It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: Update - 13 years later  (Read 212985 times)

Offline Patagonie

• >25 travels
  • Spouse's Country: Ukraine
  • Trips: > 10
Re: Update - 13 years later
« Reply #125 on: July 28, 2013, 05:49:26 AM »
Happy marriages don't end in divorce. Hence the word "happy". There must have been some years of unhappiness. Or indifference. In fact, indifference would explain very well this bizarroworld romantic story. I guess the house was pretty big and nobody was in anyone's way, perhaps with a few separate entrances. That's happiness.
I do agree. The level of BOTH satisfaction given all along this marriage is not informed as of course one person is missing here. We also guess who puts some distance with the other. However, in the statisticals for a western country, 13 years is not bad at all, especially in the particular conditions we know.
"Je glissais through the paper wall, an angel in the hand, s taboy. I lay on the floor, surgi des chants de Maldoror, je mix l'intégrale de mes nuits de crystal, i belong to the festival.

Offline Gator

• Spouse's Country: Russia
« Reply #126 on: July 28, 2013, 08:50:04 AM »
No way I would share the man.

Nor would I want to be shared IF  one particular woman was really important to me.  And I would not want to share her with another man. 

Thus, Fashionista's explanation is the valid one IMO based on what we know:

... indifference would explain very well this bizarroworld romantic story.

A prolonged state of indifference sounds so unfulfilling.   One wants a companion for the heart, and without a fulfilling companion we look elsewhere.  However, is marriage to someone new the answer.  Or is it repeating the same mistake? 

Maybe the OP and his wife need some marriage therapy to reignite the spark between them.  Maybe therapy would help identify some needed personal changes.

« Last Edit: July 28, 2013, 08:56:21 AM by Gator »

Offline Anotherkiwi

• Trips: 1 - 3
« Reply #127 on: July 28, 2013, 05:37:50 PM »

A prolonged state of indifference sounds so unfulfilling.   One wants a companion for the heart, and without a fulfilling companion we look elsewhere.  However, is marriage to someone new the answer.  Or is it repeating the same mistake? 

Maybe the OP and his wife need some marriage therapy to reignite the spark between them.  Maybe therapy would help identify some needed personal changes.

Sounds just like BillyB's advice to Aloe!  8)

Offline Gator

« Reply #128 on: July 28, 2013, 07:28:28 PM »

Any marriage in trouble should consider some form of counseling. 

Offline BillyB

« Reply #129 on: August 03, 2013, 11:19:20 PM »

Any marriage in trouble should consider some form of counseling.

Nobody needs to be ashamed to get help for something as important as saving their marriage.

Not exactly since you're implying I recommend a counselor at the first sign of marital problems. Years ago when Aloe's marriage was in trouble and I figured her husband was too immature to take the lead, I recommended she make changes to herself to improve and hopefully her husband would follow. Only when I determined both parties could not fix their problems, I recommended an outside party.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2013, 11:21:32 PM by BillyB »
Fund the audits, spread the word and educate people, write your politicians and other elected officials. Stay active in the fight to save our country. Over 220 generals and admirals say we are in a fight for our survival like no other time since 1776.

Online northkape

« Reply #130 on: August 04, 2013, 03:52:07 AM »
Lena --- counseling......... haha x8
Me ----- counseling......... haha x10
-
And what is a happy marriage?
Just all of those not ending in a divorce,,,,, flawed logic, no?
By the same logic, a divorce has to be an unhappy marriage,,, yes?
-
I'm sitting here in my living room next to Lena.
We have been alone in the house these last days,,
since our boys aren't flying home from Ukraine before tomorrow afternoon.
Although most of the conversation has been about her plans for redecorating her new apartment,
she has also listened with great interest to my story about the search for a new wife in her home country.
Even though we decided to divorce almost a year ago, we are still able to find enjoyment in being together.
If it was a mistake for us to marry I would be happy to repeat that mistake,,,, best decision I ever made.
Looking back we have had some really nice years together, but some things in our lives just changed,,,,,,
-
Getting into my boys life, well I'm already close to being their brother more than their father...
-
Also I don't know who is out of touch with reality, me and the women I have met with, or some of those commenting here??
In writing and when meeting I have openly explained exactly the truth about my life with Lena and the forthcoming separation and divorce.
And these women understood it all perfectly well after having all of their questions honestly answered.
As far as I could tell they would also be happy to find a friend in Lena if possible.
Exactly what happened this afternoon when my Lady from Kiev chatted with Lena on the phone for almost an hour.

