It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: Ukrainian Girls Height  (Read 4772 times)

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
  • Spouse's Country: Ukraine
  • Trips: 4 - 10
Ukrainian Girls Height
« on: November 30, 2018, 01:00:47 AM »
Been noticing over the last year & recent look ups that a lot of Ukrainian Girls seem more often than not to be quite short. Often I see profiles of girls online who are 5ft 4" as a common profile height. Have others on here found the same?

For me while it's not the biggest issue on my list nor a deal breaker the problem is that I'm 6ft. I tend to find a girl of between 5ft 6" to 5ft 8" probably the ideal height wise. That way she doesn't over sail me with high heels on nor do I have to stoop down for stuff like kissing. I think it's also a more comfortable height difference when in bed. Like I say though it's not the be all & end all its just a convience issue. I kind of get the impression it's a national character make up out there that a lot of the women are on the shorter side there do you think?
"If you make your own bread, then and only then, are you a free man unchained and alive living in pooty tang paradise, or say no and live in Incel island with all the others." - Krimster

Online 2tallbill

• Living the dream
  • Spouse's Country: Russia
  • Trips: > 10
Ukrainian Girls Height
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2018, 08:51:11 AM »
Been noticing over the last year & recent look ups that a lot of Ukrainian Girls seem more often than not to be quite short. Often I see profiles of girls online who are 5ft 4" as a common profile height. Have others on here found the same?

For me while it's not the biggest issue on my list nor a deal breaker the problem is that I'm 6ft. I tend to find a girl of between 5ft 6" to 5ft 8" probably the ideal height wise. That way she doesn't over sail me with high heels on nor do I have to stoop down for stuff like kissing. I think it's also a more comfortable height difference when in bed. Like I say though it's not the be all & end all its just a convience issue. I kind of get the impression it's a national character make up out there that a lot of the women are on the shorter side there do you think?

I used Google, search terms   "average female height by country"
http://chartsbin.com/view/38920
http://www.averageheight.co/average-female-height-by-country

FSUW are not for entry level daters
FSUW don't do vague
FSUW like a man of action. Be a man of action 
If you find a promising girl, get your butt on a plane.
There are a hundred ways to be successful and a thousand ways to f#ck it up
Just kiss the girl, don't ask her first. Tolerate NO excuses!

Offline ML

Re: Ukrainian Girls Height
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2018, 11:26:11 AM »
Big Bill's chart shows Ukrainian gals avg height as 5 foot 5 inches.
That is the same that I found when I was searching way back when.
I also prefer gals 5 foot 6 inches to 5 foot 8 inches, but would take 5 foot 4 inches to 5 foot 10 inches.
I liked the 5 foot 10 inch gals, but think they wanted someone taller than my 6 foot.

Luckily I married 5 foot 6 and half inches.
A beautiful woman is pleasant to look at, but it is easier to live with a pleasant acting one.

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
  • Trips: 4 - 10
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2018, 11:46:40 AM »
Thanks for that Bill, looks like I could get a girl about an inch talker by going to Ukraine rather than UK which surprised me.

I find even being just 6ft can be awkward with girls 5ft 4" or less. Though if you're 5ft 8" or less apparently your a short guy which can be a real bugbear with some women I hear. Strange as I would have though that sort of height a lot more convenient for the 5ft 4 in girls & below.

Like you ML I would go for a 5ft 4" girl, many that height can be pretty hot, but it's not the most conveinient height for someone our height I find also. Less that that it would depend upon the girl but it would be a real wrench being bent double every time kissing was involved, never mind the rest. Special consideration would no doubt have to be allowed for such as kissing while sitting down to ease the awkwardness I guess.
"If you make your own bread, then and only then, are you a free man unchained and alive living in pooty tang paradise, or say no and live in Incel island with all the others." - Krimster

Offline Boethius

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: No Selection
« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2018, 02:17:07 PM »
This has to be the stupidest thread I've read here in some time, and that's saying something, given the competition.

