It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: The girl from August  (Read 3604 times)

Offline xiphoid

• I'll keep trying till I get it right...
  • Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: > 10
The girl from August
« on: May 22, 2015, 03:13:56 AM »
I need a Russian women’s perspective. Last August I met with a nice lady in Moscow and we had a good time together but I declined to take things further. Later, in September, I gifted her with a show at the Bolshoi Theater – just because. Anyway, now I have a possibility to return to visit someone else in Moscow this summer. However I would like to visit, as a friend, the girl from August while I am there. Perhaps meet for dinner. Could this be seen as offensive or strange to her in some way that I am unaware of? I ask because women can be a mystery to me sometimes/most times. I’m not attempting to deceive her. But even so, I admit that I still sometimes miss her letters, and that this letter may seem dumb to some of you but…there it is.
Beautiful girls, won't you walk a little slower, when you walk past me? - Robert Goulet

Offline STaty

• Trips: None (yet)
Re: The girl from August
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2015, 03:29:33 AM »
I need a Russian women’s perspective. Last August I met with a nice lady in Moscow and we had a good time together but I declined to take things further. Later, in September, I gifted her with a show at the Bolshoi Theater – just because. Anyway, now I have a possibility to return to visit someone else in Moscow this summer. However I would like to visit, as a friend, the girl from August while I am there. Perhaps meet for dinner. Could this be seen as offensive or strange to her in some way that I am unaware of? I ask because women can be a mystery to me sometimes/most times. I’m not attempting to deceive her. But even so, I admit that I still sometimes miss her letters, and that this letter may seem dumb to some of you but…there it is.

Hi xiphoid!You told your lady, what she for you only the friend? If she doesn't know about it -it there will be a deception. I think.....
« Last Edit: May 22, 2015, 03:34:49 AM by STaty »
Actions speak louder than words

Offline xiphoid

« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2015, 03:46:59 AM »
Hi Staty. I understand your point. If I do ask to visit her I will ask her as a friend. If a spark ignites I will tell her that too and take my chances on being rejected.
Beautiful girls, won't you walk a little slower, when you walk past me? - Robert Goulet

Offline STaty

• Trips: None (yet)
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2015, 03:53:06 AM »
You give her hope. You can tell her your plans for her.  I wish you good luck!!!
« Last Edit: May 22, 2015, 04:28:14 AM by STaty »
Actions speak louder than words

Offline TagUrIt898

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
  • Trips: 4 - 10
« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2015, 06:14:03 AM »
I apologize for intruding, since you asked for a Russian Woman's point of view.  However, I think you may want to consider all perspectives on this.  You declined to take things farther with August?  Did you explain to her why?  How did she respond?  It sounds like she was put in the friend zone, but are you all truly friends?  You miss her letters which sounds like you two have NOT been communicating.  If she has moved on with her life, maybe it's better to stay out of it.  To re-enter her life at this point may only make things worse for her, especially if she wanted more from the relationship/friendship you had with her.  I understand wanting to re-connect with old flames, but aren't you being a little selfish? If she has in fact gotten over you and moved on with her life, what good could come of you seeing her again?  You have someone new to visit, so why not just concentrate on making that work, instead of go back in the past.  Just my thoughts, you're a grown up, so do what you think is best.

Tag

Offline JayH

« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2015, 06:38:56 AM »
  If she has moved on with her life, maybe it's better to stay out of it.  To re-enter her life at this point may only make things worse for her,

Agree.Good post Tag !
SLAVA UKRAYINI  ! HEROYAM SLAVA!!!!
Слава Украине! Слава героям слава!Слава Україні! Слава героям!
 translated as: Glory to Ukraine! Glory to the heroes!!!  is a Ukrainian greeting slogan being used now all over Ukraine to signify support for a free independent Ukraine

Online Hammer2722

• Spouse's Country: Belarus
« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2015, 07:29:14 AM »
Totally agree with Tag as well. Nothing good can come from this. You need to just work on building you relationship with your new lady of interest....
every ship can be a minesweeper at least once...

Offline sleepycat

« Reply #7 on: May 22, 2015, 07:52:02 AM »
Nothing wrong with just being friends with benefits:devil:

Online Faux Pas

• Trips: No Selection
« Reply #8 on: May 22, 2015, 10:02:32 AM »
You guys are assuming he can move back into her life. I suppose he is too. xip, if she's willing, go for it but don't expect any new women to understand why you would. IMHO, you'd be causing yourself some problems but, to each their own  :popcorn:

Offline jone

• Spouse's Country: Russia
« Reply #9 on: May 22, 2015, 10:28:39 AM »
Every woman that I know would say: 

Get on with your life.  It didn't happen then.  It ain't a gonna happen now.  Unless the relationship was previously established as friendship, there are overtones that cannot be accommodated.

