It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: Леди, почему Вы решали искать себе партнер  (Read 9631 times)

Offline 2tallbill

• Living the dream
  • Spouse's Country: Russia
  • Trips: > 10
Леди, почему Вы решали искать себе партнера за границей? Пожалуйста, ответьте на русском.

Пожалуйста ответьте на русском языке. Спасибо

Bill
« Last Edit: August 07, 2007, 05:42:20 AM by Admin »
FSUW are not for entry level daters
FSUW don't do vague
FSUW like a man of action. Be a man of action 
If you find a promising girl, get your butt on a plane.
There are a hundred ways to be successful and a thousand ways to f#ck it up
Just kiss the girl, don't ask her first. Tolerate NO excuses!

Online Lily

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: Resident
Bill, you asked  'Ladies, why did you decide to search for a helper abroad'.

Please kindly specify what kind of helper do you mean.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2007, 05:42:45 AM by Admin »
Da, da, Canada; Nyet, nyet, Soviet!

Offline 2tallbill

• Living the dream
You are a moderator, I will send you a PM. Obviously I can't use an online translator LOL
« Last Edit: August 07, 2007, 05:43:07 AM by Admin »
FSUW don't do vague

Online Lily

This is a good demonstration of what disservice can be done by online translators   :( If someone uses them at personal correspondence, he or she could be easily misunderstood and misrepresented in the same way, and eventually with even worse consequences.  :(

Bill, I corrected, but it looks like there are some strange characters in the subject line for cyrillic letters...Can the Administration please assist? The right question in Russian is in the initial message by Bill now.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2007, 05:44:09 AM by Admin »

Offline Serebro

Леди, почему Вы решали искать себе партнера за границей? Пожалуйста, ответьте на русском.

Пожалуйста ответьте на русском языке. Спасибо

Bill
В этом же разделе есть такая же тема на английском на несколько страниц.
Зачем русскоязычный дубликат? Для тех, кто по-английски не говорит?! В чем смысл-то, ведь большинство тех, кому важен этот ответ по-русски все равно не говорят и не поймут.
Я бы посоветовала лично спросить об это женщину, с которой Вы собираетесь строить отношения. Удачи.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2007, 05:43:27 AM by Admin »

Offline 2tallbill

• Living the dream
Спасибо, Lily you are correct. I only know some transliteration and no real Russian.

BeregI zdorOvie!

Bill

PS. Serebro the purpose to speak in Russian is that the thread will not be hijacked.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2007, 05:43:47 AM by Admin »
FSUW don't do vague

Offline Admin

• Administrator
This is a good demonstration of what disservice can be done by online translators   :( If someone uses them at personal correspondence, he or she could be easily misunderstood and misrepresented in the same way, and eventually with even worse consequences.  :(

Bill, I corrected, but it looks like there are some strange characters in the subject line for cyrillic letters...Can the Administration please assist? The right question in Russian is in the initial message by Bill now.

It is also a good example of the problems of cut-and-paste from browsers. The encoding problems are tricky. Sometimes, it is as simple as switching to a different code, but not always. I am willing to bet that Bill pasted the title of the post instead of typing it - and that is what caused the problems with the Cyrillic text not displaying properly.

- Dan

Online Lily

Dan, I did.
I typed the subject line first, after this attempt failed I used typing the Cyrillic in the subject, and then tried several options of encodings. I also used copy-paste from the message body but it did not help either.

Offline jen

Izvinite, chto ia pishu nepravil'nym shriftom; u menia net russkogo shrifta na etom komputere.

Vot drugaia stranitsa, gde obsuzhdaiut (ili obsuzhdali) tot zhe vopros na angliiskom:
http://www.russianwomendiscussion.com/index.php?topic=5404.0

2tall predlozhil, chto budet udobnee nashim ledi obsuzhdat' etot vopros na russkom -- ne potomu, chto oni ne znaiut angliiskii na vysokom urovne, a potomu chto v etom sluchae budet menshe otvlecheniia ot temy (to est', kommentarii iz muzshchin kotorye ne chitaiut/ne pishut na russkom).

Chto schitaiut ledi?  Razgovor na russkom deistvitel'no budet udobnee, poleznee? Ili ne nado? Ili Bam vse ravno?

j.

Offline Admin

• Administrator
Dan, I did.
I typed the subject line first, after this attempt failed I used typing the Cyrillic in the subject, and then tried several options of encodings. I also used copy-paste from the message body but it did not help either.

