It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: 2019 - nCoV (novel coronavirus originating in Wuhan, China)  (Read 304751 times)

Offline msmob

• Spouse's Country: Russia
  • Trips: > 10
Re: 2019 - nCoV (novel coronavirus originating in Wuhan, China)
« Reply #350 on: March 30, 2020, 03:17:41 PM »
NO WAY!!!

Trump is terrible and wants everyone to die!!
Especially the poor and minorities!!

'Trampu' is full of it ..sadly, as you'll discover .. the HARD way ..

1/ What sort of 'tests' - given there are two sorts - with varying accuracy depending if you are in early stages or finished the symptoms  ?

2/ http://ourworldindata.org/coronavirus-testing-source-data  Australia ( example) has tested 113615 - which is proportionately WAY ahead of the US in numbers and percentiles of the population

3/ BillyB and ventilators ..  by the time you're really hit .. you may indeed have more ventilators than staff who are well enough to operate them ((   Your 'leader' just keeps on spoutin' stuff that is going to look foolish down the line ((

Offline BillyB

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
« Reply #351 on: March 30, 2020, 03:23:36 PM »
I am sure useful supplies will be appreciated but hope a drop in demand over the next 10 days or so won't necessitate more ventilators.

Hopefully Italy and the rest of Europe's curve dramatically decreases soon to the point you won't need help. If Europe doesn't need supplies, I'm sure Africa and South America will use them. They are behind the rest of the world but they will soon have to deal with their own outbreaks.

Nations still need to partner up to create enough test kits for everybody in the world. Another task is to create an accurate test. No test kit in the world is 100% accurate. China has the production means but many of their tests are unreliable.
Fund the audits, spread the word and educate people, write your politicians and other elected officials. Stay active in the fight to save our country. Over 220 generals and admirals say we are in a fight for our survival like no other time since 1776.

Offline Gator

« Reply #352 on: March 30, 2020, 03:29:14 PM »
I am sure useful supplies will be appreciated but hope a drop in demand over the next 10 days or so won't necessitate more ventilators.

Let's hope so.  I imagine this winter we may have photos of surplus ventilators lined up like surplus bombers in boneyards after WWII.  WARTIME SPENDING!!!!

Offline calmissile

• Trips: 4 - 10
« Reply #353 on: March 30, 2020, 04:25:02 PM »
Don't know about the rest of the country, but the weather in So Cal is beautiful today.  75 deg F.  It's days like this during the shutdown that I can take advantage of it and get some long overdue projects done.  The streets are mostly empty and even in the neighborhood there are very few people out walking which is unusual.  Seems like most people in the area are respecting the quarantine in place orders.
 We will overcome this epidemic.
Doug (Calmissile)

Offline fathertime

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
« Reply #354 on: March 30, 2020, 08:27:42 PM »
NO WAY!!!

Trump is terrible and wants everyone to die!!
Especially the poor and minorities!!
What can be said is that Trump doesn't want everybody to vote!

Trump says Democrats' push for expanded voting threatens Republicans

....Trump said that Democrat-proposed voting reforms to the $2.2 trillion rescue package passed last week by Congress — which were largely cut from the deal — would have led to “levels of voting, that if you ever agreed to it you’d never have a Republican elected in this country again.”

Democrats have pushed to mandate that states make plans to expand early voting and mail-in balloting for the fall election, in the event that the coronavirus pandemic makes in-person voting unsafe.....

http://news.yahoo.com/trump-says-democrats-push-for-expanded-voting-threatens-republicans-172601374.html 

Fathertime! 
I just happened to be browsing about the internet....

Offline fathertime

« Reply #355 on: March 30, 2020, 08:35:57 PM »
Don't know about the rest of the country, but the weather in So Cal is beautiful today.  75 deg F.  It's days like this during the shutdown that I can take advantage of it and get some long overdue projects done.  The streets are mostly empty and even in the neighborhood there are very few people out walking which is unusual.  Seems like most people in the area are respecting the quarantine in place orders.
 We will overcome this epidemic.
Today I thought there were less people out and about.  Another guy I spoke with today said he thought there was more.   The freeway was smooth sailing not much different than last week.  I had two hot younger ladies come into my shop drinking Budweiser beer while driving on the road, and ready to 'party it up' with me if I had any interest. That's what I get for not wearing my stupid mask today.   

