It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: Update - 13 years later  (Read 212972 times)

Offline Turboguy

• Spouse's Country: Russia
  • Trips: > 10
Re: Update - 13 years later
« Reply #625 on: July 23, 2014, 06:57:59 PM »
Oh . . . bla, bla, bla.

We don't have to be dishonest here.

Of course we guys want to impress friends.

A big satisfaction for me is knowing how jealous other guys are.

There wasn't a dishonest word in my post ML.  I couldn't care less what my friends think.  My wife never ceases to amaze and impress me and that is all I care about but I look at her beauty as just a plus.
I always thought it was likely that someone who "needs" to impress others with the car in their driveway, their house, or the beauty queen on their arm must suffer from low self esteem. 

Offline ML

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
« Reply #626 on: July 23, 2014, 08:30:13 PM »

I always thought it was likely that someone who "needs" to impress others with the car in their driveway, their house, or the beauty queen on their arm must suffer from low self esteem.

More bla, bla, bla.

This is the same story that guys/gals spew out all the time, when they want to put someone down.

It's like throwing out the 'race card.'  Very simplistic and cheap shot.
A beautiful woman is pleasant to look at, but it is easier to live with a pleasant acting one.

Offline Turboguy

« Reply #627 on: July 24, 2014, 04:17:43 AM »
We are all very different ML.  I have just never felt a need to make my friends jealous.  To me that seems to be something I would rather avoid.  I am not a psychiatrist.  There are lots of rich people who want to enjoy the trappings of their wealth.  There are others such as H L Hunt who drove an old beat up pickup and or Warren Buffet who still lives in the family home that he has had since before he was so rich.  I doubt that the super rich that ride around in a chauffeur drive limo have low self esteem.
In that respect Gator and I sound a lot alike.  My wife refuses to ride in my pickup as well. Making my friends jealous is the last thing on my mind.  I can recall an RWD friend who hasn't posted here in years telling me that he always flew first class and if he had to fly coach he did not feel good about himself.  That also strikes me as low self esteem, but it is not my field of expertise (if I have one).  Heck, for the right price I would fly in the cargo hold.  I am sure if needing to make friends jealous is a sign of low self esteem that it is not a universal thing and you are probably the exception.   It wasn't my intention to put you down and I am sorry if you took it that way.

Offline ML

« Reply #628 on: July 24, 2014, 05:48:39 AM »
I have just never felt a need to make my friends jealous. 
. . . . . .
I am sure if needing to make friends jealous . . .

Here are my original words:

"Of course we guys want to impress friends.  A big satisfaction for me is knowing how jealous other guys are.
I know they are saying . . . how the he!! did he get her; and why can't I have someone like her.  I know because the truthful ones tell me."

I was simply telling the truth and admitting what we fellas are really like.

But many (most) guys know that is not a PC thing to admit openly.

So how to put a guy down, and keep to a righteous path? 

Oh . . . let's just change the word slightly to turn something that is a simple statement involving "want" into a psychological problem regarding "need."

I also have as one vehicle a 1999 Nissan truck that has large dents in several places and has a severely twisted rear bumper.  Tried to pull a stump out.  Ochka doesn't really enjoy riding in it either; but she says it's because she thinks it's unsafe; which is not true.  She is just equating the dents with danger.

And the story about Warren is not true.  Yes, he still has the original house . . . but that is not where he lives most of the time.
He keeps the old house and eats at McDonalds because he knows it will bring MORE attention and news coverage and talk (even as he doesn't hear us) from gossipers like us.

The guys who throw paint randomly on a canvas continually get a big kick out of knowing that millions of people are trying to determine a meaning from it.

HL Hunt drove the old pickup truck simply because he knew it would actually get him MORE attention and news coverage.

Let's think a little here.

Those who LIKE to frequently tell how they drive old pickup trucks, fly cheapest possible, proclaim they couldn't care less about X, Y, Z, etc., are possibly NEEDING to draw some attention and admiration to themselves.   8)
« Last Edit: July 24, 2014, 06:04:37 AM by ML »
A beautiful woman is pleasant to look at, but it is easier to live with a pleasant acting one.

Offline Turboguy

« Reply #629 on: July 24, 2014, 07:10:31 AM »
Here are my original words:

"Of course we guys want to impress friends.  A big satisfaction for me is knowing how jealous other guys are.