Lily,

I also had a failed attempt when I copied the text from the message and tried to paste it into the subject. It looked OK, but then when saved, the text was garbled.

Next step was to go to the *source* - which meant I used the edit button to get the raw Cyrillic text. Once I did that, the copy/paste worked OK.

At least it seems OK now.

This site should handle Cyrillic with no problem, We are using UTF-8 for encoding, which is universal and allows ALL characters, including 1-bit languages.

FWIW

- Dan

Offline SANDRO43

• Trips: None (yet)
We are using UTF-8 for encoding, which is universal and allows ALL characters, including 1-bit languages.
1-bit languages :o?

Even "cheaper" than 2-bit languages, since their alphabet would only have 2 letters (0/1), as opposed to 4 ;D.
Milan's "Duomo"

Offline Admin

• Administrator
1-bit languages :o?

Even "cheaper" than 2-bit languages, since their alphabet would only have 2 letters (0/1), as opposed to 4 ;D.

I should have known better than to post on a topic which I have only passing knowledge of. I could have sworn that I heard reference to "1-bit languages' while living in Taiwan and we were lamenting the difficulties of translating across multiple languages.

In any case, simplified Chinese, Japanese, and other languages based on symbols (Thai?), are supposed to be supported with UTF-8 - as well as Cyrillic.

FWIW

- Dan

Offline SANDRO43

Dan, computers have always used BYTE encoding (EBCDIC, ASCII, etc.) because its 8 bits yield 28 permutations of 0s and 1s, i.e. the possibility of representing 256 different characters (upper case/lower case letters, numbers, punctuation, special characters, etc.).

More recently, DBCS (Double-Byte Character Support, i.e. 16 bits) was introduced to handle logographic languages such as Chinese: 216= 65,536 (64 K) permutations/characters ;).
« Last Edit: August 07, 2007, 09:33:01 AM by SANDRO43 »
Milan's "Duomo"

Offline Admin

• Administrator
:off topic:
Dan, computers have always used BYTE encoding (EBCDIC, ASCII, etc.) because its 8 bits yield 28 permutations of 0s and 1s, i.e. the possibility of representing 256 different characters (upper case/lower case letters, numbers, punctuation, special characters, etc.).

More recently, DBCS (Double-Byte Character Support, i.e. 16 bits) was introduced to handle logographic languages such as Chinese: 216= 65,536 (64 K) permutations/characters ;).

Sandro,

Somehow I just *knew* you would be able to solve the mystery, and shed light on this heretofore little understood area of ... linguistics? Well ... whatever the heck it is.   ;D

- Dan

Offline SANDRO43

this heretofore little understood area of ... linguistics? Well ... whatever the heck it is. 
We could call it διαφορετικογάμια, the reluctant but necessary marriage between a solid/stolid entity (computer) and a lively, irregular, opinionated creature (language). There are some parallels in real life, too ;D.
Milan's "Duomo"

Online Lily

Izvinite, chto ia pishu nepravil'nym shriftom; u menia net russkogo shrifta na etom komputere.

Vot drugaia stranitsa, gde obsuzhdaiut (ili obsuzhdali) tot zhe vopros na angliiskom:
http://www.russianwomendiscussion.com/index.php?topic=5404.0

2tall predlozhil, chto budet udobnee nashim ledi obsuzhdat' etot vopros na russkom -- ne potomu, chto oni ne znaiut angliiskii na vysokom urovne, a potomu chto v etom sluchae budet menshe otvlecheniia ot temy (to est', kommentarii iz muzshchin kotorye ne chitaiut/ne pishut na russkom).

Chto schitaiut ledi?  Razgovor na russkom deistvitel'no budet udobnee, poleznee? Ili ne nado? Ili Bam vse ravno?

j.

In my personal opinion a benefit of having a Russian thread would be able to attract those ladies who are less comfortable with writing in English. Personally I don't see any other benefits than that one.

Offline jen

OK, well if anyone else has thoughts let us know.  I encourage anyone to write in English or Russian to me, whatever you prefer.

j.

Offline vlxv

Кажется где-то на этом форуме кто-то запостил такую ссылку, http://from-russia.flybb.ru/ , Форум о знакомствах с иностранцами и жизни за границей. На сайте женщины обсуждают эту и другие темы, в т.ч. тему о разнице в возрасте. На русском.

Offline AnastassiaAsh

• Commercial Member
Well, there are at least 3 or 5 other forums where only Russian women participate and in both Russian and English. Go to my website and click on Contacts, at the bottom there are their banners....

