It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: Trench's Questions and Philosophies  (Read 458630 times)

Offline ML

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
  • Trips: > 10
Re: Trench's Questions and Philosophies
« Reply #2050 on: August 09, 2018, 09:07:55 PM »
I've probably looked at over 1000 on DM and the same on f dating and only have maybe 100 on my favourites list

I hope you don't have Irena or Natasha on your list.
A beautiful woman is pleasant to look at, but it is easier to live with a pleasant acting one.

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
  • Trips: 4 - 10
« Reply #2051 on: August 09, 2018, 10:09:10 PM »
I've probably looked at over 1000 on DM and the same on f dating and only have maybe 100 on my favourites list

True, some will look through more profiles than others. I generally go by the top profile pic, after viewing her other profile pics on her profile page I then make a determination if I will message her or pass over on her. I generally only message about a quarter to a third of profiles I view at a guess I would say. Even still I reckon they still get a fair bit if mailing a month, particularly the more attractive ones.
"If you make your own bread, then and only then, are you a free man unchained and alive living in pooty tang paradise, or say no and live in Incel island with all the others." - Krimster

Offline rwd123

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
« Reply #2052 on: August 10, 2018, 12:48:56 AM »
Girls have their opinions on why guys post certain photos. Your chances of looking like a sex tourist goes up. Early in your communications you can mention you been to the FSU.
I disagree. Girls can become curious and interested in you because you have been in her town before. Not every FSU city is a Turkish sex bazar.

You should have lots of women to choose from at ALL times.
This I agree with.  It really isn't difficult to meet girls... if you speak some Russian, have money, good personality, and don't look like a horse's ass. Or Turkish! Sorry but there is no saving some guys, women are not seeking escape and a foreigner to rescue them.

Russia didn't take over Crimea with drones controlled from Moscow. Guys should just pick a country and get on a plane. Even if you have dead end dates you can treat it as a recon mission and get some "combat experience".

I'm not advocating village sex tours or pawning cosmetic kits, but I agree with just about all of Krimster's dating advice. He just nails it IMO.

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
« Reply #2053 on: August 10, 2018, 06:20:58 AM »
I disagree. Girls can become curious and interested in you because you have been in her town before. Not every FSU city is a Turkish sex bazar.
This I agree with.  It really isn't difficult to meet girls... if you speak some Russian, have money, good personality, and don't look like a horse's ass. Or Turkish! Sorry but there is no saving some guys, women are not seeking escape and a foreigner to rescue them.

Russia didn't take over Crimea with drones controlled from Moscow. Guys should just pick a country and get on a plane. Even if you have dead end dates you can treat it as a recon mission and get some "combat experience".

I'm not advocating village sex tours or pawning cosmetic kits, but I agree with just about all of Krimster's dating advice. He just nails it IMO.

The top piece of advice I am coming to agree with, even girls that live in dumpsk seem happy to live in dumpsk than let the guy use the leverage of living somewhere nice to get them to budge their stubborn little arse in a disagreement.

The bottom piece of advice I agree with too. My original intention was to go live out there this year for a bit, but that has been pushed back to at least next year as I still need to get a independent income steam on tap to give myself an easier time out there.

Visiting on a long stay if a few weeks is not bad but you need to put over a story of why you are in town that doesn't look like you are ringing up a load of girls, you just happened to stray across her profile and it interested you more than any other is what I found.
"If you make your own bread, then and only then, are you a free man unchained and alive living in pooty tang paradise, or say no and live in Incel island with all the others." - Krimster

Online krimster2

• Spouse's Country: Russia
  • Trips: Resident
« Reply #2054 on: August 10, 2018, 06:33:58 AM »
Trench,

after you finish your long term renovation project, have you ever considered moving to another location in the UK that has a bigger population and maybe other advantages as well?

Offline John Gaunt

« Reply #2055 on: August 10, 2018, 06:48:55 AM »
The top piece of advice I am coming to agree with, even girls that live in dumpsk seem happy to live in dumpsk than let the guy use the leverage of living somewhere nice to get them to budge their stubborn little arse in a disagreement.
Still trotting out that line, I see. Still think you can buy a woman’s affections with your so called superior lifestyle.
The bottom piece of advice I agree with too. My original intention was to go live out there this year for a bit, but that has been pushed back to at least next year as I still need to get a independent income steam on tap to give myself an easier time out there.

