It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: Computer Software and Intellectual Property Rights  (Read 15945 times)

Offline SteveInBoston

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
  • Trips: 1 - 3
Re: Computer Software and Intellectual Property Rights
« Reply #50 on: December 15, 2019, 08:17:03 PM »
That's what the unlimited people Microsoft allows to do. Duh! One qualified person signs up and is allowed to have unlimited people on their account. If you don't like Microsoft's rules, don't get mad at me, get mad at them.

You seem to keep ignoring the fact, on the microsoft site, it CLEARLY STATES $x.xx PER USER/MONTH.

The plan lets the organization add as many users at the same rate.  If it's $2.50/month (for student A3 package), then if 200 students are registered, then the cost for the school is $500/month.  If 1,000,000, then $2,500,000 per month, etc.

Also, with an annual committment.  The minimum cost for the school, for 1 million students, is $30,000,000, payed in monthly $2.5 million installments.

And it is not all on the registered administrator's account.  The administrator has full access to add or remove plan participants.  Each user will need a microsoft account, which can be their school email address.

Offline jone

• Spouse's Country: Russia
  • Trips: > 10
« Reply #51 on: December 15, 2019, 08:20:25 PM »
But, but, but .......

It is a lifetime license and the person selling it can have as many users as they wish.   So, Steve, you can't be right.   Because ebay did not kick off the advertisement.   That's right.   Unlimited number of users.   Free.  Because they are trying to hook new users on Office, like cigarettes given to teenagers.

And we're all stupid because we don't take advantage of it.   :rolleyes:
Kissing girls is a goodness.  It beats the hell out of card games.  - Robert Heinlein

Offline Grumpy

• Spouse's Country: Moldova
  • Trips: None (yet)
« Reply #52 on: December 15, 2019, 08:57:50 PM »
I prefer FOSS (free open source software). The choices are plentiful, with good programs for everything, and the price is free (donations are appreciated). I do understand that it may not work for everybody (mostly those who need compatibility with employer's software). That said, Microsoft and others have been doing a lot of work lately on compatibility with Linux software. There is also software available for running Windows software on Linux.
Good women are not cheap
Cheap women are not good
(but they can be a lot of fun)

Offline BillyB

« Reply #53 on: December 15, 2019, 09:24:05 PM »
You seem to keep ignoring the fact, on the microsoft site, it CLEARLY STATES $x.xx PER USER/MONTH.

The plan lets the organization add as many users at the same rate.  If it's $2.50/month (for student A3 package), then if 200 students are registered, then the cost for the school is $500/month.  If 1,000,000, then $2,500,000 per month, etc.

Also, with an annual committment.  The minimum cost for the school, for 1 million students, is $30,000,000, payed in monthly $2.5 million installments.

What is the total cost of the free A1 version of Office 365 multiplied by infinity(unlimited users) per month and year? Does that cost scare anybody?

I prefer FOSS (free open source software). The choices are plentiful, with good programs for everything, and the price is free

I prefer free and cheap stuff too. Microsoft knows there are people like us out there so to keep us using their products, they provide a lot for free. It's not advertised so most people like jone still thinks paying full price is the only legal way to obtain Microsoft products. If my hard drive goes bad , I will install a new hard drive in my computer and I will choose the free Windows 10 Pro OS I can download right off Microsoft's website. If it would cost me $199 for that OS, I would go with the free Linux OS. If Microsoft lets any free OS become the ideal choice for most people, they'll have real competitors on their hands. Can't let that happen so market strategy may be to allow for some product to be sold cheap or offered free and getting tax breaks in return. For now, they've kept me as a customer. I'm sure jone's eyes are rolling after reading that.
Fund the audits, spread the word and educate people, write your politicians and other elected officials. Stay active in the fight to save our country. Over 220 generals and admirals say we are in a fight for our survival like no other time since 1776.