Fathertime! 

F

Fathertime! 

Offline GQBlues

• Trips: None (yet)
« Reply #356 on: March 31, 2020, 08:06:16 AM »
Hopefully Italy and the rest of Europe's curve dramatically decreases soon to the point you won't need help. ...

Yeppers. I sure hope it really does slow to a stop in Italy. It's been ridiculous how it got hit so hard. Spain, too. The sad part in all of these is those who perished are looked upon as statistical dots despite every single one of those who died do have grieving family and friends - including those who spent the time treating and trying to save their lives.

Speaking of virus and dying, I don't know...I still have a difficult time wrapping my head around this comparison table. Exactly 'why' this current *pandemic* is creating this much attention and disturbance.

COVID-19 US STATISTICS

2018-2019 US INFLUENZA STATISTICS

What am I missing here? Even if you project comparable number of months for COVID-19, it would still fall short to the Influenza's toll in comparison.
Quote from: msmob
1. Because of 'man', global warming is causing desert and arid areas to suffer long, dry spell.
2. The 2018 Camp Fire and Woolsey California wildfires are forests burning because of global warming.
3. N95 mask will choke you dead after 30 min. of use.

Offline GQBlues

« Reply #357 on: March 31, 2020, 08:12:40 AM »
What can be said is that Trump doesn't want everybody to vote!

Trump says Democrats' push for expanded voting threatens Republicans

....Trump said that Democrat-proposed voting reforms to the $2.2 trillion rescue package passed last week by Congress — which were largely cut from the deal — would have led to “levels of voting, that if you ever agreed to it you’d never have a Republican elected in this country again.”

Democrats have pushed to mandate that states make plans to expand early voting and mail-in balloting for the fall election, in the event that the coronavirus pandemic makes in-person voting unsafe.....

http://news.yahoo.com/trump-says-democrats-push-for-expanded-voting-threatens-republicans-172601374.html 

Fathertime!

Dude!

Do me a freaking favor and post your silly political BS in quasi-Brexit II/msmob trenchcoat dialogue thread please..

Or if you feel lacking and out of place for ruining that thread, then post your pro-China BS in this thread.

If all else fails, learn f@#king mandarin, and start freely posting your thoughts in some CCP chat sites, man.

Why do you feel so compelled to trot your stupid anti-US thoughts everywhere? Do you not get enough attention at home?
1. Because of 'man', global warming is causing desert and arid areas to suffer long, dry spell.
2. The 2018 Camp Fire and Woolsey California wildfires are forests burning because of global warming.

Offline msmob

« Reply #358 on: March 31, 2020, 08:44:23 AM »

Do me a freaking favor and post your silly political BS ..

Why do you feel so compelled to trot your stupid anti-US thoughts everywhere? Do you not get enough attention at home?

As opposed to 'someone' getting busted by a fellow US citizen .. when asked " where did I post anything that was untrue"? ...and all that 'someone' could respond was " wait until November", some 'riposte' ..

Wow, someone's suffering from a severe case of 'hypocrisitis'..

« Last Edit: March 31, 2020, 08:57:55 AM by msmob »

Offline BC

« Reply #359 on: March 31, 2020, 08:49:19 AM »
What am I missing here? Even if you project comparable number of months for COVID-19, it would still fall short to the Influenza's toll in comparison.

GQ,

Is a good question.  The answer is pretty simple though - the unknown.  We don't know much about this virus at all vs decades of experience with influenza for which we have vaccines (albeit not perfect) and meds that help. We also know it is seasonal. Our healthcare systems are set up to handle the aftermath of the flu.  We obviously do not have the capacities to handle this new virus.