Some statistics from my 24 days in Ukraine
After writing a large amount of precisely targeted letters during the past months,
I have been driving a total distance of almost 10.000 km / 6.200 miles
to cities all over Ukraine to meet with all the women I found interesting.
All of these women fit inside a very narrow range of age, height, weight and education.
They were all slim, attractive, beautiful 8-10 and had a single child aged from 5 - 15
All of them claimed to have higher education, most of them having either PhD / master / bachelor degrees.
among them, one doctor, two lawyers, one scientist, one architect and many in high level management.
Four of them arrived at the meeting in their own car.
One of the lawyers drove 350 km out of Kiev on her own to be able to meet with me.
English level was from fluent to none, I had my doubts about this as my Russian is below basic.
I carried with me two iPhones with google voice translating and Kivy Star internet in one of them.
In addition I had a high speed CDMA modem with prepaid internet connected to my laptop.
So even if the WiFi in the chosen restaurant was failing I was still covered. 
A good internet connection was for many reasons an absolute requirement for my strategy.

The failed Meetings:
One didn't show up (the one I told about earlier in Kharkov)
One canceled on the day of the meeting.
Two rescheduled into days not available for me because of other meetings.
Eight was canceled by me, among them two favorites, because of me being "weak" and falling in love with a Lady from Kiev in the last days.

The Meetings:
I was able to meet with a total of 14 women aged from 32 to 36 that I had met with on various internet dating sites.
At Kherson marriage agency, I met with an additional four ladies aged from 30 to 41 that they suggested for me.
I knew it from 14 years earlier that I hate having an interpreter in between,,,, so it was a waste of time except for one.
This Kherson lady at age 38 with good English was very nice and of course without interpreter.
We met a second time for a full day, but since she had been with the agency for six years I figured she would never marry and moved on.
Those I had been writing one or more / many letters with:
Two were total failures with a dislike from both sides, (also limited conversation ahead)
One had in my opinion less than honest intentions, unfortunately I didn't listen to my instant intuition and wasted two days with her.
One stayed with me for a full day of interesting conversation even if we both understood immediately that there was no connection.
Out of the remaining I met with four of them twice or more, and there were also three more that I would have liked to meet again.
These seven women were all very attractive as a potensial wife for me, and I would have loved to spend more time with them.
They were incredibly nice and pleasant personalities for me to be with, and each of them made it very difficult for me to continue the search.
Sometimes we continued our meeting into the night till they had to leave for work in the early morning.
There was also an immediate strong physical attraction from both sides with two out of these seven women.
Even if I had promised to myself not to fall in love during the search I couldn't help it.
I canceled the remaining list and lived together with my Lady from Kiev in her flat for the last five days of my trip.

Will try to write a comprehensive summary of my strategy and planning later.
From what I had read here and in other forums I was expecting it to be difficult finding a suitable wife in Ukraine again.
All in all the results from this trip was so far above expectations I still feel overwhelmed by all the conflicting feelings inside me.
The only letdown being unable to meet with all of those I had extensive writings with and the bad feelings for those I had to disappoint.
On the upside some of the women have expressed interest in meeting with me again, if I fail with my present choice in the coming year.

Photos will follow when time allows.....
Jan

Offline Gator

« Reply #131 on: August 04, 2013, 07:01:16 AM »

And what is a happy marriage?
Just all of those not ending in a divorce,,,,, flawed logic, no?
By the same logic, a divorce has to be an unhappy marriage,,, yes?

Looking back we have had some really nice years together, but some things in our lives just changed,,,,,,

I am an old-timer who has seen a lot in life.  I believe what you say about you and your wife.  So this post is not in disagreement with your situation.  In fact, I have seen something similar with a business partner, and I will tell his story. 

Before that, I wish to make an observation about my friends and associates.    Being an old-timer, I have many long-time friends in their 60s and now 70s from business, my university fraternity and other opportunities.  I have seen their lives unfold as well as their marriages.  What I find unusual is that more than 67% of them are still with their first wife.  Jan, you say you and your wife are happy.   I attest that these many men still married to their first wife are very happy.   So are their wives.   

Perhaps these are just naturally happy men, optimistic and kind and generous.  This would explain why I maintained my friendship with them over 3-4 decades; after all, who wants to be friends with a bitter grump?!   