Offline jone

« Reply #54 on: December 15, 2019, 10:07:57 PM »
Why would my eyes roll?  You keep coming back to the same thing:  Someone selling a key on the internet that is not accompanied by a license:  The use of someone else's account.  And you don't see the double standard for doing that and think you are smart.  You have tried to justify it multiple ways.   Even to the extent that you try and explain that using such software does not require a license. 

The vast majority of users on this forum have resolved themselves in business and personal conduct years ago.   Your penny-ante stuff not only is unattractive to the bulk of these users that have defined themselves, but demonstrates a class of action that is not in their interests.   I'm not saying that you are less than they are in the method of doing business, it is just not attractive to them.

I probably pay around $600 annually for various software licenses.   But our licenses are maintained and there is a file in one of the computers that has all of those licenses were someone to inquire.

I remember a time, many years ago.  I had just purchased my dream home and I was doing some rock work around the yard.   A skilled artisan was recommended to me and he came and did the work for a very reasonable fee.  A couple of weeks later, a friend of mine, who owns a few gas stations, mentioned that he needed some rock work done.   I recommended this guy.   Later, I asked how the work had turned out.   I discovered that the guy did not use my rock guy because he was not a contractor and could produce no contractor's license.  While it didn't matter to my personal work, the city in which we live in would not allow the work to be signed off if not done by a contractor.   I was somewhat humiliated by the experience, realizing that I should have known that before recommending him.

Now, I'm sure my friend could have used the guy and found a way around the contractor's requirement.   But that is not the way he did business.   And I learned a valuable lesson.  The initial post regarding the desire to use licensed software was a sincere one, without rancor.   Billy's insistence that he was right (when everyone knows he wasn't) carried this thread forward.   And he heaped the manure on himself, not anyone else.   Frankly, I feel sorry for him.   As the lesson that I had to learn at the hands of my friend escapes Billy and I'm sure it always will.

Kissing girls is a goodness.  It beats the hell out of card games.  - Robert Heinlein

Offline BillyB

« Reply #55 on: December 15, 2019, 10:55:43 PM »
Someone selling a key on the internet that is not accompanied by a license:

An activation key that you buy to activate a Microsoft product is your license to use the product. Before the software becomes activated, the key is checked by Microsoft computers to see if it's legitimate. Go offline if you want a Microsoft employee to verify the key is legit. Microsoft doesn't activate bogus keys.

you try and explain that using such software does not require a license. 

I gave you the link to download Windows 10 for free. Install it on a new hard drive on your computer. If you're already using windows 10, the key is stored in your motherboard so it will activate a new copy of windows so download Windows 8.1 instead. After download you will be able to use the operating system but some features will not be available. You will only use what Microsoft allows you to use without an activation key and you will get the annoying message the Windows is not activated and may not be genuine although you downloaded it from Microsoft's website. Microsoft will never send a message to somebody they are illegally using their  product without a key. Maybe because it's not illegal?

The use of someone else's account.

Nobody in my house uses someone elses account. Those who are selling Office on Ebay and been there for years are allowed to sell the way they do. They state their rights at the bottom of their listing and Microsoft allows them to continue to sell. Find a listing with a new seller that has few feedback with a generic listing and listing no rights of theirs. Save the page on your desktop. Revisit it in a few days and you'll find the listing taken down. So you can learn who's legit and who's not legit but instead you make the assumption everybody on ebay isn't legit when you have zero knowledge of the subject.

I probably pay around $600 annually for various software licenses.

Wonderful. You can help Microsoft make profit and pay more taxes buying legitimate products. I'll help Microsoft get tax breaks on legitimate products they allow to sell on ebay cheap. If we both sleep good at night, it's a win win. When my wife's Microsoft Office 2019 gets old, I may consider enrolling her for an academic version of Office 365 for cheap or free right off Microsoft's website.
Fund the audits, spread the word and educate people, write your politicians and other elected officials. Stay active in the fight to save our country. Over 220 generals and admirals say we are in a fight for our survival like no other time since 1776.

Offline GQBlues

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
« Reply #56 on: December 16, 2019, 09:21:19 AM »
Funny exchanges...

