It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: More Bad News for Russia  (Read 1081808 times)

lordtiberius

More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #2150 on: January 26, 2015, 08:31:23 PM »

The 'superior' moralist strikes again!   :ROFL:

Fathertime!

Insults.

He has doesn't have a lot of tools in his playbook folks.  Keep debating him like you do Doll though . . .

Offline Brasscasing

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: No Selection
More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #2151 on: January 26, 2015, 08:39:15 PM »

I was browsing the internet and found this link which states that the USA ran Special Ops. in 130 nations last year....Even I find that number shocking.....Assuming the story is true, I don't know who exactly we are killing in many of these things in so many different countries....kinda makes the Russian spy thing seem like small potatoes.

http://www.motherjones.com/politics/2015/01/special-ops-almost-70-percent-world-countries

Fathertime!

That's where you've been getting some of these ideas you put forth! Been driving me nuts trying to figure out where I'd read some of your offerings before.

You my friend are a Tom Engelhardt fan.  The age of the American empire is upon us! :P

Brass
...Build the wall. Even Heaven has a gate...

"Because without America there is no free world" ~ Canada Free Press

Offline fathertime

• Trips: > 10
More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #2152 on: January 26, 2015, 08:42:29 PM »

FT- as far as Russia paying a price that isn't just all of it. Sure they may pay a short term price but they stole all the natural resources that surrounded Crimea. Part of the HUGE price they should pay is to COMPENSATE Ukraine for their theft. It isn't just enough they suffer a bit, they need to compensate their victims (Ukraine and the Ukrainian people). How can Russia repay Ukraine for all the lives lost and families destroyed? Billions of real $$$, not worthless Rubles, would be a start. A ongoing royalty of 50% (monitored and audited by one of the big 4) for all natural resources accessed from around Crimea. I could go on. The point is to make it so punitive that Putin would never attempt anything like this again and exact a tremendous price going forward for his folly.
Well Taz, I don't think any of those things are going to happen.  Yes the price they pay may be temporary in terms of the sanctions...but an angry populace will be something that might last, if indeed Russia goes all through Ukraine like Mendeleyev has stated.  Thus far in the context of the other ongoing battles worldwide this one still hasn't been near as deadly as others....Iraq Afghanistan, Libya, Syria etc.  It doesn't appear it will reach that level, but that remains to be seen. 

I see it as OUR folly, we left an opening and he is taking it...If the western nations learn from this, it won't happen like this again, unless we want/allow it to. 

Fathertime!   
I just happened to be browsing about the internet....

Offline fathertime

More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #2153 on: January 26, 2015, 08:46:42 PM »
That's where you've been getting some of these ideas you put forth! Been driving me nuts trying to figure out where I'd read some of your offerings before.

You my friend are a Tom Engelhardt fan.  The age of the American empire is upon us! :P

Brass

I look at that website maybe once every 6 months,...but today was one of those days!  Is there something wrong with the website, I heard it was reputable, but maybe it isn't.
Don't know Tom Engelhardt. 

Fathertime!   

Offline Larry1

• Trips: 4 - 10
More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #2154 on: January 26, 2015, 08:47:34 PM »

I was browsing the internet and found this link which states that the USA ran Special Ops. in 130 nations last year....Even I find that number shocking.....Assuming the story is true, I don't know who exactly we are killing in many of these things in so many different countries....kinda makes the Russian spy thing seem like small potatoes.

http://www.motherjones.com/politics/2015/01/special-ops-almost-70-percent-world-countries

At last we understand: Fathertime is a commie who reads Mother Jones.

Larry1!

Offline fathertime

More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #2155 on: January 26, 2015, 08:48:34 PM »
Insults.

He has doesn't have a lot of tools in his playbook folks.  Keep debating him like you do Doll though . . .

You get insulted easily!  Despite your silliness, I was trying to keep it safe and sane.   :D

Fathertime!   

Offline sleepycat

More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #2156 on: January 26, 2015, 08:52:10 PM »

The ultimate irony would be if China uses Putin's own tactics against him. I would probably die of laughter.

Russia is already on track to become nothing more than just a vassal state to China.
Just look at those unfavourable gas deals mongoloid Putin signed with China recently.
Right, Doll?

Or do you actually believe the Chinese respects Russia and will treat her as an equal partner in an alliance?

BTW how are your Mandarin lessons going?
You'll need that language soon enough...

Offline fathertime

More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #2157 on: January 26, 2015, 08:52:58 PM »

Larry1!
Interesting...Mother Jones is a communist website?  I read that it was "Left leaning", which certainly doesn't make it communist.  On many issues I'm not too left leaning, but I still see little  harm in reading from various sources.

Wiki doesn't describe it the way you do.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mother_Jones_(magazine)

Fathertime!   