Couldn’t afford it when you started, still can’t afford it and won’t be able to afford it. Trench, you’re poor. You can’t afford a woman from the FSU. Just accept it, you’ll live a very lonely life in your mums basement or set up shop with one of those awful English girls, if they’ll have you, that is.

Offline Boethius

• Trips: No Selection
« Reply #2056 on: August 10, 2018, 07:33:30 AM »
Visiting on a long stay if a few weeks is not bad but you need to put over a story of why you are in town that doesn't look like you are ringing up a load of girls, you just happened to stray across her profile and it interested you more than any other is what I found.

They know, even if you are living there, why you are living there, and your intentions.  They also know you didn't just "happen" to come across their profiles.  You really are obtuse.

Oh, and you ignored krimster's advice about needing money.
After the fall of communism, the biggest mistake Boris Yeltsin's regime made was not to disband the KGB altogether. Instead it changed its name to the FSB and, to many observers, morphed into a gangster organisation, eventually headed by master criminal Vladimir Putin. - Gerard Batten

Offline BillyB

« Reply #2057 on: August 10, 2018, 07:59:36 AM »

Some girls may be interested and other girls suspicious if a guy posts a photo of once visiting their city or country. Turkish aren't the only sex tourists. While a forum of men looking for marriage may have a 1000 people online, there are sex tourist forums that sometimes number 100,000 online. Most women have experience sex tourists online. There are many more men going to the FSU for sex than for marriage. FSU women know this.

Attracting a woman is just the start. Keeping her is a whole lot harder yet so many men try so hard to initially attract a woman. After attracting a woman to reply to a first message, what's left in the tank to keep her interested?

Some guys posts photos of themselves standing in front of what they own or where they've been. It's not going to increase their chances in catch a sincere woman but it will increase their chances in catching an insincere woman.

A man's biggest sex organ is his brain. If a guy improves himself, he will have more success in everything.
Fund the audits, spread the word and educate people, write your politicians and other elected officials. Stay active in the fight to save our country. Over 220 generals and admirals say we are in a fight for our survival like no other time since 1776.

Online krimster2

« Reply #2058 on: August 10, 2018, 08:09:43 AM »
rwd123,

as the great American philosopher Clint Eastwood once said, “a man’s just gotta know his limitations”

for me that limitation is understanding a person’s internal emotional state, whatever cues are presented, end up not being detected by me, and I dread making a “faux pax” and upsetting someone

the “makeup kit” thing was a discovery and not an invention
I have traveled globally quite a bit in my life, and I developed the habit of bringing gifts with me whenever I go abroad.  so before a trip to Ukraine, I found myself on the way out of Macy’s after I just bought some clothes for my upcoming trip, and saw this bright colorful display of makeup kits, it was so “aesthetically pleasing” that I bought a bunch to hand out as gifts
when I did give these out to girls, I got one of two reactions, either the more normal, conventional reaction, or a total “happy melt-down” ending in shrieks and even tears, this was a big surprise and totally unexpected by me
and based on what happened with these girls I developed a corollary that essentially said, the girls who had the meltdowns, would absolutely be a VERY willing sexual partner with very little effort on my part, and there would be no guessing necessary, “will she or won’t she”
the makeup kit became a “discriminator” with a simple binary output, “yes or no”
if yes, I moved on to the next step, which was to offer her a much bigger present
if no, I moved on...

now back then, I wasn’t looking for what most of the guys on this board were looking for, including myself at a later time.  I was only looking to have sex and to have fun and NOT have a “relationship”  the terms of my offer were quite clear and quite specific, I could have even stated it in a legal contract (but that’d be unnecessary and ridiculous)
also the meltdown reaction correlated with age and background, girls who were younger and from a poorer background tended to have the meltdown reaction
but, as others have noted, this was “a long time ago”
in my most recent trip, (I returned just a few days ago) I brought with me iphones as presents, having bought a lot from a web site called “groupon”, my daughter switched them to Russian, and I bought a bunch of sim cards and installed them, these phones were “good to go” when presented as gifts. 