Billy-

I agree it's good to be diligent and prudent in trying to watch your expenses most of the time, but you do realize this expense, FWIW, is a business expense. Even if it isn't in your case...is $500-600.00/year really worth this much trouble these days with all the other things far more important to spend your time on?

You know, like posting on RWD. :devil:
Quote from: msmob
1. Because of 'man', global warming is causing desert and arid areas to suffer long, dry spell.
2. The 2018 Camp Fire and Woolsey California wildfires are forests burning because of global warming.
3. N95 mask will choke you dead after 30 min. of use.

Offline HoundDaddyLee

• Trips: 4 - 10
« Reply #57 on: December 16, 2019, 10:39:43 AM »
An activation key that you buy to activate a Microsoft product is your license to use the product. Before the software becomes activated, the key is checked by Microsoft computers to see if it's legitimate. Go offline if you want a Microsoft employee to verify the key is legit. Microsoft doesn't activate bogus keys.

I gave you the link to download Windows 10 for free. Install it on a new hard drive on your computer. If you're already using windows 10, the key is stored in your motherboard so it will activate a new copy of windows so download Windows 8.1 instead. After download you will be able to use the operating system but some features will not be available. You will only use what Microsoft allows you to use without an activation key and you will get the annoying message the Windows is not activated and may not be genuine although you downloaded it from Microsoft's website. Microsoft will never send a message to somebody they are illegally using their  product without a key. Maybe because it's not illegal?

Nobody in my house uses someone elses account. Those who are selling Office on Ebay and been there for years are allowed to sell the way they do. They state their rights at the bottom of their listing and Microsoft allows them to continue to sell. Find a listing with a new seller that has few feedback with a generic listing and listing no rights of theirs. Save the page on your desktop. Revisit it in a few days and you'll find the listing taken down. So you can learn who's legit and who's not legit but instead you make the assumption everybody on ebay isn't legit when you have zero knowledge of the subject.

Wonderful. You can help Microsoft make profit and pay more taxes buying legitimate products. I'll help Microsoft get tax breaks on legitimate products they allow to sell on ebay cheap. If we both sleep good at night, it's a win win. When my wife's Microsoft Office 2019 gets old, I may consider enrolling her for an academic version of Office 365 for cheap or free right off Microsoft's website.

Your software key is NOT the license. When you legally get the key you register it with a Microsoft account (Corporate/Enterprise or Academic account). A Microsoft account is a live.com, hotmail.com, outlook.com and possibly gmail.com for personal/home use. I have two 0365 accounts. One is payed for through my employer, the other is personal and comes as a benefit for my paid membership in the Microsoft Alumni Association. You can find pirated license keys in many locations, it is why they are going with the subscription model, where you have to verify your identity periodically by re-entering your credentials.

Microsoft's premier developers tool, Visual Studio, requires that I log in once a month to verify that my MyVisualStudio subscription (formerly MSDN) is current. You can defend theft all you want. That is between you and your conscience. As others have said, there are Open Source alternatives available. If you cannot afford less than $10/month for the premier office software suite, you have OSS packages to use.

You choosing this hill to die on is stupid. I have sat in rooms with CEO's and a MSFT sales team post Enterprise Agreement Audits. I have seen CEO's go pale when they discover that their employee's have been passing out license keys to friends and family. They end up writing large checks to make this right.

I have family that think that stealing music, movies and software is not a crime. I ask them this question: Would you think it is OK to walk out of a grocery store with a full cart without paying? NO! they answer.

My roof still needs to be repaired, Billy. I think free is a good cost. Do you?

HDL

Offline GQBlues

« Reply #58 on: December 16, 2019, 11:43:35 AM »
...I have family that think that stealing music, movies and software is not a crime.

Maybe I wasn't fully versed about the ultimate decision made on the argument against Napster.  But I'm still on the fence why it was deemed 'illegal', or why it is considered thievery.