The following is a key point.  All of these marriages went though changes, yet all adjusted together.  Is it too late to keep your marriage?  Seemingly that would be the goal considering your self-expressed state of happiness.

Now my story about a business partner whose story is similar to yours.    Nearing retirement he and his wife decided to divorce after nearly 30 years of happy marriage.    They wanted to stay together, but thought it best to separate.  Their divorce was so amicable that they negotiated terms without using an attorney.  They retained an attorney only at the end just to memorialize legally  their agreement (used the same attorney for a total bill of $500).  Years later, they still call each other and say "Love you" when hanging up.

As with you, things had changed.  At retirement he wanted to live full-time on a farm, and she wanted to stay in the large city.   Their two children had grown into adulthood, fully employed in their own career paths.

In summary, the two grew apart, and that happens frequently.  Maybe they were the best for each other in their child rearing and money making stages.   If they had stayed together, inevitably there would have been conflicts.

He now has a younger girlfriend who travels with him to wilderness areas without flush toilets, something his wife would have refused.  He lives on his large farm alone other than his cows and help.   He is very happy being a steward of the land. 

A critical point was at the tine of divorce they settled the division of assets without getting attorneys involved.  It not only saved a large legal bill, it kept their relationship amicable.

Jan, I hope your deliberations are clear such that you make the best decision.  If the decision is a new wife, I hope you find a new woman with whom both of you will be very happy over the decades in front of you.  I hope your children will be happy as well and go mostly unaffected by your divorce. 

Offline GQBlues

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: None (yet)
« Reply #132 on: August 04, 2013, 08:21:32 AM »
Lena --- counseling......... haha x8
Me ----- counseling......... haha x10...
Photos will follow when time allows.....
Jan

Good, bad or indifferent I'm in more ways a lot like you (or your perspective). I maintained a caring relationships with women I've had meaningful, intimate and loving relationships with in the past. I am godfather to two kids from an ex-GF who I hold very dear in my heart. My wife not only understands, but feels secure with me even more after she met my ex and her husband.

When she and I broke up, I signed for her apartment lease, furnished it, gave her emotional and financial support until she's able to get her certification, and today, she's an accomplished interior decorator in the west side. She tells me her life's stability, financially and emotionally, was in great measure because of my continued care even after our thrill was gone.

Not too many men can tell you they can remain civil and caring for the women they choose not to be with, or aren't with any longer. This is definitely something you should be proud of.

The only place we're different, from what I can see is, I can never go back to Russia/FSU/MOB if something ever happens with my marriage. I'm very content and more than satisfied with our local native talent. I've lived far more than a full life anyway, and had gotten far more than my share so I breathe no insecurity if I find myself 'single' as I can never be lonely being alone.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2013, 08:38:35 AM by GQBlues »
Quote from: msmob
1. Because of 'man', global warming is causing desert and arid areas to suffer long, dry spell.
2. The 2018 Camp Fire and Woolsey California wildfires are forests burning because of global warming.
3. N95 mask will choke you dead after 30 min. of use.

Offline ML

« Reply #133 on: August 04, 2013, 10:06:32 AM »

The Meetings:
I was able to meet with a total of 14 women aged from 32 to 36 that I had met with on various internet dating sites.
At Kherson marriage agency, I met with an additional four ladies aged from 30 to 41 that they suggested for me.
I knew it from 14 years earlier that I hate having an interpreter in between,,,, so it was a waste of time except for one.
This Kherson lady at age 38 with good English was very nice and of course without interpreter.
We met a second time for a full day, but since she had been with the agency for six years I figured she would never marry and moved on.
Those I had been writing one or more / many letters with:
Two were total failures with a dislike from both sides, (also limited conversation ahead)
One had in my opinion less than honest intentions, unfortunately I didn't listen to my instant intuition and wasted two days with her.
One stayed with me for a full day of interesting conversation even if we both understood immediately that there was no connection.
Out of the remaining I met with four of them twice or more, and there were also three more that I would have liked to meet again.
These seven women were all very attractive as a potensial wife for me, and I would have loved to spend more time with them.
They were incredibly nice and pleasant personalities for me to be with, and each of them made it very difficult for me to continue the search.
Sometimes we continued our meeting into the night till they had to leave for work in the early morning.
There was also an immediate strong physical attraction from both sides with two out of these seven women.
Even if I had promised to myself not to fall in love during the search I couldn't help it.
I canceled the remaining list and lived together with my Lady from Kiev in her flat for the last five days of my trip.