I guess I must have a psychological problem then, probably worse than low self esteem.  I do not have a "want" to impress my friends.  Perhaps it goes back to ages ago in my first marriage.  One of my better friends and golf buddies was my neighbor across the street.  When Andy or I got a new car we would always take each other for a ride and admire the new wheels.  Even his new Fiat that he spent months deciding it was the best car for him.  Later as we would drive to the golf course I would have to ask if it was ok to put the window down because it often would not go back up and you couldn't lean back on the seat or it would collapse.  Well after having a few typical cars over the years one time I bought one that could be considered a luxury car.  He never acknowledged it or commented about it.  It made him jealous and that was a bad thing.  I have never looked at making my friends jealous as a good thing.

Ah, so I am not the only one playing amateur psychologist.  You seem to be doing a good job of analyzing the motives of Hunt and Buffet.   I like to fly the cheapest way because I am a cheapskate not that I need to brag about it to impress anyone.  My pickup is just a little beat up.  It isn't that old.  I drive 50,000-60,000 miles a year and lots of it cross country where reliability is important to me.  It is a 2010 but does have 162,000 miles on it.  I have put over 400,000 miles on some of my pickups.  I didn't even mention the fact that we live in a house I bought for $ 3,900.00 (that is including taxes and transfer fees).  As I said, I am a cheapskate.  My wife is a bigger cheapskate.  Perhaps that is a bit of why we get along so well.  We have whole house air and in the nearly 7 years my wife has been her she was willing to turn it on once. 

Offline ML

« Reply #630 on: July 24, 2014, 09:36:00 AM »

I guess I must have a psychological problem then, probably worse than low self esteem.  I do not have a "want" to impress my friends. 

I like to fly the cheapest way because I am a cheapskate not that I need to brag about it to impress anyone.   

Yes, you do have a psyc problem.  You are in denial about not wanting to impress friends; and you are in denial about being cheap to impress friends.

A series of trips to a psyc will not eliminate these denials, but it will help the psyc guy or gal.   And he/she can give you some tips about how to deny this denial.

Ah, so I am not the only one playing amateur psychologist.  You seem to be doing a good job of analyzing the motives of Hunt and Buffet.   

Well yes, I can be just as much a dick head as anyone.

But I am not in denial about it.   8)

And speaking of A/C . . . the blower fan on my unit has been making  a little noise for awhile, and now has turned to a 'whump, whump' which I am pretty sure is an indication of a big imbalance (maybe bearings going out) which is going to end it's operation pretty shortly.

Anyway, best to you and your family Ray.
At least we have provided a little different diversion here!!

Offline Muzh

« Reply #631 on: July 24, 2014, 11:09:28 AM »

I would think that most men would NOT marry a young woman IN ORDER TO IMPRESS FRIENDS, but rather because they just simply like younger women for other reasons.

Fathertime!     

Bullshevik!!

Now I know you live in a parallel universe. OR are trying to justify marrying someone who could be your daughter's age.
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead. Thomas Paine - The American Crisis 1776-1783

Offline Muzh

« Reply #632 on: July 24, 2014, 11:17:08 AM »
I am with Turbo.   Everyone is different. I have never been a showoff. I try to understate my accomplishments, my signs of success.  E. g., I drive a 17-yo SUV, but that is fine because I drive only 3-4k per year because the golf course is next door.  My wife refuses to ride in my truck.     

Confession:  I will admit that in a large social gathering, I enjoy seeing my woman all dressed up, looking fabulous.  I marvel at her glamour, not the reactions of others.

LMFAO

Seriously??

Weren't you on record here boasting about comparing "Johnsons" with I/O and being proud of your "achievement?"

C'mon, seriously?

:ROFL:
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead. Thomas Paine - The American Crisis 1776-1783

Offline fathertime

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
« Reply #633 on: July 24, 2014, 11:20:59 AM »

Bullshevik!!

Now I know you live in a parallel universe. OR are trying to justify marrying someone who could be your daughter's age.
Ot is silly for you to go chasing a guy around on other theads and speak of his wife. It sounds like u are condemning guys who marry younger women because they like em. That is nice you married a woman your own age. Who cares?

Fathertime!
I just happened to be browsing about the internet....

Offline Muzh

« Reply #634 on: July 24, 2014, 11:25:36 AM »
Ot is silly for you to go chasing a guy around on other theads and speak of his wife. It sounds like u are condemning guys who marry younger women because they like em. That is nice you married a woman your own age. Who cares?