If I *paid* for music (or anything), then decided to share it with a family or friends; they in turn return the favor of sharing theirs with me; and so forth and so on - not one of us is 'profiting' monetarily on these 'sharing' - how is that defined as theft? How is it against any law that I share things I already bought and paid for? Where does this stop?

I can see the crime only if people profit monetarily for the exchange. I know the argument made was 'loss of revenue' because artists loses monies as it halted further sales of their 'products'. If I let my neighbor borrow my vacuum cleaner once a month, am I causing Hoover loss of revenue?

Fine, but I think the bigger crime before the birth of the internet was the record producers during the introduction of CDs as it phased out audio tapes and turntable records. I still remember these idiots advertising to the public that the CD technology caused dramatic cost reductions compared to manufacturing of tapes and records. The obvious reasons were both in the drastic reduction in material and labor costs it takes to produce an album. At the time, a cost of $12.00-$15.00/album was supposedly a *temporary* charge to give them time to properly gauge how much the actual savings will be for the public. They felt they owed it to the public that they too should also reap the benefit of the new technology. They projected then that in a year's time price changes will be made. 20 years passed and nothing changed.

We all whistle the happy tunes of capitalism boys..
« Last Edit: December 16, 2019, 12:11:28 PM by GQBlues »
1. Because of 'man', global warming is causing desert and arid areas to suffer long, dry spell.
2. The 2018 Camp Fire and Woolsey California wildfires are forests burning because of global warming.

Offline BillyB

« Reply #59 on: December 16, 2019, 12:02:42 PM »
HDL, if you go on Microsoft’s community forums none of them employees will say it’s illegal to selll Microsoft on EBay because it’s not illegal.  Microsoft doesn’t get to make all the rules. If a seller posts his rights based off government law, they can sell Microsoft products. If one buys a key that is stolen or fake, Microsoft doesn’t have to activate the product since they control the verification process. With the invention of computers they can monitor what employees took what keys, void those keys and fire the employees. It’s hard to believe Microsoft has no idea about how to monitor their inventory unless they want enough loss to achieve paying zero taxes for the year. 

GQ, I don’t spend a lot of time figuring out how to save money . Its easy to figure out legit sellers from scammers. It’s easier to figure them out than figuring out women. I use free office software anyway. I don’t need to be cool owning name brand software.

Offline GQBlues

« Reply #60 on: December 16, 2019, 12:19:32 PM »
HDL, if you go on Microsoft’s community forums none of them employees will say it’s illegal to selll Microsoft on EBay because it’s not illegal.  Microsoft doesn’t get to make all the rules. If a seller posts his rights based off government law, they can sell Microsoft products. If one buys a key that is stolen or fake, Microsoft doesn’t have to activate the product since they control the verification process. With the invention of computers they can monitor what employees took what keys, void those keys and fire the employees. It’s hard to believe Microsoft has no idea about how to monitor their inventory unless they want enough loss to achieve paying zero taxes for the year. 

GQ, I don’t spend a lot of time figuring out how to save money . Its easy to figure out legit sellers from scammers. It’s easier to figure them out than figuring out women. I use free office software anyway. I don’t need to be cool owning name brand software.

All of this is about $$, Billy. It depends on who gets to keep the bigger chunk of it that will undoubtedly make the rule.

Hell, look at your driving tickets...it used to be the government gave citizens a choice when we commit an infraction. The consequence then wasn't about punishing an offender, but educating one. You either 'pay' the penalty or choose to attend traffic school and learn to be a better driver for the next time. If you choose the latter, they waive the penalty fee and you simply provide them the certificate of your school attendance. You do have to pay for the cost of the traffic school. That's it. Objective accomplished.

LMAO! Now, well, you know..

Offline HoundDaddyLee

• Trips: 4 - 10
« Reply #61 on: December 16, 2019, 01:16:12 PM »
Maybe I wasn't fully versed about the ultimate decision made on the argument against Napster.  But I'm still on the fence why it was deemed 'illegal', or why it is considered thievery.

