It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: First date advice  (Read 12189 times)

Offline msmob

• Spouse's Country: Russia
  • Trips: > 10
Re: First date advice
« Reply #50 on: August 06, 2020, 02:54:44 AM »
If your admission was legal, I fail to see the need to be clandestine...

I am sure you broke no laws...

Why keep it hidden?

Online 2tallbill

• Living the dream
« Reply #51 on: August 06, 2020, 07:35:53 AM »
I went in for the kiss at the beginning and end (got the cheek both times haha but she kissed me back on the cheek at the end).

Only time for one date?

Good idea to keep the travel details away from the peanut gallery.

Udachi!

Bill

PS If there's a next time you gotta do the spinTM

FSUW are not for entry level daters
FSUW don't do vague
FSUW like a man of action. Be a man of action 
If you find a promising girl, get your butt on a plane.
There are a hundred ways to be successful and a thousand ways to f#ck it up
Just kiss the girl, don't ask her first. Tolerate NO excuses!

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
  • Spouse's Country: Ukraine
  • Trips: 4 - 10
« Reply #52 on: August 06, 2020, 08:54:24 AM »
I got in and managed to avoid quarantine. (Legally, I can PM you if you want to know how but don't want to post about this publicly)
Anyway though we had our date and it went really well  :) She didn't speak any English but the translate app was actually very effective and we talked for almost 5 hours with it. I went in for the kiss at the beginning and end (got the cheek both times haha but she kissed me back on the cheek at the end). Big thank you to everyone here for the advice (even you, krimster) I think there's a lot of potential here, but whether it ends in marriage or not I'll have considered the trip a success.

Ah good stuff :) Yeah I heard the speach translate had come on a bit since a few years ago when it first came in, it was pretty slow and awkward then, it came out with some words correct but you had to be slow and very clear with what you said so it wasn't very good conversationally. Hence why I said the message translate to be on the safe side as otherwise it can come across as weird and awkward if it malfunctions lol.

The kiss on the cheek is not necessarily a bad sign, good girls will often want to avoid creating the wrong impression by accepting mouth kissing on the first date. That said it a way it is also a kind of courteous custom out there so unless the girl felt real off about you then she would tend to do so anyway.

Spending five hours with a girl out there means she likely wasn't off you. Whether there was any chemistry there only you two can tell. Did you do much together during those five hours? Visited anywhere?

I would say if you are still messaging after and there is a wish to meet again that may be worth considering. What did she look like and how did she come across to you?
"If you make your own bread, then and only then, are you a free man unchained and alive living in pooty tang paradise, or say no and live in Incel island with all the others." - Krimster

Offline msmob

« Reply #53 on: August 06, 2020, 09:33:12 AM »

Good idea to keep the travel details away from the peanut gallery.

'Beel'..are you referring to how our OP crossed from UA to from BY being kept 'hidden'?

If so, WHY ?   

Many folks would like to know how to transit, legally ..under the current circumstances
« Last Edit: August 06, 2020, 12:56:20 PM by msmob »

Online krimster2

• Trips: Resident
« Reply #54 on: August 06, 2020, 11:32:54 AM »
wow zoomer...

such courteous goodwill I have rarely encountered...
when I see it
I don’t know whether to be happy or should I feel sad...
maybe it is just my nature to always feel emotionally conflicted
maybe all big emotions are really just a mixture of smaller ones together

please forgive this angry, bitter old man
this old soldier who salutes you

you see, I realize
I am about to leave someone that I love and may never live to see again
when I cross the big water this last time next month
that pain cuts me deeper
than any knife ever could

zoomer, being a man of gawd and all, I'm sure you would consider yourself morally superior to a drug using military veteran such as myself, am I correct?
(BTW, I am freaking "high as a kite" right now, ok)

if so, then how from a moral principle, i.e. "what is right and wrong"
how is it acceptable for you, coming from the most highly infected part of the world, traveling and skipping quarantine, into a less infected area?
don't you understand that the people's live's you're endangering are innocent Ukrainians...
and not yours, unless you get stuck in a Ukrainian hospital
for your convenience, you were willing to take some small risk, that you may be an asymptomatic spreader and you're now introducing a whole new Covid-19 strain to Ukraine
so this is not a decision about you risking yourself, it's about you risking others FOR yourself!

well, halaluya, praise gawd, and let's pass the collection plate NOW (pst...put a couple of "twentys" on top when you hand out the collection plate)

ya know hey sorry, this is starting to sound kinda passive aggressive now...
it's not really you, it's me man, I've been REALLY bummed out lately...
and it was just easy for me to pick on someone young and inexperienced
as a way for me to "blow off some steam" but it didn't really make me feel AT ALL any better
after thinking about what the world's gonna look like in one year...or in five years....
I'm STILL just as bummed out as I was...

sheeeeeet man...

