It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?  (Read 455303 times)

Offline fathertime

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: > 10
Re: What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
« Reply #2025 on: March 12, 2015, 08:51:32 PM »
The financial war which we seem to engage in seems to not be going perfectly.  I just read that Great Britain is attempting to join the Asian Infrastructure bank, to the USA's dismay.  China is spearheading this bank which is in response to what has felt has been unfair treatment from the IMF, based in Washington. 
China is making moves everywhere right now...and gaining supporters.

[size=78%]http://news.yahoo.com/britain-seeks-join-china-backed-infrastructure-bank-230740254.html[/size]

Fathertime!   

I just happened to be browsing about the internet....

Offline fathertime

« Reply #2026 on: March 17, 2015, 10:06:03 PM »
The financial war which we seem to engage in seems to not be going perfectly.  I just read that Great Britain is attempting to join the Asian Infrastructure bank, to the USA's dismay.  China is spearheading this bank which is in response to what has felt has been unfair treatment from the IMF, based in Washington. 

[size=78%]http://news.yahoo.com/britain-seeks-join-china-backed-infrastructure-bank-230740254.html[/size]

To update this further...now Germany, France, Luxenbourg, and Italy are joining the Chinese infrastructure bank.  All this despite our pleas (The USA) for them to 'think twice'.   If finances are becoming a weapon in warfare, then China is winning over allies all over Europe....while we are agitating nations the world around with our boorish interference and threats.  Something is going to have to change soon.
http://www.reuters.com/article/2015/03/18/us-europe-asia-bank-idUSKBN0MD0B320150318Fathertime!
« Last Edit: March 17, 2015, 10:08:43 PM by fathertime »

lordtiberius

« Reply #2027 on: March 18, 2015, 05:34:38 AM »
Deciding not to do business with murderers is not economic warfare.  Economic warfare is disrupting and damaging the target economy after sanctions.

Offline Boethius

• Trips: No Selection
« Reply #2028 on: March 18, 2015, 05:54:26 AM »

To update this further...now Germany, France, Luxenbourg, and Italy are joining the Chinese infrastructure bank.  All this despite our pleas (The USA) for them to 'think twice'.   If finances are becoming a weapon in warfare, then China is winning over allies all over Europe....while we are agitating nations the world around with our boorish interference and threats.  Something is going to have to change soon.
http://www.reuters.com/article/2015/03/18/us-europe-asia-bank-idUSKBN0MD0B320150318Fathertime!

From the link -

It's not an accident that emerging economies are looking at other places because they are frustrated that, frankly, the United States has stalled a very mild and reasonable set of reforms in the IMF," Lew said.  Some Republicans have complained the changes would cost too much at a time Washington is running big budget deficits. The reforms have also ran afoul of a growing isolationist trend among the party's influential Tea Party wing.

It appears Congress has shot itself in the foot again.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2015, 03:53:07 PM by Boethius »
After the fall of communism, the biggest mistake Boris Yeltsin's regime made was not to disband the KGB altogether. Instead it changed its name to the FSB and, to many observers, morphed into a gangster organisation, eventually headed by master criminal Vladimir Putin. - Gerard Batten

Offline Gator

• Spouse's Country: Russia
« Reply #2029 on: March 18, 2015, 03:39:13 PM »

To update this further...now Germany, France, Luxenbourg, and Italy are joining the Chinese infrastructure bank.

You are an investor.  If you believe this will have a serious impact, short the American dollar, sell your American stock holdings, and buy BABA (Alibaba) and Chinese ETFs. 

Offline fathertime

« Reply #2030 on: March 18, 2015, 05:05:06 PM »
You are an investor.  If you believe this will have a serious impact, short the American dollar, sell your American stock holdings, and buy BABA (Alibaba) and Chinese ETFs.

I'm fully invested in the USA...if it goes down, so do I.   Shorting the dollar would probably be a good move though...it has been hitting fresh highwater almost daily (Up until the Fed's wording today).   

Things like the Chinese infrastructure bank and our allies joining it against our will are demonstrating that the USA will probably be losing a lot of it's worldwide sway.  The nice growth we have had over the past 30 years is not likely to continue...IMO....although very modest growth isn't the end of the world, and is to be expected in a mature economy.  It would be a boon for me if we had another period of rapid growth, but I don't see it happening right now.   

Fathertime! 

lordtiberius

« Reply #2031 on: March 18, 2015, 08:01:41 PM »

From the link -

It appears Congress has shot itself in the foot again.

I would caution anyone ascribing truth to anything said by these bipartisan wimps in DC.

The US Economy is stalled because Consumer Confidence is in the toilet.  If you want Reagan-Clinton job growth, repeal D-F, SOX, lay off government workers, pay off the debt, replace the income tax with sales tax & audit the Fed.  Its not that hard, if you have the will.

