It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?  (Read 455524 times)

Offline Muzh

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
  • Trips: > 10
Re: What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
« Reply #75 on: March 19, 2014, 08:19:26 AM »

LOL. There's something seriously faulty in your logic.

Anyway, while not exactly the same but comparatively closer in context of constituency, think Puerto Rico and the US...

Egg xactly.

Except Ricans don't have the balls to tell the US fuck off!!!

Trust me, they'd be much, much better off by themselves. It sucks being a colony.  :'(
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead. Thomas Paine - The American Crisis 1776-1783

Offline Muzh

« Reply #76 on: March 19, 2014, 08:25:47 AM »
What makes you think that the US would EVER consider coming to Australia's defense?

DUH, because they speak English, sort of.

And they have a ton of blond and blue eyed people.

What's the matter with you? Dense?  ;D
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead. Thomas Paine - The American Crisis 1776-1783

Offline Muzh

« Reply #77 on: March 19, 2014, 08:27:22 AM »

Interesting questions SX,

I would say it isn't a fair comparison at all, if the point is why protect Australia and not Ukraine. 

Without a doubt, even if ANZUS wasn't in place, if  Australia was suddenly attacked/invaded by a country like India, I'd be all for doing something in a hurry and I believe most Americans would feel the same way. 

See?

Offline jone

• Spouse's Country: Russia
« Reply #78 on: March 19, 2014, 08:28:13 AM »

DUH, because they speak English, sort of.

And they have a ton of blond and blue eyed people.

What's the matter with you? Dense?  ;D

That's me!
Kissing girls is a goodness.  It beats the hell out of card games.  - Robert Heinlein

Offline Muzh

« Reply #79 on: March 19, 2014, 08:29:48 AM »
If anyone still harbors doubts of the wisdom and morality of fathertime's de facto but very philosophical  appeasement consider the following:

In it the speakers predict World War III breaking out in the Middle East and Asia (not in Ukraine or Russia).

I wish you would post some coherent and rational discourse.

Unless that was meant as a joke, of course.

Offline Muzh

« Reply #80 on: March 19, 2014, 08:30:28 AM »

That's me!

Went well with my coffee.  ;)

Offline Muzh

« Reply #81 on: March 19, 2014, 08:32:58 AM »

Not quite nobody. I am.

Each day I hope someone will kill Putin. LT won't even try. But thats what I hope. My wife and "everyone" in her city is in agreement. One man causes problems for all.

Funny you say that. Many in Ukraine say that one bullet in Crimea will start WWIII. And one bullet in Moscow will bring peace.

Offline GQBlues

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: None (yet)
« Reply #82 on: March 19, 2014, 09:44:43 AM »

Egg xactly.

Except Ricans don't have the balls to tell the US fuck off!!!

Trust me, they'd be much, much better off by themselves. It sucks being a colony.  :'(

I've always wondered about this, Muzh. Why is that? They have their own robust economy. Why do they keep rejecting being independent of the US and become an independent nation instead of being the 51st?

They have an opportunity Hawaii(ans) would love to get.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2014, 10:14:03 AM by GQBlues »
Quote from: msmob
1. Because of 'man', global warming is causing desert and arid areas to suffer long, dry spell.
2. The 2018 Camp Fire and Woolsey California wildfires are forests burning because of global warming.
3. N95 mask will choke you dead after 30 min. of use.

Offline GQBlues

« Reply #83 on: March 19, 2014, 09:56:02 AM »
...In it the speakers predict World War III breaking out in the Middle East and Asia (not in Ukraine or Russia).

I didn't watch the video but I would hedge a bet the speaker is a devout christian likely citing a page out of the bible where two major similar race banding together to fight the final battle against a force of a different race on the eve of Armageddon.

From the logical side:

Ukraine ought to be glad they just lost almost 1 million citizen and a swat of geography from their social dole chest, no? That European 15 billion loan should go a bit further now.

Have the ethnic Russians living elsewhere trade homes with ethnic Ukrainians living inside Crimea. Just like the time leading up to the break-up of the USSR.

Vladimir isn't messing around. He already drew the new Russian map which includes Crimea.
1. Because of 'man', global warming is causing desert and arid areas to suffer long, dry spell.
2. The 2018 Camp Fire and Woolsey California wildfires are forests burning because of global warming.

lordtiberius

« Reply #84 on: March 19, 2014, 10:08:39 AM »
I will give you a quote from what you said. Maybe I misunderstood? There is no need for me to convince my wife of anything.

It was a misunderstanding.  It doesn't apply to you.  My wife is Ukrainian too.  And yes, her family is Bila Tserkov.  Probably to time to have an evacuation plan in place.  I know a guy in Lviv.  PM for details. 

I didn't watch the video but . . .