« Last Edit: August 06, 2020, 12:27:34 PM by krimster2 »

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
« Reply #55 on: August 06, 2020, 12:13:08 PM »
'Beel'..are referring to how our OP crossed from UA to from BY being kept 'hidden'?

If so, WHY ?   

Many folks would like to know how to transit, legally

I think Zoomer flew in but that he means he either did a covid test at the airport or did one before travelling to avoid any quarantine.

As I have found crossing the border by train is not a joy, at least not for me. If you don't know Russian it's not a good idea. I was fortunate in being assisted by a Russian speaker by a good stroke of luck. Multiple interrogations by various border staff who seemingly spoke no English (at least in my case) would have been a much bigger ordeal had I not had a willing Russian speaker present.
"If you make your own bread, then and only then, are you a free man unchained and alive living in pooty tang paradise, or say no and live in Incel island with all the others." - Krimster

Online krimster2

« Reply #56 on: August 06, 2020, 12:29:29 PM »
crossing a border by train is a great way to NOT get your luggage x-rayed like it would at the airport

I mean, not that this bit of info would EVER be important for some reason...
right?

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
« Reply #57 on: August 06, 2020, 12:49:36 PM »
crossing a border by train is a great way to NOT get your luggage x-rayed like it would at the airport

I mean, not that this bit of info would EVER be important for some reason...
right?

True, they don't X-ray it. They ask you to open it but they didn't do an intense search of my luggage, then again it was only a small travel suitcase, plus it probably depends who you get or randomness of intense search basis. I wasn't hiding anything though just under the naive Impression from behind my computer screen back home that it would be a straight forward route in lol.

Well I can imagine it's a difficult period you are going through Krim viewing a future you didn't want as it's just not an appealing one at the moment. I've been in a different but similar situation not so long ago. I'm still not sure how things are going to pan out, whether I'm going to be in a unhappy place I don't want to be in at some point in the future. I think as we get older there becomes a vision of the future that can only look gloomy. That's not to say that it will or won't but it's what we envisage. At those times I find a small swig of alcohol can help the mind take a break from such thoughts and to a more pleasanter place :) Sometimes for a while it's just necessary.

I would question one thing as whether you are sure your daughters are best of in Russia. This crises is surely going to affect most places so is Russia really going to be any better than the US?

Offline msmob

« Reply #58 on: August 06, 2020, 12:59:45 PM »
True, they don't X-ray it.

Question for Krimster and Trench, when did either of you take a Russian long distance / international train ?  :rolleyes:

Here's a clue... Your cases ARE e-ray'd  as you enter the station ..

Crossing a LAND border ...in a car?

I have entered Russia from Latvia and 'Abkhazia' and the latter was more thorough ...

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
« Reply #59 on: August 06, 2020, 01:47:42 PM »
Question for Krimster and Trench, when did either of you take a Russian long distance / international train ?  :rolleyes:

Here's a clue... Your cases ARE e-ray'd  as you enter the station ..

Crossing a LAND border ...in a car?

I have entered Russia from Latvia and 'Abkhazia' and the latter was more thorough ...

We're talking about Ukraine here not Russia. I have entered Ukraine from Poland, no x-ray was done before, at or after the station.

Online krimster2

« Reply #60 on: August 06, 2020, 06:04:39 PM »
Trench is correct!!!
OMG!!

yes, Trench, lack of x-ray is why I ALWAYS go THIS route
they're only looking for Ukrainian cigarette smugglers
not nice American family like me

Offline Boethius

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: No Selection
« Reply #61 on: August 06, 2020, 09:42:30 PM »
We're talking about Ukraine here not Russia. I have entered Ukraine from Poland, no x-ray was done before, at or after the station.

Wrong.  It's done in a way that you don't know.  This is also done at certain US-Canada border crossings.  No need to ask what's in your luggage/in your car.  They already know.  This is the way luggage on trains has been inspected at the border since Soviet times.

This post was composed without the aid of google.

After the fall of communism, the biggest mistake Boris Yeltsin's regime made was not to disband the KGB altogether. Instead it changed its name to the FSB and, to many observers, morphed into a gangster organisation, eventually headed by master criminal Vladimir Putin. - Gerard Batten

Offline SteveInBoston

• Trips: 1 - 3
« Reply #62 on: August 06, 2020, 10:26:06 PM »

if so, then how from a moral principle, i.e. "what is right and wrong"
how is it acceptable for you, coming from the most highly infected part of the world, traveling and skipping quarantine, into a less infected area?
don't you understand that the people's live's you're endangering are innocent Ukrainians...
and not yours, unless you get stuck in a Ukrainian hospital
for your convenience, you were willing to take some small risk, that you may be an asymptomatic spreader and you're now introducing a whole new Covid-19 strain to Ukraine
so this is not a decision about you risking yourself, it's about you risking others FOR yourself!

Krim,

Did you skip over the OP's first post?  The part about him travelling to Ukraine from Belarus?