Online Faux Pas

« Reply #2032 on: March 18, 2015, 10:11:04 PM »

I'm fully invested in the USA...if it goes down, so do I.   Shorting the dollar would probably be a good move though...it has been hitting fresh highwater almost daily (Up until the Fed's wording today).   

Things like the Chinese infrastructure bank and our allies joining it against our will are demonstrating that the USA will probably be losing a lot of it's worldwide sway.
  The nice growth we have had over the past 30 years is not likely to continue...IMO....although very modest growth isn't the end of the world, and is to be expected in a mature economy.  It would be a boon for me if we had another period of rapid growth, but I don't see it happening right now.   

Fathertime!

When the Dollar dies, try buying your bread and eggs with some Chinese yen  :rolleyes:

Offline The Natural

• Trips: 4 - 10
« Reply #2033 on: March 19, 2015, 07:02:35 AM »

Here's Paul Craig Roberts comments on this issue:

"Washington’s EU vassals might be finding their backbone. Britain, Germany, France, and Italy are reported to have defied Washington’s orders and applied to join the Chinese-led Asian Investment Bank. Australia, Japan, South Korea, Switzerland and Luxembourg might also join.

Washington uses its development banks such as the Asian Development Bank, the World Bank, along with the IMF, in order to exercise financial and political hegemony. These banks are crucial elements of American economic and political imperialism.

The Chinese-led bank will, of course, be much more effective. The Chinese will use the bank to actually help countries and thereby make friends and grow trust, whereas Washington uses its banks for domination by force.

This new bank, together with the BRICS Bank, will provide countries with escape routes from Washington’s domination.

The Evil Empire is beginning to crack. It will crack more as the Russian-Chinese alliance unfolds its potentials and when European capitals understand that hegemonic Washington has put their existence at risk in order to try to prevent Russia’s rise. The crazed American and British neocon nazis, and their dupes among the populations, comprise the greatest human threat that the world has ever known. The sooner the Evil Empire collapses, the safer the world will be."

Offline fathertime

« Reply #2034 on: March 19, 2015, 08:38:14 AM »
When the Dollar dies, try buying your bread and eggs with some Chinese yen  :rolleyes:
Well if indeed the dollar dies like you predict then the problems stemming from it would be very bad for me...but I'm not entirely convinced that is inevitable...but it's dominance is under attack...

Fathertime!

Offline fathertime

« Reply #2035 on: March 19, 2015, 08:42:03 AM »
Here's Paul Craig Roberts comments on this issue:

"Washington’s EU vassals might be finding their backbone. Britain, Germany, France, and Italy are reported to have defied Washington’s orders and applied to join the Chinese-led Asian Investment Bank. Australia, Japan, South Korea, Switzerland and Luxembourg might also join.

Washington uses its development banks such as the Asian Development Bank, the World Bank, along with the IMF, in order to exercise financial and political hegemony. These banks are crucial elements of American economic and political imperialism.

The Chinese-led bank will, of course, be much more effective. The Chinese will use the bank to actually help countries and thereby make friends and grow trust, whereas Washington uses its banks for domination by force.

This new bank, together with the BRICS Bank, will provide countries with escape routes from Washington’s domination.

The Evil Empire is beginning to crack. It will crack more as the Russian-Chinese alliance unfolds its potentials and when European capitals understand that hegemonic Washington has put their existence at risk in order to try to prevent Russia’s rise. The crazed American and British neocon nazis, and their dupes among the populations, comprise the greatest human threat that the world has ever known. The sooner the Evil Empire collapses, the safer the world will be."

Apparently this perspective is a lot more common then the everyday American realizes. 

Fathertime!

Online Faux Pas

« Reply #2036 on: March 19, 2015, 09:14:57 AM »
Well if indeed the dollar dies like you predict then the problems stemming from it would be very bad for me...but I'm not entirely convinced that is inevitable...but it's dominance is under attack...

Fathertime!

It's smoke and mirrors not dominance. When Wall St folds the world financial markets will fold.

Offline Boethius

« Reply #2037 on: March 19, 2015, 09:27:49 AM »
I usually can't access the WSJ for free, but this book review is available.  It is fascinating, and I'll likely read the book.  It came on my radar after a Canadian paper interviewed the author on his speculation that Alberta would cede from Canada -
http://www.wsj.com/articles/book-review-the-accidental-superpower-by-peter-zeihan-1417653112
After the fall of communism, the biggest mistake Boris Yeltsin's regime made was not to disband the KGB altogether. Instead it changed its name to the FSB and, to many observers, morphed into a gangster organisation, eventually headed by master criminal Vladimir Putin. - Gerard Batten

Offline mendeleyev

• RWD Advisor
  • Trips: Resident
« Reply #2038 on: March 19, 2015, 10:10:44 AM »
Neville, the guy is a crackpot alright. But I almost burst out laughing at this:

It will crack more as the Russian-Chinese alliance unfolds

What part of that alliance is the permanent stationing of some 30% of Russia's forces along the border to protect against Chinese incursions?

