It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: Still not married?  (Read 5049 times)

Offline PaulK

• Spouse's Country: Other Eastern Europe
  • Trips: > 10
Still not married?
« on: December 13, 2014, 11:41:29 PM »
I haven't been around these forums for a while and after returning I see some members that were around 5 plus years ago are still single, isn't it time to admit that you're just looking to get laid? Larry and too tall Bill either have to be the most unluckiest men alive or the horniest. I hope no one is taking advice from either of these individuals.

Offline Boethius

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: No Selection
Re: Still not married?
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2014, 11:48:32 PM »
Hi Paul.  :)

I don't know if Larry is actively looking, but Bill did get married. :)
After the fall of communism, the biggest mistake Boris Yeltsin's regime made was not to disband the KGB altogether. Instead it changed its name to the FSB and, to many observers, morphed into a gangster organisation, eventually headed by master criminal Vladimir Putin. - Gerard Batten

Offline PaulK

« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2014, 11:54:47 PM »
Hi Paul.  :)

I don't know if Larry is actively looking, but Bill did get married. :)

WOW! Congratulations Bill!!! Is there a thread about this? And hello Boethius, you're one of the more intelligent members of any of these forums and I'm glad to see that you're still here  :)

Offline Slumba

• Banned Member
  • Trips: 1 - 3
« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2014, 02:44:54 AM »
I haven't been around these forums for a while and after returning I see some members that were around 5 plus years ago are still single, isn't it time to admit that you're just looking to get laid? Larry and too tall Bill either have to be the most unluckiest men alive or the horniest. I hope no one is taking advice from either of these individuals.

As for Larry, he is often on chat as he is a chat moderator, but, not actively searching as of the last time he came back (I think from Ukraine). 

In chat he does a good job of encouraging newbies and ensuring that chat is "neutral" territory - everyone is welcome on chat and asked to be reasonably civil, even if they spar in forums.  There have been as many as 10 people on chat at once, I think, during this past week.
Me gusta ir de compras con mi tarjeta verde...

Offline CDW

• Opted-Out
  • Trips: 1 - 3
« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2014, 11:04:39 AM »
I am only looking for the right woman.  The woman who isn't:   prostitute, scammer, pro-dater, money motivation, cold-hearted (compare to Latin women).

I am not desperate or finding a "better than nothing" woman
I am an X-MEN called "WOVO Man"

Offline RoboCop

• Spouse's Country: Azerbaijan
  • Trips: 4 - 10
« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2014, 07:38:23 AM »
Well, to say the obvious, maybe some of the posters are aiming for something beyond what they can command. From what I've gathered, a lot of the guys who go on the journey to find a partner from the FSU, are usually old, unattractive and overweight. The FSU is seen as some sort of "utopia", a land filled with milk and honey where the women are willing to overlook their flaws and see their "inner beauty", whilst failing to see the hypocrisy of how they value a girl based mainly on their physical beauty. Oh yeah, and on the side, they start criticizing western women in order to make themselves feel better. :deadhorse:

I suspect many find it hard to be honest and introspective about where they stand on the attraction totem pole. They think that somehow hopping on a plane and going to another country changes things. Who needs diet and exercise, when you can just travel to Russia or Ukraine and find a woman who will love you and that massive overhang preventing you from seeing your penis?

Sorry I couldn't help it. After reading more of this forum and some of the regular posters, I just can't help but despair and laugh about things.

It shouldn't be that difficult. I reckon if you haven't succeeded within two years and multiple trips, you probably have some weird personality quirk, are butt ugly, or you are trying to punch above your weight and need to reassess the kind of girls you go for.

It took me 7 months to find my now wife (4 of those months spent communicating), and I'm no Brad Pitt, but then again compared to a line up of John Candy's and Chris Farly's...
Married 3 years now, with a 2 year old son. Wife is from Baku, the capital of Azerbaijan.