If I *paid* for music (or anything), then decided to share it with a family or friends; they in turn return the favor of sharing theirs with me; and so forth and so on - not one of us is 'profiting' monetarily on these 'sharing' - how is that defined as theft? How is it against any law that I share things I already bought and paid for? Where does this stop?

I can see the crime only if people profit monetarily for the exchange. I know the argument made was 'loss of revenue' because artists loses monies as it halted further sales of their 'products'. If I let my neighbor borrow my vacuum cleaner once a month, am I causing Hoover loss of revenue?

Fine, but I think the bigger crime before the birth of the internet was the record producers during the introduction of CDs as it phased out audio tapes and turntable records. I still remember these idiots advertising to the public that the CD technology caused dramatic cost reductions compared to manufacturing of tapes and records. The obvious reasons were both in the drastic reduction in material and labor costs it takes to produce an album. At the time, a cost of $12.00-$15.00/album was supposedly a *temporary* charge to give them time to properly gauge how much the actual savings will be for the public. They felt they owed it to the public that they too should also reap the benefit of the new technology. They projected then that in a year's time price changes will be made. 20 years passed and nothing changed.

We all whistle the happy tunes of capitalism boys..

It does rip off the artists that create the music. I agree that the record companies were and continue to be draconian. I am talking about the creators. If Microsoft doesn't get paid for it's software, it stops paying the developers. If a musicians music is spread around after a single purchase, then eventually that musician will have to find another career. So we can quibble about what defines a theft, but if I am a songwriter, then record and release my music, then it is my IP. If you like it, then pay for it.

Napster was the best distributor of virus's and malware, ever created.

I am done "dick measuring" on this thread. Buy, steal, whatever floats your boat. And some folks wonder why I don't post here much...

HDL

Offline JayH

« Reply #62 on: December 16, 2019, 02:06:31 PM »
Perhaps it's like the printer outfits.
They practically give away their printers.
Then we pay ridiculous prices for the ink.

Microsoft might give away their software.
Then they charge us per each letter we type of spreadsheet we prepare.
We are due to get a huge bill at some point.

Throw in the planned obsolesce 0f printers and it is a killer.
Finding a printer suddenly not talking to the computer/s is extremely frustrating.
Recently had this happen ( again) while holding extensive ink reserves etc . Needing print urgently bought the el cheapo giveaway price printer because it was cheaper than ink cartridges to buy--only to find only basic ink included  etc 
A PIA in capitals .
When I had time to research a little went back out and bought decent printer with decent ink life - all smiles again now !
SLAVA UKRAYINI  ! HEROYAM SLAVA!!!!
Слава Украине! Слава героям слава!Слава Україні! Слава героям!
 translated as: Glory to Ukraine! Glory to the heroes!!!  is a Ukrainian greeting slogan being used now all over Ukraine to signify support for a free independent Ukraine

Offline GQBlues

« Reply #63 on: December 16, 2019, 03:00:23 PM »

It does rip off the artists that create the music. I agree that the record companies were and continue to be draconian. I am talking about the creators. If Microsoft doesn't get paid for it's software, it stops paying the developers. If a musicians music is spread around after a single purchase, then eventually that musician will have to find another career. So we can quibble about what defines a theft, but if I am a songwriter, then record and release my music, then it is my IP. If you like it, then pay for it.

Napster was the best distributor of virus's and malware, ever created.

I am done "dick measuring" on this thread. Buy, steal, whatever floats your boat. And some folks wonder why I don't post here much...

HDL

Taylor Swift, N.W.A. George Michael, Queen, Pendergrass, et al understand this isn't exactly reality, and it had nothing to do with intellectual property theft.

HDL-

Upthread I mentioned having already spent 2-3 Gs *buying* songs for my playlist at iTunes. I don't mind it really as this is the world we live in. But for the unit price of $1.29/song, or an average of $11-12.00/album, comparatively, this IS 'thievery' since virtual retail distribution is even far more cost-effective than the age of compact disc market - yet the price/album is literally unchanged still.