Is Russia's famed "Railway Troop," designed in part to protect Russia's rail system from Chinese sabotage, a part of that alliance?

Keep reading those comics. They may not be very enlightening, but I needed a good laugh today!
« Last Edit: March 19, 2015, 10:15:06 AM by mendeleyev »
The Mendeleyev Journal. http://mendeleyevjournal.com Member: Congress of Russian Journalists; ЖУРНАЛИСТЫ.RU (Journalist-Russia); ЖУРНАЛИСТЫ.UA (Journalist-Ukraine); ЖУРНАЛИСТЫ.KZ (Journalist-Kazakhstan); ПОРТАЛ ЖУРНАЛИСТОВ (Portal of RU-UA Journalists); Просто Журналисты ("Just Journalists").

Offline fathertime

« Reply #2039 on: March 19, 2015, 10:20:48 AM »
Neville, the guy is a crackpot alright. But I almost burst out laughing at this:

What part of that alliance is the permanent stationing of some 30% of Russia's forces along the border to protect against Chinese incursions?

Is Russia's famed "Railway Troop," designed in part to protect Russia's rail system from Chinese sabotage, a part of that alliance?

Keep reading those comics. They may not be very enlightening, but I needed a good laugh today!

I thought I was Neville?  If so then you should be addressing the poster who posted the link, as it wasn't me.

Fathertime!

Offline The Natural

• Trips: 4 - 10
« Reply #2040 on: March 19, 2015, 01:01:03 PM »
I thought I was Neville?  If so then you should be addressing the poster who posted the link, as it wasn't me.

Fathertime!

Haha, you AND Paul Craig Roberts are both Neville. Actually, under normal conditions you should be proud to be compared to PCR, unfortunately Mr. boots-on-the-ground isn't normal. Yeah, like I would take his Word over the brilliant PCR's, haha. Propaganda workers like that don't Reach him up to his little toe, even...... but they can be used for a good sarcastic laugh....

Offline jone

« Reply #2041 on: March 19, 2015, 01:11:22 PM »
Natural,

There are people like PCR, who doesn't get out of the country, and then there are those who actually live in the areas affected.  Mr. Roberts was born in 1939.  At the start of WWII.  His claim to the Reagan administration has been disavowed by most of the participants at one time or another.  Their typical take on him is that he's a cuckoo bird. 

You can take PCR and live by his Gospel.  But, for me, I'll stick with guys with feet on the ground. 

Keep 'em coming, Mendy.
Kissing girls is a goodness.  It beats the hell out of card games.  - Robert Heinlein

Offline Anotherkiwi

• Trips: 1 - 3
« Reply #2042 on: March 20, 2015, 04:20:53 AM »

Is that related to the Mexican peseta?  Or the Russian hryvnia?  :cluebat:

Online Faux Pas

« Reply #2043 on: March 20, 2015, 06:36:57 AM »

WTH are you yapping about now? Yuan make you happy? So you're a spelling Nazi now? FYI Yuan is often referred to as yen in civilized countries. Oh but that's right, you don't live in one.

Offline SANDRO43

• Trips: None (yet)
« Reply #2044 on: March 20, 2015, 08:51:32 AM »
FYI Yuan is often referred to as yen in civilized countries.
I must live in an uncivilised country too, here Yen is considered Japan's currency, while Yuan is the basic unit of the renminbi,the official currency of the People's Republic of China.

1,000 yen

100 Yuan
Milan's "Duomo"

Online Faux Pas

« Reply #2045 on: March 20, 2015, 09:00:16 AM »
I must live in an uncivilised country too, here Yen is considered Japan's currency, while Yuan is the basic unit of the renminbi,the official currency of the People's Republic of China.

1,000 yen

100 Yuan

I stand corrected. Of course that doesn't move the Eyetalians into the civilized world but I digress  :D

Offline fathertime

« Reply #2046 on: March 20, 2015, 09:00:40 AM »
So the guy made a minor error. .no reason to try and clobber him over the head....people get his point.

Fathertime!

lordtiberius

« Reply #2047 on: March 20, 2015, 09:23:28 AM »
Hi Kettle!

Offline fathertime

« Reply #2048 on: March 20, 2015, 11:40:54 AM »
Hi Kettle!
Hi!
I'm sorry for being mean to you all the time but you deserve it!!  :D
Fathertime!

Offline Muzh

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
« Reply #2049 on: March 20, 2015, 01:08:16 PM »

Psst! It is Peso. The Peseta was the currency in Spain before the Euro.
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead. Thomas Paine - The American Crisis 1776-1783

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8884
Latest: Eugeneecott
New This Month: 0
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 541541
Total Topics: 20868
Most Online Today: 2689
Most Online Ever: 12701