARS and MERS are coronaviruses and humans had to fight them for around 8 years. COVID-19 been on earth a few months and killed more people than both those coronaviruses combined. It doesn't sound less lethal to me. Swine Flu lasted a couple of years and killed a lot but like all flus, vaccines and viral medicines can be quickly found. COVID-19 behavior is very dangerous. When people got the other coronaviruses, they quickly got sick, stayed home or a doctor figured out what they got quickly so they were less likely to infect others. With COVID-19, a person can go 14 days without symptoms and without a reason to stay home or visit a doctor, they can go around and infect others not knowing they are sick.

There was no level 5 pandemic in the last 100 years. The 1918 Spanish Flu was a level 5 pandemic but a vaccine was found for it. COVID-19 is a level 5 pandemic and it's very likely, no vaccine will ever be found. COVID-19 so far has a mortality rate similar to the Spanish Flu and without a cure. It's bad news multiplied by bad news. We may have to live with COVID-19 forever. We need to get this virus out of the human body. That is why you see the actions governments are taking. If we lose this fight and allow this virus to live side by side with us like the common cold, you will see economies shattered, life expectancy severely decreased, and quarantines as a normal part of life every time there is an outbreak. Humanity will go into a decline. How far? Let's hope we don't learn the answer to that.

Fund the audits, spread the word and educate people, write your politicians and other elected officials. Stay active in the fight to save our country. Over 220 generals and admirals say we are in a fight for our survival like no other time since 1776.

Offline Boethius

listen, I have been telling you all the truth!!!!!

millions!!!!!

http://tinyurl.com/qwqaq33

BO, can you get into a sparsely populated region north of the 30th parallel, Alberta or some place if so, go!!!
i don't know the Canadian numbers
USA's are going up like a rocket
it really is the end of us

and it really is gonna be millions, question is only how MANY millions...

I assume you mean latitudes? 

Alberta's northern border is on the 60th parallel, its southern border is the 49th parallel.  If you meant far north, I don't know if that would make too much difference.  There have now been cases reported in all Alberta's health regions, including the north region, which only has a population of 440,000.  Here, COVID-19 has hit almost every age group, from 0-4 to 70-79.   The only age group not hit is 80 years and older.  There are still less than 100 cases, but the number is doubling every day.  Five of those individuals have been hospitalized, 2 are in ICU.  Six cases are non travel related, all individuals having contracted the illness at a gathering in a home, from a patient who had recently returned from out of country.  All other cases are travel related.

Today, six provinces have declared a state of emergency.  In my province, all surgeries have been cancelled, all public gatherings of over 50 people have been banned, restaurants are supposed to move to take out only, schools are closed (though teachers and staff are still working), universities have moved to online course work only, and a lot of people are working from home.  I had to go out today, and I breezed home during rush hour traffic, there was virtually no traffic, less than on a typical day at 10 a.m. or 10 p.m.  The reason for all of this is because virtually all our healthcare is fully government operated and funded.  That means that if a pandemic hits the population, hospitals would be completely overwhelmed.  So, the intention is to flatten the curve of the disease.

I stopped to buy pork chops for our son's dinner.  None at the first grocery store I went to (not in my neighbourhood, but where I had an appointment), but there were still some at my local grocer (same chain).  The store I visited first was near the university, and it had no chicken or pork, some beef (it's pricier), and also didn't have a lot of good produce.  My local grocer had a full variety of produce.  I even picked up kale to make the better half a brussels sprout/kale salad. 

All the junk food was on sale - chips, chocolate bars, cookies - just the healthy foods required if you're coughing your lungs out.  That was the same at Safeway.  I'm not certain why, I assume they're clearing out for new stock, but it was moving.  I can't say the same about the kale - three types available, full racks. ;D

Still no soap, but the local grocer did have toilet paper, with a limit on how many packages could be purchased.

I heard on my drive home that China was basically shut down for eight weeks, and life there is now resuming to normal.  I also heard that Taiwan has been very successful at stopping the spread of COVID-19 through an aggressive campaign of tracking and isolating travellers.

In my own case, I'm not concerned.  It's not likely I will get COVID-19, and if I do, it's not likely I will die.  However, if I die, I die.  I'm not afraid of death and frankly, it's more likely to arrive at the hands of the maniacs on our roads.

