It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: Starting and Running a Business in the Republic of Georgia, Batumi  (Read 85519 times)

Offline Maxx2

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: 4 - 10
Re: Starting and Running a Business in the Republic of Georgia, Batumi
« Reply #375 on: September 07, 2020, 09:34:10 AM »
Maxx, Maxx, Maxx..

You are getting lots of advice, but what scares me is did you sign a rental agreement with L's name on it?.....

Did you sign anything else, together?

The quote in bold, NO.

I seen my lawyer Khatuna today. The one Larissa pissed off. She read the rental agreement and laughed. Not only was it poorly translated by Google translate but in the rush it had three different start dates, March 5, August 15 and September 3rd. This document could not be introduced into court. 

Offline msmob

• Spouse's Country: Russia
  • Trips: > 10
« Reply #376 on: September 07, 2020, 09:40:33 AM »

The quote in bold, NO.

I seen my lawyer Khatuna today. The one Larissa pissed off. She read the rental agreement and laughed. Not only was it poorly translated by Google translate but in the rush it had three different start dates, March 5, August 15 and September 3rd. This document could not be introduced into court.

Ok, good.

Offline Maxx2

« Reply #377 on: September 08, 2020, 01:09:50 AM »

A year ago I was approached by my gym's owner about a matter. Some of the weightlifters wanted a Texas Dead Lift Bar and wanted to see if I would buy it for them with a short term loan of a few months. Dato on the right was particularly obsessed with getting it. He was literally dreaming about it. A Texas Dead Lift Bar is a barbell that is made to bend as the weights are lifted off the floor. They cost about $400 with shipping by ship (2 months) another $100. I agreed to the loan. Shortly afterward I was told the weightlifters couldn't agree about equally paying for it so the loan was called off. I thought about for a few days. I told the gym owner, part owner actually, I would buy it anyway. They can pay me back whenever.

Sunday was a weightlifting event held at the gym. The star of the event was the Texas Dead Lift Bar. It is the only one in Georgia. Ramazi on the left, came and shook my hand and called me friend. He had set a new weightlifting record with the barbell. Ramazi seen I was distressed. It was written all over my face. He told me if there is anything he could do just ask. When I first met him he told me he received training in Minneapolis Minnesota for border security. Minneapolis is where I am from.   
« Last Edit: September 08, 2020, 01:45:09 AM by Maxx2 »

Offline Maxx2

« Reply #378 on: September 08, 2020, 05:34:25 AM »

About the Larissa situation.

I got her to drop all intentions of being my business partner. And I got her to drop all unpleasantness. The past two days have been quite civil. She understands we got to make this business work for both of us.   
« Last Edit: September 08, 2020, 05:44:37 AM by Maxx2 »

Offline Maxx2

« Reply #379 on: September 08, 2020, 05:43:12 AM »
Batumi Justice House Temporarily Closed As Employee Tests Positive for COVID-19

The House of Justice in Batumi is currently closed and the building is being disinfected as one of its employees has tested positive for coronavirus, Rusudan Shavishvili, the head of the Adjara Disease Control Center, announced.
The Adjara Disease Control Center reports that the contacts of the infected employee have been investigated and they underwent PCR testing.
For the record, Adjara is now a red zone and 23 of 45 confirmed cases detected in Georgia in the last 24 hours are related to this region.
45 new cases of coronavirus were confirmed in Georgia during the last 24 hours, bringing the total number to 1729.
This a record high daily number for the country.
Currently, there are 363 active cases of coronavirus in Georgia.
By Ana Dumbadze

Offline Maxx2

« Reply #380 on: September 08, 2020, 05:47:43 AM »

We expect another lockdown. Kobaleti the city just north of us is in lock down. That is all "non-essential" businesses are closed. Today we cashed in our tickets to Tbilisi. There is a possibility that once there we couldn't get back to here.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2020, 06:06:23 AM by Maxx2 »

Offline Maxx2

« Reply #381 on: September 08, 2020, 06:10:30 AM »

Mikheil Saakashvili: I'm Coming Back!

Former President of Georgia Mikheil Saakashvili, who currently serves as the Head of the Executive Committee of the National Reforms Council of Ukraine, has published a video on his Facebook page, where he apologized to the Georgian people and said that he will be returning.
"Of course, there were mistakes, there were very serious mistakes too, but as God is my witness, I wanted the best for my people," he stated in the video address.