End of discussion.  Have a nice day.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2014, 10:11:38 AM by lordtiberius »

Offline Muzh

« Reply #85 on: March 19, 2014, 10:17:19 AM »
I've always wondered about this, Muzh. Why is that? They have their own robust economy. Why do they keep rejecting being independent of the US and be an independent nation?

Robust economy?

BWA HA HA HA HA

Right now they have Junk Bond status and are a pile of shit below Detroit. Now, that's a lot of shit.

PR is at the mercy of the Jones Act (1920? I'll check) which means that any type of trade into the island has to be in ships MADE in the USA. Same for trade OUT. IF they are lucky to trade anything out that is not from a US mutlinational exploiting over-educated cheap labor. For example, an engineer with a pharma will start at $25K. No lie when I tell you that my stepmom's brother was on a waiting list for two years for him to get a residency gig with a hospital. The asshole didn't want to move to the US.

Not to mention that this Jones Act was designed to eliminate competition of agricultural products from the island. Think about this. They grow coffee which HAS to be processed in the US and then if they want to buy their own grown coffee, they have to buy it from the US. Nice.

PR could be competing for coffee, sugar cane, citrus and other tropical fruits like pinapple, bananas, etc. BUT, no representation in Congress has eliminated any competition. After all California, Florida, Hawaii and other assorted states who produce some of these products would be adversely affected by PR stuff.

It goes way deeper than this.

New York Times Puerto Rico Exodus

Offline Muzh

« Reply #86 on: March 19, 2014, 10:21:17 AM »
I didn't watch the video but I would hedge a bet the speaker is a devout christian likely citing a page out of the bible where two major similar race banding together to fight the final battle against a force of a different race on the eve of Armageddon.

LMFAO

Is there any other type of Armageddon? Mr. LT might disappear in a wisp of smoke.  ;)

From the logical side:

Ukraine ought to be glad they just lost almost 1 million citizen and a swat of geography from their social dole chest, no? That European 15 billion loan should go a bit further now.

Have the ethnic Russians living elsewhere trade homes with ethnic Ukrainians living inside Crimea. Just like the time leading up to the break-up of the USSR.

Vladimir isn't messing around. He already drew the new Russian map which includes Crimea.

Absolutely. I'll even help them pack.  ;D

Offline jone

• Spouse's Country: Russia
« Reply #87 on: March 19, 2014, 10:22:54 AM »
Talk about not drinking the Kool-Aid.  What was the vote for independence last time?  5% for?  Almost like the 4% who voted for the Russian party in the last Crimean election?

They just need a leader to come into their country and set them on the road to Che Guerva.  Me thinks you have time on your hands coming up.  Muzh Guerva?  Che Muzh?
Kissing girls is a goodness.  It beats the hell out of card games.  - Robert Heinlein

Offline Muzh

« Reply #88 on: March 19, 2014, 10:31:19 AM »
Talk about not drinking the Kool-Aid.  What was the vote for independence last time?  5% for?  Almost like the 4% who voted for the Russian party in the last Crimean election?

They just need a leader to come into their country and set them on the road to Che Guerva.  Me thinks you have time on your hands coming up.  Muzh Guerva?  Che Muzh?

Jone, I think you missed the qualifier I mentioned above.

Here it is again:

NO BALLS

There is nothing more infuriating than going to the island and hear these idiots claim how unique is to be Puertoricans and dance salsa. That the gringos will never understand what is to be Puertoricans blah, blah, blah. My face immediately turns red. This is when my wife pulls me away and douse my head with very cold water.

Reason #1 for them to maintain the colonial status quo: PR olympic team.
Reason #2 for them to maintain the colonial status quo: Compete in Miss Universe

GAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!

Offline GQBlues

« Reply #89 on: March 19, 2014, 10:44:24 AM »

Robust economy?

BWA HA HA HA HA...

Maybe in another place and time. But most of what you relayed is actually the very same reason why I, like you, believe they'd be better off being an independent nation and be removed from any US regulations. I haven't been to PR but if it's anything like what Hawaii is capable of doing on its own (tourism & agricultural), is more than capable to be independent.

The transitional period would be a major pain in the booty, but...

Offline GQBlues

« Reply #90 on: March 19, 2014, 10:48:15 AM »
...End of discussion.  Have a nice day.

LOL. I assure you it wasn't an attempt to have a discussion you. Especially not from the basis of a political rant from a commercial talking head.

