It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: 2019 - nCoV (novel coronavirus originating in Wuhan, China)  (Read 305309 times)

Offline fathertime

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: > 10
Re: 2019 - nCoV (novel coronavirus originating in Wuhan, China)
« Reply #150 on: February 28, 2020, 06:39:33 PM »
Currently there is some concern that the virus could be polyphasic. Meaning you get the virus, get well, virus lies dormant, layer you get it again. Similar to Anthrax. Japan just had it's second case.

the more I read the nastier this virus seems to be which is concerning.   keep getting the same virus over again until it overwhelms the immune system and takes a person out.  some people eliminated after one round others 2, 3 or 5 rounds.  what a horrible thought. 
I just happened to be browsing about the internet....

Offline BillyB

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
« Reply #151 on: February 28, 2020, 06:59:35 PM »
Currently there is some concern that the virus could be polyphasic. Meaning you get the virus, get well, virus lies dormant, layer you get it again. Similar to Anthrax. Japan just had it's second case.

2109 - nCoV is similar to cold viruses which are also coronaviruses but a lot deadlier. No cure for the cold but our body will produce antibodies and eventually beat the virus. There probably won't be a cure ever invented for this virus. Chances of getting infected with a cold virus again after getting a cold is minimal since antibodies will remain present in our bodies after a battle with a cold virus but we can easily catch a cold again after the antibodies diminish which takes a few months.

the more I read the nastier this virus seems to be which is concerning.   keep getting the same virus over again until it overwhelms the immune system and takes a person out.  some people eliminated after one round others 2, 3 or 5 rounds.  what a horrible thought. 

How many times in your life did you catch a cold? This virus is more contagious and deadlier. If it ends up having an 8% mortality rate and you catch it a number of times in your life, chances are you will die from it eventually. Highly likely people you know and family will die from it. That is why it needs to be defeated and there is great costs to do so. Blame China.

When this virus was discovered in Wuhan in late 2019, China hid it from the public and it exploded on their people yet they continued with business as usual. Two days before Wuhan, with the Communist party's blessing, told the world about the outbreak, they advertised a potluck for citizens and got more than 40,000 families together in one spot to eat in hopes they'd break a world record. The same day they announced the outbreak, the city also advertised they're giving away 200,000 free tickets to attend the city's new year celebration! Very irresponsible of the government to sponsor large groups of people together TWICE knowing there is an unknown and uncontrollable virus that has affected some of their citizens. So there will be great cost in lives and disruption of lives. There will be a huge financial cost to everybody in the world. Already our government has offered hundreds of millions to help China and designated billions to prepare for a defense against the virus in hopes it won't become an epidemic here. Since you invested in stocks, I'm sure you've taken a hit.
Fund the audits, spread the word and educate people, write your politicians and other elected officials. Stay active in the fight to save our country. Over 220 generals and admirals say we are in a fight for our survival like no other time since 1776.

Offline ML

« Reply #152 on: February 28, 2020, 07:05:01 PM »

There's also a troubling video showing an American who got the virus on the cruise ship, 2 weeks later was cleared, then on Fox is seen coughing quite a bit, somewhat sweaty sharing a water bottle with his daughter.

Reminds me of Spanish flu during WWI.

One soldier in hospital told he was given one thermometer, and told to take and record temps of all the guys in the ward.  He just wiped on his shirt between mouths.
A beautiful woman is pleasant to look at, but it is easier to live with a pleasant acting one.

Offline msmob

• Spouse's Country: Russia
« Reply #153 on: February 28, 2020, 07:45:34 PM »

OMG..

Similar to Anthrax' ...?

A Virus is 'similar' to a Bacteria, now..?

:wallbash:

Offline BillyB

« Reply #154 on: February 28, 2020, 10:41:31 PM »
"Maximum discipline", "Absolute Obedience" and loud speakers are being used to keep the virus from crossing the North Korean border. The whole country is under quarantine. Nobody in, nobody out. The people know the drill. They are no strangers to being locked down. In the photo everybody wears a mask except fearless Kim Jong Un who radiates strength and invincibility to his people. South Korea with over 2000 infected should use some of North Korea's methods of prevention.

http://www.yahoo.com/news/kim-warns-serious-consequences-virus-reaches-north-korea-005947594.html

Less than an hour from where I live, two more cases of infections showed up. One is a lady who just came back from South Korea and the other is a teen who did not travel. Who did he catch it from? Those two people live in different counties and if they didn't interact with each other, the teen probably acquired it from another infected person roaming the streets freely undetected. If this thing explodes in my area, I'll have to try maximum discipline and absolute obedience to see if it works.

http://tinyurl.com/vn2uj6v
« Last Edit: February 29, 2020, 12:27:55 PM by AnonMod »
Fund the audits, spread the word and educate people, write your politicians and other elected officials. Stay active in the fight to save our country. Over 220 generals and admirals say we are in a fight for our survival like no other time since 1776.

Offline tfcrew

• North Texas... Married 21 years
  • Trips: 4 - 10
« Reply #155 on: February 28, 2020, 10:58:04 PM »
Reminds me of Spanish flu during WWI.
Wow! M L .....Just how old are you bud?
The 1918 influenza pandemic (January 1918 – December 1920; colloquially known as Spanish flu) was an unusually deadly influenza pandemic, the first of the two pandemics involving H1N1 influenza virus, with the second being the swine flu in 2009.[1 It infected 500 million people around the world,[2] or about 27% of the then world population of between 1.8 and 1.9 billion, including people on isolated Pacific islands and in the Arctic. The death toll is estimated to have been 40 million to 50 million, and possibly as high as 100 million, making it one of the deadliest epidemics in human history.[3][4] Historical and epidemiological data are inadequate to identify with certainty the pandemic's geographic origin.[2]
I got the Hong Kong flu in '68--- it kicked my ass!
The 1968 flu pandemic was a category 2 flu pandemic whose outbreak in 1968 and 1969 killed an estimated one million people worldwide.[1][2][3] It was caused by an H3N2 strain of the influenza A virus, descended from H2N2 through antigenic shift, a genetic process in which genes from multiple subtypes reassorted to form a new virus. Because it originated in Hong Kong, the pandemic is also referred to as Hong Kong flu.
~There is no one more blind than those who refuse to see and none more deaf as those who will not listen~
~Think about the intelligence of the average person and then realize that half of the people are even more stupid than that~

Offline IvanM07

« Reply #156 on: February 28, 2020, 11:18:53 PM »
"Maximum discipline", "Absolute Obedience" and loud speakers are being used to keep the virus from crossing the North Korean border. The whole country is under quarantine. Nobody in, nobody out. The people know the drill. They are no strangers to being locked down. In the photo everybody wears a mask except fearless Kim Jong Un who radiates strength and invincibility to his people. South Korea with over 2000 infected should use some of North Korea's methods of prevention.

http://www.yahoo.com/news/kim-warns-serious-consequences-virus-reaches-north-korea-005947594.html

Hey man, North Korea says the glorious leader ERADICATED the virus. I mean that's from the state news. what other confirmation could one want? So Moobs/failboat should definitely head there if he's worried about the 'sniffles'.

Offline msmob

« Reply #157 on: February 29, 2020, 03:37:34 AM »
He keeps trying. Hang on let me try old talk. HE couldn't SEE the similarities. Seeing his RIP will be GLORIOUS.

Your  posting, " I am so busted " would have sufficed.

One of the benefits of 'age' is often wisdom...

Offline fathertime

« Reply #158 on: February 29, 2020, 08:04:01 AM »
Blame China.
Since you invested in stocks, I'm sure you've taken a hit.

no, i don't blame china, unless it winds up being a bio weapon gone wild, which i don't think it is the case.   virus's is a way of the world.  reminds me of blaming trump, which also shouldn't be done either, in this case.   

stocks of mine got hit massively like anyone's   i'm not short on money (yet) but one child's 22k a semester college education definately means i need to keep earning and taking a hit hurts in the respect that the education account takes a hit.   i still feel easy come easy go overall about stock prices.   they rose so much in the past few years on paper.    interest rates are at all time lows. 

Online krimster2

• Trips: Resident
« Reply #159 on: February 29, 2020, 09:12:51 AM »
our quarantined past and future...

when I was a klein kind
meyn bobe told me about her journey from Ukraine to the golden shores of America...

first, it was a long, long train ride, up north past Kyiv and on through Warsaw...
they had to get off the train in Germany and get on another train...

she had her first quarantine in Germany
meyn bobe was just a kleiner kinder like me in a German camp
because her little brother had a cold, the whole family remained in the camp for a month until he got better and they were cleared....

then the family got on a train and went north to Hamburg...
where they boarded an English ship that took them to Hull, England...
where yet again they were interred in a quarantine camp
at least this one was inside and not in a tent like Germany
a small cramped room in an old building on the third floor with a community kitchen
and downstairs outside privy
a week there and they were all cleared to take a short train ride to the western side of the UK to Liverpool where they boarded another ship to sail to New York...

finally arriving on Feb 2, 1882
and quarantined yet again in a single large room with over 100 beds and community kitchen, etc...

after a week there, they were free as birds, and could go to wherever they pleased...

so...

I’m pretty sure that within the next 5 years, we’re going to have a HUGE change in global travel
personal travel will depend on a quarantine system
this requires testing kits...
we should be building dozens of testing kit factories right now
and taking our best minds, and give them unlimited resources
and tell them you’ve got a year to make the biggest improvements you can to the existing test kits and then you start building these factories

just so you understand people...
this disease is 50% more infectious than the flu
and twenty times more lethal....

if it takes hold here, i.e. gets into a locally created exponential growth rate then we are all gonna be screwed, don’t you see that?

we are now very dangerously close to this growth pattern actually beginning now...
hopefully, the growth rate of the virus will be reduced by temperature....
but think about it...
think about what happens after the summer pause,
when the virus’s optimal growth season resumes...
last year, it didn’t have this reservoir of virus, but when this years season restarts, it will...
IMHO, if next year gives us a 50%+ increase, then within 10 years of that, then this disease will be even more common than the flu

which means, with existing virus, we will have about 200,000 to 300,000 deaths per year in the USA
and there is a significant chance that one strain of this virus will recombine with another in a human host and creating a much more lethal version

Disease
Poverty
War
Famine

ghost riders in the sky

a voice in the wilderness, shouting out a warning to my brothers and sisters
all over this land

something on the horizon
slouching towards Bethlehem

and if that's not bad enough news...
there's worse...
this virus is a version of SARS...
it rapidly mutates...
SARS was  completely unknown by science just 20 years ago, and now this is now the 4th outbreak of a SARS virus
and look at the growth in magnitude of the human devastation caused by each new major outbreak of the virus
it's the next one, that's gonna be the one that wipes us all out...

think "Walking Dead" but without the zombies

oh, and before I go, let's let also not forget the fact that the flu infection rate in China has increased by 50% in the last 5 years at the same time

so some of the readers of this board
are probably gonna kiss their ass goodby in the next 5-10 years from SARS
my advice
live for today, don't worry about tomorrow
hey, hey, hey

« Last Edit: February 29, 2020, 11:33:56 AM by krimster2 »

Offline BillyB

« Reply #160 on: February 29, 2020, 10:17:28 AM »
no, i don't blame china, unless it winds up being a bio weapon gone wild, which i don't think it is the case.   virus's is a way of the world.  reminds me of blaming trump, which also shouldn't be done either, in this case.   

China has been negligent. Regardless where this virus came from, it showed up last year and China did nothing except to silence those who were sounding the alarm. They let it get out of control in their country and into other countries affecting lives and economies. Although America has 66 infected, we are throwing billions of dollars to combat the problem and quarantining people last year but China didn't want to spend the money and hurt their reputation. Now they're going to spend a lot more money and take a bigger hit on reputation. If this problem was nipped at the bud, life would be fine. Now we have a real chance of living with this virus forever and it will alter our lives and economy forever.

just so you understand people...
this disease is 50% more infectious than the flu
and twenty times more lethal....

Your posts in this thread keep using conservative numbers. The flu has a .1% death rate and the media, government, and people with PhD's in interviews say this virus has a 2% mortality rate which makes it 20 times more deadlier than the flu. The 2% mortality rate is a lie or they all have bad math skills. John Hopkin link below has the reports from all nations. We know some nations like North Korea isn't reporting and some nations are underreporting for lets assume the numbers are true. You still can't get the 2% mortality rate with those numbers. It's higher. Anybody can do the math. 85,688 people in this world have been infected. 2933 people have died from the virus. 39,761 have recovered. That would mean 42,994 people are still battling the virus and can't be included in the mortality rate yet. So out of 42,694 people which have finished the battle with the virus, you can calculate current mortality rate with the 2933 people that died. If someone can show me how the government, media and experts come up with 2%, please show me. Current mortality rate is 6.9% and it's 69 times more deadlier than the flu. The truth may be the mortality rate is over 10%

http://tinyurl.com/yx2mqrfh
« Last Edit: February 29, 2020, 12:26:55 PM by AnonMod »

Online krimster2

« Reply #161 on: February 29, 2020, 10:29:06 AM »
but the most important number after lethality and rate of infection (which are both really bad for this virus)
is the rate of increase of infection
that will take one more year to figure out
this is the number you need to see before you decide to panic or not

what we have learned so far
is that when the number of cases pass a certain threshold say between 400-1000
then the public adopts a "hoarding mentality" and the grocery stores and pharmacies empty...

smart people will wait until early summer before buying dry foods and MRE's radios flash lights
and here in the USA ammunition
make your purchases then and stretch it out so as to not have early shortages and even more panic

get ready for next flu season this summer

« Last Edit: February 29, 2020, 10:31:24 AM by krimster2 »

Offline BillyB

« Reply #162 on: February 29, 2020, 10:37:57 AM »
Panic can be deadlier than this virus. People killing each other over the last mask or food on the shelf. I don't blame the government and experts if they are intentionally telling a lie this virus has a 2% or less mortality rate.