This post was composed without the aid of google.
After the fall of communism, the biggest mistake Boris Yeltsin's regime made was not to disband the KGB altogether. Instead it changed its name to the FSB and, to many observers, morphed into a gangster organisation, eventually headed by master criminal Vladimir Putin. - Gerard Batten

Offline DaveNY

« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2018, 02:27:17 PM »
This has to be the stupidest thread I've read here in some time, and that's saying something, given the competition.

I don't think so. After all one of my wife's physical attributes that attracted me to her is the fact that she's 6'2". She was also attracted to me because I'm 6'8".

I know many tall women who would not date a man who is shorter than themselves. Many men won't date a woman who is taller. So these types of discussions happen all the time.

Boethius what about a thread about women who won't date men who earn less than they do? That's another popular topic with woman.

Offline Boethius

« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2018, 02:38:09 PM »
You are an outlier. 

All Trenchcoat has to do is put parameters in his search, so it's still a stupid thread.

I don't know any women who care if their husbands outearn them.  But I don't hang out with superficial people (other than virtually).

After the fall of communism, the biggest mistake Boris Yeltsin's regime made was not to disband the KGB altogether. Instead it changed its name to the FSB and, to many observers, morphed into a gangster organisation, eventually headed by master criminal Vladimir Putin. - Gerard Batten

Offline GQBlues

• Trips: None (yet)
« Reply #7 on: November 30, 2018, 02:44:36 PM »
I don't think so. After all one of my wife's physical attributes that attracted me to her is the fact that she's 6'2". She was also attracted to me because I'm 6'8".

I know many tall women who would not date a man who is shorter than themselves. Many men won't date a woman who is taller. So these types of discussions happen all the time.

Boethius what about a thread about women who won't date men who earn less than they do? That's another popular topic with woman.

LMAO! All these silly absolutions in generalities..

I'm 5'8" and my wife is a shade 6.0' tall. I've dated more than a few women who were over 6' tall. One was a semi-pro beach volleyballer, 6'3". A couple were models. One, a playboy centerfold.

I was told I won't be successful in Russia because of my ethnicity.  :rolleyes:

I read all over these sites before that no RW would ever agree to meet a man who plans on meeting other women...I was told I was BS'ing right at the time of my trip report meeting a variety of women. Two of which even looked at each other.

...and one and on and on...I'm not sure why other men's personal sense of prohibitive perspective is always projected unto everyone else.
Quote from: msmob
1. Because of 'man', global warming is causing desert and arid areas to suffer long, dry spell.
2. The 2018 Camp Fire and Woolsey California wildfires are forests burning because of global warming.
3. N95 mask will choke you dead after 30 min. of use.

Offline DaveNY

« Reply #8 on: November 30, 2018, 02:50:17 PM »
You are an outlier. 

All Trenchcoat has to do is put parameters in his search, so it's still a stupid thread.

I don't know any women who care if their husbands outearn them.  But I don't hang out with superficial people (other than virtually).

You must live in a small city. In NYC and other cities on the US east coast such as Philly, Boston and DC it is a valid topic of conversation by many single women. Not only that but many single women want men from certain professions. For instance, even if a man makes a very good living as a plumber that is not good enough for some single women because he's a tradesman. Some single women want their high earning future husband to be a doctor or lawyer or banker or hedge fund manager but definitely not someone in the trades.

IOW these single women are not only looking for a high earning future husband but a high earning future husband who has a professional, prestigious career. Maybe it's just a difference between Canadian and American women?

Offline Boethius

« Reply #9 on: November 30, 2018, 02:57:43 PM »
Perhaps. 

I have American cousins.  One is a high earning CPA, who has always outearned her husband.  The other was in HR in a publicly traded corporation (she started with the founder when they were a two man outfit, and eventually moved to HR).  She didn't marry until her forties, and her husband by then was retired, so she outearned him and is working, so still does outearn him.  Another is a physician, who also outearns her husband.  A male cousin is married to a woman who owns several car dealerships.  She is seriously wealthy (no prenup), and he pretty much lives off her wealth. 