Will try to write a comprehensive summary of my strategy and planning later.

Very good planning and execution.  You have my congratulations on a job well done . . . even if it doesn't work out with the gal you chose.

Seems like you followed the outline of "Pursuing FSUW 101" in  the Starting Out section, even if you never read about it there.

Best to you, your existing family, and your newly emerging family!!  :) :) :) :) :) :)
A beautiful woman is pleasant to look at, but it is easier to live with a pleasant acting one.

Offline Boethius

• Trips: No Selection
« Reply #134 on: August 18, 2013, 12:45:25 AM »

Getting into my boys life, well I'm already close to being their brother more than their father...-
Also I don't know who is out of touch with reality, me and the women I have met with, or some of those commenting here??
In writing and when meeting I have openly explained exactly the truth about my life with Lena and the forthcoming separation and divorce.
And these women understood it all perfectly well after having all of their questions honestly answered.
As far as I could tell they would also be happy to find a friend in Lena if possible.
Exactly what happened this afternoon when my Lady from Kiev chatted with Lena on the phone for almost an hour.

You are not your sons' 58 year old brother.  You are their father.  As a father, your role is different.  Your boys have not yet even reached puberty.  You should be nurturing and protecting them, putting their needs ahead of your need for a wife.

You have not yet even told your boys about destroying their family, and, without Mama having even moved from the matrimonial home, you are already on a quest to build a new family, likely, complete with a step sibling. 

I find your attitude toward this life altering event in your children's lives incredibly selfish.  Have you considered the impact telling your children of your split will have on them before foisting a new woman on them and into their lives?
After the fall of communism, the biggest mistake Boris Yeltsin's regime made was not to disband the KGB altogether. Instead it changed its name to the FSB and, to many observers, morphed into a gangster organisation, eventually headed by master criminal Vladimir Putin. - Gerard Batten

Offline PaulK

• Spouse's Country: Other Eastern Europe
« Reply #135 on: August 18, 2013, 04:24:32 AM »
You are not your sons' 58 year old brother.  You are their father.  As a father, your role is different.  Your boys have not yet even reached puberty.  You should be nurturing and protecting them, putting their needs ahead of your need for a wife.

You have not yet even told your boys about destroying their family, and, without Mama having even moved from the matrimonial home, you are already on a quest to build a new family, likely, complete with a step sibling. 

I find your attitude toward this life altering event in your children's lives incredibly selfish.  Have you considered the impact telling your children of your split will have on them before foisting a new woman on them and into their lives?

I wish there was a "Like" button here.

Offline mendeleyev

• RWD Advisor
  • Trips: Resident
« Reply #136 on: August 18, 2013, 07:54:59 AM »
I wish there was a "Like" button here.

Exactly.

I've read thru this mess, shook my head in disbelief, and agree 10,000 percent with Bo's comments.
The Mendeleyev Journal. http://mendeleyevjournal.com Member: Congress of Russian Journalists; ЖУРНАЛИСТЫ.RU (Journalist-Russia); ЖУРНАЛИСТЫ.UA (Journalist-Ukraine); ЖУРНАЛИСТЫ.KZ (Journalist-Kazakhstan); ПОРТАЛ ЖУРНАЛИСТОВ (Portal of RU-UA Journalists); Просто Журналисты ("Just Journalists").

Offline ML

« Reply #137 on: August 18, 2013, 10:01:39 AM »
After just seeing the posts by Boe and Mendy; I must backtrack a little on my post just before Boe's.

I must admit I didn't keep up with the OPs entire story, and missed any mention of still being married, the children not knowing of coming split, etc.

I just meant to comment on his planning and carry through of a WMVM . . . but I should not have left the impression that I agreed with his timing of such.    :-[ :(   
A beautiful woman is pleasant to look at, but it is easier to live with a pleasant acting one.

Offline Gator

« Reply #138 on: August 18, 2013, 11:37:30 AM »

I find your attitude toward this life altering event in your children's lives incredibly selfish.

Boethius, your point is so obvious.  And it contradicts the state of bliss he claims to enjoy with his wife. 

There must be much more to the story than he reveals.  We can only guess, and I have no clue.  Maybe my joke is true about his marrying his wife's sister merely to facilitate her immigration. 

Aloe's husband said he would divorce Aloe if she did not vacuum or get a tan.  Northkape's wife did look pale in the photo. 