Also, note that most of the population does not get it and signs are (HK) that it may easily come back for more, and more, and more. We don't know if it will be a seasonal thing. We don't really know yet how long immunity lasts.  Although the virus seems pretty stable, we don't know if it might morph, making future vaccines useless or if it can become even more dangerous.

Left to run on its own, it could easily slam dunk influenza all year long.

Online 2tallbill

• Living the dream
« Reply #360 on: March 31, 2020, 09:24:33 AM »
What can be said is that Trump doesn't want illegals, dead people
or people to vote more than once!
Fathertime!

I fixed that for you
FSUW are not for entry level daters
FSUW don't do vague
FSUW like a man of action. Be a man of action 
If you find a promising girl, get your butt on a plane.
There are a hundred ways to be successful and a thousand ways to f#ck it up
Just kiss the girl, don't ask her first. Tolerate NO excuses!

Offline GQBlues

« Reply #361 on: March 31, 2020, 10:01:40 AM »
GQ,

Is a good question.  The answer is pretty simple though - the unknown.  We don't know much about this virus at all vs decades of experience with influenza for which we have vaccines (albeit not perfect) and meds that help. We also know it is seasonal. Our healthcare systems are set up to handle the aftermath of the flu.  We obviously do not have the capacities to handle this new virus.

Also, note that most of the population does not get it and signs are (HK) that it may easily come back for more, and more, and more. We don't know if it will be a seasonal thing. We don't really know yet how long immunity lasts.  Although the virus seems pretty stable, we don't know if it might morph, making future vaccines useless or if it can become even more dangerous.

Left to run on its own, it could easily slam dunk influenza all year long.

BC-

I can understand the part of this novel virus as such, and very likely the 'influenza infection cases' are consistent today as they've always had been, thus making the COVID-19 cases we see today as adding to the burden in our healthcare facilities. This is causing the additional angst, additional equipment needs, etc...justifying the additional 'attention' and effort.

I will just take the US case for the sake of discussion. We have so far 3,100 deaths. This is spread out over a month. 100 deaths/day. At the same token, in the same time span, deaths by accidents, crimes, etc..had also decreased - so why again the reaction just doesn't seem to fit what is really more or less 'normal'?

As of today, over a million testing resulted in 165,000 positive cases. Of this number to date, 3,100 have died. That's less than 2% dead from the 'known' active cases, or 37,200 deaths/yr. Per capita would be relatively miniscule.

Auto accidents, on a yearly average, causes 38,000 deaths in the US. Yet, we don't freeze our highways and roads, much less the entire economy, to curb auto accidents. Heck, I don't remember witnessing the type of reaction we have today when HIV/AIDS first came to light back in the '80s either.

Anyway, I'm just perplexed as to the seeming lost of perspective. Not saying this isn't serious and should be taken for granted. I'm just saying the reaction to me doesn't seem to 'fit' the usual atypical (I know, redundant) novel pandemics.

Offline BillyB

« Reply #362 on: March 31, 2020, 10:46:17 AM »

COVID-19 US STATISTICS

2018-2019 US INFLUENZA STATISTICS

It's easy GQ. Everybody in the world experienced influenza multiple times in their lives. Only 780,000 confirmed people experience COVID-19 and out of a world population that's 1 out of every 10,000 people or .0001% of the population of the world. While 100% of the people in the world experiences influenza, it doesn't fill up our hospitals but .0001% experiencing COVID-19 will start to overwhelm hospitals. Multiply the problems you see now by 10,000 by giving everybody a taste of COVID-19, it's easy to see what will happen.
Fund the audits, spread the word and educate people, write your politicians and other elected officials. Stay active in the fight to save our country. Over 220 generals and admirals say we are in a fight for our survival like no other time since 1776.

Offline msmob

« Reply #363 on: March 31, 2020, 10:51:01 AM »

It's easy GQ. Everybody in the world experienced influenza multiple times in their lives. Only 780,000 confirmed people experience COVID-19 and out of a world population that's 1 out of every 10,000 people or .0001% of the population of the world. While 100% of the people in the world experiences influenza, it doesn't fill up our hospitals but .0001% experiencing COVID-19 will start to overwhelm hospitals. Multiply the problems you see now by 10,000 by giving everybody a taste of COVID-19, it's easy to see what will happen.