One can find gold diggers everywhere.  It's just not a subset of individuals I personally would socialize with.

BTW, I have 4 male cousins who are either 6'7 or 6'8.  One has a wife who is 5'1".  One has a wife who is 5'3.  The other two have wives who are under 5'5", but I can't say exactly what their heights are.  All managed to produce several children.

« Last Edit: November 30, 2018, 11:34:13 PM by Boethius »

Online 2tallbill

• Living the dream
Ukrainian Girls Height
« Reply #10 on: November 30, 2018, 02:59:53 PM »
Thanks for that Bill, looks like I could get a girl about an inch talker by going to Ukraine rather than UK which surprised me.

I find even being just 6ft can be awkward with girls 5ft 4" or less. Though if you're 5ft 8" or less apparently your a short guy which can be a real bugbear with some women I hear. Strange as I would have though that sort of height a lot more convenient for the 5ft 4 in girls & below.

Like you ML I would go for a 5ft 4" girl, many that height can be pretty hot, but it's not the most conveinient height for someone our height I find also. Less that that it would depend upon the girl but it would be a real wrench being bent double every time kissing was involved, never mind the rest. Special consideration would no doubt have to be allowed for such as kissing while sitting down to ease the awkwardness I guess.

You guys are 6' tall, not 7' talking like you are lumbering giants. Trench If you want
to narrow your search perimeters go ahead, but you really need to have a wide net
with all your quirkiness to find a good girl. 

If you find a 5' 2" tall excellent girl who can put up with all your idiosyncrasies
then you would be a complete idiot to dismiss her because of her height. 

Angel Eyes is a foot shorter than I am and I have zero problems kissing her.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2018, 03:07:29 PM by 2tallbill »
FSUW don't do vague

Offline DaveNY

« Reply #11 on: November 30, 2018, 03:00:18 PM »

I'm 5'8" and my wife is a shade 6.0' tall. I've dated more than a few women who were over 6' tall. One was a semi-pro beach volleyballer, 6'3". A couple were models. One, a playboy centerfold.

I read all over these sites before that no RW would ever agree to meet a man who plans on meeting other women...I was told I was BS'ing right at the time of my trip report meeting a variety of women. Two of which even looked at each other.

...and one and on and on...I'm not sure why other men's personal sense of prohibitive perspective is always projected unto everyone else.

Today for many in Russia a man or woman's ethnicity doesn't matter much when dating in Russia unless either is black. Walk around Moscow or Spb and you see many couples who are obviously of different ethnicities. The stans and parts of the Russian Far East have significant Asian populations many of whom have moved to Moscow and other western Russian cities in search of a better life.

There is still a significant degree of discrimination and outright hatred of blacks in Moscow although I'm told it is not as bad as it was. 

Offline Boethius

« Reply #12 on: November 30, 2018, 03:03:46 PM »
Today for many in Russia a man or woman's ethnicity doesn't matter much when dating in Russia unless either is black. Walk around Moscow or Spb and you see many couples who are obviously of different ethnicities. The stans and parts of the Russian Far East have significant Asian populations many of whom have moved to Moscow and other western Russian cities in search of a better life.

That was the case in Soviet times as well.

Online 2tallbill

• Living the dream
Ukrainian Girls Height
« Reply #13 on: November 30, 2018, 03:18:25 PM »

In the unlikely event that Trenchcoat finds a girl in the FSU who is sincere, 
with good intentions, and can put up with his all his eccentricities but then
he rejects her in the end because he needs to bend over to kiss her would
make this the most ridiculous thread in forum history. 

FSUW don't do vague

Offline SteveInBoston

• Trips: 1 - 3
« Reply #14 on: November 30, 2018, 03:41:16 PM »
I'm 5'6", wifey to be is 5'9".  No issues. 

I initially limited search to women 5'7" or less.  I'm glad she hunted me down.