Offline Shadow

• Spouse's Country: Russia
« Reply #6 on: December 18, 2014, 07:49:03 AM »
Well, to say the obvious, maybe some of the posters are aiming for something beyond what they can command. From what I've gathered, a lot of the guys who go on the journey to find a partner from the FSU, are usually old, unattractive and overweight. The FSU is seen as some sort of "utopia", a land filled with milk and honey where the women are willing to overlook their flaws and see their "inner beauty", whilst failing to see the hypocrisy of how they value a girl based mainly on their physical beauty. Oh yeah, and on the side, they start criticizing western women in order to make themselves feel better. :deadhorse:

I suspect many find it hard to be honest and introspective about where they stand on the attraction totem pole. They think that somehow hopping on a plane and going to another country changes things. Who needs diet and exercise, when you can just travel to Russia or Ukraine and find a woman who will love you and that massive overhang preventing you from seeing your penis?

Sorry I couldn't help it. After reading more of this forum and some of the regular posters, I just can't help but despair and laugh about things.

It shouldn't be that difficult. I reckon if you haven't succeeded within two years and multiple trips, you probably have some weird personality quirk, are butt ugly, or you are trying to punch above your weight and need to reassess the kind of girls you go for.

It took me 7 months to find my now wife (4 of those months spent communicating), and I'm no Brad Pitt, but then again compared to a line up of John Candy's and Chris Farly's...
Looking for a partner is not a race or task that must be accomplished within a time limit. In the end it does not matter how someone is in the looks department, as long as both sides are fully committed.
Women choose someone who might be a good provider, and if you can uphold a John Candy look you surely must be able to provide enough food. ;D
No it is not a dog. Its really how I look.  ;)

Offline mendeleyev

• RWD Advisor
  • Trips: Resident
« Reply #7 on: December 18, 2014, 11:16:28 AM »
Looking for a partner is not a race or task that must be accomplished within a time limit. In the end it does not matter how someone is in the looks department, as long as both sides are fully committed.

Very true. The lovely Mrs. M and I courted for over a year, locally in Russia, prior to our marriage. We did not rush, but neither were we slow, we simply built a relationship until we were ready.
The Mendeleyev Journal. http://mendeleyevjournal.com Member: Congress of Russian Journalists; ЖУРНАЛИСТЫ.RU (Journalist-Russia); ЖУРНАЛИСТЫ.UA (Journalist-Ukraine); ЖУРНАЛИСТЫ.KZ (Journalist-Kazakhstan); ПОРТАЛ ЖУРНАЛИСТОВ (Portal of RU-UA Journalists); Просто Журналисты ("Just Journalists").

Offline steveboy

• Commercial Member Restricted
« Reply #8 on: December 19, 2014, 08:38:17 AM »
The reason why most guys are still searching "The dream wife" after 5/6/7 years is pretty simple.

They are chasing a dream that does not exist. When you pass middle age or 50/60 (mmmm Im near that bl***** age)
you simply are not going to find a 20 year old beauty queen who wants to marry you, and you are wasting your time and effort even trying. Unfortunately trying to educate people about this is often a waste of time.

If you are realistic with your searches instead of chasing the dream you will find someone much faster:) Ask yourself why is some young 25 year old girl going to want to marry a guy twice her age? Who probably will not even be able to give her good sex in a few years. Young women need good sex in a relationship, not a beer belly :P

The thing that hangs between your legs usually has the last word :deadhorse:

Offline Jumper

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
« Reply #9 on: December 20, 2014, 01:30:13 PM »
Ok Paul.. lol

I'll bite, whether effective for them or not (Bill is married)
what advice have either of your examples given that would be considered bad?

If I had to pick out posters that have so often given reasoned ,experienced advice, delivered in a style a new comer would listen to, they would be in the top.

Just sayin'

As far as the concept of guys in general who have looked a long time,
i doubt its fantasy seekers as those usually see the reality ,get burned out, and give up far quicker than that?

Offline jone

« Reply #10 on: December 20, 2014, 02:14:55 PM »
The reason why most guys are still searching "The dream wife" after 5/6/7 years is pretty simple.

They are chasing a dream that does not exist. When you pass middle age or 50/60 (mmmm Im near that bl***** age)
you simply are not going to find a 20 year old beauty queen who wants to marry you, and you are wasting your time and effort even trying. Unfortunately trying to educate people about this is often a waste of time.

