It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: Update - 13 years later  (Read 212974 times)

Offline Gator

• Spouse's Country: Russia
  • Trips: > 10
Re: Update - 13 years later
« Reply #375 on: December 18, 2013, 10:30:24 AM »
As a warning to those who may tread upon thee, please change your signature to read,

find the way to give this person a reciprocal lesson, as painful (emotionally and financially) as possible

Having witnessed some instances of revenge, I do not believe revenge is good for anyone.  It is an ugly emotion, requiring much negative energy.  If "love and forgiveness" don't work, forget about it.   If it continues,  move on to more positive pursuits.  If you are stalked, call law enforcement or get an attorney. 

Offline GQBlues

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: None (yet)
« Reply #376 on: December 18, 2013, 10:37:43 AM »
...This isn't normal behavior.

As I said to GQ, I would be pissed off if some stranger started contacting me.  I don't want unstable people contacting me because they don't like what someone said online.   

Maybe you will be and maybe you won't. Maybe you'd look at it as abnormal behavior, maybe you won't. It may have to do with what information you may deem vital in the future. But that's speculation regarding YOUR personal outlook and situation.

But staying within the context of this story, the fact is the OP INVITED anyone to contact his wife if they so choose. Fact #2 - the wife apparently is NOT averse, unlike you, to be contacted by complete strangers during her hubby's wife-hunting activities and such activities would included his reporting of his trips.

So, either cases is hardly even remotely close for comparison to be offered as a point in this debate.
Quote from: msmob
1. Because of 'man', global warming is causing desert and arid areas to suffer long, dry spell.
2. The 2018 Camp Fire and Woolsey California wildfires are forests burning because of global warming.
3. N95 mask will choke you dead after 30 min. of use.

Offline GQBlues

« Reply #377 on: December 18, 2013, 10:44:02 AM »
What the OP does with his life and lot is his own personal business. No one needs to accept or like it although telling your tale on a public forum is an open subscription to read/hear what people think of it. Deal with it.

I complimented the OP for being civil with his wife despite the looming divorce they face. Unlike the many experiences and paths people had taken with their OWN respective divorces, some of whom are in this thread offering silly opinions; my compliment doesn't go beyond what he deems he needs to do considering his personal situation and circumstances as a 'father' to two teenagers in their present *highly-impressionable* ages.
1. Because of 'man', global warming is causing desert and arid areas to suffer long, dry spell.
2. The 2018 Camp Fire and Woolsey California wildfires are forests burning because of global warming.

Offline Muzh

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
« Reply #378 on: December 18, 2013, 11:53:48 AM »
Actually, Northkape's overall actions make complete sense to me now after his recent elaborations.

Hence, Northkape had to travel early as part of the succession plan.  And his wife Lena not only agreed, she helped him in almost every aspect of his trip and meetings with UW.  So where does my logic come asunder.   

After being besieged by the RWD Protect Lena Committee, Northkape clarified this yesterday.  He says everything is kosher.  And Lena did not cut all connections, so it seems that either Northkape is correct, or Lena is very understanding and forgiving.

I'm not so sure.

Gears are not meshing here. We have been painted a picture of an Ukrainian woman who is...

To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead. Thomas Paine - The American Crisis 1776-1783

Offline mies

• Trips: No Selection
« Reply #379 on: December 18, 2013, 12:17:03 PM »
Just because you feel Northkape is morally abusive does not mean the mother of his children feels the same.   

And this is why I do not tell his wife, or even Northkape, what each of them should doblic his  I merely tell the Northkape, in response to his public statement, what I think about his actions.

Are you accusing Northkape of this?  If so, this is not the Mies I know, as this IMO is purely an emotional response. 
Me? No, why?
But if my close friend (it doesn't matter if this is spouse or just a friend) betrayed me and used my trust to jeopardized my career and my well-being for some unclear selfish motives, - this is how it would make me feel, and this is it how I would proceed. Perhaps you don't see it this way, but for me this is a very serious matter. If the person have done something wrong once and it's over/already a sunk cost - sure, it's cheaper to let it go. If he/she continues to do it, and does it - then reaction is not a revenge, it's the mean to stop bad actions against yourself.
There is a protocol for dealing with the terrorists. If they kept hostages but then released them voluntarily - it is one thing. If they still keep hostages and keep threatening and are continuous danger - they will  be treated differently. And it will not be considered a revenge.

Offline Gator

« Reply #380 on: December 18, 2013, 12:18:26 PM »

I'm not so sure.

Gears are not meshing here. We have been painted a picture of an Ukrainian woman who is...[cold as ice]. 