Offline jone

« Reply #139 on: August 18, 2013, 12:26:32 PM »
Am I the only one that thinks that this is a 'retribution' marriage?  She's leaving me so I am gonna show her how good I can have it without her?  Oh and she says 'do your worst, honey, I'll even help you.' 

Somewhere there is an ill though out idea that the boys will be better with continuity.  Having gone through a marital split, with children, it simply doesn't work that way.  When my marriage was breaking up, we actually went to counselling as a family so the kids could work out the fact that the family unit was no longer intact.  To this day, neither my ex wife or I speak of anything other than affection for the other in front of our children. 
Kissing girls is a goodness.  It beats the hell out of card games.  - Robert Heinlein

Offline Jumper

« Reply #140 on: August 18, 2013, 02:43:48 PM »
Where can I sign up to be 'shared' ?

There was a case here in USA maybe 15-20 years back where a wealthy 'society gal' along east coast somewhere, paid some money to husband and wife to 'share' the husband a certain number of days per year or some such.

The guy was an uneducated blue collar worker, but he was pretty good at tennis, and this wealthy gal wanted him mainly for that, but there were other services involved also.

It was actually taken to court I believe because, after some time and after payment had been already made for the coming year, the wife wanted to back out of the deal and maintain full 'custody' of her husband.  The wealthy gal was suing for breach of contract and specific performance.

Anyone else remember that case?

yeah, by court  order I had to fulfill the contracts stipulations.

( i really thought vinny would answer this one)

Online northkape

« Reply #141 on: August 27, 2013, 10:19:07 AM »

Jan, I hope your deliberations are clear such that you make the best decision.  If the decision is a new wife, I hope you find a new woman with whom both of you will be very happy over the decades in front of you.  I hope your children will be happy as well and go mostly unaffected by your divorce. 

Thanks Gator
Yes, finding what I consider to be the right woman.....
Might take some time to sort her out from the herd
And if I'm able to keep everything civilized and smooth between me and Lena as we have planned,
the change in family life for me and my boys will be slow and gradual over the next year or so before finally remarrying.

Not too many men can tell you they can remain civil and caring for the women they choose not to be with, or aren't with any longer. This is definitely something you should be proud of.
Thanks,, I never had any bad relationships with women GQ,,,
and I definitely wouldn't want to start one with the mother of my sons.

Very good planning and execution.  You have my congratulations on a job well done . . . even if it doesn't work out with the gal you chose.
Seems like you followed the outline of "Pursuing FSUW 101" in  the Starting Out section, even if you never read about it there.
Best to you, your existing family, and your newly emerging family!!
Thanks,,,, Well, I have to admit never reading it ML
But of course it's the logical way to proceed with a search
And I think you will be amazed by my setup to monitor interests in the prospects...
More details later.

As of today Lena is still living together with us,
even though she got the keys for her apartment 1st of August.
She wants to move, and I have no objections, but,,,
Before moving she wants to redecorate all of her apartment, and again it takes time.....
Yes, you can only guess who is the trusted one to be in charge of the process.

And we finally got the separation papers sent at the beginning of the month.
I can't marry again before a year after the date they are accepted.
But they aren't yet verified because of some missing documentation from Lena.
And she will not send it till after she has moved.

Our relationship is rather edgy at the moment because of this ongoing conflict.
She wants me to prioritize my part of the redecoration,
so she can move and send the missing documents.
I want her to move to have the papers accepted.
At the same time she isn't keeping up with her part of the deal,,,
helping me with some paper work related to my business.
And I'm short on available time now that the school for my boys has started again.
Most probably it will be another month or two before she finally leaves.

And I really need to go back to Ukraine to sort out whom to continue writing with.
Following is a photo from the one I got attached to during my stay in Kiev last month.
Jan

Offline Patagonie

• >25 travels
« Reply #142 on: August 28, 2013, 02:09:59 AM »
Nice job.
Keep continuing to post here.
"Je glissais through the paper wall, an angel in the hand, s taboy. I lay on the floor, surgi des chants de Maldoror, je mix l'intégrale de mes nuits de crystal, i belong to the festival.