If you are realistic with your searches instead of chasing the dream you will find someone much faster:) Ask yourself why is some young 25 year old girl going to want to marry a guy twice her age? Who probably will not even be able to give her good sex in a few years. Young women need good sex in a relationship, not a beer belly :P

I agree with Steve wholeheartedly.  It is absolutely unreasonable to assume that any 20 something woman would ever be interested in a 40 something (or older) guy.    Not only does it not happen in the FSU, it certainly doesn't happen here in the States.  I fully expect to still be searching years from now (when I reach Steve's age).  Moreover, I am impressed with his post.  He actually was able to string more than three sentences together without grammatical or spelling errors.
Kissing girls is a goodness.  It beats the hell out of card games.  - Robert Heinlein

Offline calmissile

• Trips: 4 - 10
« Reply #11 on: December 20, 2014, 02:18:10 PM »
I agree with Steve wholeheartedly.  It is absolutely unreasonable to assume that any 20 something woman would ever be interested in a 40 something (or older) guy.    Not only does it not happen in the FSU, it certainly doesn't happen here in the States.  I fully expect to still be searching years from now (when I reach Steve's age).  Moreover, I am impressed with his post.  He actually was able to string more than three sentences together without grammatical or spelling errors.

I hope your kidding?    :D
Doug (Calmissile)

Offline jone

« Reply #12 on: December 20, 2014, 02:20:08 PM »
 :shock:
Kissing girls is a goodness.  It beats the hell out of card games.  - Robert Heinlein

lordtiberius

« Reply #13 on: December 20, 2014, 03:14:59 PM »
"You are not a kid at 33."

As much as I hate to agree with Paul K, the old goat is right.   

Offline fathertime

« Reply #14 on: December 20, 2014, 03:25:58 PM »

I can see some unknown % of women in their early to mid 20's having an interest in a man in his mid 40's....but the % must dwindle to single digits by the time he is over 50, 55, 60.  Let alone a beauty queen type.    After watching these relationships for many years, I've concluded that if an older man (50+) WANTS to remain married he is better of choosing 30 and up...but the reality is a lot of men are fully aware they are likely to divorce again and that is all a part of the equation when going for a super young gal...so really there should be very little complaints when it does come to pass.

Fathertime!   
I just happened to be browsing about the internet....

Offline JayH

« Reply #15 on: December 20, 2014, 03:38:29 PM »

Yeah !!  It would be impossible--right? :ROFL: :ROFL: :ROFL: :ROFL: :ROFL: :ROFL: :ROFL:
SLAVA UKRAYINI  ! HEROYAM SLAVA!!!!
Слава Украине! Слава героям слава!Слава Україні! Слава героям!
 translated as: Glory to Ukraine! Glory to the heroes!!!  is a Ukrainian greeting slogan being used now all over Ukraine to signify support for a free independent Ukraine

Offline Boethius

• Trips: No Selection
« Reply #16 on: December 20, 2014, 03:52:23 PM »
Of course it's not impossible, but Steve does have a point.  Most twentysomethings are not interested in men old enough to be their fathers, and most of those marriages don't last.
After the fall of communism, the biggest mistake Boris Yeltsin's regime made was not to disband the KGB altogether. Instead it changed its name to the FSB and, to many observers, morphed into a gangster organisation, eventually headed by master criminal Vladimir Putin. - Gerard Batten

Offline chooter

« Reply #17 on: December 20, 2014, 04:06:29 PM »
Of course it's not impossible, but Steve does have a point.  Most twentysomethings are not interested in men old enough to be their fathers, and most of those marriages don't last.

My wife has a doctor friend she worked with in Atlanta. He's 71 and was doing a K1 on a 22 year old in Moscow. Their K1 was denied because of age difference is what he told her. She told him that was probably one of the most intelligent things that had ever happened to him. She told him to take his meds and go to a senior citizen's home and find him a woman and move in and shack up with her, your life and bank account will be in much better shape.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2014, 04:12:46 PM by chooter »
The final step to happiness or the disaster of your life, marriage can be great thing or ruin you.
Take the risk or stay lonely?

lordtiberius

« Reply #18 on: December 20, 2014, 04:18:10 PM »
Is this a man hate thread or a sex tourist thread?  It has elements of both

Offline ML

« Reply #19 on: December 20, 2014, 06:39:02 PM »
I think it is pretty silly to try to draw any conclusions about a particular guy or gal just because they have not married within X number of years.