Add: Not aware of any songwriter who is on dire straits these days because of IP theft. If any of them are chances are its because of *illegal* drugs more so than IP theft or loss of revenue. Record sales is BUT one way for these folks to rake in their millions. Thievery are the multiple hands found between the concert ticket offices from the artist's fanbase. Hell, when the Grammy's roll out on the tube, most of these folks you see adorn themselves with more glitter and bling that literally cost more than the average fan John/Jane Doe's annual salary.

Make no mistake however, me personally, I just don't bother. I don't pay for anything if I've no use for it or would like to have. If something proves invaluable to me, or my life's daily needs/wants, I can't be bothered looking for ways to cut corners, nickel/dime it, or any other questionable options, whether legitimate or otherwise. The trouble simply isn't worth it to me.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2019, 03:07:33 PM by GQBlues »

Online Faux Pas

• Trips: No Selection
« Reply #64 on: December 16, 2019, 03:34:25 PM »

Upthread I mentioned having already spent 2-3 Gs *buying* songs for my playlist at iTunes. I don't mind it really as this is the world we live in. But for the unit price of $1.29/song, or an average of $11-12.00/album, comparatively, this IS 'thievery' since virtual retail distribution is even far more cost-effective than the age of compact disc market - yet the price/album is literally unchanged still.

I did the same thing. Apple's sales pitch at the time was "you'll own the songs for life". They will always be in your library. I even loaded many of the CDs I had at the time. . I was fat dumb and happy for a while thinking I didn't need to anything but buy my music from Itunes. One day all of the sudden only a very small fraction of my purchased music was available including the CDs I loaded. The rest I had to pay a subscription for. Of course they say paying the subscription is for unlimited music but what happened to what I already paid for? I did call and raise hell. Apparently I agreed to something later that permitted them to do that to me.

HDL

C'mon brother, if you're just posting where everyone agrees with you, you're definitely in the wrong place. That particular subject is circular. Some will never view it as theft no matter how succinctly you put it. Don't be so sensitive

Offline BillyB

« Reply #65 on: December 16, 2019, 04:44:20 PM »
HDL, you got a special place in your heart for Microsoft. I get it but people are allowed to sell Microsoft products on EBay legally and buyers are not thieves. Microsoft intellectual property police do remove Ebay listings that violates their rights but they can’t violate rights of sellers if they list the items the proper way required by Microsoft

Offline GQBlues

« Reply #66 on: December 16, 2019, 05:12:08 PM »
HDL, you got a special place in your heart for Microsoft. I get it but people are allowed to sell Microsoft products on EBay legally and buyers are not thieves. Microsoft intellectual property police do remove Ebay listings that violates their rights but they can’t violate rights of sellers if they list the items the proper way required by Microsoft

Billy-

While this may not have anything to do with IP, but in the vein of 'looking for cheaper options'...sometimes one must pick and choose the battles they face. Most of them are just no longer worth fighting for at certain level/times in our lives.

Take for instance, subjects that affect many of us in this venture. For example apartments vs. hotels, flights, etc...IMHO, I don't mind paying the extra expense for a non-stop flight to anywhere, than save a few hundred dollars having one or two layovers. Just as I don't mind having to pay the extra dollars staying at the comfort of a luxury hotels than to stay at those apartments in questionable neighborhoods I do not know in countries I've never been or frequent to. Or buying knock-offs of pricey items like for instance golf clubs.

We get what we pay for. If I subscribe to MS's products because I rely on them for my livelihood, I'm willing to pay what they ask for. This will also apply to a carpenter's tools, or in our case, the best equipment that can do our jobs. But I do realize we are all different...It's just to me, this subject of software pricing seem so relatively inexpensive considering....you know.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2019, 05:35:00 PM by GQBlues »

Offline BillyB

« Reply #67 on: December 18, 2019, 11:08:17 AM »

For example apartments vs. hotels, flights, etc...IMHO, I don't mind paying the extra expense for a non-stop flight to anywhere, than save a few hundred dollars having one or two layovers. Just as I don't mind having to pay the extra dollars staying at the comfort of a luxury hotels than to stay at those apartments in questionable neighborhoods I do not know in countries I've never been or frequent to. Or buying knock-offs of pricey items like for instance golf clubs.

