It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: 2019 - nCoV (novel coronavirus originating in Wuhan, China)  (Read 309754 times)

Offline tfcrew

• North Texas... Married 21 years
  • Spouse's Country: Ukraine
  • Trips: 4 - 10
Re: 2019 - nCoV (novel coronavirus originating in Wuhan, China)
« Reply #300 on: March 11, 2020, 09:46:14 PM »
... but reality is, if he knew the virus was extremely serious, some will say he didn't take enough steps to protect americans.   
He suggested right away possibly stopping flights from China and the Main Slime Media blasted these "heartless" remarks.
~There is no one more blind than those who refuse to see and none more deaf as those who will not listen~
~Think about the intelligence of the average person and then realize that half of the people are even more stupid than that~

Offline Gator

• Spouse's Country: Russia
  • Trips: > 10
« Reply #301 on: March 11, 2020, 10:24:28 PM »
I see from  quotes that RWD's  anti-American baldy from California has been blaming Trump and touting China. 

Why can't we work together as we face this vicious pathogen, a pathogen that treats Republican and Democrats equally.  Why do we need to recall how China put the world at risk: 

-  The Chinese government knew in December, perhaps earlier, the outbreak was serious and resembled SARS (severe acute respiratory syndrome).

-   When a doctor who posted on social media in late December that he had quarantined in his hospital seven patients suffering from a SARS like illness, the Wuhan police targeted him.  That doctor, named Li Wenliang, died on February 7, at a young 34, certainly not elderly

-  The Chinese did not stop travel to and from Wuhan until late January, allowing a vast number of Wuhan citizens to travel out of the city, many to international locations, only to infect others there and continue the global spread.   

In summary, the Chinese were more interested in "production" than "prevention," and the world is reaping the whirlwind. 

Yes, the Chinese took draconian measures, something only an autocratic government could implement.  But it was too late.   The only good news is that China now reports data suggesting they are beginning to contain the epidemic within their borders.     

Offline Gator

« Reply #302 on: March 11, 2020, 10:31:26 PM »
I just now watched CNN Chis Cuomo coverage of Trump's speech. 

Cuomo remarked less about the substance and more about Trump's breathing and body language.  Acosta of course accused Trump of misleading the public, having to walk back some lies, xenophobia, etc.  David Gregory partially defended Trump, yet criticized him for not showing empathy about the Italians.  Gupta just gave the facts, useful facts.     

Offline msmob

« Reply #303 on: March 12, 2020, 12:01:33 AM »
Considering WHO was telling other nations trade and travel to and from China is fine, America still took action stopping flights and is not as bad off as Europe. Our spy agencies were probably listening on phone calls of Chinese government officials losing control and planning a coverup. Time will let us know how bad we got hit but so far, Europe has a much higher infection rate than America does.

BillyB

Which Schengen nation banned flights to/ from China first....WAY ahead of other EU nations..

How has that worked out for them...?

Surely, it wasn't Italy?...
« Last Edit: March 12, 2020, 12:46:34 AM by msmob »

Offline IvanM07

« Reply #304 on: March 12, 2020, 12:39:55 AM »
BillyB

Which Schegen nation banned flights to/ from China first....WAY ahead of other EU nations..

You're obviously doing well mobs. 10x your size and yet? Let us know next week sweet cheeks.

I just now watched CNN Chis Cuomo coverage of Trump's speech. 

Cuomo remarked less about the substance and more about Trump's breathing and body language.  Acosta of course accused Trump of misleading the public, having to walk back some lies, xenophobia, etc.  David Gregory partially defended Trump, yet criticized him for not showing empathy about the Italians.  Gupta just gave the facts, useful facts.     

I saw that too. Personally as noted, i am a trump supporter. So watching this was incredible. Even for TDS....

Offline msmob

« Reply #305 on: March 12, 2020, 12:45:45 AM »
You're obviously doing well mobs. 10x your size and yet? Let us know next week sweet cheeks.

Who what is 10 times whose size...context?

Can anyone translate?....

Offline IvanM07

« Reply #306 on: March 12, 2020, 12:56:42 AM »
Oh  my bad moobs. Was laughing at your expense. Honestly it happens a lot sweetheart. Was talking about economy. Carry on babygirl.

How's the TP industry?

Who what is 10 times whose size...context?

Can anyone translate?....
« Last Edit: March 12, 2020, 12:58:49 AM by IvanM07 »

Offline IvanM07

« Reply #307 on: March 12, 2020, 01:07:29 AM »
I wouldnt imagine that those low born with raisins as their women care. but my FiL is begging me to stay there, offering one of the 3 flats I kinda hate the US so why not? Especially with upper class. I guess is Americans are better than Oirishhh. Anyhow I am grateful for an incredible FiL. I'm flying there tomorrow.

Offline BillyB

« Reply #308 on: March 12, 2020, 06:06:38 AM »
BillyB

Which Schengen nation banned flights to/ from China first....WAY ahead of other EU nations..

Banning flights from China is not enough. The Chinese can then just get a flight to Germany and then fly into Italy. That is why Trump is banning not just flights but also individuals that pass through or lives in China and now many European nations regardless of what flight they are on.
Fund the audits, spread the word and educate people, write your politicians and other elected officials. Stay active in the fight to save our country. Over 220 generals and admirals say we are in a fight for our survival like no other time since 1776.

Offline msmob

« Reply #309 on: March 12, 2020, 06:25:54 AM »
Banning flights from China is not enough. The Chinese can then just get a flight to Germany and then fly into Italy. That is why Trump is banning not just flights but also individuals that pass through or lives in China and now many European nations regardless of what flight they are on.

Hmm,

..and when did Italy do THAT ?

If ever there was a time to remember the idiom "When in hole  .. stop digging " ..This is it, BillyB

Offline fathertime

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
« Reply #310 on: March 12, 2020, 06:26:22 AM »
I see from  quotes that RWD's  anti-American baldy from California has been blaming Trump and touting China. 

Humorous distortion.   The US has to take the blame for not acting sooner if the virus was deemed as dangerous as it seems to be now.  I remember Billyb commenting a long time ago at it's severity, if Billyb knew, why didn't the US top leadership know? 

In summary, the Chinese were more interested in "production" than "prevention," and the world is reaping the whirlwind.       
what could also be said is the US and trump were more interested in the economy then saving US lives.  We could have taken steps much sooner but choose not to. 

Yes, the Chinese took draconian measures, something only an autocratic government could implement.  But it was too late.   The only good news is that China now reports data suggesting they are beginning to contain the epidemic within their borders.     

So as I read it seems you say China's system of governance is superior to the USA's in a time of crisis like this.  I don't agree that the US couldn't have done what china did, if it was deemed necessary.  It would have been painful, yet it may turn out it was necessary. 

Fathertime!
I just happened to be browsing about the internet....

Offline msmob

« Reply #311 on: March 12, 2020, 07:08:32 AM »

Er, do you think Italy doesn't know / didn't know  how / when a Chinese national arrived in the Schengen zone ?   With every post the hole you dig for yourself re DUH just gets deeper

Example: The USA hasn't got a CLUE where a  Cypriot has been - they are not in Schengen ..

I'm not convinced such measures are helpful, now ...  but for sure ... the US is a little 'later' than Italy ( and many other nations) in all facets of dealing with the virus ..

Can you imagine anyone could be 'envious' of such a situation ? ...

Offline GQBlues

• Trips: None (yet)
« Reply #312 on: March 12, 2020, 08:32:43 AM »
Why can't we work together as we face this vicious pathogen, a pathogen that treats Republican and Democrats equally.  Why do we need to recall how China put the world at risk:

I stopped wondering a day after last general election.

Don't mind FT so much...when things gets down and dirty due to lockdowns, you can trust the fact he'll be first in line to file for Trump's economic assistance program.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2020, 09:16:10 AM by GQBlues »
Quote from: msmob
1. Because of 'man', global warming is causing desert and arid areas to suffer long, dry spell.
2. The 2018 Camp Fire and Woolsey California wildfires are forests burning because of global warming.
3. N95 mask will choke you dead after 30 min. of use.

Offline fathertime

« Reply #313 on: March 12, 2020, 10:03:52 AM »
I stopped wondering a day after last general election.