Fathertime!

Get a hold of your self-adulating self.

I'm not talking ABOUT your wife at all. I'm referring to your actions. Nothing else.

As far as I'm concerned your wife is an angel and an innocent by-stander.

Offline fathertime

« Reply #635 on: July 24, 2014, 11:37:59 AM »

Get a hold of your self-adulating self.

I'm not talking ABOUT your wife at all. I'm referring to your actions. Nothing else.

As far as I'm concerned your wife is an angel and an innocent by-stander.
Of course she is. What action are you grumbling about. My wife is 17.5 years younger than me and gorgeous (to me) and a very good mother.What difference does it make if somebody else is envious or not? I see no benefit either way.

Fathertime!
I just happened to be browsing about the internet....

Offline Gator

« Reply #636 on: July 24, 2014, 02:01:59 PM »

Weren't you on record here boasting about comparing "Johnsons" with I/O and being proud of your "achievement?"

I don't recall that.  Perhaps you can refresh my memory.  If so, I can only assume that it was most likely an attempt at humor that went over (or under) your head. 

Perhaps it was ML.  Based on his post above, his "unit" sounds very impressive as it comes equipped with a blower fan. Wow!!!

. . . the blower fan on my unit has been making  a little noise for awhile, and now has turned to a 'whump, whump'       

Back to the essence of your post.  My self-confidence is high.  Also, incredulous as it may sound to you my long life has always been accompanied by beautiful women - it would have become tedious by now if I sought admiration from bystanders. 

Maybe there is some truth in what you and ML imply.  I collect antiques, dislike sleek modern, have worn out oriental carpets as early examples of village weavings, relish patina, not upset by dirt and dust, etc ...  My ex-wife, who has a great sense of humor, said I like everything looking old...except my women. 

Offline Turboguy

« Reply #637 on: July 24, 2014, 02:24:13 PM »

I collect antiques, dislike sleek modern,
I sort of like sleek and modern and dislike antiques but my wife collects antiques.  She only has one antique in her collection,  Me. 

Offline GQBlues

• Trips: None (yet)
« Reply #638 on: July 24, 2014, 02:37:36 PM »
Don't mean to interrupt the discussion but I suppose I can understand when fellas try and convince each other that the reasons why we chase tails of much younger women from the FSU is not necessarily to a) impress friends and/or b) use the marriage as a symbol of something they believe they deserve eg trophy wife; but instead because these gals are *cultured*, *sophisticated*, *exotic* and all that good stuff. Age really is not even a consideration when these guys went looking for their respective wives.

So, in the end, if age disparity was not a consideration, then Baba wants to know why no one ever wrote to her considering she's a bit younger than most of our members here.
Of course age doesn't matter.
Quote from: msmob
1. Because of 'man', global warming is causing desert and arid areas to suffer long, dry spell.
2. The 2018 Camp Fire and Woolsey California wildfires are forests burning because of global warming.
3. N95 mask will choke you dead after 30 min. of use.

Offline Gator

« Reply #639 on: July 24, 2014, 02:56:23 PM »

So, in the end, if age disparity was not a consideration, then Baba wants to know why no one ever wrote to her considering she's a bit younger than most of our members here.

I wrote to her.  I dismissed her because 1) she liked cats, 2) she seemed preoccupied with sex, 3) she behaved as if she were entitled, and 4) she wanted money for her sick mother

Turbo and I never said we were not enthralled by younger women.  To the contrary, I admit to being beguiled.  I also admit that the number of pretty faces prompted me to take the first trip,  yet it was NOT to bring one back to showoff to my friends. 

Offline ML

« Reply #640 on: July 24, 2014, 03:18:50 PM »
  I also admit that the number of pretty faces prompted me to take the first trip,  yet it was NOT to bring one back to showoff to my friends.

Still in denial.  Check with Turbo, he has been trying to find a therapist to talk about this syndrome.

And recall the event wherein the Frenchman was to be executed at 0600 next morning.

His captors told they would bring in the most beautiful woman available to have sex with him.

He said:  "Why? . . . I wouldn't be able to later tell my friends about her!"

Offline GQBlues

• Trips: None (yet)
« Reply #641 on: July 24, 2014, 03:26:31 PM »
...He said:  "Why? . . . I wouldn't be able to later tell my friends about her!"