BillyB

If you think only 780k have had this virus you just proved you've not been paying attention

Tests in many countries simply aren't implemented - in the UK - the numbers MAY be up to 10 times those 'reported' ... the govt has said this

Offline GQBlues

« Reply #364 on: March 31, 2020, 10:55:09 AM »

BillyB, yes...part of what I said upthread is the hospitalization rate for influenza is constant every year (more or less), we can almost anticipate its seasonal barrage - so anything COVID-19 causes today will simply be 'an additional' burden to current hospitalization demand.

But the point I was trying to make (and likely not doing a good job of it) is, this (COVID-19) 'rate' of hospitalization presently is still relatively much lower to be demanding this much chaos and reaction. Especially since the 'model' we see today is (as in the case of NY), only 15%+/- of hospitalization occurs for the active cases we know today. Big numbers yes, but remember the decreasing numbers of ICU/hospitalization caused by other mishap as a result of this crisis e.g. crimes, accidents, etc...is also freeing up and decreasing the hospitalization rate at the same time.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2020, 11:01:38 AM by GQBlues »

Offline BC

« Reply #365 on: March 31, 2020, 11:04:16 AM »
The number of deaths in IT skyrocketed a good bit after the rise in cases.  Most of the serious ICU cases stick around for a long time.  This is why the death rate in Italy is still high even as the numbers of new infections drop.

Manufacturers work every day to make driving in cars safer and law enforcement always increases efforts to remove unsafe drivers from our roads.  In other words we are for a good part 'in control' and have ways to make driving safer.

We don't feel 'in control' of this virus, thus this 'unknown' that causes death also causes fear and a sense of helplessness.

Doing nothing (as in staying home) - which is what most of us are doing now is a very unusual 'cure' we are not used to.  The virus is controlling us instead.

As for the media, it's the biggest story in a long time.

Offline BillyB

« Reply #366 on: March 31, 2020, 11:18:49 AM »
anything COVID-19 causes today will simply be 'an additional' burden to current hospitalization demand.

For some hotspots in the world, entire hospitals needed to be built just to handle this virus and hotels needed to quarantine those who have mild symptoms. COVID-19 has been around for only a few months and it's in it's infancy. We can't let it grow up. It's already changed the way we behave. At the current pace with immediate damage to our economies without no signs of reversal, civilization will begin a decline. Hopefully we will find a vaccine or at least a treatment. To date, nothing has proven to work.

Offline fathertime

« Reply #367 on: March 31, 2020, 12:50:42 PM »
Dude!

Do me a freaking favor and post your silly political BS in quasi-Brexit II/msmob trenchcoat dialogue thread please..

Or if you feel lacking and out of place for ruining that thread, then post your pro-China BS in this thread.

If all else fails, learn f@#king mandarin, and start freely posting your thoughts in some CCP chat sites, man.

Dude!  You can't handle it then don't read it.   I was responding to another political statement.  Just because you have a bias, doesn't give you authority to selectively call out political statements from one side and not the other and think it will carry any weight with me.

Clearly you don't get enough attention, so I'll be delighted to continue to give you plenty to comment angrily about.   :D
Fathertime!   

« Last Edit: March 31, 2020, 12:53:35 PM by fathertime »

Offline fathertime

« Reply #368 on: March 31, 2020, 12:55:29 PM »
I fixed that for you

That wasn't a fix, that was changing what Trump actually did say and what poor GQ all upset.   Trump doesn't want people dead, he just doesn't want them all to vote.  The country needs their labor but not their input on who is president!   

Fathertime! 

Offline GQBlues

« Reply #369 on: March 31, 2020, 12:58:23 PM »
Dude!  You can't handle it then don't read it.   I was responding to another political statement.  Just because you have a bias, doesn't give you authority to selectively call out political statements from one side and not the other and think it will carry any weight with me.