Two clues:   She has lived with the Norse for 13 years and she chose to become a tax auditor. 

Maybe you know some hot-blooded tax auditors who by comparison make PR women seem like dowdy, matronly English ladies having afternoon tea.  I don't.   

Offline Gator

« Reply #381 on: December 18, 2013, 12:24:13 PM »
Are you accusing Northkape of this?

Me? No, why?

But if my close friend (it doesn't matter if this is spouse or just a friend) betrayed me and used my trust to jeopardized my career.....There is a protocol for dealing with the terrorists.....

You say you do not accuse Northkape of such yet you discuss betrayal and terrorism at length in a thread all about Northkape.  It is difficult for me (and probably other readers) to not infer you are talking about Northkape. 

Offline mies

« Reply #382 on: December 18, 2013, 12:26:12 PM »
As a warning to those who may tread upon thee, please change your signature to read,

Having witnessed some instances of revenge, I do not believe revenge is good for anyone.  It is an ugly emotion, requiring much negative energy.  If "love and forgiveness" don't work, forget about it.   If it continues,  move on to more positive pursuits.  If you are stalked, call law enforcement or get an attorney.

Gator, how do you suggest to "continue and move on to positive pursuits"  if an ex-friend shares information which is considered defamation of character and because of it you lose your job, cannot get a new one, and lose your partners and other friends, also lose your home because you lost your job and can't pay mortgage?

Now, to make example less dramatic and more relevant to the OP's case: How do you suggest to "continue and move on to positive pursuits" if your employer or main source of business asked you to remove any private information about yourself from the web, and the person who is still your spouse and claims to be your friend tells you "darling, I will remove information after I find a new husband, but now we are still married and information stays there, help me find new husband." In my  eyes, this is extortion. This can affect Lena's job, and if she looses job, she can have problems with paying for her new apartment.

Please, do answer me what will be your actions in such case. In simple language, just list steps what would you do.

As in:
- roll my eyes
- sigh and say "Oh, God"
- forget about the story and start looking for new job

or perhaps something else.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2013, 12:31:01 PM by mies »

Offline mies

« Reply #383 on: December 18, 2013, 12:27:17 PM »
You say you do not accuse Northkape of such yet you discuss betrayal and terrorism at length in a thread all about Northkape.  It is difficult for me (and probably other readers) to not infer you are talking about Northkape.
It was a sarcasm.

Offline Gator

« Reply #384 on: December 18, 2013, 12:31:15 PM »
It was a sarcasm.

Why didn't I laugh?  Is this one of those AM don't understand RW humor?  And I thought I had always done well with closing the humor gap. 

Offline Muzh

« Reply #385 on: December 18, 2013, 12:37:09 PM »

I'm not so sure.

Gears are not meshing here. We have been painted a picture of an Ukrainian woman who is...[cold as ice]. 

Two clues:   She has lived with the Norse for 13 years and she chose to become a tax auditor. 

Maybe you know some hot-blooded tax auditors who by comparison make PR women seem like dowdy, matronly English ladies having afternoon tea.  I don't.

So you ARE saying the woman has coldly calculated this whole thing and Northkape is just an innocent bystander.
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead. Thomas Paine - The American Crisis 1776-1783

Offline Gator

« Reply #386 on: December 18, 2013, 12:43:11 PM »

Please, do answer me what will be your actions in such case. In simple language, just list steps what would you do.

As in:
- roll my eyes
- sigh and say "Oh, God"
- forget about the story and start looking for new job

or perhaps something else.

Three something else's:

1.  Ask her to remove it.

2.  If someone in management started to ask questions, I would say "That is my crazy wife.  She is upset over my divorcing her and moving here to take this important position working for you.  Much of what he wrote is his wild imagination.  He will soon tire of this."   

3.  If management listens to the above and deems it harmful to my job, I would obtain an injunction (I am not an attorney but this should compel Northkape to cease and desist, remove everything).   If that did not work, sue for malice.   This is not the Wild, Wild West.  We have rule of law.   

Offline Gator

« Reply #387 on: December 18, 2013, 01:00:01 PM »

So you ARE saying the woman has coldly calculated this whole thing and Northkape is just an innocent bystander.

Objection Your Honor.  The Proscecutor is leading the witness. 

Innocent?  Using the word innocent means you believe there is wrongdoing.   

Northkape's revelations about Lena and her job came only after nosy people (I being one) wanted to know more about why they were divorcing because Lena seemed far better to me than any other possible candidate he could find, and they were already good friends.   

