It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: Real Estate Agent for Poltava Ukr (Plus a Bank to get a Morgage)  (Read 4408 times)

Offline johnwilder35

Real Estate Agent for Poltava Ukr (Plus a Bank to get a Morgage)
« on: September 15, 2009, 10:32:28 PM »
I am looking for a real estate agent in Poltava, Ukraine.  Hopefully speaks some English.

Need a bank employee also to help with securing a morgage for my future property.

Thanks in Advance to whom can help me.

Offline ScottinCrimea

Re: Real Estate Agent for Poltava Ukr (Plus a Bank to get a Morgage)
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2009, 11:30:42 PM »
john, I don't have a lot of information so I'm reading between the lines here, but my impression is that you have met someone in Poltava, want to move there, buy an apartment on a mortgage and find work there that will support you as well as pay off the mortgage. I applaud your efforts at research on all of this, but I'm afraid that the news won't be good.  I don't know what your job skills are, but there are very few that will meet your needs if you aren't fluent in Russian and even then, not so many.  I would never consider a mortgage on property in Ukraine, as the conditions and interest rate are limiting, even if you could qualify without a stable job.

If you are thinking about getting the mortgage based on your current employment in the US, that presents a whole new set of issues and managing property there while living in the US has its own set of problems.

Realistically, if you can't afford to pay upfront for property there, it's better not to buy.

If you are seriouls about all of this, I would recommend holding on to any money you have, moving there, learning the system, and then deciding what and how to buy property, using someone who you have complete trust in.

Offline krimster

« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2009, 05:54:04 AM »
All your inquiries can be answered by looking at the youtube video series

"Goofy Goes to Ukraine"

Episode I "Goofy Tries to get a Mortgage"

"...Gawsh, 21% seems like a lot Mr Bank Manager, especially if you look at that apartment, it looks like Pluto's dog house, oh and it's easy to verify my income, I don't have any"

Episode  II "Goofy tries to Teach English"

This is the episode where Goofy befriends Oxana, a canine linguist with a Master's degree who speaks 5 languages fluently in addition to her native Russian, English like a native and makes $500/mo only because she works long hours teaching many different language classes and privately translating letters and correspondence, and knows the "system" there.  Goofy ended up volunteering 3 times a week.

Episode III "Goofy has to leave Ukraine"

Goofy was unaware of the new Ukrainian visa laws that went into effect in May, 2009 that requires him to leave Ukraine for 3 months after being there 6 months.

Episode IV "Goofy posts on RWD"

This episode is currently under production, stay tuned ...

Offline johnwilder35

« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2009, 05:34:53 PM »
Episode V - Krimster is an asshole.   

I asked a simple question either answer it or shut the fuck up. 
I don't see how you get to shoot your mouth off with that insulting crap you posted.

Offline viking

• Spouse's Country: Belarus
  • Trips: 4 - 10
« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2009, 06:59:13 PM »
John

I went through this once before with another guy who wanted to teach in the Ukraine. No matter what kind of advice offered to him, he was dead set on going and teaching. Three months later he was back in the states, having failed to achieve his goals. He had stayed at a friends house, tried like hell, but was unable to find a position.

When you coupled this with the added issues of trying to buy a piece of property, AND not being able to stay in country for more than a few montha at a clip, you really need to think about what you want to accomplish here.

Also, take a look at your written english here. It does leave a lot to be desired.

Even if you were paying cash, even if you had an agent you could trust 100% ( another issue), you do not know the language, the culture, the laws, in fact very little. And lastly...WHY do you want to do this?

I can appreciate your determination, but this will be an almost impossible task.
Tom Hanks in Castaway: You never know what the tide may bring in.
Viking: But you still need to walk along the beach to find it.