Offline based_zoomer1997

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: None (yet)
« Reply #63 on: August 07, 2020, 05:18:52 AM »
Spending five hours with a girl out there means she likely wasn't off you. Whether there was any chemistry there only you two can tell. Did you do much together during those five hours? Visited anywhere?

I would say if you are still messaging after and there is a wish to meet again that may be worth considering. What did she look like and how did she come across to you?
We visited some monuments, churches, had dinner, and walked around her home neighborhood afterwards. She looked pretty but modest. She came across very well, I see no reason to be suspicious of her other than the usual.
I took a really long bike ride with her family yesterday, it was brutal, I think it might have been some sort of test (they said they had only ridden that far once before, and they ride bikes all the time, not sure why they decided to save the brutal one for me who hasn't ridden a bike in 5 years). But it was still fun, I like her family and they seem to like me. It's also cool to not have the pressure of being a good conversationalist lol

Online krimster2

« Reply #64 on: August 07, 2020, 08:02:21 AM »
"Did you skip over the OP's first post?  The part about him travelling to Ukraine from Belarus?"

da, but he's one of those Americans, now ain't he?
you know the most covid-19 infected spot on the Earth
some of the "Red Zones" in the US have one out of four Corona tests come back positive...
not at all cool for an asymptomatic US Covid-19 spreader to leave the USA and go to Belarus or Ukraine
you can't say, "no way would that ever happen, when that's EXACTLY how it got there in the first place"

Online krimster2

« Reply #65 on: August 07, 2020, 08:46:10 AM »
"Wrong.  It's done in a way that you don't know.  This is also done at certain US-Canada border crossings.  No need to ask what's in your luggage/in your car.  They already know."

shto te gavirisch?
if what you said was TRUE, I'd probably still be in prison...
I used to use the Kyiv-Berlin rail route ALL THE TIME
to bring stuff in and OUT of Ukraine and Russia

if Ukrainians can do it smuggling cigarettes to Germany
I can do it smuggling other things, you know like aid to orphans and so forth

BTW, "done by a way you don't know"
this is called "informants"
pros like me have no problem

but now I have access to a Russian registered commercial aircraft
and don't need no stinkin train anymore

« Last Edit: August 07, 2020, 08:48:53 AM by krimster2 »

Offline msmob

« Reply #66 on: August 20, 2020, 10:29:31 AM »
Trench

WHY are you STILL offering 'advice' when you cannot pull yourself ?

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
« Reply #67 on: August 20, 2020, 11:16:53 AM »
Trench

WHY are you STILL offering 'advice' when you cannot pull yourself ?

Lol, it's time out at the moment Mobers. What am I supposed to do, go to Ukraine? Even the official figures are on the up there. If BillyB MIL is right then they have a real problem out there.

So if I were to risk it I could end up stuck in a Ukrainian hospital with the virus. Now that's not an enviable position to be in, apart from ending my days there the virus is known to inflict potentially long term debilitating health problems.

At the moment I am in a fortunate part of the world where virus numbers are currently low. So I don't think you can slam me for not being in the game when the game play has been suspended my dear Mobers.

Anyway, now that travel to/from Russia has been resumed isn't there someone you need to be with???

Offline msmob

« Reply #68 on: August 20, 2020, 04:58:17 PM »
Dearest Trench,

You didn't address my point re offeri g 'advice'...you simply told is why you weren't going off on yet another trip, without a clue, then coming back and suggesting these fails make you an 'expert'...

Indeed, SC and I seem closer to meeting...with a spot of enforced togetherness (quarantine).

Online 2tallbill

• Living the dream
First date advice
« Reply #69 on: August 21, 2020, 06:57:17 AM »
Dearest Trench,

You didn't address my point re offeri g 'advice'...you simply told is why you weren't going off on yet another trip, without a clue, then coming back and suggesting these fails make you an 'expert'...

Indeed, SC and I seem closer to meeting...with a spot of enforced togetherness (quarantine).

:offtopic:

Dearest Moby,

I want to welcome you and Trench to engage in conversations in
threads specially designed for the two of you rather than take over 
another thread.

Trenchcoat's Further Theories on, and Experiences of, Dating in the FSU
http://www.russianwomendiscussion.com/index.php?topic=24334.75

Yet More Blah, Blah, Blah
http://www.russianwomendiscussion.com/index.php?topic=24173.75

FSUW are not for entry level daters
FSUW don't do vague
FSUW like a man of action. Be a man of action 
If you find a promising girl, get your butt on a plane.
There are a hundred ways to be successful and a thousand ways to f#ck it up
Just kiss the girl, don't ask her first. Tolerate NO excuses!

Offline msmob

« Reply #70 on: August 21, 2020, 08:52:30 AM »

Dearest Moby,

Beel, for someone who denies being a mini Hitler you sure do come across as a frustrated 'board owner'..

Just try observing how you manage to bring US politics into so many threads ...

'Thank you..'

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8883
Latest: Leroy14
New This Month: 1
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 540892
Total Topics: 20846
Most Online Today: 1419