« Last Edit: March 19, 2020, 05:05:03 PM by Boethius »
After the fall of communism, the biggest mistake Boris Yeltsin's regime made was not to disband the KGB altogether. Instead it changed its name to the FSB and, to many observers, morphed into a gangster organisation, eventually headed by master criminal Vladimir Putin. - Gerard Batten

Online krimster2

• He/Him
latitudes, yes....

please read this

http://www.scmp.com/news/china/science/article/3074970/coronavirus-becomes-pandemic-scientists-ask-if-lines-map-hold

I haven't followed this too closely because it doesn't pertain to my situation, but does to yours
in terms of possibly having a favorable latitude...
might be worth investigating in your spare time

based on the numbers, I see two things
first thing...
18 year olds and under have much HIGHER resistance than someone your age BO...
you can both be standing next to each other in line at the Molsen's store buying some beer, eh
and the 18 year old won't be so easily infected as you...
if not already, then soon you need to have a young person be your shopper and NOT you!!!

also, if they do get it, much less severe symptoms than you...
as long as someone supplies them with food, they will be back on their feet in 2 weeks
and they will then be immune to 1 strain!

the slope on the American rate of new infection, means we are now today just entering the exponential phase
it's going up like a FREAKIN ROCKET now...

it cannot possibly be more than a few days before we do a nationwide quarantine like Italy...
I would expect it no later than the end of this week

then with so many at home instead of at work, there will be a massive run on all the stores...
while production and supply will be slowing and then stopping

by next week, stores will have a more restrictive shopping policy
and there will be long lines

only a certain number of customers allowed in at a time and you must be sprayed
then the store guard stops the line
and when one customer leaves
he then allows a new one in
so the line just crawls...
hours for just a few items

they will start restricting the number of items you can buy at a time, 3-2- and then 1...
and then the store is only open 3 days per week, and the lines are even longer...

and after that, human scavengers and predators start appearing...
some of whom ran out of food and money and have kids to feed...
while others are just plain evil bastards

at some point in the next month, the military will show up here in my area
to setup at least one supervised field hospital and food distribution point...

to cope, my youngest daughter is keeping a journal like Anne Frank
a diary of her life in hiding
from the evil encroaching upon Amsterdam
« Last Edit: March 17, 2020, 07:48:32 PM by krimster2 »

Offline fathertime

Some observations from today.    It seems the people in LA are falling into to camps.  Unfortunately I'm running into the camp that is disregarding all the warnings, myself included.  Because of this, I'm considering closing down shop until this virus is taken more seriously by more people.  I had numerous people get way too close to me, and try to shake my hand.  If anything personal space was reduced, and I'm losing my comfort with that at the moment. 

Most of the old people I work around are still showing up to work 3 out of the 4 at least.  Overall the noose seems to be tightening though.  I went out to get some fast food after work at Panda, (So as to not deplete my supply at home) but it was closed, and I noticed almost all fast food places were closed except for drive thru.  I decided to hit walmart and see if there were any scraps there for me, the shelves were near barren for real this time.  I did manage to get some canned peaches, a loaf of organic bread, a block of xtra sharp cheese and 5 bottles of 'Smart water'   which was the max.

Went to visit my dad in the nursing home, from outside I could see his curtains were drawn and room was dark.   I knocked on the main entrance which normally one of the attendants will either open or at least greet guests through the door...this time crickets.  It seems the attendants were all gone and the ship is running without a captain.   

Fathertime! 

Offline fathertime

Although we are weeks behind Italy in test kits, our human bodies react to the virus are the same. We would be seeing overloads in our hospitals right now from people being sick if we were as bad off as Italy. It's not happening.

No bodies piling up just yet but it is very early and we sure don't seem to be helping ourselves.   Due to 'rugged individualism' here in the US many people disregard warnings.  It seems that shortly we will find out how well our medical system can handle what seems to be coming. 

Fathertime! 

Offline Chelseaboy

• Trips: 1 - 3
Billy,

Without me going through the whole thread why do you assume no vaccine will be found for Corona virus ?
Just saying it like it is.

Offline Boethius

latitudes, yes....

please read this

http://www.scmp.com/news/china/science/article/3074970/coronavirus-becomes-pandemic-scientists-ask-if-lines-map-hold

I haven't followed this too closely because it doesn't pertain to my situation, but does to yours
in terms of possibly having a favorable latitude...
might be worth investigating in your spare time

based on the numbers, I see two things
first thing...
18 year olds and under have much HIGHER resistance than someone your age BO...
you can both be standing next to each other in line at the Molsen's store buying some beer, eh
and the 18 year old won't be so easily infected as you...
if not already, then soon you need to have a young person be your shopper and NOT you!!!

also, if they do get it, much less severe symptoms than you...
as long as someone supplies them with food, they will be back on their feet in 2 weeks
and they will then be immune to 1 strain!

the slope on the American rate of new infection, means we are now today just entering the exponential phase
it's going up like a FREAKIN ROCKET now...

it cannot possibly be more than a few days before we do a nationwide quarantine like Italy...
I would expect it no later than the end of this week

then with so many at home instead of at work, there will be a massive run on all the stores...
while production and supply will be slowing and then stopping

by next week, stores will have a more restrictive shopping policy
and there will be long lines

only a certain number of customers allowed in at a time and you must be sprayed
then the store guard stops the line
and when one customer leaves
he then allows a new one in
so the line just crawls...
hours for just a few items

they will start restricting the number of items you can buy at a time, 3-2- and then 1...
and then the store is only open 3 days per week, and the lines are even longer...

and after that, human scavengers and predators start appearing...
some of whom ran out of food and money and have kids to feed...
while others are just plain evil bastards

at some point in the next month, the military will show up here in my area
to setup at least one supervised field hospital and food distribution point...