That's like getting stuck in a deserted island with just a horny Adriana Lima to keep you company and no one to tell...
Quote from: msmob
1. Because of 'man', global warming is causing desert and arid areas to suffer long, dry spell.
2. The 2018 Camp Fire and Woolsey California wildfires are forests burning because of global warming.
3. N95 mask will choke you dead after 30 min. of use.

Offline Gator

« Reply #642 on: July 24, 2014, 04:30:49 PM »

He said:  "Why? . . . I wouldn't be able to later tell my friends about her!"

:ROFL:

Offline BillyB

« Reply #643 on: July 24, 2014, 06:21:25 PM »
I drive a beat up pickup with 162,000 miles on it and live in a house that is 114 years old and quite average or less.

I drive a 17-yo SUV, but that is fine because I drive only 3-4k per year because the golf course is next door.  My wife refuses to ride in my truck.     

We all know you're both loaded $ and are fine examples of what to do. I just bought a 2004 Chevy Silverado with 222,000 miles on it. I'll be catching up to you guys soon and I'm not talking age here.
Fund the audits, spread the word and educate people, write your politicians and other elected officials. Stay active in the fight to save our country. Over 220 generals and admirals say we are in a fight for our survival like no other time since 1776.

Offline Turboguy

« Reply #644 on: July 24, 2014, 07:50:48 PM »

We all know you're both loaded
I have sometimes had the feeling that some of the members here get loaded once in a while as well.

Offline Drew

• Trips: No Selection
« Reply #645 on: July 31, 2014, 08:42:02 PM »
A very interesting story but I got lost trying to keep track of where the original poster is in this persuit.  Some good looking women he is attracting tho.

Online northkape

« Reply #646 on: August 01, 2014, 08:57:59 AM »
Well,,,, for anyone wondering,,,, smile
At the moment , I'm at Zatoka Beach south of Odessa together with my "wife to be" Tanya
(+ my twin boys and her daughter)

Lovely weather all week with sunny clear sky, 25C / 77F in water and 33C / 91F in air every day.
Tanya being as nice a woman as you can possibly find, almost always happy and smiling.

Such great days together for all of our family, kids happy and playing very well together.
And of course, for me and Tanya being at the beginning of a new and exciting love affair,,,,
we have the wonderful "rabbit period" that most couples goes through in the first 1-2 years of a new relationship.......

Updates to follow

My lovely Tanya smiling at me,,,

Tanya worries about my boys all the time,, here giving sunglasses to Mikael

Offline Gator

« Reply #647 on: August 01, 2014, 11:11:01 AM »
Northkape,

Thanks for the update.  Your relationship is progressing well.  Congratulations for becoming engaged.  When does Tanya and her daughter move to Norway?

And of course, for me and Tanya being at the beginning of a new and exciting love affair,,,,
we have the wonderful "rabbit period" that most couples goes through in the first 1-2 years of a new relationship.......

Evidently something lost in  translation as I am having a thought along the lines of one of ML's favorite subjects.

Offline Drew

• Trips: No Selection
« Reply #648 on: August 01, 2014, 12:17:32 PM »
I'm still lost.  Is that last pic of female helping boy with sunglasses the mother or the daughter?

Offline Patagonie

• >25 travels
« Reply #649 on: August 01, 2014, 02:32:22 PM »
No it is the grandmother of the son.
"Je glissais through the paper wall, an angel in the hand, s taboy. I lay on the floor, surgi des chants de Maldoror, je mix l'intégrale de mes nuits de crystal, i belong to the festival.

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8883
Latest: Leroy14
New This Month: 1
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 541009
Total Topics: 20849
Most Online Today: 2013
Most Online Ever: 12701
(January 14, 2020, 07:04:55 AM)
Users Online
Members: 11
Guests: 1867
Total: 1878

+-Recent Posts

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Today at 02:48:08 PM

Re: What to do by krimster2
Today at 01:09:03 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Trenchcoat
Today at 12:51:13 PM

Re: What to do by Trenchcoat
Today at 12:33:48 PM

Re: If you don't know what you are talking about, post away anyway by Trenchcoat
Today at 12:24:44 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Today at 11:16:08 AM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by ML
Today at 10:31:43 AM

Re: What to do by krimster2
Today at 09:47:10 AM

What to do by 2tallbill
Today at 09:37:41 AM

Re: If you don't know what you are talking about, post away anyway by 2tallbill
Today at 09:18:17 AM