Women never look back.  Men look back.  Those who do almost always get burned.
Kissing girls is a goodness.  It beats the hell out of card games.  - Robert Heinlein

Online 2tallbill

• Living the dream
The girl from August
« Reply #10 on: May 22, 2015, 11:07:36 AM »
I know you asked for response from the girls. My advice is  Do not recycle girls
This isn't Hollywood, they won't suddenly realize that you were the right man all along.

It's far better to start fresh with a new girl. There is a girl in the FSU waiting for you and
the sooner you move past this girl, the sooner you can find your girl.

Udachi!

Bill
FSUW are not for entry level daters
FSUW don't do vague
FSUW like a man of action. Be a man of action 
If you find a promising girl, get your butt on a plane.
There are a hundred ways to be successful and a thousand ways to f#ck it up
Just kiss the girl, don't ask her first. Tolerate NO excuses!

Offline BillyB

« Reply #11 on: May 22, 2015, 06:10:47 PM »
However I would like to visit, as a friend, the girl from August while I am there. Perhaps meet for dinner. Could this be seen as offensive or strange to her in some way that I am unaware of?

Ask the lady and you'll get an answer.

I’m not attempting to deceive her.

If she accepts dinner and wants a serious relationship and you don't, move on. Out of all the women in the FSU, why go back to someone there were no sparks with in previous meetings?
Fund the audits, spread the word and educate people, write your politicians and other elected officials. Stay active in the fight to save our country. Over 220 generals and admirals say we are in a fight for our survival like no other time since 1776.

Offline Muzh

« Reply #12 on: May 23, 2015, 11:32:12 AM »

Out of all the women in the FSU, why go back to someone there were no sparks with in previous meetings?

To get laid. Duh!!
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead. Thomas Paine - The American Crisis 1776-1783

Offline xiphoid

« Reply #13 on: May 23, 2015, 04:16:23 PM »
I see your point Tag. But the problem is that there was some spark (of some kind) and I might have been too hasty. Like BillyB wisely said, I could simply ask and get an answer. Or I could do nothing and wonder at what might have been. I’m not selfish by nature, hence the reason for my original post.  Dating is rarely a  simple process. Thanks all for some interesting perspectives.

Offline mies

• Trips: No Selection
« Reply #14 on: June 08, 2015, 04:50:30 PM »

From the perspective of the girl whom you want to meet as a "just friend" - I see no problem in going out with you. Unless you are not pleasant as a friend. But it's completely different if you had sex in the past. In that case - I don't see the "just friends" possibility as very realistic or pleasant for her. Because then you are the man who rejected her, and there is nothing pleasant in going out "as friends" with the man who rejected you. It's pleasing for your ego, but not for hers.

From the perspective of the "someone else," whom you are visiting this time in Moscow with potentially romantic plans, this will be a problem. If you tell her - she will be unhappy. If you don't tell her and she somehow finds out - it will be even worse.

Offline xiphoid

« Reply #15 on: June 08, 2015, 10:10:52 PM »
Hi mies – To clarify, we merely held hands once while walking. Sex was never a consideration. We parted as friends. We had a good time and I then had tickets for the Bolshoi sent to her after I went home as a gift of appreciation. Yet I still have a lingering feeling about her. :-\ As for the “someone else” it is definitely not a certainty…we have not yet confirmed an exact time for a visit.

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8883
Latest: Leroy14
New This Month: 1
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 541003
Total Topics: 20849
Most Online Today: 2013
Most Online Ever: 12701
(January 14, 2020, 07:04:55 AM)
Users Online
Members: 11
Guests: 1870
Total: 1881

+-Recent Posts

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by ML
Today at 10:31:43 AM

Re: What to do by krimster2
Today at 09:47:10 AM

What to do by 2tallbill
Today at 09:37:41 AM

Re: If you don't know what you are talking about, post away anyway by 2tallbill
Today at 09:18:17 AM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Today at 07:00:25 AM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Brillynt
Today at 06:16:36 AM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Yesterday at 09:20:42 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Infoman
Yesterday at 09:12:54 PM

Yesterday at 09:02:12 PM

American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Infoman
Yesterday at 08:45:42 PM