It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: Hi.. Want to know more abot atitudes to british men  (Read 6816 times)

Offline LinaKillaqueen

• Commercial Member
  • We should all stay sexy!
  • Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: 4 - 10
Hi.. Want to know more abot atitudes to british men
« on: September 25, 2014, 05:32:51 AM »
Hi all , i'm new, My name's Lina, i live in the UK now with my British boyfriend of 9 months, my friends in Russia don't think he is good enough for me, he is a lawyer good ok money, kind to me caring, but can be quiet. i don't see nothing wrong , but they say his attitude.
what everyone think something bad about British guys or you like them? friends have upset me so much with comments about British men i have cried.

oh and please see where i work in the UK some very sexy clothes and lingerie to keep us all very sexy and its fun for us and our men. I'm proud to work at that job. best sexiest in the UK
http://Http://killaqueen.co.uk

Offline Hammer2722

• Spouse's Country: Belarus
Re: Hi.. Want to know more abot atitudes to british men
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2014, 07:23:57 AM »
Welcome to the forum Lina! Try not to make your life's decisions based on what your friends say. Some of them may be jealous. How do you feel about your man? you mentioned he is kind to you and caring and successful. So, what seems to be the problem. What do you see in your man that makes you want to find someone else?

every ship can be a minesweeper at least once...

Offline LinaKillaqueen

• Commercial Member
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2014, 09:24:28 AM »
It feels bad when most who are family or friends seem to think your relationships no good. Although its very hard i try, That's why i am still together with him. They Look for him to be like a Russian Man. But he is not he's British.
Certain things they are looking for in him, Certain characteristics they expect.

Offline CDW

• Opted-Out
  • Spouse's Country: Other Eastern Europe
  • Trips: 1 - 3
« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2014, 09:49:27 AM »
I do not know what your boyfriend is like, or what is his character, but do not pay attention too much about what your friends or family think as they might be jealous like Hammer mentioned.

By the way, nice website you have and happy selling :)
I am an X-MEN called "WOVO Man"

Offline AC

• Banned Member
« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2014, 01:40:54 PM »
It feels bad when most who are family or friends seem to think your relationships no good. Although its very hard i try, That's why i am still together with him. They Look for him to be like a Russian Man. But he is not he's British.
Certain things they are looking for in him, Certain characteristics they expect.

If he's been your boyfriend for 9 months now, it seems that you should know him better than anyone here ever could. 

What certain things, what certain characteristics, do your Russian friends expect, which he does not have?  Perhaps we can glean some information from you, in that regard. 

It sounds to me like you could tell us more about British men, since you live with one.  Furthermore most here are probably American, Canadian and a few others (New Zealand?)

Welcome to the forum anyways.  Looks like you can spice it up.   ;D
« Last Edit: September 25, 2014, 01:42:45 PM by AC »

Offline LinaKillaqueen

• Commercial Member
« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2014, 03:45:46 AM »
If he's been your boyfriend for 9 months now, it seems that you should know him better than anyone here ever could. 

What certain things, what certain characteristics, do your Russian friends expect, which he does not have?  Perhaps we can glean some information from you, in that regard. 

It sounds to me like you could tell us more about British men, since you live with one.  Furthermore most here are probably American, Canadian and a few others (New Zealand?)

He is a little shy in social circles and will not join in with the family, they don't like shy. it can't help they don't like him, he is confident at work and with me.  Yes he is with me , i'm ok with him. Thanks for your Welcome.

Offline LinaKillaqueen

• Commercial Member
« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2014, 03:48:37 AM »

He is a good guy, bt shy when he came to Russia, They said he is shy, wont join in with family and go with the men, he stay with me. They don't like shy for my husband.  he is confident with me and work. Thanks for looking my website, glad you like.

Offline LiveFromUkraine

• Spouse's Country: Russia
  • Trips: None (yet)
« Reply #7 on: September 26, 2014, 04:56:20 AM »
I'm getting a good chuckle out of you guys having a conversation with a spammer. 

Offline Shadow

• Spouse's Country: Russia
  • Trips: > 10
« Reply #8 on: September 26, 2014, 06:07:00 AM »
He is a good guy, bt shy when he came to Russia, They said he is shy, wont join in with family and go with the men, he stay with me. They don't like shy for my husband.  he is confident with me and work. Thanks for looking my website, glad you like.
Perhaps he was not confident he could communicate with the men enough when alone.
No it is not a dog. Its really how I look.  ;)

Offline BillyB

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
« Reply #9 on: September 26, 2014, 08:19:00 PM »
he is a lawyer ...can be quiet.

A lawyer who is quiet and shy? How does he get in front of a judge and jury to argue for his client if he's quiet and shy?
Fund the audits, spread the word and educate people, write your politicians and other elected officials. Stay active in the fight to save our country. Over 220 generals and admirals say we are in a fight for our survival like no other time since 1776.