Offline krimster

« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2009, 07:28:49 PM »
Gangsta Nation by johnwilder35

asked a simple question
answer it or shut the *snip* up. 
I got a lotta agression
you wanna see it closeup?
I don't see how you get to shoot your mouth off
or why you get to scoff
with that insulting crap you post
just makes me wanna boast
that I'm movin to Ukraine
leavin Memphis on the train
have an appointment at  the banks
to score some major Francs
gonna lay it on my crib
and then completely ad-lib
a new english teaching career
by reading labels on the beer

uh-huh uh-huh you can't touch this

Offline Son of Clyde

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
  • Trips: No Selection
« Reply #6 on: September 18, 2009, 11:13:43 AM »
Krimster, aren't you the guy that Dan personally invited here to share your experiences from living in Ukraine?

You were pretty rough on John.

Offline krimster

« Reply #7 on: September 18, 2009, 02:21:49 PM »
SOC,

When satire is outlawed, only outlaws will write satire.
Let us enter into an analysis of your claim that I was "rough on John".

After a careful semantic analysis, I cannot see where in my first post that I was making jest of poor John.  The subject was "Goofy" a loveable Disney cartoon character.  John is not mentioned at all.  If somehow John interpreted my meager sentences, as that I in some way thought that he was "Goofy", well that's a conclusion that he has drawn for himself, but was not specifically and directly made by me.

In my second post, I merely took John's own words and set them to rap lyrics, since I used his own words, I give him full credit as being co-author of "Gangsta Nation".  Which I must tell you when sung into auto-tune with a musical score by "So Solid Crew", may actually make it into the hip-hop charts, it's really rockin'

So, you want me to provide this poor fellow some real assistance?  Fine, then.

OK, John, forget the apartment purchase, you won't and don't want a mortgage over there, and you'd never, never, be able to get one either over there or over here.  End of story, here's a Russian word for you to remember "Zaboot", it means "forget it".  Instead, simply rent an apartment, in the area you mentioned you could rent an apartment for $200/month.

Forget the job as well.  If you live frugally, your total monthly cost might be around $1,000.  So, if you were going to stay there for 6 months, it would require an expenditure of roughly $6,000.  Earn this money at home, take it with you.

So based on the information I just provided to you, you can stay in Ukraine without buying property, without a job, you just need $6,000.  OK, hope you find it helpful, if not, then just bless us all with another dull, vulgar attempt at being insulting, which I will then incorporate into my next rap song.

Offline Son of Clyde

« Reply #8 on: September 18, 2009, 09:50:44 PM »
krimster, its nothing personal I just know how I would have felt as a newbie reading your response. Im sure "Goofy" was not directed at anyone but it was a rather odd post.

Offline BC

• Spouse's Country: Russia
  • Trips: 4 - 10
« Reply #9 on: September 18, 2009, 10:31:52 PM »
krimster, its nothing personal I just know how I would have felt as a newbie reading your response. Im sure "Goofy" was not directed at anyone but it was a rather odd post.

It's just krimster.

Add salt liberally and you'll be just fine.

Offline Boethius

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
« Reply #10 on: September 18, 2009, 10:39:47 PM »
John, I will answer directly - this is, I think, what krimster was trying to say.

Ukraine is extremely corrupt.  There is no rule of law, de facto mafiosi run the country, the bureaucracy is staggering, the banking system is on the verge of collapse, and the police routinely shake down everyone from street kids to babushkas.  Police forces in several Ukrainian cities have been caught with their hands in the till, caught in everything from trafficking in girls and women to murder for hire.  Without a trustworthy Ukrainian to help you, you will be lost.  Further, Poltava is a depressed region that most Ukrainians wish to escape.  Beautiful culturally, but realistically, few decent jobs, no normal way to raise a family, and no chance at a good life.  You could rent a house in many places in Poltava for a couple hundred dollars.  Of course, you will pay more, because of the "rich foreigner premium".