however, most of these phones were presents to young men (don’t jump to conclusions, I AM NOT bisexual or gay) these young men are all family member who are on active duty in the military of the Russian Federation.  every day, I use an app called “Track My Iphone” and as a result I am able to track the disposition of Russian military forces in the Western Russian military district, (helpful to know their unit names, which I do) I will know when these boys are “deployed”.  I also gave a few to girls, for an entirely different reason, and they COMPLETELY had the melt-down reaction

as far as the “village thing” goes, there’s an entirely different kind of girl who lives in a village, compared to one who works in an office in Kyiv, I won’t go into all the details, but the “all natural” girl, who works hard digging up the kartoshkie, and has an absolutely stunning figure as a result of low-calorie diet and vigorous physical labor is EXTREMELY appealing to me
and that’s just the physical aspect, they are even more appealing to me in their character and behavior.
however, it’s just about sex and having fun together, we never fell in love with each other
after 2 years of this, and if I told the board how many women I had sex with in Kyiv or Odessa or elsewhere, I don’t think anyone would believe me, I felt “sated” and wanted something more
and that’s when I met my wife
our attitude towards each other is COMPLETELY different, the basis of our relationship is NOT sex and having fun, (though we do plenty of that), but caring for each other and our family
I derive more benefit from the feeling of having this caring comforting relationship, then one that’s merely about sex

I know most people on this board disapprove of my behavior, I’m used to that, but I always follow my own star and I am quite happy be in the place it has led me

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
« Reply #2059 on: August 10, 2018, 09:59:15 AM »
Some girls may be interested and other girls suspicious if a guy posts a photo of once visiting their city or country. Turkish aren't the only sex tourists. While a forum of men looking for marriage may have a 1000 people online, there are sex tourist forums that sometimes number 100,000 online. Most women have experience sex tourists online. There are many more men going to the FSU for sex than for marriage. FSU women know this.

Attracting a woman is just the start. Keeping her is a whole lot harder yet so many men try so hard to initially attract a woman. After attracting a woman to reply to a first message, what's left in the tank to keep her interested?

Some guys posts photos of themselves standing in front of what they own or where they've been. It's not going to increase their chances in catch a sincere woman but it will increase their chances in catching an insincere woman.

A man's biggest sex organ is his brain. If a guy improves himself, he will have more success in everything.

Sounds good, but how would this show up to the girl in the man's profile?

I think your right on the posting photos of what I own, hence why I've been careful not to push back to much on that direction. I know most hit girls are looking for well off guys but at the same time like I said if I go too much on that front I could do myself a disservice for a quick early win with an insincere woman which of course down the road could likely turn sour wasting more time & money.

On the other hand I don't want too be unrealistic by being too restrictive on the likihood that the girl will want certain things. Otherwise I am counting myself out with a lot of women I put in for. Whole I'm not after a 9 or 10 model I no doubt think even the 7 & 8 girls will want something other than just the guy himself, moreso perhaps in profile view without knowing the guy first.

Offline mhr7

« Reply #2060 on: August 10, 2018, 10:11:58 AM »
They know, even if you are living there, why you are living there, and your intentions.  They also know you didn't just "happen" to come across their profiles.  You really are obtuse.

I've had a couple of Russian women accuse me of being a rich American whose sole purpose for being in their country was to snag a poor, ignorant Russian girl who would always be grateful that I saved her from a life of endless poverty. My explanations about being there to work completely fell on deaf ears.Very frustrating experience for me as they were absolutely convinced they were right.
"After your death, you will be what you were before your birth." - Schopenhauer

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
« Reply #2061 on: August 10, 2018, 10:18:50 AM »
My explanations about being there to work completely fell on deaf ears.Very frustrating experience for me as they were absolutely convinced they were right.

Yeah, they tend to be that way, lol. On seeing that they were not changing their mind which FSW tend not to do you should have probably agreed with them and saw if any progress could be made on that path, I'm guessing it would have proved interesting if nothing else, lol.

Offline BillyB

« Reply #2062 on: August 10, 2018, 10:23:12 AM »
Sounds good, but how would this show up to the girl in the man's profile?

If you dress better and are better groomed, you'll look better in photos. If your brain is where it should be, what you write will be attractive to women.

You can't expect all women to like you. As you can see, there are some at this forum that think my view on politics and how the world should work is very wrong. Your goal shouldn't be to get women to like you. Your goal should be to get women to respect you. They won't love you if they don't respect you.
Fund the audits, spread the word and educate people, write your politicians and other elected officials. Stay active in the fight to save our country. Over 220 generals and admirals say we are in a fight for our survival like no other time since 1776.