He answered our questions, withholding the obviously personal stuff (and I hope no one feels that they have a right to know Northkape's and Lena's personal matters).  He disclosed Lena is a tax auditor.  His critics accepted his answer yet used it as fuel to criticize him even more.  And when he answered the accusation about jeopardizing Lena's career, his critics did not accept his answer because it would make them shut up.     

Offline Muzh

« Reply #388 on: December 18, 2013, 01:06:06 PM »
Objection Your Honor.  The Proscecutor is leading the witness. 

Innocent?  Using the word innocent means you believe there is wrongdoing.   

Northkape's revelations about Lena and her job came only after nosy people (I being one) wanted to know more about why they were divorcing because Lena seemed far better to me than any other possible candidate he could find, and they were already good friends.   

He answered our questions, withholding the obviously personal stuff (and I hope no one feels that they have a right to know Northkape's and Lena's personal matters).  He disclosed Lena is a tax auditor.  His critics accepted his answer yet used it as fuel to criticize him even more.  And when he answered the accusation about jeopardizing Lena's career, his critics did not accept his answer because it would make them shut up.   

Okay, so you are infering that this is all Lena's doing. Actually, if I remember correctly since I haven't been following this saga intently, I believe that is what Northkape claimed.

That Lena shot the butler with a .45 in the vestibule after retrieving the key to the safebox.

Offline Gator

« Reply #389 on: December 18, 2013, 01:30:49 PM »

Okay, so you are infering that this is all Lena's doing.

Again planting words in my mouth.  Lena and Northkape share responsibility for what happened to their marriage.  Both share parental responsibility for their two sons.

I will summarize it with the term "Irreconcilable differences."

If you belive there has been wrongdoing, both are complicit.  Frankly, I do not see any wrongdoing.  Northkape married a very young woman and had two delightful children whom they love very much. 

Lena married so young that she had never accomplished much in the way of professional achievement or the like.  She would like to know the joy of success so she made the effort to educate herself in a demanding profession.  As it developed, she has much talent and it caught the eye of people with the big interesting  jobs.  She is taking such a position even though it requires her to move.   End of marriage.

I left out the part where somehow Lena and Northkape stopped loving each other.  I can't wait to hear the imagined reasons for that.  Most will say it will be Northkape's fault even though we know nothing about Lena and she will not testify.  I doubt she will testify as she seems too classy for such pettiness.   

I ask that if anyone has a reason for why the two lost their romantic feelings, please tell me the reasons why they fell in love.  One answer would be just as much a speculation as the other.  Developing feelings of love is just as complicated as losing feelings of love.  I defy anyone here to say otherwise.   

Offline LiveFromUkraine

« Reply #390 on: December 18, 2013, 01:37:06 PM »

Maybe you will be and maybe you won't. Maybe you'd look at it as abnormal behavior, maybe you won't. It may have to do with what information you may deem vital in the future. But that's speculation regarding YOUR personal outlook and situation.

No, it isn't speculation on my part.  Yes, I consider someone getting so wrapped up in an online message board to the point they feel the need to intervene is abnormal.

It doesn't matter if it was invited or not. 

Offline GQBlues

« Reply #391 on: December 18, 2013, 01:51:28 PM »

No, it isn't speculation on my part...

Good. So that part is taken care of and out of the equation...

...Yes, I consider someone getting so wrapped up in an online message board to the point they feel the need to intervene is abnormal...

Which, in the subject context, is exactly what you're doing since the OP gave his permission for others to do so, and the OP's wife's acceptance to being contacted by strangers welcomed despite your opposition to it. Thus, that, can be considered 'abnormal behavior'. Since this decision/s is/are none of your business, who is now being 'abnormal'?

...It doesn't matter if it was invited or not.

In this context and subject, it does matter. You may not agree to it but it doesn't mean you need to get so wrapped up in an online message board that you feel compelled to intervene based solely on your own personal perspective.

:-\
« Last Edit: December 18, 2013, 02:00:22 PM by GQBlues »

Offline LiveFromUkraine

« Reply #392 on: December 18, 2013, 02:09:29 PM »
Good. So that part is taken care of and out of the equation...

Which, in the subject context, is exactly what you're doing since the OP gave his permission for others to do so, and the OP's wife acceptance to being contacted by strangers despite your opposition to it. Which, btw, is really none of your business what the OP and others feel normal behavior with them.

I don't see why having permission negates what I am talking about.  It still is abnormal regardless if permission is given or not.  People just didn't like what he posted.   

Permission is just another excuse as is her job and whatever excuses was made for contacting Riv's girl and trying to hunt down Billy's woman.

