It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: Airline Ticket Purchases  (Read 19585 times)

Offline ML

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
  • Trips: > 10
Airline Ticket Purchases
« on: February 05, 2019, 09:54:56 AM »
I don't think we have a 'sticky' for this topic.

Some good advice on websites and phone numbers to call to get best prices for plane tickets to FSU can be found scattered in many threads.

Let's put that info here in one thread.

Recently someone mentioned ASAPTickets.com
Their opening page does show some good prices; but apparently you must make all connections and purchases via phone.

What are other good contacts?
A beautiful woman is pleasant to look at, but it is easier to live with a pleasant acting one.

Offline npk

• Spouse's Country: Russia
  • Trips: None (yet)
Re: Airline Ticket Purchases
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2019, 10:09:57 AM »
When I travel to Russia by Aerofloat Airline from US to Moscow, always bought my ticket from Brand New Travel Inc. http://brandnewtravel.com/ , their ticket price so far always about US$30 - US$50 less than the same from www.cheapoair.com 

Offline SteveInBoston

• Trips: 1 - 3
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2019, 12:16:49 PM »
Wizz Air:

http://wizzair.com/en-gb#/

Unfortunately they do not fly from/to the US.  A greap cheap airline if you are already in Europe. 

Offline ML

« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2019, 09:42:07 PM »
OK gang, so what is the latest scoop on best source to buy airline tickets, USA to Kyiv (KBP) ?

Is ASAP still the best . . . or something else ?
A beautiful woman is pleasant to look at, but it is easier to live with a pleasant acting one.

Offline Brillynt

« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2019, 01:59:16 PM »
I like to use Kayak  www.kayak.com

Offline msmob

« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2019, 09:37:04 PM »
As already pointed out ..using aggregators depends on where you are flying to / from.

I start with skyscanner.net. (using incognito mode in Chrome) as these buggers who you are .

Skyscanner often picks out Wizzair, and one has to be care about which company Skyscanner finds cheapest as they might charge for services that are free.( seat allocation, for example). Often choosing the option to n9ok with the airline is cheaper.

For flights involving CIS nations SC sometimes gets good deals with aviasales.ru

Use the search by month option .as one can find really bargain days...(often Tuesdays)

Offline ML

« Reply #6 on: May 20, 2019, 07:59:58 PM »
Often choosing the option to n9ok with the airline is cheaper.

Is your n9ok a typo or a code for something?

Offline msmob

« Reply #7 on: May 20, 2019, 09:56:51 PM »
Fat thumbs and no glasses?

Offline IvanM07

• Trips: 4 - 10
« Reply #8 on: November 09, 2019, 09:01:10 AM »
I don't think we have a 'sticky' for this topic.

Some good advice on websites and phone numbers to call to get best prices for plane tickets to FSU can be found scattered in many threads.

Let's put that info here in one thread.

Recently someone mentioned ASAPTickets.com
Their opening page does show some good prices; but apparently you must make all connections and purchases via phone.

What are other good contacts?

I gave ASAPTickets.com a shot, just bought my ticket for January. They ended up being the cheapest by about $70. Like most Travel Agencies they try to start out with a super low offer to get you to enter your info, in my Case $735***** Doesn't include all the Taxes and Fees. In the past I've used CheapOair, Turkish Air directly, FareBoom, and Kayak.

I was a bit sketched out with them calling me as I prefer if I'm gonna book a ticket to just do it over the phone. In the past I've used a travel Agency they pressure you to buy the ticket now, they just did all this work etc. None of that happened here. I told him I would prefer to use United or Southwest to NY/DC and from there Turkish or Lufthansa. About an hour later he called back with 2 options both within the total trip time I wanted (<20 Hrs) for $1011 United/Turkish and $1090 on an alternate date with United/Lufthansa. They give you a link with the offerings and pay through a secure portal. Worst case I figure I can always Dispute the charge if I run into any issues.

Eventually Ended up buying the Turkish Ticket, they've always been good to me and better than the local Domestic offerings I feel like. We'll see how well ASAPTickets is Come January. August was the worst trying to get out of Charlotte to NYC I got delayed 3 days until eventually just buying my own AA ticket to NYC since Jet Blue was so incompetent.

Offline LAman

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
« Reply #9 on: November 09, 2019, 10:24:19 AM »

I gave ASAPTickets.com a shot, just bought my ticket for January. They ended up being the cheapest by about $70. Like most Travel Agencies they try to start out with a super low offer to get you to enter your info, in my Case $735***** Doesn't include all the Taxes and Fees. In the past I've used CheapOair, Turkish Air directly, FareBoom, and Kayak.

I was a bit sketched out with them calling me as I prefer if I'm gonna book a ticket to just do it over the phone. 

Apparently you didn't read find print at bottom page of site. Quoted prices include all taxes, fees and applicable surcharges. BUT are quotes for low season late Jan - early March.
For me going to Moscow, quote is $536. In searching at moment I can get to Moscow early Jan for ~~$590-$614
on skyscanner or justairticket(small site). You do get better deals on phone. Another one is smartfares .
I have used asap several times. I usually research before speaking to someone at asap, ready to make decision.
I have always found fares with them on phone( no call back) and they send link to my email to confirm flights and  to pay for flight.
Life isn't tied with a bow, but it's still a gift

Offline IvanM07

« Reply #10 on: November 09, 2019, 10:53:19 AM »
Apparently you didn't read find print at bottom page of site. Quoted prices include all taxes, fees and applicable surcharges. BUT are quotes for low season late Jan - early March.

Except if you look further in they don't. