It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: Best dating sites for the Brits?  (Read 5534 times)

Offline ukthesis

Best dating sites for the Brits?
« on: April 03, 2013, 12:23:05 PM »
Can I get advice on better dating sites for the Russians? I live in the UK.

Someone I know recommended Tau2, and he found his fiancee through it.  On the other hand, I did read that the top site was Anastasia.  However, it seems geared more towards Americans.  For example, their group tours to Russia all seem to start out from America.

My mate told me that I need to find one where many of the ladies speak a degree of English, otherwise there are a lot of complications involved in translations.  And a dating site that, ideally, does Skype hookups, so that you can actually "meet" the ladies and have a basic conversation, if they do indeed speak a modicum of English.  This way you and her get to know each other better.

Two other pieces of very helpful advice he gave.  First, try to go for the Ukrainian ladies, because flights to the Ukraine are good from the UK.  I'm not sure if he said getting a visa would be easier, perhaps not.  Secondly, try to get really good photos of yourself displayed on your profile on the dating site, since that may get more interest from the women over there. 

The other thing.  You need to get to know the woman well before commitment.  I know of someone else, and he ended up marrying a Russian lady who it turns out could be violent.  He didn't realise it until they hitched up.

Cheers.

Offline simila

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
  • Trips: > 10
Re: Best dating sites for the Brits?
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2013, 02:10:06 PM »
Hi , from one fellow Brit to another !
I have lived in Kharkov (also spelt Kharkiv) for over 4 years now.
I am married to a local lady and have two grown up step daughters.
There is an English guy in Ukraine who owns and runs a Dating site, he is called Ray and his business is Ukraine Dating Agency. Ray set up his business because he was fed up with all the scammers.
With my wife we own an apartment business , Kharkov For Rent , which was established over 12 years ago. W get many guys coming over on Dating trips , especially Americans , normally 60+ year olds chasing under 25 year olds !
They believe the hype on Anastasia ( a site I recommend you stay away from) that the Ukraine young girls are happy with a guy 20 years older , yeh right , who is fooling who ! That has scammer written all over it .
I don't know how old you are , but there are so many beautiful women in Kharkov , from 20-50 , so be realistic on your age expectation and you are less Likely to get scammed.
Kiev , Odessa , Nikolaev are as I'm told known scam cities .
Kharkov being so far East has a better reputation. If you are a younger guy and you are looking to meet a sub 25 year old , well kharkov has over 11 Universities with thousands of beautiful students.
As for English , well I have lived in kharkov over 4 years and my Russian is dam near non existant , so don't worry. But most Dating sites will send a "translator" with the girl , I think it is only natural as it gives the girl some protection and a way of summing you up too.  Many ladies just think the foreign guys want to come over , stay a week and get layed and never come back. So remember she will be looking at you too.
I know many Ukraine ladies of different ages and they are all wonderful , beautiful, , soft , kind , loving and most of all caring. Why more English guys don't come over I can't understand, it is a great place to find a beautiful partner.
Come over , stay a while and see for yourself.
Please support ;
International Children's Heart Foundation in Ukraine
Facebook ; www.facebook.com/Kharkov.ICHF

Offline CDW

• Opted-Out
  • Spouse's Country: Other Eastern Europe
  • Trips: 1 - 3
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2013, 02:39:22 PM »
his business is Ukraine Dating Agency.

Too much advertising and very old website!!!
I am an X-MEN called "WOVO Man"

Offline Manny

• Commercial Member
  • Spouse's Country: Russia
  • Trips: > 10
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2013, 02:52:11 PM »
Most foreign facing English language sites are aimed at the American market, as it is the largest English speaking market.

But more women want to stay in Europe than live in the US if thinking of relocation, and using a site geared up for and aimed at Americans is no hardship really is it? We speak the same language right? (Well, almost).

Small private owned sites in Russia used to be where it is at, but there are few left any more. Ukraine is a hotbed of scamming, Americans and sex tourism - from your other writings, I doubt you yet have the skills to get it right there as there seems to be a huge anti-scam learning curve there that isn't very evident elsewhere. Most blokes I know who have married the last few years have married women from Belarus or the Stans.

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8883
Latest: Leroy14
New This Month: 1
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 540997
Total Topics: 20849
Most Online Today: 2013
Most Online Ever: 12701
(January 14, 2020, 07:04:55 AM)
Users Online
Members: 9
Guests: 1975
Total: 1984

+-Recent Posts

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Yesterday at 09:20:42 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Infoman
Yesterday at 09:12:54 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Yesterday at 09:02:12 PM

American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Infoman
Yesterday at 08:45:42 PM

Re: What to do by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 07:59:27 PM

Ukrainian refugee working for me now by ML
Yesterday at 07:04:53 PM

Ukrainian refugee working for me now by ML
Yesterday at 06:59:45 PM

Re: What to do by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 06:57:42 PM

Re: If you don't know what you are talking about, post away anyway by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 06:36:52 PM

Re: Twenty Years... and Counting (MarkInTx Update) by supranatural
Yesterday at 03:02:29 PM