Don't mind FT so much...when things gets down and dirty due to lockdowns, you can trust the fact he'll be first in line to file for Trump's economic assistance program.
How mean! 

I recently could have filed for workman’s comp due to recent injuries on the job  but didn’t ask for a thin dime.  I have no reason or intent to take trump federal funds if they become available.  I have plenty to survive even if business goes down the crapper with my dwindling stockpile of TP.    If things were to be so bad as to force me into insolvency the nation would be in extreme distress and federal dollars wouldn’t matter much anyway.  If need be I’ll just buy TP from Billyb or Trenchcoat at their bloated capitalist pricing.   

Fathertime!   

Offline BillyB

« Reply #314 on: March 12, 2020, 11:05:55 AM »
Er, do you think Italy doesn't know / didn't know  how / when a Chinese national arrived in the Schengen zone ? 

You said Italy had a flight ban. So that means flights coming from China are banned but flights from Germany are not banned. If I were a Chinese national and had an important business trip or vacation to Italy I didn't want to miss, I would just schedule a flight to Germany and then fly on a German plane into Italy. If you can find where Italy banned individuals, Chinese or not, that came China like Trump did, please show me.
Fund the audits, spread the word and educate people, write your politicians and other elected officials. Stay active in the fight to save our country. Over 220 generals and admirals say we are in a fight for our survival like no other time since 1776.

Offline GQBlues

« Reply #315 on: March 12, 2020, 02:00:08 PM »
It simply amazes me how wacky the Democrats desperation really is. A *No Ban Act* in these times? What is wrong with these numbnuts?

http://www.oann.com/democrats-expected-to-postpone-no-ban-act-vote/

>> "The head of the Federation for American Immigration Reform has also called out the Democrats’ new legislation. He claimed their priorities lie in taking political shots at the president instead of putting the American people first.

“The American people elected President Trump to make difficult decisions in the name of public safety and the national interest,” said Dan Stein. “For House Democrats to cripple his power to protect Americans from foreign threats, including terrorists and pandemics, is a shocking dereliction of their duty as elected representatives.”

However, it is likely that President Trump will veto the bill if it passes. <<
1. Because of 'man', global warming is causing desert and arid areas to suffer long, dry spell.
2. The 2018 Camp Fire and Woolsey California wildfires are forests burning because of global warming.

Offline msmob

« Reply #316 on: March 12, 2020, 02:47:28 PM »
You said Italy had a flight ban. So that means flights coming from China are banned but flights from Germany are not banned. If I were a Chinese national and had an important business trip or vacation to Italy I didn't want to miss, I would just schedule a flight to Germany and then fly on a German plane into Italy. If you can find where Italy banned individuals, Chinese or not, that came China like Trump did, please show me.

And SillyBillyB walked onto yet ANOTHER punch..

Naturally, I am aware ppl circumvented Italy's ban...as will those who can fly via non Schengen nations...

You knew that was my point.....right?

:deadhorse:

Offline GQBlues

« Reply #317 on: March 12, 2020, 03:02:56 PM »
How mean! 

I recently could have filed for workman’s comp due to recent injuries on the job  but didn’t ask for a thin dime.  I have no reason or intent to take trump federal funds if they become available.  I have plenty to survive even if business goes down the crapper with my dwindling stockpile of TP.    If things were to be so bad as to force me into insolvency the nation would be in extreme distress and federal dollars wouldn’t matter much anyway.  If need be I’ll just buy TP from Billyb or Trenchcoat at their bloated capitalist pricing.   

Fathertime!

One never say never! You'll likely be tripping over jone on who gets on the front of the soup line :devil:

BUT - at least one 'expert' who's been on the frontline have more confidence with our system than we give them (it) credit for. Despite CDC's untimely bad decision, WHO's Dr. Bruce Alyward have a point.

Aylward said he had “phenomenal confidence in the ability of the U.S. to get this under control,” noting how many epidemiologists in China — which has succeeded in minimizing new cases — had trained in the United States.

“They know how to do this stuff," he said of the U.S. experts. “And they've trained thousands of people across the U.S. to get organized. You mobilize that army, and you beat this most recent of enemies.”

But, again, future may dictate otherwise.

Offline msmob

« Reply #318 on: March 12, 2020, 03:31:08 PM »
Came across an intersting minor spat between BY and RU ..

Russia's Pervy ( First ) channel was running a story that Belarus found 'insulting'...reporting a death due to COVID-19 on the 3rd of March.
http://belsat.eu/en/news/fake-diplomats-set-to-address-russian-tv-report-on-coronavirus-death-in-belarus/

Offline BillyB

« Reply #319 on: March 12, 2020, 03:36:58 PM »
Naturally, I am aware ppl circumvented Italy's ban...as will those who can fly via non Schengen nations...

But you were bragging that Italy took quick action. They took quick action but they didn't take appropriate action. As I look back at the events, I'm glad Trump and his team were smarter than other governments. Banning individuals who past through China recently regardless of what plane or country they are flying from was the smart thing to do. The circumventing of Trump's ban was not possible by hopping onto another plane from another country. If you been in China recently, you can't come in. Now if you been to certain European countries recently, you can't come in.

Offline msmob

« Reply #320 on: March 12, 2020, 03:43:41 PM »
But you were bragging that Italy took quick action. They took quick action

OMG, BillyB is on a roll of FAILS...

No..I pointed out Italy was was ahead in testing...and implementing schemes to try to thwart the spread...

I did NOT claim they worked.. If fact I do believe I pointed out why flight bans haven't worked...

'Trampu's' 'ban' has already morphed into allowing Schengen zone flights to land at 15 designated airports ...to screen arrivals..

NOT what he said in his address...

Online 2tallbill

• Living the dream
« Reply #321 on: March 20, 2020, 08:54:13 AM »
China Spins Tale That the U.S. Army Started the Coronavirus Epidemic
Published March 13, 2020
http://www.nytimes.com/2020/03/13/world/asia/coronavirus-china-conspiracy-theory.html

Inside China’s campaign to blame the U.S. for the coronavirus pandemic
http://www.marketwatch.com/story/inside-chinas-campaign-to-blame-the-us-for-the-coronavirus-pandemic-2020-03-15

China’s new top priority: spinning coronavirus — and blaming the US
http://nypost.com/2020/03/17/chinas-new-top-priority-spinning-coronavirus-and-blaming-the-us/

Chinese diplomat accuses US Army of creating coronavirus
epidemic in Wuhan

http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/policy/defense-national-security/chinese-diplomat-accuses-us-army-of-creating-coronavirus-epidemic-in-wuhan

FSUW are not for entry level daters
FSUW don't do vague
FSUW like a man of action. Be a man of action 
If you find a promising girl, get your butt on a plane.
There are a hundred ways to be successful and a thousand ways to f#ck it up
Just kiss the girl, don't ask her first. Tolerate NO excuses!

Online 2tallbill

• Living the dream
« Reply #322 on: March 20, 2020, 10:33:28 AM »
FSUW are not for entry level daters
FSUW don't do vague
FSUW like a man of action. Be a man of action 
If you find a promising girl, get your butt on a plane.
There are a hundred ways to be successful and a thousand ways to f#ck it up
Just kiss the girl, don't ask her first. Tolerate NO excuses!

Offline Gator

« Reply #323 on: March 20, 2020, 02:55:05 PM »

Democrat Dark Money Groups To Spend Millions Politicizing Wuhan Flu

That will be a new low.  We should not expect less from such a miserable lot of people.   

To set this up, the media must first scare the people.  And they are trying!   Did you hear the reporter today ask Trump if he was "scared."  Trump jumped all over his ass. 

Offline fathertime

« Reply #324 on: March 20, 2020, 07:24:40 PM »
That will be a new low.  We should not expect less from such a miserable lot of people.   

To set this up, the media must first scare the people.  And they are trying!   Did you hear the reporter today ask Trump if he was "scared."  Trump jumped all over his ass.
If anything, it is the republicans that sound utterly miserable.   

Listening to talk radio in the car, all they could talk about is China, China, China....just distorting and playing the blame game.  Trying to gin up hate and demonize...as evidenced by your post, it is succeeding.

Fathertime! 

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8884
Latest: Eugeneecott
New This Month: 0
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 541321
Total Topics: 20860
Most Online Today: 2843
Most Online Ever: 12701