Regarding it not being my business, I am voicing my opinion such as you and other members here.   As long as I stay within the rules of this forum, I am entitled to do so. 

You can hunt my family members down and show them our disagreement or just accept we don't agree.

If you don't see why one of those decisions would be strange, then I don't know what to say.  Maybe you can sugar coat it and start making up more excuses like a job is a jeopardy, or a woman needs to be saved from an internet bad man. 

Deep down, it really is about not liking what someone said online and people can't deal with it.  I have seen this type of behavior online before and seen jobs lost all because people can't deal with disagreements.

In this context and subject, it does matter. You may not agree to it but it doesn't mean you need to get so wrapped up in an online message board that you feel compelled to intervene based solely on your own personal perspective.

:-\

Even if someone gave me the permission to kill them, I wouldn't feel the need to do that.  The OP didn't have the right to give anyone permission to contact his ex wife.  It is only hers to give.  Regardless, it is just another excuse to take disagreements too far and is abnormal. 

Offline GQBlues

« Reply #393 on: December 18, 2013, 02:22:09 PM »

I don't see why having permission negates what I am talking about.

Because one (your personal perspective) had nothing to do with the other (the context of the subject discussion).

Not sure why you can't seem to digest with what is actually written in context. OP stated anyone is welcome to contact his wife. His wife apparently is open to getting contacts from strangers. It is not binding to whatever else YOU think is right/wrong, normal/abnormal.

... It still is abnormal regardless if permission is given or not.  People just didn't like what he posted.   

Permission is just another excuse as is her job and whatever excuses was made for contacting Riv's girl and trying to hunt down Billy's woman.

Regarding it not being my business, I am voicing my opinion such as you and other members here.   As long as I stay within the rules of this forum, I am entitled to do so. 

You can hunt my family members down and show them our disagreement or just accept we don't agree.

If you don't see why one of those decisions would be strange, then I don't know what to say.  Maybe you can sugar coat it and start making up more excuses like a job is a jeopardy, or a woman needs to be saved from an internet bad man.

Deep down, it really is about not liking what someone said online and people can't deal with it.  I have seen this type of behavior online before and seen jobs lost all because people can't deal with disagreements....

That's your own supposition. This just makes you guilty of the exact accusations and charges you make of others.

...Even if someone gave me the permission to kill them, I wouldn't feel the need to do that...

Argument non-sequitur.

...The OP didn't have the right to give anyone permission to contact his ex wife.  It is only hers to give.  Regardless, it is just another excuse to take disagreements too far and is abnormal.

Oh so now you're taking the position like the others you villified. So the point really is *_______*?
« Last Edit: December 18, 2013, 02:24:27 PM by GQBlues »

Offline LiveFromUkraine

« Reply #394 on: December 18, 2013, 02:25:42 PM »
One had nothing to do with the other. Not sure why you seem fixated with what is written. OP stated anyone is welcome to contact his wife. His wife apparently is open to getting contacts from strangers. It is not binding to whatever else YOU think s right/wrong, normal/abnormal.

This coming from a guy who routinely trashes this forum with his opinions about the mob'ers.  TFF!

Argument non-sequitur.

So is him giving permission but you seem latched onto that concept. 

Oh so now you're taking the position like the others you villified. So the point really is *_______*?

I made my point many times.  You just don't like it.  Too bad, and you can try and twist it all you want but in the end it is abnormal behavior to contact strangers because you don't like what someone wrote.  Yes, it is my opinion but unless someone states an absolute truth like 1 + 1 = 2 then I pretty much take what is written as opinion.

« Last Edit: December 18, 2013, 02:28:33 PM by LiveFromUkraine »

Offline GQBlues

« Reply #395 on: December 18, 2013, 02:30:06 PM »

This coming from a guy who routinely trashes this forum with his opinions about the mob'ers.  TFF!...

Argument non-sequitur.

...I made my point many times.  You just don't like it....

Your point then was...I'll presume...

...  Too bad, and you can try and twist it all you want but in the end it is abnormal behavior to contact strangers because you don't like what someone wrote....

To completely eliminate was is otherwise a given factual statement of invitation to contact someone, which in your need to intervene because you feel it isn't right for anyone to abide within those terms, somehow separate you from what you believe as abnormal folks.

LOL.

Offline Muzh

« Reply #396 on: December 18, 2013, 02:30:27 PM »
Again planting words in my mouth. 

Well, I guess that was obvious when I said you were inferring.  ;)

Lena and Northkape share responsibility for what happened to their marriage.  Both share parental responsibility for their two sons.