There can be a thousand and one reasons why no marriage has occurred. 

And, as I have said a dozen or more times, most western guys really do not want to get married.  The guys here are only fixated on marriage because that is (almost) the only way they can get one of the FSU gals to live with them in-country.

So the married guys here are really the outliers in the scheme of things.

And, to really go far out, the married guys here are feeling pretty P.O.ed that they had to get married, are jealous of other guys (both on the forum and in their daily life) who do not have to get married.

Misery  loves company.

That being  said . . . we are getting married.  :-))
A beautiful woman is pleasant to look at, but it is easier to live with a pleasant acting one.

Offline JayH

« Reply #20 on: December 20, 2014, 07:31:13 PM »
I think it is pretty silly to try to draw any conclusions about a particular guy or gal just because they have not married within X number of years.

There can be a thousand and one reasons why no marriage has occurred. 

And, as I have said a dozen or more times, most western guys really do not want to get married.  The guys here are only fixated on marriage because that is (almost) the only way they can get one of the FSU gals to live with them in-country.

So the married guys here are really the outliers in the scheme of things.

And, to really go far out, the married guys here are feeling pretty P.O.ed that they had to get married, are jealous of other guys (both on the forum and in their daily life) who do not have to get married.

Misery  loves company.

Congratulations to Ochka and ML --wow!!

Words of common sense from ML on every line in post above !!( and a lot of other posts of course !!)
SLAVA UKRAYINI  ! HEROYAM SLAVA!!!!
Слава Украине! Слава героям слава!Слава Україні! Слава героям!
 translated as: Glory to Ukraine! Glory to the heroes!!!  is a Ukrainian greeting slogan being used now all over Ukraine to signify support for a free independent Ukraine

Offline mendeleyev

• RWD Advisor
« Reply #21 on: December 20, 2014, 08:03:07 PM »

Congrats!
The Mendeleyev Journal. http://mendeleyevjournal.com Member: Congress of Russian Journalists; ЖУРНАЛИСТЫ.RU (Journalist-Russia); ЖУРНАЛИСТЫ.UA (Journalist-Ukraine); ЖУРНАЛИСТЫ.KZ (Journalist-Kazakhstan); ПОРТАЛ ЖУРНАЛИСТОВ (Portal of RU-UA Journalists); Просто Журналисты ("Just Journalists").

Online 2tallbill

• Living the dream
« Reply #22 on: December 21, 2014, 08:17:44 PM »
WOW! Congratulations Bill!!! Is there a thread about this? And hello Boethius, you're one of the more intelligent members of any of these forums and I'm glad to see that you're still here  :)

Thank you Paul  ;D

FSUW are not for entry level daters
FSUW don't do vague
FSUW like a man of action. Be a man of action 
If you find a promising girl, get your butt on a plane.
There are a hundred ways to be successful and a thousand ways to f#ck it up
Just kiss the girl, don't ask her first. Tolerate NO excuses!

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8883
Latest: Leroy14
New This Month: 1
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 541008
Total Topics: 20849
Most Online Today: 2013
Most Online Ever: 12701
(January 14, 2020, 07:04:55 AM)
Users Online
Members: 11
Guests: 1881
Total: 1892

+-Recent Posts

Re: What to do by krimster2
Today at 01:09:03 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Trenchcoat
Today at 12:51:13 PM

Re: What to do by Trenchcoat
Today at 12:33:48 PM

Re: If you don't know what you are talking about, post away anyway by Trenchcoat
Today at 12:24:44 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Today at 11:16:08 AM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by ML
Today at 10:31:43 AM

Re: What to do by krimster2
Today at 09:47:10 AM

What to do by 2tallbill
Today at 09:37:41 AM

Re: If you don't know what you are talking about, post away anyway by 2tallbill
Today at 09:18:17 AM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Today at 07:00:25 AM