I rather enjoy witnessing all the recent dramatic & emotional rantings from the lot. LOL. It's freakin' comical!
« Last Edit: March 19, 2014, 10:52:41 AM by GQBlues »

Offline vigneshvalluvan

« Reply #91 on: March 19, 2014, 10:48:52 AM »
well the only thing that can result from US-Russia war is that what happened to Britain and France after world war-2
, while US and Russia replaced Britain and France as the Super Powers after WW-2, now China & India might possibly
replace US and Russia as World Powers
                                                                 well anyway as an Indian we are not implementing the sanctions imposed by US on Russia , as always the case is ,we are still neutral , its time for America to stop acting like the Big Brother

God forbid any war , the common man is the one who is going to suffer 

lordtiberius

« Reply #92 on: March 19, 2014, 10:58:18 AM »

LOL. I assure you it wasn't an attempt to have a discussion you. Especially not from the basis of a political rant from a commercial talking head.

I rather enjoy witnessing all the recent dramatic & emotional rantings from the lot. LOL. It's freakin' comical!

You routinely insult people who disagree with you and you maintain this moral superiority.

Offline Muzh

« Reply #93 on: March 19, 2014, 10:59:02 AM »
well the only thing that can result from US-Russia war is that what happened to Britain and France after world war-2
, while US and Russia replaced Britain and France as the Super Powers after WW-2, now China & India might possibly
replace US and Russia as World Powers
                                                                 well anyway as an Indian we are not implementing the sanctions imposed by US on Russia , as always the case is ,we are still neutral , its time for America to stop acting like the Big Brother

God forbid any war , the common man is the one who is going to suffer

Heh, India shows the same neutrality as Belarus. The very cautious and suspicious one.

Offline vigneshvalluvan

« Reply #94 on: March 19, 2014, 11:23:44 AM »
well my friend , Non-Violence was the weapon with which my country's freedom fighters won Independence from Britain , it runs in the blood of every single true Indian
                                                                       Belarus and India ,how can you compare the two ,when  the factors for the decision to remain neutral is completely different , for instance ,look geographically ,Belarus is bound to be affected if trade ties are cut-off with Russia , while India the 4th largest economy of the world is affected the least bcoz we have good trade ties with countries all over the globe
                                                                        well don't take it negatively , Russia and India have always had good ties for many many years ,Russia and India will always be friends ,  you know most people living in north India are orginaly from Russia ,believe its a fact

Offline GQBlues

« Reply #95 on: March 19, 2014, 11:27:24 AM »
Welcome to a nuance called 'Sarcasm', vig.  ;D

Incidentally, Ukraine and Russia used to also be *friends* and look what happened.

lordtiberius

« Reply #96 on: March 19, 2014, 11:44:29 AM »
Welcome to a nuance called 'Sarcasm', vig.  ;D

Incidentally, Ukraine and Russia used to also be *friends* and look what happened.

Call it what you want but it is beneath the dignity of the forum.  The moderators encourage us to moderate ourselves.  You would be wise to do.  Some ideas and people are worthy of ridicule especially if the malefactor has committed some crime, immoral act or encouraged others to do so.  Where have I done this?  I just have a different perspective from you.  I can't say what you have done or continue to do is classy.  I would just ask you nicely that unless you can rightly accuse me of a crime or immoral act, that you cease the ridicule.  If you cannot do that, then I suggest you stop addressing me entirely.  Thank you.

in others news, Mendy's explanation of Putin's weak support at home
http://russianreport.wordpress.com/2014/03/18/putins-popularity-soars-at-home/

Offline vigneshvalluvan

« Reply #97 on: March 19, 2014, 11:49:08 AM »
well my dear friends ,i am not here to degrade anyone, i am making the stand of my country clear ,i believe in a healthy debate everyone must be heard ,we still support Russia , US , Ukraine and will always be so,  my point is there should be no war between US and Russia as per the title of this topic  , eye for an eye will only make us blind, think about the catastrophic effects it will have on the people on both the sides , why should millions of people suffer for the ego battle between Obama & Putin , that is all my point

Offline Muzh

« Reply #98 on: March 19, 2014, 11:49:24 AM »

Edit: Not directed at you Vig.

Offline BillyB

« Reply #99 on: March 19, 2014, 11:58:21 AM »
why should millions of people suffer for the ego battle between Obama & Putin , that is all my point

Most people's goals is the same as yours, to save people's lives. That is why some of us think Obama should take a harder stance at stopping Putin now before things escalate beyond anybody's control with the cost of more lives.

Not everybody can be successful like Ghandi. Not every situation can be solved peacefully. I have great respect for Ghandi but I don't think if Obama and America starves themselves peacefully as a way to protest Putin's actions, he will feel sorry for us and change his ways.
Fund the audits, spread the word and educate people, write your politicians and other elected officials. Stay active in the fight to save our country. Over 220 generals and admirals say we are in a fight for our survival like no other time since 1776.

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8883
Latest: Eugeneecott
New This Month: 0
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 541543
Total Topics: 20868
Most Online Today: 1201
Most Online Ever: 12701