I will summarize it with the term "Irreconcilable differences."

If you belive there has been wrongdoing, both are complicit.  Frankly, I do not see any wrongdoing.  Northkape married a very young woman and had two delightful children whom they love very much. 

This is where you and I disagree.

The man was quite older, much older than her. He knew exactly what he was doing.

Was she? Please tell me she had the savvy of this man who was around her father's age.

Lena married so young that she had never accomplished much in the way of professional achievement or the like.  She would like to know the joy of success so she made the effort to educate herself in a demanding profession.  As it developed, she has much talent and it caught the eye of people with the big interesting  jobs.  She is taking such a position even though it requires her to move.   End of marriage.

Question answered. She had no farging clue as to what she was getting to. Still, she should (wo)man up to her mistakes, right? He is just an innocent bystander who innocently offered her nothing but love.

I left out the part where somehow Lena and Northkape stopped loving each other.  I can't wait to hear the imagined reasons for that.  Most will say it will be Northkape's fault even though we know nothing about Lena and she will not testify.  I doubt she will testify as she seems too classy for such pettiness.   

No pettiness from this guy here. It was her fault, plain and simple. She wanted seasoned gentleman's sausage, she should face the piper. While poor innocent Northkape is left holding his, err... thoughts about what to do next.

WWAMD? (What would a MoBer Do)

Well, what else? Get a younger model, of course. Maybe this time he will croak before she abandons him for greener pastures.

I ask that if anyone has a reason for why the two lost their romantic feelings, please tell me the reasons why they fell in love.  One answer would be just as much a speculation as the other.  Developing feelings of love is just as complicated as losing feelings of love.  I defy anyone here to say otherwise.

Otherwise.

You know very well why.

You want some candy little girl, heh, heh, heh.

Offline Muzh

« Reply #397 on: December 18, 2013, 02:30:54 PM »
And on that note, till tomorrow.

Offline LiveFromUkraine

« Reply #398 on: December 18, 2013, 02:35:08 PM »

To completely eliminate was is otherwise a given factual statement of invitation to contact someone, which in your need to intervene because you feel it isn't right for anyone to abide within those terms, somehow separate you from what you believe as abnormal folks.

LOL.

Dude, you pretty much made the same argument the mob'ers made towards you. 

Maybe my opinions are hitting too close to home. 

I don't need to separate myself from anyone.  I just believe it is abnormal to take this to that level.  I couldn't use big words if I wanted so if you don't get where I am coming from you simply don't get it.

Hell, maybe I am the abnormal guy here who isn't interested in contacting strangers because I don't like what is posted online. 

Offline GQBlues

« Reply #399 on: December 18, 2013, 02:38:21 PM »

Dude, you pretty much made the same argument the mob'ers made towards you. 

Maybe my opinions are hitting too close to home. 

I don't need to separate myself from anyone.  I just believe it is abnormal to take this to that level.  I couldn't use big words if I wanted so if you don't get where I am coming from you simply don't get it.

Hell, maybe I am the abnormal guy here who isn't interested in contacting strangers because I don't like what is posted online.

Since you persist ignoring what is being said to you ad nauseum, I will quote your very own statement and hopefully the familiarity to it will hit home with you and with better clarity.

...Yes, I consider someone getting so wrapped up in an online message board to the point they feel the need to intervene is abnormal...

Again...the OP invited anyone to contact his wife. The wife welcomes contact from strangers dealing with her hubby's wife-seeking adventures. Many of the folks expressed abiding within what is already a known context....

So now we have 'you'...
« Last Edit: December 18, 2013, 02:41:47 PM by GQBlues »

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8883
Latest: Leroy14
New This Month: 1
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 541009
Total Topics: 20849
Most Online Today: 2013
Most Online Ever: 12701
(January 14, 2020, 07:04:55 AM)
Users Online
Members: 11
Guests: 1867
Total: 1878

+-Recent Posts

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Today at 02:48:08 PM

Re: What to do by krimster2
Today at 01:09:03 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Trenchcoat
Today at 12:51:13 PM

Re: What to do by Trenchcoat
Today at 12:33:48 PM

Re: If you don't know what you are talking about, post away anyway by Trenchcoat
Today at 12:24:44 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Today at 11:16:08 AM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by ML
Today at 10:31:43 AM

Re: What to do by krimster2
Today at 09:47:10 AM

What to do by 2tallbill
Today at 09:37:41 AM

Re: If you don't know what you are talking about, post away anyway by 2tallbill
Today at 09:18:17 AM