When people buy Microsoft products on eBay they are not getting Motel 6 quality rooms. They are getting five star rooms. They are getting the real deal that Microsoft themselves will activate.

It’s a apparent Microsoft has done a very good marketing campaign to get people to believe they have no right to share or sell their products after initial purchase. Ford, Sony and other companies Wish they could get people to believe they cannot share their vehicle or TV or any other merchandise or resell them to other people too.

So people who do a good job following the rules and stating their rights on an eBay listing gets to have their listing remain. Microsoft intellectual police will then have other listings removed and Ebay will comply. For the sellers who have their listings removed, it doesn’t mean they are scammers or selling illegal or inferior product. Most likely the product is legit Microsoft. It’s just that they don’t know they need to state their rights granted by government law while complying with Microsoft TOS in their listing  that allows them to resell Microsoft products to keep Microsoft from having Ebay from removing their listing. Microsoft doesn’t want a lawsuit trampling on people’s rights.

Offline ML

« Reply #68 on: December 18, 2019, 02:05:45 PM »
Ford, Sony and other companies Wish they could get people to believe they cannot share their vehicle or TV or any other merchandise or resell them to other people too.

Not quite the same.  If you have 1 Ford, you can sell it 1 time.

But if you buy 1 item of computer software, you can sell it hundreds of times.
A beautiful woman is pleasant to look at, but it is easier to live with a pleasant acting one.

Offline BillyB

« Reply #69 on: December 19, 2019, 08:10:55 AM »
Not quite the same.  If you have 1 Ford, you can sell it 1 time.

But if you buy 1 item of computer software, you can sell it hundreds of times.

Governments know this. They have let Microsoft make it difficult to transfer their products so one guy can’t sell software to a million people. Most people don’t know what they need to do to sell Microsoft products anyway so Microsoft intellectual property police  can often remove listings that do not meet the requirements to sell their products.

Microsoft has already changed their strategy. To combat piracy they give out the software for free. It’s the activation that cost money. That they can control. HDL gave us a hint Microsoft employees would steal caseloads of paper activation keys and sell them.  Activation keys these days or digital and the number is stored in the motherboard instead of on a paper key on the side of a computer where it’s easy for people to write down the number and pass it around. Microsoft has the option to discontinue a digital key after one time use if they want. If a hacker steals a huge block of activation keys Microsoft can void those keys if they want. The keys sold on eBay are Probably bought in the thousands or tens of thousands cheaply and resold  for minimal profit  since the keys are roughly 3 dollars apiece.  I don’t have experience on the office sharing programs that are listed on eBay where you buy access to someone else’s account but I do know Microsoft allows it because most listings get removed and some listings get to stay If they follow the requirements to sell.

Offline msmob

« Reply #70 on: December 20, 2019, 01:20:31 AM »
Silliest BillyB

MS Office has competitors . you can download them - quite legally - for FREE

You can save the work as .docx, xlsx, files ( and more) ..that's MSWord and Excel files

I'm writing on a Linux OS Laptop that has no MS products ( other than Skype ) installed - all FREE - but I choose to donate to the volunteers who save us a fortune..

http://linuxmint.com/

We have Mac Book Pros, and Mac Mini desktops - as well as PCs - running FAR quicker than the Mac / MS software will run on 4/ 5 year old kit ..

Offic e Software ?

Libre Office v 6.0.7.3

http://www.libreoffice.org/

WHO pays for MS stuff in 2019/20 ... ?;)

Offline BillyB

« Reply #71 on: December 24, 2019, 06:11:59 PM »
Silliest BillyB

MS Office has competitors . you can download them - quite legally - for FREE

When I told everyone I use OpenOffice which is free office software, it didn't register with you. Thanks for the tip anyway.