Offline Drew

• Trips: No Selection
« Reply #10 on: September 26, 2014, 08:36:01 PM »
UK has two different types of lawyers.

Solicitor and barrister.

Solicitors do not argue cases in court.

Offline BillyB

« Reply #11 on: September 26, 2014, 08:43:45 PM »

Solicitor and barrister.

It's best to let Lina answer so we better understand who we're dealing with. I already know some attorneys don't do their work in front of an audience.
Fund the audits, spread the word and educate people, write your politicians and other elected officials. Stay active in the fight to save our country. Over 220 generals and admirals say we are in a fight for our survival like no other time since 1776.

Offline JayH

« Reply #12 on: September 27, 2014, 01:39:50 AM »

A lawyer who is quiet and shy? How does he get in front of a judge and jury to argue for his client if he's quiet and shy?

The answer is--he becomes a Solicitor !

Solicitor and barrister.

Actually--they still can appear in court. Generally  they will be there to instruct  a Barrister  rather than do appearances themselves-- more accurate to say that if it is a higher court .

These days there are a lot of places a "lawyer"  could be employed without seeing the inside of a court in their lifetime !! ;D
« Last Edit: September 27, 2014, 01:51:15 AM by JayH »
SLAVA UKRAYINI  ! HEROYAM SLAVA!!!!
Слава Украине! Слава героям слава!Слава Україні! Слава героям!
 translated as: Glory to Ukraine! Glory to the heroes!!!  is a Ukrainian greeting slogan being used now all over Ukraine to signify support for a free independent Ukraine

Offline JayH

« Reply #13 on: September 27, 2014, 01:59:50 AM »

Follow your own instincts.
I   can be quiet--I can be loud  !! ;D  It can be awkward when you don't understand all that is going on around you -- and some people go into their shell in those circumstances.If they are drinking vodka-- I can relate even more to him !!
The thing that first jumped into my head when I read your comments  was that from a young age I was always on "best" behaviour around a girls family-- and many years later I still did that with my ex's  family and they always thought of me as being quiet!!.
Given time he will forge a relationship with family members when he feels comfortable with them.
 translated as: Glory to Ukraine! Glory to the heroes!!!  is a Ukrainian greeting slogan being used now all over Ukraine to signify support for a free independent Ukraine

Offline LinaKillaqueen

• Commercial Member
« Reply #14 on: October 01, 2014, 05:21:00 AM »
I hope so.

Offline LinaKillaqueen

• Commercial Member
« Reply #15 on: October 01, 2014, 05:26:47 AM »
The answer is--he becomes a Solicitor !

Actually--they still can appear in court. Generally  they will be there to instruct  a Barrister  rather than do appearances themselves-- more accurate to say that if it is a higher court .

These days there are a lot of places a "lawyer"  could be employed without seeing the inside of a court in their lifetime !! ;D

Sometimes my boyfriend go to court, not all times, but i said he is quiet with my family, not with me and not in work. if he was with them, how he talks with me, they would not say he was quiet. i think he don't like them too.

Offline JayH

« Reply #16 on: October 01, 2014, 04:53:13 PM »
Sometimes my boyfriend go to court, not all times, but i said he is quiet with my family, not with me and not in work. if he was with them, how he talks with me, they would not say he was quiet. i think he don't like them too.

I don't think it is about "liking"-- as such.It is more likely about the difficulty of communicating and common ground eg common interests to discuss.I am guessing he is a private type of guy not prone to talking about what he considers his business-- it is a trait of lawyers generally.It can extend across whole life.Throw in anglo-saxon conservative background and his behaviour is normal enough to me!!  How is he with his friends?
Above all else--it is how he is with you and if you are treated properly that matters.

Offline iceshaft07

« Reply #17 on: January 02, 2015, 06:47:26 PM »
Hi Lina!

Other people always tend to want to be involved in your relationship. Over time, I've had people suggest outright stupid things to me. Go by what you feel.

My 2 cents is this: Just because your boyfriend is at a table and not speaking, that is not a sign that he doesn't like someone. To me, that is just a sign of discomfort. Maybe he can not find the right things to say. Maybe he is nervous in front of people. Maybe he doesn't like the chair he is sitting on. Maybe he thinks your family hates him and he is shy to talk. We just simply don't know why he is uncomfortable.

Instead, here's my thoughts: When you notice your boyfriend becomes uncomfortable, what is something you can do to make him feel more comfortable?

I'm pretty good at reading body language, and I actively do this throughout the day. If I notice I am stressing my boss out, I change my tone of voice to stress him out less. Its all the little things you do :-).

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8884
Latest: Eugeneecott
New This Month: 0
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 541299
Total Topics: 20860
Most Online Today: 3687
Most Online Ever: 12701