"Ukraine is my second home. At that time I came here from my main home, my sweet Georgia. I have always loved Ukraine since I was a student, in the most difficult period it was Ukraine that accepted me as I am, without any conditions and requirements, and I appreciate it very much.
"Now, after all these years, I know how to better serve our country and how to avoid mistakes. I wanted my people to live better. Yet, from the perspective of these years, I want to publicly apologize to everyone for the mistakes I made. During these seven years, there has not been a single day that I have not been interested in Georgian news and I know for sure that my work as President has not been in vain. But, at the same time, when I hear Georgian news, I can guess that we can live much better, every Georgian can be rich. We'll do it together! I'm coming back!" he said.
By Ana Dumbadze

Elections: Former President Saakashvili Intends to be PM 'Only for 2 Years'

Former President of Georgia Mikheil Saakashvili, who currently serves as the Head of the Executive Committee of the National Reforms Council of Ukraine, once again discussed his plans to return to Georgia in a new video address.
In his words, he intends to serve as the Prime Minister of the country, however, "Not for a full term, but for a maximum of 2 years."
“The United National Movement and a number of other people have raised the issue of nominating me for the Prime Minister’s post. I've thought about it a lot and I'm ready to take on this function, but not because I miss the power. I really do not miss it and I want to tell you that I will be the Prime Minister not for a full term, but for a maximum of 2 years. These 2 years will be enough to pull the country out of the swamp and move forward very quickly. I am sure of it," he said.
The third president of Georgia noted that October 31 is not an ordinary election, but "An election of existence and non-existence."

He once again apologized to the public for mistakes.
"I want to sincerely apologize to everyone for mistakes, but an apology is not enough, the main thing is not to apologize, but to correct those mistakes. I hope we will have the opportunity to correct them," Saakashvili said.
He pledged that "He will arrive in Georgia without causing any confrontation or unrest."

"I'm often asked when I will come to Georgia. I will arrive in Georgia without causing any controversy or unrest. It is very important that everything be peaceful. I handed over power peacefully and I am really not going to come to power as a result of unrest. But we all agree that Georgia needs to be saved. That is why I am not going to avoid responsibility. We, together with you, will definitely have our beloved homeland, Georgia, back on its feet!" he said.
Yesterday, the opposition coalition 'Power in Unity' and the United National Movement nominated him as their candidate for Prime Minister in the 2020 parliamentary elections.

The former president has announced his plan to return to Georgia several times in recent years. However, the current government claims that Saakashvili will be immediately detained upon crossing the border "For the crimes he has committed against the Georgian people."

By Ana Dumbadze

Many of the expats here are hoping he wins. The consensus is things have been going downhill since he left.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2020, 06:23:36 AM by Maxx2 »

Offline Maxx2

« Reply #382 on: September 10, 2020, 07:40:59 PM »

About the Larissa situation.

I got her to drop all intentions of being my business partner. And I got her to drop all unpleasantness. The past two days have been quite civil. She understands we got to make this business work for both of us.

She'll be coming over today to pick up her final pay. It was eating on her that I wouldn't tolerate her moodiness and sharp
tongue so she looked for another job. A nanny for a three year old Georgian boy.

Offline BillyB

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
« Reply #383 on: September 10, 2020, 10:28:33 PM »
she looked for another job. A nanny for a three year old Georgian boy.

She can brag to the boy she almost made it big in the restaurant industry but chose to raise him instead.
Fund the audits, spread the word and educate people, write your politicians and other elected officials. Stay active in the fight to save our country. Over 220 generals and admirals say we are in a fight for our survival like no other time since 1776.

Offline Maxx2

What if it is the woman that has age issues about herself?
« Reply #384 on: September 11, 2020, 07:09:40 AM »
She can brag to the boy she almost made it big in the restaurant industry but chose to raise him instead.

Billy, you are kind of hitting on something.

Larissa recently had some injections under her eyes and on her upper cheeks. Looked like a bunch mosquito bites. She told me she wanted an eye lift while in Tbilisi. She says she is 48 but I suspect in her 50s. Here as a Western woman she has men after her, even young Georgian and Turk men in their 20s. Then along I come at 67 and express an interest in her? NO I never hit on her. Just found her on Tinder. I think this is what is at the center of all her unpleasantness. She is a woman of strong likes and dislikes. She told me she hated Muslims and Blacks. 

Offline msmob

« Reply #385 on: September 11, 2020, 09:26:13 AM »
Maxx,

1/ that you found L on TINDER is a bit of a giveaway, surely?

2/ not being mad keen on 'dark men, Turks or Musulmen' is a frequent 'do not bother contacting me' on many FSU W dating profiles..

Offline Maxx2

« Reply #386 on: September 12, 2020, 04:22:47 AM »
Maxx,

1/ that you found L on TINDER is a bit of a giveaway, surely?