If you are a big risk taker, and can walk away if things get hairy, then go ahead.  But you have a very good chance of losing it all.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2009, 10:41:27 PM by Boethius »
After the fall of communism, the biggest mistake Boris Yeltsin's regime made was not to disband the KGB altogether. Instead it changed its name to the FSB and, to many observers, morphed into a gangster organisation, eventually headed by master criminal Vladimir Putin. - Gerard Batten

Offline Son of Clyde

« Reply #11 on: September 19, 2009, 07:16:34 AM »
Without a trustworthy Ukrainian to help you, you will be lost.
I have been thinking about buying a small apartment in Ukraine for when I retire and my wife and I can spend a few months in Ukraine and a few months in the US. I was assuming being married to a Ukrainian who was well liked and respected in her community would be a good thing. Guess I will find out in 3 or 4 years.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2009, 07:18:57 AM by Son of Clyde »

Offline krimster

« Reply #12 on: September 19, 2009, 10:01:59 AM »
An analogy to how I  perceived John's question would be, "if I glued cardboard wings on my arms and flapped REALLY hard, how far would I be able to fly".

I apologize if I didn't present a discourse on the Bernoulli Effect, or discuss wingspan to weight ratios.  At the time, my sub-conscious mind must have thought that Goofy would have been a better frame of reference to answering the questions that were posed.

To all those who are contemplating the idea a bucolic lifestyle in Ukraine, I say, "beware"!

You perhaps have seen at some point in your life images of ancient maps that had on some obscure corner etched in frayed text, "There be monsters here".

That section of the map was later to be known as "Little Russia" and then even later as "Ukraine".

So what manner of rude beasts dwell there?

I could never enumerate them all, they are legion.  Thievery of all sorts is rampant in Ukraine, park benches are stolen for firewood, utility meters stolen to be resold at a swap meet.  Manhole covers are worth 50 cents, and are stolen to, and children sometimes fall down the gaping hole their absence leaves - so what, would be the thief's reply.  A curious side-effect of the utility meter thefts is that utility meters are installed inside your home where they are more secure, however meter readers, one for gas, one for water, one for electricity(sometimes), must now knock on your door, trudge through your home, read the meter, and then repeat next time.  However, you have to do your share of footwork as well.  Mail is not reliable in Ukraine, so there's no receiving a utility bill in the mail, attaching a check for payment and mailing it back, no, you have to go to a payment office for each utility, stand in a long line, present your utility meter book, wait for the clerk, who may be preoccupied to perform the calculation, and then inform you of the amount of your bill and you pay this amount.  You have to do this for each utility!  Here in the USA my meter reading is all digital and payment is done automatically online.

Yes, that is a big difference, America is "on-line" and Ukraine is "in-line".  The above describes just one tiny almost insignificant detail contrasting life in America vrs. life in Ukraine.  This comparison can be made in regards to almost every detail of day to day living, and the contrast between Ukraine and the USA will be as grossly divergent as what I have presented here.

Now you may fancy yourself a "white knight" able to keep monsters at bay, so you go ahead and do that, while I'll be resting in the lounge by the pool with a cold beer and a Notebook computer watching Youtube videos.

Offline BrightDawn

• My quest...
« Reply #13 on: September 19, 2009, 12:55:01 PM »
Very good information Krimster. It's what makes this forum so valuable. Thanks

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8883
Latest: Leroy14
New This Month: 1
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 541009
Total Topics: 20849
Most Online Today: 2013
Most Online Ever: 12701
(January 14, 2020, 07:04:55 AM)
Users Online
Members: 11
Guests: 1860
Total: 1871

+-Recent Posts

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Today at 02:48:08 PM

Re: What to do by krimster2
Today at 01:09:03 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Trenchcoat
Today at 12:51:13 PM

Re: What to do by Trenchcoat
Today at 12:33:48 PM

Re: If you don't know what you are talking about, post away anyway by Trenchcoat
Today at 12:24:44 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Today at 11:16:08 AM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by ML
Today at 10:31:43 AM

Re: What to do by krimster2
Today at 09:47:10 AM

What to do by 2tallbill
Today at 09:37:41 AM

Re: If you don't know what you are talking about, post away anyway by 2tallbill
Today at 09:18:17 AM