Online northkape

« Reply #143 on: December 02, 2013, 08:24:08 AM »
Well,,,,  I arrived in Ukraine this Friday evening for the third trip to Ukraine this year...
-
After a lot of trouble again, with the car rental company, I was arriving in the center of Kiev at approx. 17 in the evening.
Just in time for a shave and change of clothes at the toilet of a gas station, before picking up Kiev33 after work at 18.00 outside her office.
Kiev33 was only two weeks old in my prospect list, with a couple of mails and a Skype session showcasing her very good English.
When entering my car, she greeted me with a warm smile and a somewhat fishy handshake, looking me directly into the eyes....
Apparently liking what she saw,, as her eyes stays focused when I welcomed her with a short phrase.
-
Kiev33 had a single, terrible photo on her profile but looked much better on her crappy web camera.
In my car however, I had an elegantly dressed, stunning beauty with a friendly and inviting attitude towards me.
We were supposed to go to a small coffee shop she was familiar with, for a cup of coffee and a little chat together,
but not being a car driver herself she couldn't remember the correct route, so we got a little lost.
We were so busy talking, that it was another half an hour of aimless driving before we stopped in front of a random restaurant.
Not only was Kiev33 beautiful, and borderline sexily dressed in such a way that it was difficult to keep my eyes politely focused on her smile, 
she turned out to also be a great conversationist that was well read and knowledgable in many topics of common interest between us.
-
Sorry,, I was interrupted just now by a totally unknown Kharkiv36 that want's to meet with me now, before my business meeting with a young software developer in one and a half hour here in Kharkov....
Will update when time allows...

Online northkape

« Reply #144 on: December 02, 2013, 04:03:29 PM »
Then todays meetings are done with, and I can return to a few more lines about Friday evening..
While I wait for the snowing and all traffic on roads to end....
Roads are slippery as a skating rink and my rental car has summer tires,
so I have decided to drive to Dniepropetrovsk during the night when there is close to zero traffic.
-
The ice-cream on my French apple pie had long since melted when I got around to taste the first bit of it.
Me and Kiev33 got entangled in such a long winded conversation,
that I never even got the opportunity to show her the photos and videos I had prepared for her on my laptop.
Our allotted time for the evening was done with as if someone had advanced the clock without us noticing it.
She had to pick up her daughter at half past nine,, not to be argued at all.
Before getting out of the car to open the door for her, I gave her light kiss on the cheek,
and then one of the nicely wrapped perfume bottles Lena had chosen for my prospects this summer.
Kiev33 unwrapped with a big smile, returning the kiss on the cheek,,,,
if she was telling the truth it was her favorite perfume.
-
When car began moving I picked up the phone and called Kiev32, the beauty on the photo from the summer trip above,,,
I spent every minute of five days and night together with her at that time,
but dropped her a few weeks after returning back home,,, not completely however.
We have been in touch regularly by phone and short messages, about our progress with finding a new partner.
She knew I was coming to Kiev and I had to promise to visit her,, a very difficult decision to make,,
as I knew exactly what would happen as soon as she opened the door.
It was just as if I had left her the day before, my heart suddenly turning into red pudding and I was lost.
After a 48 hour trip on pink clouds we were taken back to earth with the help of another of our silly arguments about nothing.
I saw an opportunity to save the rest of my trip, and asked her if she would be more comfortable without me in her home....
Wrapping up my suitcase in a minute and leaving without even kissing her goodbye,,, before she was able to change her mind.
After a little driving and several calls from Kiev32 that I didn't answer, I stopped the car for writing a few necessary mails,
I was desperate to catch up with my broken schedule and decided to drive to Kharkov during the night. 
More to come when I have time available....
« Last Edit: December 02, 2013, 07:21:09 PM by northkape »

Offline Gator

« Reply #145 on: December 02, 2013, 04:29:11 PM »
Northkape,

You tell an interesting story.  Thanks, and keep it up please.

Do I understand correctly?  You  stayed the night at Kiev32's flat; however you were dating Kiev33 earlier that evening.    Do you need a wheelbarrow to carry your big testicles when you walk?  Actually I can top that.  One of my golfing friends shagged another woman while on his honeymoon. 

And two days later after enjoying much red pudding(?) you had an argument with Kiev32 (something the two of you do a lot) and moved out.  I like the "moving out" part as life is too short to spend much of it in argument. 

Another point, I do not believe I ever greeted a RW for the first time with a handshake.  In America some women shake hands; however, I never extend my hand first. 

And what is with the chin kisses?  I understand cheek kisses and air kisses, but not chin kisses.  Women are usually much shorter than me and a chin kiss would require some awkward contortion.  And if you are that close to her lips, why not a quick gentle kiss on the lips?   I am still learning from other cultures.