Offline Brasscasing

More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #2158 on: January 26, 2015, 09:20:48 PM »

I look at that website maybe once every 6 months,...but today was one of those days!  Is there something wrong with the website, I heard it was reputable, but maybe it isn't.
Don't know Tom Engelhardt. 

Don't know about the website but the article's origin is from Tom Engelhardt's blog and he's quite a prolific writer and editor.

http://www.nationinstitute.org/fellows/1187/tom_engelhardt/

I have The World According to TomDispatch: America in the New Age of Empire on my book shelf just went and retrieved it.

He'd probably best be described as a 'dissenter' but then you already know that. :P

Brass
« Last Edit: January 26, 2015, 09:33:15 PM by Brasscasing »
...Build the wall. Even Heaven has a gate...

"Because without America there is no free world" ~ Canada Free Press

lordtiberius

More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #2159 on: January 26, 2015, 09:31:48 PM »

You get insulted easily!  Despite your silliness, I was trying to keep it safe and sane.   :D

Fathertime!

Another distraction. Tell us your win win.

lordtiberius

More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #2160 on: January 26, 2015, 09:33:30 PM »

Larry1!

Ask him about his great love for America.  Notice how every other post he runs down his country but won't leave.

Offline fathertime

More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #2161 on: January 26, 2015, 09:45:20 PM »
Don't know about the website but the article's origin is from Tom Engelhardt's blog and he's quite a prolific writer and editor.

http://www.nationinstitute.org/fellows/1187/tom_engelhardt/

I have The World According to TomDispatch: America in the New Age of Empire on my book shelf just went and retrieved it.

He'd probably best be described as a 'dissenter' but then you already know that. :P

Brass

Well the crux of the article was that we were doing Special Ops in 130 countries last year.  If that is the case, that is a hell of a lot of potential interference...I imagine some were with approval and others probably not.

Fathertime!

Offline fathertime

More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #2162 on: January 26, 2015, 09:46:22 PM »
Ask him about his great love for America.  Notice how every other post he runs down his country but won't leave.

Another distraction. Tell us your win win.

Just keeping it 'safe and sane' with you!    :)

Fathertime!   

lordtiberius

More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #2163 on: January 26, 2015, 10:56:48 PM »

Well the crux of the article was that we were doing Special Ops in 130 countries last year.  If that is the case, that is a hell of a lot of potential interference...I imagine some were with approval and others probably not.

Fathertime!

Another distraction while Russia invades Ukraine

Offline AkMike

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
  • Trips: Resident
More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #2164 on: January 27, 2015, 01:44:29 AM »
No Paypal in Ukraine either
It appears that Paypal will allow you to pay but not receive money in Ukraine.

Offline JayH

More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #2165 on: January 27, 2015, 02:30:51 AM »
1.00 USD   =   67.6155 RUB
US Dollar   ↔   Russian Ruble
1 USD = 67.6155 RUB   1 RUB = 0.0147895 USD
Convert again
RUB/USD thumbnailView Chart
Mid-market rates: 2015-01-27 09:28 UTC

size=8pt]Russian ruble and failed to return to the level that was before yesterday's collapse [/size]

Today, January 27, at the Moscow Interbank Currency Exchange, after yesterday evening collapse because of deteriorating credit rating of Russia Russian ruble has appreciated slightly. But never was able to return to a level that had to collapse - currency yesterday was four rubles cheaper . In particular, the US dollar today on the stock exchange is almost 68 rubles. And yesterday morning was on 64. Euro today - in 76 rubles, and yesterday at the opening of trading was on 72. Experts predict that the dollar could jump in Russia 80 rubles . Read also: Russia faced a "tsunami" deteriorating credit rating predict default, record "escapes" capital

Більше читайте тут: http://tsn.ua/groshi/rosiyskiy-rubl-tak-i-ne-spromigsya-povernutisya-do-rivnya-scho-buv-pered-vchorashnim-obvalom-405352.html

BB--they can use all the extra rubble coming from the sale of their foreign exchange reserves-- it would have added up to a lot more rubble !!
Only one problem--they have no reserves to call on !! :)
« Last Edit: January 27, 2015, 02:49:00 AM by JayH »
SLAVA UKRAYINI  ! HEROYAM SLAVA!!!!
Слава Украине! Слава героям слава!Слава Україні! Слава героям!
 translated as: Glory to Ukraine! Glory to the heroes!!!  is a Ukrainian greeting slogan being used now all over Ukraine to signify support for a free independent Ukraine

Offline JayH

More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #2166 on: January 27, 2015, 03:03:12 AM »
 :welcome: :tmi:
« Last Edit: January 27, 2015, 03:10:04 AM by JayH »
 translated as: Glory to Ukraine! Glory to the heroes!!!  is a Ukrainian greeting slogan being used now all over Ukraine to signify support for a free independent Ukraine

Offline JayH

More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #2167 on: January 27, 2015, 03:08:53 AM »
OPEC oil basket price for the first time in nearly two weeks has fallen below $ 43 to $ 42.90 a barrel.