America may be fine but there is a chance an epidemic can hit an American city. Yesterday it was discovered a teen in a county next door to mine had the virus. He has not travelled. That means he got infected from a person who hasn't been discovered and not quarantined. There is a chance that this infected person has infected many more people and the numbers of infected can explode like it did in Italy, Iran, or South Korea.

Offline msmob

« Reply #163 on: February 29, 2020, 05:54:56 PM »
Some ( relative) stats for our BillyB..

"CORONAVIRUS IN NUMBERS…AND WHY WE REALLY SHOULDN’T PANIC"

"Let’s take one of the worst days so far – the 10th of February. Whilst we were enjoying our Public Holiday, 108 persons in CHINA died of Coronavirus.

BUT, on the same day
26,283 people died of Cancer
24,641 people died of Heart Disease
4,300 people died of Diabetes
and on that day, Suicide, unfortunately, took more lives than the virus did, by 28 times.
Moreover, Mosquitoes kill 2,740 people every day, HUMANS kill 1,300 fellow humans every day and Snakes kill 137 people every day."

One final thing which we would like to address is the Myth of the Mask. No, this is not the latest Indiana Jones instalment but a huge misconception.

People who are not sick do not need to wear any mask. A mask is worn to contain germs, in case, those who are affected sneeze (which is the most common way of spreading the virus). The mask should be worn by those who feel that they might be sick. The mask carries germs on its outer part, and, if not changed frequently, then it might actually be one of the carrying vehicles of the germs!

http://bay.com.mt/coronavirus-in-numbers-and-why-we-really-shouldnt-panic/

Offline BillyB

« Reply #164 on: February 29, 2020, 06:07:55 PM »
"Let’s take one of the worst days so far – the 10th of February. Whilst we were enjoying our Public Holiday, 108 persons in CHINA died of Coronavirus.

BUT, on the same day
26,283 people died of Cancer
24,641 people died of Heart Disease
4,300 people died of Diabetes
and on that day, Suicide, unfortunately, took more lives than the virus did, by 28 times.
Moreover, Mosquitoes kill 2,740 people every day, HUMANS kill 1,300 fellow humans every day and Snakes kill 137 people every day."

Everybody can get cancer, heart disease, diabetes, get bit by a mosquito or snake and if you add all that together, millions will die worldwide every year. If everybody can get this new coronavirus, hundreds of millions can die every year.

"CORONAVIRUS IN NUMBERS…AND WHY WE REALLY SHOULDN’T PANIC"

It's okay if the governments want to keep people from panicking but it doesn't take a rocket scientist to see how they are behaving with this virus. Do you see them declaring all out war against mosquitos and snakes who you claim are killing more humans than this virus?

Over the past couple of decades, I never posted a thing about the MERS, SARS, swine and bird flu outbreaks. This virus is different so I post on it. It behaves differently and there may never be a cure found and if it's not stopped and we have to live with it, it will change our economies and our behavior forever.

Offline msmob

« Reply #165 on: February 29, 2020, 06:20:43 PM »
BillyB

You had a VERY simple example of how dangerous the virus is versus other FAR more common ways to die..

So, why don't you tell us if you and your family have self isolated?))

Offline BillyB

« Reply #166 on: February 29, 2020, 06:28:18 PM »
So, why don't you tell us if you and your family have self isolated?))

I live life normally but I'm also aware how fast this thing can explode and will be prepared. Today the first American died from this virus in a hospital 30 minutes from where I live. Yesterday a teen who lives less than an hour away from me didn't travel and  got infected from an unidentified person. This unidentified person can make this virus explode in my region. If an outbreak happens in America, I'm going to predict it'll happen in the Seattle region first. The recent events in Seattle are a sign an outbreak can happen soon as they will discover hundreds who may have gotten infected like the way it went down in South Korea, Iran, and Italy.

Offline msmob

« Reply #167 on: February 29, 2020, 10:37:06 PM »
BillyB

The virus is out there.

Based on your 'logic' and 'doomsday scenarios' you'd be MAD to go out...

In the mean time....in the real world .... I am going to worry about other things.

Offline fathertime

« Reply #168 on: March 01, 2020, 08:21:52 AM »
China has been negligent. Regardless where this virus came from, it showed up last year and China did nothing except to silence those who were sounding the alarm. They let it get out of control in their country and into other countries affecting lives and economies. Although America has 66 infected, we are throwing billions of dollars to combat the problem and quarantining people last year but China didn't want to spend the money and hurt their reputation. Now they're going to spend a lot more money and take a bigger hit on reputation. If this problem was nipped at the bud, life would be fine. Now we have a real chance of living with this virus forever and it will alter our lives and economy forever.

again blaming china for a virus, assuming it wasn't a weaponized virus is just silly.  virus's happen, it has been that way since the beginning of time. 

Online krimster2

« Reply #169 on: March 01, 2020, 08:33:23 AM »
measles, is another virus that originated in China, first in cattle, then about 800 years ago jumped to humans and spread westward....
killed millions and millions

Online krimster2

« Reply #170 on: March 01, 2020, 08:43:51 AM »
Joos come to the rescue, and create yet another vaccine, cholera, polio, etc

from the sea of Galilee no less, one of my old snorkle spots, cool stuff on the bottom
http://www.jpost.com/HEALTH-SCIENCE/Israeli-scientists-In-three-weeks-we-will-have-coronavirus-vaccine-619101

what a dilemma for the Alt-Right

Offline BillyB

« Reply #171 on: March 01, 2020, 09:56:18 AM »

Based on your 'logic' and 'doomsday scenarios' you'd be MAD to go out...

Where did I say for people to wear masks and stay at home? There is a chance that someday we'll be living like the people of Wuhan. Not many photos and videos leaked out but from the few that has, it's a pretty desolate place. I wonder how the government is feeding those 11 million people under complete lockdown.

again blaming china for a virus, assuming it wasn't a weaponized virus is just silly.  virus's happen, it has been that way since the beginning of time. 

Fires happen too. Let's say you got a small fire and call the fire department. They show up and a squirt of water in the kitchen would extinguish it but they say it's lunchtime and waste an hour eating. Instead of your kitchen getting burned up, your whole house burned down and you're angry. They respond "fires happen since the beginning of time. Don't blame us"

Offline fathertime

« Reply #172 on: March 01, 2020, 05:54:14 PM »

Fires happen too. Let's say you got a small fire and call the fire department. They show up and a squirt of water in the kitchen would extinguish it but they say it's lunchtime and waste an hour eating. Instead of your kitchen getting burned up, your whole house burned down and you're angry. They respond "fires happen since the beginning of time. Don't blame us"

i don't see the situation as similar enough to use fire as a valid comparison. 

Offline BillyB

« Reply #173 on: March 01, 2020, 06:07:21 PM »

China absolutely dropped the ball when this virus showed up last year. They didn't act but instead arrested medical professional who wanted to act and sound the alarm to put out the fire/virus. The government of Wuhan was giving out 200,000 free tickets to the New Year Celebration and advertising for people to come to the 40,000 family potluck meal so Guinness Book of World's records can document a world record Potluck gathering in January when they knew this virus was going around since December. Not only did they do nothing, they added gas to a kitchen fire and it's costing lives and billions if not trillions of dollars.

Offline IvanM07

« Reply #174 on: March 01, 2020, 06:23:04 PM »

It does make sense though, the last few outbreaks tend to be predominantly from rural areas of China. I personally think it's due to not enough health or sanitary standards in place that lead to these host transfers whether it be Pigs, Pangolins or Bats assuming this didnt walk out on the bottom of someone's shoe from a lab.

It is interesting that this came from Beijing the other day....

"the Chinese Ministry of Science and Technology released a new directive entitled “Instructions on strengthening biosecurity management in microbiology labs that handle advanced viruses like the novel coronavirus.”

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8883
Latest: Leroy14
New This Month: 1
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 541025
Total Topics: 20849
Most Online Today: 2385
Most Online Ever: 12701
(January 14, 2020, 07:04:55 AM)
Users Online
Members: 6
Guests: 1851
Total: 1857

+-Recent Posts

Re: Four Year Wonders Got Married: Ochka and ML by Trenchcoat
Today at 08:17:01 PM

What to do by 2tallbill
Today at 07:34:12 PM

Re: What to do by Daveman
Today at 06:11:07 PM

Re: What to do by Daveman
Today at 05:57:45 PM

Re: Russian music video of the week by civi68
Today at 02:53:36 PM

Re: Four Year Wonders Got Married: Ochka and ML by Bee Farmer
Today at 10:12:54 AM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Today at 06:44:55 AM

Re: Arctic Blast hit hard in most areas of USA by 2tallbill
Today at 06:36:29 AM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Infoman
Yesterday at 09:57:04 PM

Re: Plumber earnings by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 09:37:55 PM