Offline lonedrake

• Trips: No Selection
« Reply #146 on: December 02, 2013, 05:15:13 PM »
but dropped her a few weeks after returning back home,,, not completely however.

Yes,,,,you never know when a date leaves you early.....it is sooooo nice to have a back-up lay...just in case.

Offline ML

« Reply #147 on: December 02, 2013, 07:36:33 PM »

And what is with the chin kisses?

Yeah Gator . . . as in where did you get this chin idea.  Not in his posting . . . unless he modified before I read.

Online northkape

« Reply #148 on: December 02, 2013, 08:34:03 PM »
Thanks for correcting the "cheek" part Gator, just a mixup of languages...
And I agree somewhat about the handshake also,,
just that I have had a lot of women among customers in my life at home, so it's the natural way for me to greet a woman.

And no, Kiev32 isn't a backup,, she is a great woman that I might end up marrying if nothing very special gets a foot into the door opening.
She is totally independent, well educated and able to learn by herself, ambitious, strong and a little too much woman at the same time.
As a mother "stand-in" for my boys she will do very well, I admire the way she has raised her own little boy on her own.
A joy to be around at almost all times, happy and loving her life, even as rough and demanding life can be for a single mother in Ukraine.
But I prefer those with a brain that is wired in a somewhat rational and logical pattern, rather than the "woman logic" pattern.
She lied about smoking in her profile and was able to hide it for two full days,,, but it isn't important at all,
if I love her enough, I should just accept it, and believe her when she promise to quit at some point in the future.
I might have to just accept that, along with several other "important for me" bad traits that she see no reason to try to change.

Actually we have had few arguments, and they aren't about nothing seen from her side,
it's just that she fails to understand that I might choose to marry another woman instead of her, if she is so stubborn about her views.

It's now, half past five in the morning here in Dniepropetrovsk, and I will try to slumber off a little just sitting here in the car,,
More about the evening i in Kharkov later
« Last Edit: December 02, 2013, 08:37:13 PM by northkape »

Offline Gator

« Reply #149 on: December 02, 2013, 09:36:13 PM »
Thanks for correcting the "cheek" part Gator, just a mixup of languages...

:) :) :) :)   Your English was superb elsewhere.  Glad to know you meant cheek.  I was thinking about kissing my wife on her chin.

And no, Kiev32 isn't a backup,, she is a great woman that I might end up marrying if nothing very special gets a foot into the door opening.
She is totally independent, well educated and able to learn by herself, ambitious, strong and a little too much woman at the same time.
As a mother "stand-in" for my boys she will do very well, I admire the way she has raised her own little boy on her own.
A joy to be around at almost all times, happy and loving her life, even as rough and demanding life can be for a single mother in Ukraine.
But I prefer those with a brain that is wired in a somewhat rational and logical pattern, rather than the "woman logic" pattern.

That's no fun.  A little argument is good if not repeating the same old argument.  Then when both of you compromise, the makeup sex is very good.  However, if she never compromises, I would proceed very carefully.
she lied about smoking in her profile and was able to hide it for two full
days,,,

So you did not kiss passionately for two days.    :D   

Let me guess, based on how you described this woman, she said it was your fault that she started smoking again.  You made her nervous.   :)

but it isn't important at all, if I love her enough, I should just accept it, and believe her when she promise to quit at some point in the future.

It would be important to me.  I would want to see her deliver her promise to stop smoking.

It's now, half past five in the morning here in Dniepropetrovsk, and I will try to slumber off a little just sitting here in the car,,     

Be careful please.

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8883
Latest: Leroy14
New This Month: 1
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 541012
Total Topics: 20849
Most Online Today: 2013
Most Online Ever: 12701
(January 14, 2020, 07:04:55 AM)
Users Online
Members: 11
Guests: 1913
Total: 1924

+-Recent Posts

American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by 2tallbill
Today at 04:48:07 PM

Re: What to do by krimster2
Today at 04:37:18 PM

If you don't know what you are talking about, post away anyway by 2tallbill
Today at 04:17:08 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Today at 02:48:08 PM

Re: What to do by krimster2
Today at 01:09:03 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Trenchcoat
Today at 12:51:13 PM

Re: What to do by Trenchcoat
Today at 12:33:48 PM

Re: If you don't know what you are talking about, post away anyway by Trenchcoat
Today at 12:24:44 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Today at 11:16:08 AM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by ML
Today at 10:31:43 AM