Offline Bruno

Sandro, UTF16 exist from long time ago... my actual linux version use UTF16... more modern linux version use already UTF32.... can seem crazy but i cannot run the last version of the programming language python ( from 2.2 ) because i don't support UTF32... python is a very important language for guys working in the 3D domain... software like Maya, Poser, Carrrera, Bryce use it...

For information, my actual UTF16 already support Egyptian Hieroglyphics, Babylonian and other cuneiforms, Phoenician, and Mayan, together with lesser-known scripts of Asia, Europe, Africa, and the Americas. Many of them are not understood, such as the Rongorongo of Easter Island, Linear A of Crete, and Meroitic of the Upper Nile... So, i don't know the "why" of UTF32... except in the case of python where one character is one graphic instruction ( openGL language )...

Offline SANDRO43

:offtopic:
Sandro, UTF16 exist from long time ago...
Bruno, "a rose by any other name". UTF-16 (16-bit Unicode Transformation Format) is 16-bit encoding, in other words 2 bytes. No way out of that, if one needs to represent more than 256 characters ;). DBCS was IBM's name for the same beast, I suppose.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2007, 04:59:04 PM by SANDRO43 »
Milan's "Duomo"

Offline Bruno

DBCS was IBM's name for the same beast, I suppose.

DBCS is not a ISO/IEC 2022.. only some IBM mainframes do have true DBCS code pages, which contain only the double byte portion of a multibyte code page. DBCS is something from the past... like you  :o ... but it was a innovation in his time... yes, i know, you work for IBM... and i respect them because they have give for free so much license for free at the linux communauty...

Yep, you are right... it is  :offtopic:

Offline SANDRO43

:offtopic: :offtopic: :offtopic:
DBCS is not a ISO/IEC 2022..
We'll have to wait another 15 years, then ;).
DBCS is something from the past... like you  :o ... but it was a innovation in his time... yes, i know, you work for IBM
Thank you for your comradely hint at my Jurassic age, which also means that I'm NOT working for IBM since 1998 8).
... and i respect them because they have give for free so much license for free at the linux communauty...
You're rather naive, Bruno. IBM's sponsorship of Linux, Unix, etc. is/was not generosity, but their unsuccessful attempt at breaking MS's monopoly. IIRC, around 1996 IBM even announced with much fanfare a new, Unix-based PC with our own, non-Intel processor, touting its much higher speed. It did not even make it to production. 
Milan's "Duomo"

Offline Dar

• Hello...
Re: , 
« Reply #23 on: September 21, 2007, 09:15:51 AM »
. intermidiate, :))
« Last Edit: September 21, 2007, 11:41:00 AM by Lily »

Online Lily

Re: Леди, почему Вы решали искать себе партнер
« Reply #24 on: September 21, 2007, 10:27:50 PM »
Dar, I tried to convert your post into readable Cyrillic, but failed  :( sorry

Offline Turboguy

Re: Леди, почему Вы решали искать себе партнер
« Reply #25 on: September 22, 2007, 05:06:58 AM »
Try encoding it in Cyrilic Windows.  It worked fine for me.  She basically said her English was intermediate and she could express herself better in Russian.

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8884
Latest: Eugeneecott
New This Month: 0
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 541387
Total Topics: 20862
Most Online Today: 2512
Most Online Ever: 12701
(January 14, 2020, 07:04:55 AM)
Users Online
Members: 10
Guests: 2399
Total: 2409

+-Recent Posts

Re: The Struggle For Ukraine by krimster2
Yesterday at 07:36:35 AM

Re: Navigating the longest story ever told by Stirlitz
Yesterday at 02:18:56 AM

Re: The Struggle For Ukraine - Senate just passed the Bill! by Stirlitz
Yesterday at 02:12:24 AM

Re: The Struggle For Ukraine - Senate just passed the Bill! by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 01:56:55 AM

Re: The Struggle For Ukraine - Senate just passed the Bill! by krimster2
April 23, 2024, 07:07:31 PM

Re: American With Russian Fianc - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
April 23, 2024, 11:31:49 AM

Re: American With Russian Fianc - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Manny
April 23, 2024, 11:07:15 AM

Re: international travel by krimster2
April 23, 2024, 09:50:04 AM

Re: international travel by 2tallbill
April 23, 2024, 08:20:37 AM

Re: Trippin........... by 2tallbill
April 23, 2024, 08:06:00 AM