It's awesome when she helps get things off a high shelf instead of reaching for the step stool.

Offline ML

« Reply #15 on: November 30, 2018, 09:07:28 PM »
I'm 5'6", wifey to be is 5'9".  No issues. 

From whose perspective?

I was on first date with gal who was around 5 foot 11 inches to my 6 foot.

After lunch when we were walking around, I asked her how tall her two teenage sons were.

She said:  "They make you look like a midget."

I didn't ask for a second date.
A beautiful woman is pleasant to look at, but it is easier to live with a pleasant acting one.

Offline Davo2

« Reply #16 on: November 30, 2018, 09:57:59 PM »
Trench, I have a thing for small petite women, if she's brunette even better.

My ex wife was 5'3", 45kg... Over the last 4 years I've had either  casual or committed relationships with nine women. Only one was over 5'4" and I never even thought about the issues you have with height.

I've got a friends with benefits situation happening ATM, with a girl I met a few weeks ago. She's 5' 1" and  won't go into details, but there's things she can do in bed that a tall woman can't very easily. If you're not a weight lifter, being with a small women also has it's advantages it you want to get really creative.

That's all beside the point, as once you get past initial attraction, there are far more important things to look for in a woman than height, weight, the way she dresses, her drive for a career and believe it or not sex.

You're over thinking and getting lost in the less important details. I too lost my way over thinking things during the last few months and realised nothing is certain. As much as you can plan how you would like things to go, it rarely happens that way, especially when women are involved.

Realistically, you should be able to spend a week on the site and learn all you need to be successful. Put it together with your past experiences of dating and relationships and then go away and put it in practice (except for maybe logistical issues)

Forget all these little issues that side track you constantly, it takes your eyes off the real goal. You've learnt all you can on this site and the time you spend here is better spent speed dating locally. That's what I'm doing weekly ATM. I'm less than 4 months from travelling and brushing up on my conversation skills with a captive audience with  wide range of personalities.

If you hone your skills and can make a woman laugh in the first 30 seconds and opening up emotionally with in the first 5, you're well on your way to success.

I said it before,  unless you are naturally talented, you wouldn't take part in an international sporting event if you haven't been practicing with some local competition first... Dating is no different, practice makes perfect, especially on your own admission that you struggle with deep conversations on first dates.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2018, 12:19:21 AM by Davo2 »

Offline msmob

« Reply #17 on: November 30, 2018, 11:33:06 PM »

I've got a friends with benefits situation happening ATM, with a girl I met a few weeks ago. She's 5' 1" and  won't go into details

Trench will want you to...  ;)

Seriously, I agree with Boethius about the thread, but then how many threads on here wouldn't have intelligent aliens wondering if they had come to visit us too early in our evolution process ?...

I seem to haven chosen LTR partners that are 164 ish cm and I'm 179-180cm    SC lied on her long-time 'unvisited' profiles  and claimed to be 164cm - when in reality she is probably 4cm less ...   

In my search parameters she would have been 'excluded' - if she had been truthful ... so this is one lie I was happy about ...

Clearly many men prefer taller women - so she - correctly - identified this as a 'barrier' to finding a bloke ...

'Coz YOU are an outlier, too ? ;)
« Last Edit: December 01, 2018, 12:00:40 AM by msmob »

Offline Davo2

« Reply #18 on: December 01, 2018, 12:41:41 AM »
Trench will want you to...  ;)
Trench needs to forget theoretical situations, start enjoying what's on his doorstep and he'll experience this for himself, even if he's not seriously looking locally. 

There are so many divorced middle aged women looking for uncomplicated fun, why not take advantage of the situation, while he's struggling finding someone overseas?.... any time spent in the company  of a woman can only help. 

« Last Edit: December 01, 2018, 12:50:21 AM by Davo2 »

Offline SteveInBoston

• Trips: 1 - 3
« Reply #19 on: December 01, 2018, 01:16:36 AM »
From whose perspective?

I was on first date with gal who was around 5 foot 11 inches to my 6 foot.

After lunch when we were walking around, I asked her how tall her two teenage sons were.

She said:  "They make you look like a midget."

I didn't ask for a second date.

From both?  All activities have been fine.  We haven't danced yet, tango and waltz might require adjustments.   The other type of "tango" has been fantastic.

Perhaps the only issue is trying to put my arms around her shoulders when we go for a stroll.  We just hold hands.

I would prefer taller kids, tbh.

Offline ML

« Reply #20 on: December 01, 2018, 01:33:54 PM »

That's all beside the point, as once you get past initial attraction, there are far more important things to look for in a woman than height, weight, the way she dresses, her drive for a career and believe it or not sex.

I agree there are other important considerations.

However, I would assert that the above are also important considerations.

Any one of the above items can become a feature that is bothersome to the man/woman and will fester over time.

Online 2tallbill

• Living the dream
« Reply #21 on: December 01, 2018, 02:36:28 PM »
I agree there are other important considerations.

However, I would assert that the above are also important considerations.

Any one of the above items can become a feature that is bothersome to the man/woman and will fester over time.

If it's important to you, it's important to you and by all means use that in your
search criteria. The number of women 4-6 inches shorter than me was too small
of a search group for me. Finding a girl who liked all the same freaky stuff I did
was more important to me that finding a girl over 6 foot tall.
FSUW don't do vague

Offline Jumper

« Reply #22 on: December 01, 2018, 07:24:10 PM »

I remember some of that lol

I was also told a lot of silly things like I had to be clean shaven , shorter clipped hair style, nice euro thin pants or jeans,  etc etc etc etc etc.
Amused me greatly as I hadnt asked for advice on anything  like that , and had lived several years in europe,was seldom without female interests despite my never giving much thought to any fashion statement and having a beard or stubble 99% of the time. Just like now.lol(but I'll readily admit my wife prefers that I shave)
As far as height we've had  many threads on the mans height or womans heigth.
Mostly silly as whom a person ultimately loves is seldom so easily quantifiable.

TC, forget all the categorizing , just meet women you find even remotely interesting  until you find one you cant live without.
Doesnt mean she will feel.the same, so you will likely have to endure that like most folk on the planet, and rinse and repeat several times.
It's why there are a million poems,novels, songs,plays,and movies  about it.

I give you full credit for getting out there,wherever *there* is,because sitting at home wont cut it.
But try not to get too wrapped up in the details,  love is pretty unpredictable ,so just be open to meeting most anyone who fancies you.

I dont think I ever had some clearly defined  list of personality traits or physical traits or fashion traits I wanted in a partner.
I could be interested in a fairly wide range,and a persons height certainly never mattered to me (yes it may have to them)
  They either caught my attention from the start with personality /humor, intelligence, appearance, and similar ethics or they dint.Im sure it was always equally the same for them. I'd say it was normally in the first ten minutes or less.

So why spend days or months or years defining some list that is very unlikely to define the person you end up with?
You'll know it when you meet them, and often they might be quite different  than any  carefully laid out plan.

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8883
Latest: Leroy14
New This Month: 1
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 540997
Total Topics: 20849
Most Online Today: 2004
Most Online Ever: 12701
(January 14, 2020, 07:04:55 AM)
Users Online
Members: 10
Guests: 1993
Total: 2003

+-Recent Posts

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Yesterday at 09:20:42 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Infoman
Yesterday at 09:12:54 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Yesterday at 09:02:12 PM

American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Infoman
Yesterday at 08:45:42 PM

Re: What to do by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 07:59:27 PM

Ukrainian refugee working for me now by ML
Yesterday at 07:04:53 PM

Ukrainian refugee working for me now by ML
Yesterday at 06:59:45 PM

Re: What to do by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 06:57:42 PM

Re: If you don't know what you are talking about, post away anyway by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 06:36:52 PM

Re: Twenty Years... and Counting (MarkInTx Update) by supranatural
Yesterday at 03:02:29 PM