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
« Reply #2063 on: August 10, 2018, 10:59:29 AM »
If you dress better and are better groomed, you'll look better in photos. If your brain is where it should be, what you write will be attractive to women.

You can't expect all women to like you. As you can see, there are some at this forum that think my view on politics and how the world should work is very wrong. Your goal shouldn't be to get women to like you. Your goal should be to get women to respect you. They won't love you if they don't respect you.

Thanks Billy, I think you have a knack of always giving great advice :) Most of my photos I am wearing a decent shirt, etc. Though I guess there could be more I could do on the grooming front.

Edit: Ok correct that, I've looked at some mags like Esquire & GQ and their stuff is beyond weird. I think I may look at some Hollywood male celebs as that is what women tend to look at I'm thinking.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2018, 11:46:20 AM by Trenchcoat »

Offline rwd123

« Reply #2064 on: August 10, 2018, 11:02:48 AM »
There are many more men going to the FSU for sex than for marriage. FSU women know this.
And that's why I don't understand why men pursue FSUW when they're not interested in the culture. I prefer it over western culture, just not a fan of political/economic realities that come with it. It's nice to be here when you know you're not stuck here.

After attracting a woman to reply to a first message, what's left in the tank to keep her interested?
That's easy - ask her if she's free tonight for a date. Oh, but that requires getting off your ass and getting on a plane. And having money, charm, humor, confidence, etc. And if you don't, then you end up with two dates in two weeks. So you need to improve yourself before jumping on a plane. But guys pontificate over internet profiles...

I developed the habit of bringing gifts with me whenever I go abroad.
I do exactly the same thing, even if not for dating.

I always follow my own star and I am quite happy be in the place it has led me
Each to their own. I remember what it was like to be young.

Online krimster2

« Reply #2065 on: August 10, 2018, 11:16:03 AM »
"Each to their own. I remember what it was like to be young. "

I used to be so much older
but i'm younger than that now...

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
« Reply #2066 on: August 10, 2018, 04:55:47 PM »
So essentially I'm competing against a lot of keyboard romeos and sex tourists online ::) Oh and I guess a few guys like me who are looking for a serious relationship.

Well it looks like the Maxim mag is more towards the sort of thing I need. Looking at the celebrities for guys at least they seem to be a little random in the stuff they wear so I think the magazine may help out a bit more. I think I can work on a style that fits in with me overall both more casual and more formal.

Offline BdHvA

• Trips: No Selection
« Reply #2067 on: August 10, 2018, 10:33:46 PM »
So essentially I'm competing against a lot of keyboard romeos and sex tourists online ::) Oh and I guess a few guys like me who are looking for a serious relationship.

Sorry you are wrong. You are competing against your self.

Your unwillingness to learn, coupled with unrealistic expectations and lack of social skills make your search challenging.
Experierence is not what happens to you. It is what you do with what happens to you. A. Huxley

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
« Reply #2068 on: August 11, 2018, 01:47:29 AM »

Oh, and you ignored krimster's advice about needing money.

I have enough money.

So what should I do?

Even just contacting these girls I worry that they automatically write me off as a sex tourist.

Offline msmob

« Reply #2069 on: August 11, 2018, 02:04:26 AM »
Thanks Billy, I think you have a knack of always giving great advice :)

:ROFL:

Offline lyndontom

« Reply #2070 on: August 11, 2018, 08:39:28 AM »

It's easy to say that he needs to change and improve himself to attract women. That sort of change does not come easily; if a man wants to improve a multitude of aspects of his life, even his appearance, there needs to be a desire to break out of his comfort zone.

How do you suggest that a man who works 'part time' gets to middle management? It doesn't happen overnight, and it doesn't happen without devising, implementing and being determined and disciplined enough to see through a very specific plan. Nothing does. There needs to be a plan of what a person wants to achieve, but more importantly the precise steps they'd need to get there.

I'm sorry to sound harsh, but Trench berates British women because none will choose to date him. I don't know if that is because of appearance, wealth, or personality. He could not get a date in Lviv, which is ludicrous.

There is no point suggesting he should move to a different part of the UK. What do you expect will be different? That there will be women beating down his door for a date? Putting it mildly, he is looking abroad because he wants to trade up. Being quite honest, he cannot get a date in the UK so is looking elsewhere for a solution, but is merely papering over the cracks.