I just found out about Tinder a few months ago. I talked with my daughter and she has a bad impression of it. She says Tick Tok is better.

Offline Maxx2

Larisa was just here. What DRAMA
« Reply #387 on: September 12, 2020, 04:33:25 AM »
Larissa was just here, 5:15 AM Minnesota time, 3:23 PM here. She came to get her final pay. She was expectantly cold. I told her I had her money. And I said she could give me the key. I got the money for 4 days wages, 180 GEL in my wallet and started to hand it to her with my right hand and reached for the key with my left. I sensed by the look on her face it was going to be that kind of deal. She pulled back her hand with the key and asked me how much money it was. I said 180 Lari. She said, "No that is not the right amount." I said, "how much then?" She said, "200 Lari and you will have to go to the bank to get the other 20 Lari ($6.45)." I said I had it on me and I gave her 200 GEL. She then gave me the key. Then she took a towel and wiped the chalk board of HER proposed menu.

There is the towel on the table.

She then went to the door and turned and said, "You are a capricious person and cruel!" I said, "How am I cruel". I never yelled or raised my voice to her. Never made promises I didn't keep. Paid her what she agreed to. I said,
"Tell me how I am cruel. I want to know so if I am I can change." She said, "You will never change".  Then she said, "You deserve to die alone." So she went out and started walking down the sidewalk. I knew I had to say something to her or I would regret not defending myself. I said, "You've got problems you know" without yelling or raising my voice. I never yell or raise my voice. She said, "No I don't. You DO!!"

I think why she thinks I am cruel is because she wanted this type of work very, very much, then suddenly I took it away from her. I had one condition, something we discussed this Monday (Saturday now) that she treat me with respect. Not yell at me or insult me. I never did those things to her. My keeping my temper with her was probably thought of as having a cold heart. She couldn't control her temper, yet I can? What does the Bible verse say about a man who can't control his temper?

Proverbs 25:28
Like a city whose walls are broken down is a man who does not control his temper.

Larissa knows a lot of people in Batumi. Restrictions and limitations caused by the covid19 reaction will not be my only difficulty to overcome.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

One of the things this forum teaches is a man has to establish boundaries. To know when to pass on a woman. When to break off communication. What to put up with and endure and when to say enough is enough.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2020, 04:51:44 AM by Maxx2 »

Offline BillyB

« Reply #388 on: September 12, 2020, 09:19:35 AM »

In a breakup she tried to squeeze another 20 Lari out of you and erase the chalk board. If you want to see how ugly people can get, break up with them. At least she didn't go and tear the restaurant up. I think she knew you had a romantic interest in her because she told you that you deserve to die alone. She's probably hoping you go and chase her and beg her to be by your side. When it comes to business, prevent the little head from making any decisions.

Can a copy of the key to your restaurant be made? You may want to consider changing the locks.
Fund the audits, spread the word and educate people, write your politicians and other elected officials. Stay active in the fight to save our country. Over 220 generals and admirals say we are in a fight for our survival like no other time since 1776.

Online Hammer2722

• Spouse's Country: Belarus
« Reply #389 on: September 12, 2020, 10:56:35 AM »

Can a copy of the key to your restaurant be made? You may want to consider changing the locks.

I was thinking the exact same thing......
every ship can be a minesweeper at least once...

Offline Maxx2

« Reply #390 on: September 13, 2020, 02:41:43 AM »

In a breakup she tried to squeeze another 20 Lari out of you and erase the chalk board. If you want to see how ugly people can get, break up with them. At least she didn't go and tear the restaurant up. I think she knew you had a romantic interest in her because she told you that you deserve to die alone. She's probably hoping you go and chase her and beg her to be by your side. When it comes to business, prevent the little head from making any decisions.

She was very good when it came to honesty with money. The extra 20 GEL was probably for the artist who did the chalk on the board.

First I only had a slight interest in her as a possible match from Tinder. When I found out she was from South Africa I stopped messaging her. I figured I would be too old for her. FSU women, especially women old enough to be grandmothers, are more accepting of a man of advanced years. Western women less so. She contacted me again and wanted to see my place. Starting a restaurant was very interesting to her. She told me she disliked getting up in the morning with nothing too do. She worked weekends and made good money teaching English. So she volunteered to help me.

The "die alone" comment was from a conversation I had with her. I told her I came to Georgia to start my life over again and to find a family that could be mine. A wife with grown children and grandchildren. 