Both my province’s major cities are above the 50th parallel.

There are no Molson’s stores, and I don’t drink beer. 😀. Our boys do, but primarily local craft beers.

I understand I have a greater risk of dying than an 18 year old, but I’m still not worried.

Stores here are setting up shopping between 6 am and 8:30 am for seniors, but I’m not a senior.

We have enough food to last at least a month without leaving the house, as I buy things like tuna, canned sockeye salmon, beans, rice, and pasta (De Cecco-we’re not uncivilized) in bulk on sale. I buy canned fish for a year at a time, as it only goes on sale once a year, I have the space to store it, and I’m too Ukrainian to not take advantage of saving $5.00 per package of fish. The only thing I’d miss if I couldn’t go out or I couldn’t buy are fruits and vegetables.

If there really are food shortages, I will buy a couple bags of flour, butter, potatoes, sauerkraut, and onions. I’ll then make and freeze two months worth of pyrohy.

Hubby is an expert marksman (in the entire Northern Fleet, only one Chukcha was a better shot), and my father has rifles and ammunition. There is a lot of game in the city and just outside (can’t shoot within city limits, obviously).  Hubby is also an expert fisherman.  I doubt, though, that things will deteriorate to that degree.

« Last Edit: March 17, 2020, 11:12:33 PM by Boethius »

Offline BillyB

Tell your daughter during times of crisis, it doesn't end well for those who keep a diary.

Evil is coming but it isn't from Amsterdam. Governments are scaring and quarantining people after they released a biological weapon. Governments will announce a vaccine to be given at all arenas and stadiums around the world. First come, first serve. We rush to get the vaccine like we do toilet paper. Humans will be herded like cattle and locked up. Aliens will come down to earth and collect half the humans on earth. Children and women are priority since they are tasty and can reproduce to supply the aliens with a continuous source of food. That is why the virus is designed to kill old people and men. Aliens don't want us. What do government officials get out of this? A lifetime supply of toilet paper.

Billy,

Without me going through the whole thread why do you assume no vaccine will be found for Corona virus ?

I don't assume. I know history and history shown there is no vaccine for cold viruses after a 100 years of trying. Coronaviruses can cause the common cold, MERS and SARS. COVID-19 is another coronavirus related to cold coronaviruses. Here's what I posted previously.....

SARS came out in 2002. It is a coronavirus which is related to the cold virus. It's been 18 years and there is no vaccine or antiviral medicine on earth. Our best and brightest minds have failed to find anything so the only thing available is supportive care. Your immune system is the only defense against the virus.

http://middlesexhealth.org/learning-center/definitions/severe-acute-respiratory-syndrome

MERS came out in 2012. It is also a coronavirus. It's been 8 years and no antiviral medicine or vaccine has ever been made. Your immunity system is the only defense.

http://www.who.int/news-room/q-a-detail/middle-east-respiratory-syndrome-coronavirus-(mers-cov)

COVID-19 is worse than those two. Bill Gates, who has lots of experience fighting epidemics, said COVID-19 behaves like the once in a century virus we've always worried about. Do not expect a cure or treatment to be ever invented.

So I hope everybody understands why governments are taking the actions they've been taking. They can't tell the full truth because it will cause panic. The media can't even tell the full truth to cause panic because they aren't given enough information. Media in turn reports on possible vaccine to be discovered and low death rate but they are wrong. When governments say self isolate, take their advice. Don't be a victim. There will be routine outbreaks in our regions for as long as COVID-19 is in somebody's body and with outbreaks come lock downs. Bill Gates recently retired from the Microsoft board. He's going to focus on philanthropy. My guess is he's going to dedicate fighting COVID-19 full time.

Understanding these things and understanding China's reports are lies have led me to stock up on food. I've never done that before with past pandemics. I didn't even post about other pandemics  in the past on the forum because they didn't worry me. If Noah asked me to get on his ark telling a story a dangerous virus that can threaten humanity is here on earth, I would do so for this virus. I'm prepared. I don't need to panic shop. I'm not an expert in virology, epidemics or vaccines but I know history and most of the reporting educating us about this virus is BS.
Fund the audits, spread the word and educate people, write your politicians and other elected officials. Stay active in the fight to save our country. Over 220 generals and admirals say we are in a fight for our survival like no other time since 1776.

Online Faux Pas

The doom and gloom from every angle is seriously deafening. Assume for just a moment that there is no pandemic. Assume there is another wave of flu moving across the globe that is infectious and will kill people. Assume that it is no different than the influenza we experience yearly. There is no anti-virus for this one yet. There was no anti virus for all previous viruses either. Why is this perspective being totally ignored?

With that said,  something is afoot. Somebody wants you scared. When you number is up guess what? You'll fail to exist. Is it the flu or you get hit by a truck you'll still be dead. The fear being instilled in you will be the culprit or lead to your death. It's fear that is being pumped into your psyche 24/7. Most of you guys only compound it. You should all be questioning why?

Online krimster2

• He/Him

this will explain why it is all a hoax to end the economy to defeat Trump
so OF COURSE you in particular should PAY NO ATTENTION TO IT!!!

but only YOU, OK?

and for goodness sake DO NOT GO OUT and buy toilette paper!
don't fall for that!

BO, I don't think a month is enough for you!!!!
unfortunately, I do not know the numbers in your area

but I do for USA as a whole country

our peak will be between end of May and end of July
you need to find out when your peak is

you sure don't want to be out shopping then!

the more you do now, the safer it is
« Last Edit: March 17, 2020, 10:14:34 PM by krimster2 »

Offline BillyB

The doom and gloom from every angle is seriously deafening. Assume for just a moment that there is no pandemic. Assume there is another wave of flu moving across the globe that is infectious and will kill people. Assume that it is no different than the influenza we experience yearly. There is no anti-virus for this one yet. There was no anti virus for all previous viruses either. Why is this perspective being totally ignored?

They can't afford to assume. They have an idea how deadly this virus is, how fast it spreads, and know we can't afford to live with it forever. First they say no group gathering over 250. Then no group gatherings over 50. Now it's no group gathering over 10. The rules are changing fast, real fast. I know someone who knows a TSA agent at the airport. They are now talking about preparing for the next step. No work and everybody self isolate at home. Article below gives a idea about predictions made by experts that our government officials get to read. If America and Briton does nothing, over 2 million Americans will be dead and over half a million Britons will be dead during the outbreak. Of course there will be more future outbreaks if a cure isn't found. Experts provided models to show reduced deaths by limiting group size and self isolation.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/a-chilling-scientific-paper-helped-upend-us-and-uk-coronavirus-strategies/ar-BB11jVNP?ocid=spartanntp

Nevada orders shutdown of all non essential businesses and all casinos. Tourism accounts for 40% of Nevada's economy. The whole state is closed for business and tourism.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/breaking-sisolak-announces-statewide-shutdown-of-nonessential-businesses-casinos/ar-BB11kEx1?ocid=spartanntp

Offline Boethius

With that said,  something is afoot. Somebody wants you scared. When you number is up guess what? You'll fail to exist. Is it the flu or you get hit by a truck you'll still be dead. The fear being instilled in you will be the culprit or lead to your death. It's fear that is being pumped into your psyche 24/7. Most of you guys only compound it. You should all be questioning why?

As pointed to previously, the issue is not Coronavirus itself, but rather, that pandemics at their peak mean not every patient can be treated.  We know when to expect the flu, and we know the mortality rate (a fraction of the COVID-19 rate, to date).

Unlike in China, in the West, hospitals can't be built in 10 days.

I don't believe the fear is being created.  I think it's just the way people interpret things.  And then, when others see the panic buying, or read or hear media reports of shortages, that sends them into panic mode. 

I believe in my area, the shortages of meat are caused by people anticipating they will have to stay home and cook, rather than go out to eat.  I've seen people purchasing 3 year supplies of rice (which I doubt will be in short supply).  I think this, too, is in anticipation of being confined at home, though why they buy so much is a mystery to me (it's not on sale, and will likely get bugs before it's all consumed).

Oh, and a vaccine was developed for SARS.  It took almost 2 years, but has not been tested on humans.   Like most viruses, though, SARS mutates. So, just like the flu vaccine, it's a hit and miss as to whether any vaccine will treat a specific virus, or a related, but mutated virus.  However, receiving shots increases immunity over time.  A possible vaccine for COVID-19 has already been tested on human subjects.

« Last Edit: March 17, 2020, 11:25:43 PM by Boethius »

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8884
Latest: Eugeneecott
New This Month: 0
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 541457
Total Topics: 20864
Most Online Today: 1973
Most Online Ever: 12701