It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: Apartments for rent in St Petersburg  (Read 3022 times)

Offline bucbud

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: 4 - 10
Apartments for rent in St Petersburg
« on: August 23, 2016, 10:16:51 AM »
Don't know where else to put this question. Admins feel free to move it if necessary.

Situation: Ukrainian refugee in St' Petersburg. living in a hostel. Does anybody know where to go to find an apartment that will rent to a Ukrainian and is not out of this world expensive?? She had a ridiculously expensive one $700 a month for a cold water flat. Went back to Ukraine  to bring her grandmother back to St Pete. her landlord threw her out because of more than one person in the apartment. Can somebody help. she is looking, but cannot find anybody willing to rent to 2 Ukrainians. I know of the "apar
tments for rent" websites, but everything I looked at were vacation oriented and not for long term.

Somebody? Anybody? point me in the right direction.  :) [size=78%]     [/size]

Offline tfcrew

• North Texas... Married 21 years
  • Spouse's Country: Ukraine
~There is no one more blind than those who refuse to see and none more deaf as those who will not listen~
~Think about the intelligence of the average person and then realize that half of the people are even more stupid than that~

Offline whynotme

• Trips: No Selection
Re: Apartments for rent in St Petersburg
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2016, 01:21:48 PM »
I always wondering why all refugees are coming to SP and Moscow. Plenty of cheap apartments in small cities close to SP.
Google аренда квартир в Ленинградской области без посредников. I think they can do that search better than you.

Offline bucbud

« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2016, 01:42:41 PM »
Yes TFcrew, same girl and now grandmother who is not well. She is as poor as a churchmouse, apparently if you are a "refugee" in Russia from the Ukraine, they will not let you work or rent you an apartment. it is sad they are treated that way.   

Offline whynotme

« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2016, 08:56:09 PM »
apparently if you are a "refugee" in Russia from the Ukraine, they will not let you work or rent you an apartment. it is sad they are treated that way.   
It is untruth. Many of them just prefer to beg for help all life.

Offline BillyB

• Trips: > 10
« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2016, 08:28:32 AM »
She is as poor as a churchmouse, apparently if you are a "refugee" in Russia from the Ukraine, they will not let you work or rent you an apartment. it is sad they are treated that way.   

Can she move to an FSU country that is more friendly to war refugees? Can she do what the Syrian refugees are doing by heading to Europe?
Fund the audits, spread the word and educate people, write your politicians and other elected officials. Stay active in the fight to save our country. Over 220 generals and admirals say we are in a fight for our survival like no other time since 1776.

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
« Reply #6 on: August 24, 2016, 01:18:07 PM »
Yes TFcrew, same girl and now grandmother who is not well. She is as poor as a churchmouse, apparently if you are a "refugee" in Russia from the Ukraine, they will not let you work or rent you an apartment. it is sad they are treated that way.   

Apparently, there are many Ukrainians working illegally in Poland, but I think this is a situation that doesnt bother Poland too much as they need the labour to replace the lost labour of Poles coming to the UK, etc to work. I would wonder how she expects to live if she is not allowed to work and are not allowed to rent an apartment. I would have thought begging in SPB is worse than being in the Ukraine surely?
"If you make your own bread, then and only then, are you a free man unchained and alive living in pooty tang paradise, or say no and live in Incel island with all the others." - Krimster

Offline Boethius

« Reply #7 on: August 24, 2016, 01:28:31 PM »
Most Ukrainians in Poland are from Western Ukraine.  There is a long history there, with lots of Ukrainians having Polish blood.  And, it's "Ukraine".  Not "the Ukraine".

Refugees can rent apartments, but a lot of Russians don't want to rent to them.  I asked the better half to have a look at apartments for rent in St. Petersburg, as he knows the desirable areas.  US$700 is a lot of money for an apartment there.  Good apartments can be rented for half that, with most at the US$500 range.

After the fall of communism, the biggest mistake Boris Yeltsin's regime made was not to disband the KGB altogether. Instead it changed its name to the FSB and, to many observers, morphed into a gangster organisation, eventually headed by master criminal Vladimir Putin. - Gerard Batten

Offline Muzh

« Reply #8 on: August 24, 2016, 02:10:16 PM »
It is untruth. Many of them just prefer to beg for help all life.

True.

Last fall my SIL volunteered to take a Donetsk refugee and the refugee turned out to be refugee plus teenage daughter. They would not do a thing, eat my SIL's food, demanded to make calls to Russia on my SIL's dime because after all she was a Russian (with RUS passport and all) and she had to communicate with her relatives. Not to mention she would complain what a bunch of low-lifes lived in Kharkiv.

This is how Russians claim to be brothers and sisters with Ukrainians.
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead. Thomas Paine - The American Crisis 1776-1783

Offline bucbud

« Reply #9 on: August 24, 2016, 11:11:24 PM »
MUZH - and your point is what?? Just a little off topic no??

Moot point, she tried to get an apartment through one of the links posted here, and they would  not rent to a Ukrainian - plus she has her grandmother with her to take care of. She found a place that will rent to her and the Grandmother. Apparently in  Russia a lot of places will only rent to one person (as witnessed by her "ripoff" apartment) - as soon as the landlord found out there were two in the apartment, he threw her and grandmother out on their ear with no warning. At any rate, she has found a place, and the rent is $200 less than what she was paying before. So the problem is solved. I cannot figure out why the number of people in an apartment has any bearing on the situation at all. At least here in the US, you just rent the apartment, if there are more than one person it makes no difference  - thanks for the replies, I certainly appreciate it.

Offline Muzh

« Reply #10 on: August 25, 2016, 12:34:15 PM »
MUZH - and your point is what?? Just a little off topic no??

Moot point, she tried to get an apartment through one of the links posted here, and they would  not rent to a Ukrainian - plus she has her grandmother with her to take care of. She found a place that will rent to her and the Grandmother. Apparently in  Russia a lot of places will only rent to one person (as witnessed by her "ripoff" apartment) - as soon as the landlord found out there were two in the apartment, he threw her and grandmother out on their ear with no warning. At any rate, she has found a place, and the rent is $200 less than what she was paying before. So the problem is solved. I cannot figure out why the number of people in an apartment has any bearing on the situation at all. At least here in the US, you just rent the apartment, if there are more than one person it makes no difference  - thanks for the replies, I certainly appreciate it.

Boy, that went over your head at MACH 2.

Tell you what, try to understand the dynamics between Russians and Ukrainians right now. That may help you help them.

And just in case you missed it, yes, it was very much on topic. :rolleyes:
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead. Thomas Paine - The American Crisis 1776-1783

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8883
Latest: Leroy14
New This Month: 1
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 541017
Total Topics: 20849
Most Online Today: 2178
Most Online Ever: 12701
(January 14, 2020, 07:04:55 AM)
Users Online
Members: 11
Guests: 2168
Total: 2179

+-Recent Posts

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Infoman
Today at 09:57:04 PM

Re: Plumber earnings by Trenchcoat
Today at 09:37:55 PM

Plumber earnings by ML
Today at 07:49:26 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Today at 07:23:34 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Infoman
Today at 06:28:48 PM

American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by 2tallbill
Today at 04:48:07 PM

Re: What to do by krimster2
Today at 04:37:18 PM

If you don't know what you are talking about, post away anyway by 2tallbill
Today at 04:17:08 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Today at 02:48:08 PM

Re: What to do by krimster2
Today at 01:09:03 PM