Larissa is obsessed with getting old. She has had botox and other injections. I seen a bunch of what looked like mosquito bites on her cheeks. She told me it was to make the wrinkles around her eyes go away. Botox was done on her forehead. Said she wanted an eye lift when she got to Tbilisi. I think she had breast implants as they didn't have any sag. She made it very, very clear she had no interest in me. And I knew a relationship with her would be a pure nightmare. After a party and the guests went home she had a drank a lot of wine she lit into me insulting me. She said I was just a ridiculous old man and she was a goddess. Hardly. I sat there is silence, didn't argue back then I said nicely, "Well, maybe it is time to go home?" She got up and said, "You're an asshole!!" and stormed out. She has deep anger issues. I forgave that incident. I figure it was the wine and/or menopause. This last incident she hadn't been drinking. Monday and Tuesday she was nice. We worked well together getting things done. Then Wednesday she got insulting. Then Thursday insulting and demanding. So when I came back to the restaurant with the cleaning lady she was gone. I know she knows that I will never chase after her. Why would I want that in my life again? She got her final pay yesterday and I got the key. I really don't think I need to change the locks.

Offline Maxx2

« Reply #391 on: September 13, 2020, 02:46:33 AM »

This is all so exhausting! But we had gotten the place almost ready to open. The lockdown of the borders and no foreign tourists is a huge problem.

Offline BillyB

« Reply #392 on: September 13, 2020, 08:40:14 AM »
I think she had breast implants as they didn't have any sag. She made it very, very clear she had no interest in me. And I knew a relationship with her would be a pure nightmare.

If she has no romantic interest in you, how did you see her breasts? Did you have a "friends with benefits" arraignment?

Offline BC

« Reply #393 on: September 13, 2020, 08:54:34 AM »
Billy,

Fairly easy to spot, even clothed like Ivanka. 

Offline BillyB

« Reply #394 on: September 13, 2020, 09:12:22 AM »

There are firm natural breasts that stick up in the air. A bra helps them stick up even more. Only true way to see if a woman has implants is look for the scars. I'm not convinced Ivanka had breast implants. Ivanka's breasts are larger today than when she was modelling but she has three kids and women's breasts get bigger after kids.

Offline msmob

« Reply #395 on: September 13, 2020, 09:39:15 AM »
I'll bet any ladies reading this are laughing their heads off...

What the heck has this got to do with starting a new biz in Georgia)))

Think it's new thread time..!

Online 2tallbill

• Living the dream
Larisa was just here. What DRAMA
« Reply #396 on: September 13, 2020, 09:51:16 AM »
She then went to the door and turned and said, "You are a capricious person and cruel!"

I said,

Three pieces of advice
1. When dealing with a break up in either business or romance is
to not respond to an obvious verbal attack, just walk them to the
door and close it behind them.

2. Don't mix romance and business

3. To only take on partners when you really need them.

FSUW are not for entry level daters
FSUW don't do vague
FSUW like a man of action. Be a man of action 
If you find a promising girl, get your butt on a plane.
There are a hundred ways to be successful and a thousand ways to f#ck it up
Just kiss the girl, don't ask her first. Tolerate NO excuses!

Online 2tallbill

• Living the dream
« Reply #397 on: September 13, 2020, 09:54:22 AM »
I'll bet any ladies reading this are laughing their heads off...

What possible value is that comment?
FSUW are not for entry level daters
FSUW don't do vague
FSUW like a man of action. Be a man of action 
If you find a promising girl, get your butt on a plane.
There are a hundred ways to be successful and a thousand ways to f#ck it up
Just kiss the girl, don't ask her first. Tolerate NO excuses!

Offline msmob

« Reply #398 on: September 13, 2020, 10:02:37 AM »
To keep abreast of things and not make tits of ourselves on Maxx' thread, I started a new thread, Beel

« Last Edit: September 13, 2020, 10:07:29 AM by msmob »

Offline Maxx2

Re: Larisa was just here. What DRAMA
« Reply #399 on: September 13, 2020, 11:30:40 AM »
Three pieces of advice
1. When dealing with a break up in either business or romance is
to not respond to an obvious verbal attack, just walk them to the
door and close it behind them.

2. Don't mix romance and business

3. To only take on partners when you really need them.

One and three of course. Two..... you got to be kidding me!? She had more red flags than a May Day parade in Red Square! I NEVER mixed romance with business.

What it is Bill is advice she was getting from "friends" over a bottle of wine. "He's taking advantage of you!" I was paying her going rate of pay.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2020, 11:33:48 AM by Maxx2 »

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8884
Latest: Eugeneecott
New This Month: 0
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 541305
Total Topics: 20860
Most Online Today: 3934