I have said it before, he should try SE Asia because of his personality type. Worst case he will get laid, best case he could find a suitable and compatible life partner. He will be unlikely to find it in UK, and find it almost impossible to find in FSU.

Offline John Gaunt

« Reply #2071 on: August 11, 2018, 10:36:46 AM »
I have enough money.

:ROFL: :ROFL: :ROFL:

Your idea of enough money probably means a diet of beans on toast.

So what should I do?
Quit now

Even just contacting these girls I worry that they automatically write me off as a sex tourist.
With you eyeing up those short skirted FSU women, they’re right on the mark.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2018, 10:38:30 AM by John Gaunt »

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
« Reply #2072 on: August 11, 2018, 11:20:40 AM »
He could not get a date in Lviv, which is ludicrous.

Not true, I got two dates in Lviv and that was after I bungled the process through lack of experience about how to specifically go about it.

I choose to do my part time job because it is expedient to do so at the moment. I am working towards getting stuff better set up. Once I secure an independent income I will get rid of the part time job and have more time on my hands to expand my own set up. From there hopefully onwards and upwards.

Offline lyndontom

« Reply #2073 on: August 11, 2018, 11:39:57 AM »
Not true, I got two dates in Lviv and that was after I bungled the process through lack of experience about how to specifically go about it.

I choose to do my part time job because it is expedient to do so at the moment. I am working towards getting stuff better set up. Once I secure an independent income I will get rid of the part time job and have more time on my hands to expand my own set up. From there hopefully onwards and upwards.

Trench, that specific part was not a criticism from me by the way; I am simply pointing out that significant change (career or personality) is not easy easy as flicking a switch as some seem to suggest. Personally, I do not judge people on the work they choose to do or the salary they should be expected to be earning at any given stage of their life. Everyone is different and driven by different things. However, you do need to heed the warning from others on this forum that this venture into FSU dating and marriage is not a cheap or easy one, as you've no doubt experienced.

I won't labour the point - I've dated Ukranian, Colombian and Filipino women. And of course British. Understanding what I think I do of your character, the SE Asian option would certainly be more up your street. I appreciate, however, that by the very nature of us being on this board, that for some the lure (at least physically) of slavic women far outweighs most other options.

Don't misunderstand me, the first 5 or 6 visits I made to Ukraine I continued to make the same mistakes. I knew what they were, I thought I would learn, and still I was an idiot. It was like groundhog day, except the time between each trips and cost involved was more frustrating than for Bill Murray. Slowly the penny has started to drop, but learning the lessons and improving each trip takes real quality, purposeful effort.

I see a new season of 90 Day Fiance (Before the 90 Days) has just started airing in the States. It comes on later in the UK, but you can easily keep up online. It's car crash TV, but it is worth a watch, simply to see what different women around the world can be like in terms of appearance and temperament.

Offline John Gaunt

« Reply #2074 on: August 11, 2018, 11:42:47 AM »

Yes, Trench, we know. You’ve told us often enough. How long has it been since you first floated this idea of an independent income? Which actually means taking in a lodger or two after you’ve finished your DIY renovation. That’ll really see you raking in the big bucks, not.
Of course, we know the real reason why you don’t work is so you can live below the Income tax threshold and avoid paying your fair share. You don’t mind scrounging off the ‘free NHS’ and claim benefits but not contribute anything to society.
What a pathetic low life w****r you are.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2018, 11:44:44 AM by John Gaunt »

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8883
Latest: Leroy14
New This Month: 1
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 540997
Total Topics: 20849
Most Online Today: 1926
Most Online Ever: 12701
(January 14, 2020, 07:04:55 AM)
Users Online
Members: 10
Guests: 1917
Total: 1927

+-Recent Posts

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Yesterday at 09:20:42 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Infoman
Yesterday at 09:12:54 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Yesterday at 09:02:12 PM

American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Infoman
Yesterday at 08:45:42 PM

Re: What to do by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 07:59:27 PM

Ukrainian refugee working for me now by ML
Yesterday at 07:04:53 PM

Ukrainian refugee working for me now by ML
Yesterday at 06:59:45 PM

Re: What to do by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 06:57:42 PM

Re: If you don't know what you are talking about, post away anyway by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 06:36:52 PM

Re: Twenty Years... and Counting (MarkInTx Update) by supranatural
Yesterday at 03:02:29 PM