It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: I may be going to Vilnius soon!!!  (Read 4227 times)

Offline Hammer2722

• Spouse's Country: Belarus
  • Trips: 4 - 10
I may be going to Vilnius soon!!!
« on: July 25, 2023, 08:53:14 AM »
Wifey wants to sell her apartment in Minsk but doesn't want to travel alone so we are looking to go to Vilnius where she will go ahead from there to Minsk and I will stay in Vilnius while she takes care of business. I'll probably be there for about 3 weeks so plan on going to Cracow, Prague and maybe some other touristy places. I'll up date this thread soon..... :popcorn:
every ship can be a minesweeper at least once...

Offline ML

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
  • Trips: > 10
Re: I may be going to Vilnius soon!!!
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2023, 09:45:05 AM »
I liked Lithuania a lot.
Favorite city was Kaunas which is just west of Vilnius.
It has a pedestrian only mall type of street right in the middle of town with many shops and restaurants on either side.
Farther west on sea coast is Klaipeda with a very nice beach area, which I recommend.
And you can travel down a  tiny stretch of land south to meet the infamous Kaliningrad border.
But be aware the Wagner Group may be planning to try to take over the Suwatki Corridor which connects Belarus with Kaliningrad.
That would require a NATO response, which I hope they would do overwhelmingly to completely exterminate the participating Wagner forces.  Maybe that would stop the enthusiasm for joining Wagner.
A beautiful woman is pleasant to look at, but it is easier to live with a pleasant acting one.

Online krimster2

• Spouse's Country: Russia
  • Trips: Resident
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2023, 09:50:05 AM »
how are you planning on bringing the $$$ to the USA?
what's availability of US Dollars in Belarusian banks?
I assume Belarusian real estate transactions are done in CASH
and not through direct buyer/seller wire/bank transfers??

do you know what PARANOIA feels like
try walking with a suitcase full of hundred dollar bills outta a Russian bank
after selling some high end property
and outwardly, you're calm
but the slighest sound and your adrenalin starts pumping
and when you jump in the car and drive away, you notice a car keeps tailing you
THAT is freakin paranoia

then ya gotta babysit this suitcase across multiple borders
make sure you have your foreign deposit form from the treasury dept all filled out, when you return to the USA
American money shows it's security threads in x-rays, agents can spot it and take it ONLY IF you didn't declare it
trying to smuggle it into the USA is dumb
when you can just do it legally like this

declare it, and you and 2 treasury agents go to a private room and count it, sign a release form, repack your money and OFF you go
AND, if this is the sale of a primary residence (I thoughtfully bring a notarized translation of the Russian bill of sale along with the original and attach to the treasury declaration)
is TAX FREE!!!!

and you thank god, you're not doing this in Russia!!!
after they steal your money, they'll drop off you off at an organ harvester

I myself have purchased many "coin purses" made from human scrotums
of people who tried to get money past Russians

this is how I also smuggled diamonds outta Mirny in Russian far east
taped to the bottom of my scrotum

nobody's gonna look under a geezer's junk, trust me, nobody!!!
and don't bathe or use deoderant for a few days also expedites customs

do you guys have any clue about how much money you poor rednecks could be makin over there, just buyin and sellin stuff....
no?
well, it's A LOT!!!

sad thing about rednecks
you can lead em to the water
but unless it's Trump flavored Kool-Aid
they ain't gonna drink it

« Last Edit: July 25, 2023, 10:29:37 AM by krimster2 »

Offline Hammer2722

« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2023, 09:54:04 AM »
I liked Lithuania a lot.
Favorite city was Kaunas which is just west of Vilnius.
It has a pedestrian only mall type of street right in the middle of town with many shops and restaurants on either side.
Farther west on sea coast is Klaipeda with a very nice beach area, which I recommend.
And you can travel down a  tiny stretch of land south to meet the infamous Kaliningrad border.
But be aware the Wagner Group may be planning to try to take over the Suwatki Corridor which connects Belarus with Kaliningrad.
That would require a NATO response, which I hope they would do overwhelmingly to completely exterminate the participating Wagner forces.  Maybe that would stop the enthusiasm for joining Wagner.

Thanks for the info ML, I'll keep those places in mind. You mean the Suwalki Gap? I don't think Wagner is stupid enough to try to invade Poland or any other Nato country. Its just more Russian bluster....Poland will soon be the most powerful military in Europe!!!!

Offline Bee Farmer

• Trips: None (yet)
« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2023, 10:38:12 AM »

The Wagner Group was disbanded.  It does not exist.  They are essentially little green men...but who are they directed by?

Article 5 has only been invoked one time, and that was in response to 9/11.  Interestingly, it was not an attack by a foreign government's forces, but rather what was essentially a private military company, if you want to call them that.  NATO allies agreed that Article 5 could be invoked if the 9/11 attack was directed from abroad.

If "Lithuanian" dissidents inside Lithuania started an uprising, and were supported by ex-Wagner forces who came to their aid...can Lithuania invoke Article 5?  Or would this be a matter that Lithuania would have to handle on its own using their own military and police forces? Lithuania has given significant amounts of artillery and equipment to Ukraine.  How well could Lithuania handle an internal conflict fighting ex-Wagner forces?  (This assumes Wagner would attack the Suwalki Gap on the Lithuanian side rather than the Polish side, as the Lithuanian military is much weaker than the Polish military.)

We could suspect that the "Lithuanian" dissidents and ex-Wagner fighters were proxies directed by the Kremlin, but can we prove it?

Offline Hammer2722

« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2023, 10:54:14 AM »
Ok, so this is going to be a trip report so please let's not start posting comments about the war in Ukraine or anything else political. Thanks!

Offline mhr7

• Trips: Resident
« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2023, 01:26:44 PM »
Wifey wants to sell her apartment in Minsk but doesn't want to travel alone so we are looking to go to Vilnius where she will go ahead from there to Minsk and I will stay in Vilnius while she takes care of business. I'll probably be there for about 3 weeks so plan on going to Cracow, Prague and maybe some other touristy places. I'll up date this thread soon..... :popcorn:

I'm jealous, I've never been to any of those cities. Good luck Hammer!
"After your death, you will be what you were before your birth." - Schopenhauer

Offline Shadow

• Trips: > 10
« Reply #7 on: July 27, 2023, 03:32:56 AM »
FYI, currently the borders between Lithuania, Poland and Belarus are still open, while there may be a lot of time needed in line it is no problem crossing when documents are in order.Money transfer from and to Belarus are also mostly unrestricted, the banks may require documentation about origin of funds, a notary document with respect to the sale is accepted.
As I have friends in Belarus who regularly visit Holland I am up to date with the current situation.
No it is not a dog. Its really how I look.  ;)

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8883
Latest: Leroy14
New This Month: 1
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 540892
Total Topics: 20846
Most Online Today: 1958
Most Online Ever: 12701