This was announced by the secretariat of the international cartel of Petroleum Exporting Countries, RBC-Ukraine.

In addition, on January 27, dropped the price of oil brand Brent. So, as of 10:19 Moscow time the price was established at $ 47.75 a barrel, and at 10:24 - $ 47.76 a barrel. This is 0.83% lower than the close of business on 26 January.

http://nvua.net/business/economics/cena-nefti-opek-vpervye-pochti-za-dve-nedeli-ustanovilas-nizhe-otmetki-43-31398.html

Offline AkMike

More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #2168 on: January 27, 2015, 05:13:47 AM »
Hey Doll does that dirt taste better boiled or fried?

More than Half of Russia’s Urban Residents are Now Poor

Staunton, January 21 – For many, the face of poverty in Russia is to be found in the country’s dying countryside, but a new survey finds that more than half of the population of its largest cities is now poor, and predicts that ever more urban Russians are becoming poor, a development with potentially ominous political consequences.

Even in Moscow, 43 percent of the residents are poor, with nine percent of them critically poor, according to a study of 35 cities in the Russian Federation with more than 500,000 residents carried out by sociologists at the Russian government’s Finance University.

Those figures compare with an average of 54 poor for all the cities surveyed, with the situation in Toliatti, Astrakhan, Penza, Volgograd and Saratov being somewhat worse and that in St. Petersburg and Vladivostok somewhat better. The average for all such Russian cities was 54 percent.

Last month, Vice Prime Minister Olga Golodets said that there were 15.7 million poor people in Russia now, but she conceded that given inflation and the economic crisis, that number is going up, especially as the purchasing power of Russian incomes falls. The actual number is almost certainly higher, and it is increasingly urban rather than rural.

The study devoted particular attention to the possibility that rising unemployment might trigger protests. “The main moving force for social protests,” they said, consists of “poor and unemployed youth.” Given that unemployment among the young is still relatively low, it said, the situation is currently stable.

Yevgeny Gontmakher, deputy director of IMEMO, says that he is certain that mayors can address these problems successfully. But they are largely on their own because there is no central government program for the poor in cities, and the program for company towns is not being implemented in an effective way.

Elena Afanasyeva, a member of the Federation Council, says that she believes that region centers have the resources to relieve poverty, but that other cities do not. In the case of the latter, regional officials must intervene and make every effort to “reduce the level of poverty” in the cities of their regions.

Regional leaders have one resource that they are not using, she continues. They can speak directly to the Russian president, but they don’t about such problems because they “fear losing their high posts.” As a result, Afanasyeva says, Vladimir Putin does not know the full extent of the problem or has only a distorted idea about it.

But she notes that there is even more poverty in Russia’s smaller cities that are not company towns. They have been almost completely forgotten by the government and as a result, “they are dying out and degrading” with those who can leaving, their budgets falling, and poverty increasing. She called on Moscow to begin focusing on these cities as well.

http://www.interpretermag.com/more-than-half-of-russias-urban-residents-are-now-poor/

Offline Doll

More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #2169 on: January 27, 2015, 05:20:17 AM »
Russia is used to it

Offline AkMike

More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #2170 on: January 27, 2015, 05:21:51 AM »
In the eyes of the world.

Offline AkMike

More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #2171 on: January 27, 2015, 05:40:05 AM »
Russia is used to it

While the rest of the world prospers, Russia is sinking into the lower reaches of a 3rd world country.
Is there a 4th world country level?  Will Russia be the first one to achieve this 'distinction'?

Face it Putin and his oligarch's have destroyed all credibility in the rest of the world but the population of Russia just accepts is.  :cluebat:

Don't Russians also want things to be better for their children and future generations yet to come?

Or will they also say," Russia is used to it."
 Tis a pity!
« Last Edit: January 27, 2015, 05:48:52 AM by AkMike »

Offline sleepycat

More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #2172 on: January 27, 2015, 05:50:41 AM »
Russia is used to it

Hey Doll are you following the regime's advice of eating less and using beetroot as makeup?

Offline Doll

More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #2173 on: January 27, 2015, 06:02:00 AM »
Hey Doll are you following the regime's advice of eating less and using beetroot as makeup?
I am not- beets are in my borsh ;D

Offline fathertime

More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #2174 on: January 27, 2015, 06:25:43 AM »
I am not- beets are in my borsh ;D

Hey Doll,  It appears France and Russia are striking a new deal regarding pigs/pork, despite objections from other EU states like Poland:

http://news.yahoo.com/poland-criticizes-bilateral-trade-deals-moscow-french-accord-155155322.html

Fathertime! 

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8884
Latest: Eugeneecott
New This Month: 0
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 541325
Total Topics: 20860
Most Online Today: 2843
Most Online Ever: 12701