I just came back from Cancun. At the resort, I went in to use a computer at their business center to do work and engage with people all over the internet to harass them. All 10 computers there had Windows 10 and none of them were activated. Surprisingly, the message is different than in the past. It said Activate Windows Go to Settings to Activate Windows. The message that the Windows you're using may not be genuine is gone. I attached a photo so you guys can see what I saw in Cancun.

I was at the famous Coco Bongo club. There was a Latina who's butt was grinding on mine often. She was the second hottest woman in the club. My wife was the hottest. Sometimes I'd turn around and she'd smile. She told me it was her birthday and I said "Happy Birthday!" and gave her a hug. She tried to talk to me but I didn't understand and she tole me to learn Espanol.  A few more times throughout the night she told me it's her birthday. One time I turned around and she put her hand on my head and said "It's my birthday!" If I was a single man, I'd give her a birthday present. She was there with co-workers. A couple of guys gave me the jealous look. The were short and looked like office nerds.

I seen a few American dudes with what looked like Mexican girlfriends. Drinks in the club were free after paying to get in. As the night went on, people got loose. One guy's girl got so drunk she went on stage, turned around, pulled up her dress and was twerking her butt to the crowd. She had G-string underwear. Her man may have second thoughts about her being marriage material.

My wife was one of the few natural blondes in the club. When getting some drinks, watching from a distance, I seen some young men taking photos of her. I saw a group of guys encouraging a friend to go talk to me wife. He got the courage to go talk to her and my wife shook her head and turn around. Shortly after he tried to convince her to simply take a selfie with him but he got rejected again.

Walking down the street in Cancun, we were approached by many people who flashed a booklet of nude girls and asked if we needed a girl and cocaine. My wife said we are from a good family. As my wife passed up one woman trying to sell us hookers and cocaine, I stopped and told the woman "Look at her(pointing to my wife as she walked away). That is my wife. Does it look like I need a woman?" She is stunning.

So, in conclusion, you can legally pay more or legally pay less for Microsoft products.

Offline msmob

« Reply #72 on: December 24, 2019, 09:31:40 PM »
When I told everyone I use OpenOffice which is free office software, it didn't register with you. Thanks for the tip anyway.

What 'registered' with me was the 'point' of the thread ...  given you claim to use OO....

You seem to encounter dodgy software and characters on your travels...

Offline BillyB

« Reply #73 on: December 26, 2019, 07:13:24 PM »

Based on the number of views the girl photo got compared to the computer monitor photo, it's apparent you guy are more interested in girls.

Online 2tallbill

• Living the dream
« Reply #74 on: August 10, 2021, 01:46:35 PM »
I do.  It is massive self justification for stealing where he may.   It is like saying: 
"I didn't get caught, so it is not against the law."   Like all of those sub-contractors
that Trump intentionally didn't pay.   Wow.  It costs too much to prosecute me, so it
can't be against the law.

The next thing you will say is that you shouldn't tell a foreign girl that you
got a vasectomy (when you didn't) just so you don't have to wear a raincoat.

FSUW are not for entry level daters
FSUW don't do vague
FSUW like a man of action. Be a man of action 
If you find a promising girl, get your butt on a plane.
There are a hundred ways to be successful and a thousand ways to f#ck it up
Just kiss the girl, don't ask her first. Tolerate NO excuses!

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8883
Latest: Leroy14
New This Month: 1
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 541002
Total Topics: 20849
Most Online Today: 2013
Most Online Ever: 12701
(January 14, 2020, 07:04:55 AM)
Users Online
Members: 11
Guests: 1864
Total: 1875

+-Recent Posts

Re: What to do by krimster2
Today at 09:47:10 AM

What to do by 2tallbill
Today at 09:37:41 AM

Re: If you don't know what you are talking about, post away anyway by 2tallbill
Today at 09:18:17 AM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Today at 07:00:25 AM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Brillynt
Today at 06:16:36 AM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Yesterday at 09:20:42 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Infoman
Yesterday at 09:12:54 PM

Yesterday at 09:02:12 PM

American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Infoman
Yesterday at 08:45:42 PM

Re: What to do by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 07:59:27 PM