Clearly you don't get enough attention, so I'll be delighted to continue to give you plenty to comment angrily about.   :D
Fathertime!   

Here you go!

http://www.century21global.com/for-sale-residential/China/Wuhan

Offline fathertime

« Reply #370 on: March 31, 2020, 01:02:49 PM »
Here you go!

http://www.century21global.com/for-sale-residential/China/Wuhan
Sorry you are stuck with me here in the states.  You would like to stifle effective dissent .  It is easy to stifle idiotic dissent, but the recent objection I made regarding direct comments by Trump not wanting people to vote is too egregious to argue on that topic so let the distraction begin. 

Fathertime! 
« Last Edit: March 31, 2020, 01:05:36 PM by fathertime »

Offline BC

« Reply #371 on: March 31, 2020, 01:05:53 PM »
dissent?

ahh.. I see corrected.

Offline GQBlues

« Reply #372 on: March 31, 2020, 01:22:18 PM »
I had just finished listening to California's Governor Newsom. I am encouraged that at least for the time being the nation's governors, at least most of them, are donning *American* instead of (R)/(D)/(I).

Gov. Newsom stated that obviously not all states have equal purchasing power, and unfortunately there will be instances where this pandemic wouldn't care which state have better ability to don ample resources to help combat this epidemic. That said, apparently the governors will maintain a common resource that will be fluid according to the need, and not according to the state who can afford better afford them. This will at least eliminate a bidding war against each other with states having greater purchasing power monopolizing the greater lot.

Offline Gator

« Reply #373 on: March 31, 2020, 05:25:02 PM »

Manufacturers work every day to make driving in cars safer and law enforcement always increases efforts to remove unsafe drivers from our roads.  In other words we are for a good part 'in control' and have ways to make driving safer.

Not only do we feel "in control" when driving a car,  we voluntarily accept the risk when getting behind the wheel.   We want to go from Point A to Point B.     

Doing nothing (as in staying home) - which is what most of us are doing now is a very unusual 'cure' we are not used to.

You never met my younger son.

As for the media, it's the biggest story in a long time.

Unemployed, distancing people are bored.  They are ravenous for information. 

How big was the Spanish Flu news story in 1918-1919?   Killed 40-50 million around the globe.  No TV then, little  mitigation.

The largest of them all - God Forbid - the Bubonic Plague (14thC).  Estimated to have killed 30 - 50% of Europe's population.   

Offline Gator

« Reply #374 on: March 31, 2020, 05:44:54 PM »
I had just finished listening to California's Governor Newsom. I am encouraged that at least for the time being the nation's governors, at least most of them, are donning *American* instead of (R)/(D)/(I).

I noticed such in the brief CA news shown here.   This occurs with Newsom and other Guvs because  under Federalism Governors are responsible for public health within their states.  They are executive leaders and take the reins in the need for a concerted community-county-state-national effort where politics has no place. 

I assert the states and counties will do a better job than if we had some mega Federal public health agency.   The task of coordination is not easy given the complexity of the public-private relationships. 

I would fail if I did not mention we are most dependent upon the doctors, nurses, and hospitals along the battlefront.     

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8883
Latest: Leroy14
New This Month: 1
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 541007
Total Topics: 20849
Most Online Today: 2013
Most Online Ever: 12701
(January 14, 2020, 07:04:55 AM)
Users Online
Members: 11
Guests: 1896
Total: 1907

+-Recent Posts

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Trenchcoat
Today at 12:51:13 PM

Re: What to do by Trenchcoat
Today at 12:33:48 PM

Re: If you don't know what you are talking about, post away anyway by Trenchcoat
Today at 12:24:44 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Today at 11:16:08 AM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by ML
Today at 10:31:43 AM

Re: What to do by krimster2
Today at 09:47:10 AM

What to do by 2tallbill
Today at 09:37:41 AM

Re: If you don't know what you are talking about, post away anyway by 2tallbill
Today at 09:18:17 AM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Today at 07:00:25 AM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Brillynt
Today at 06:16:36 AM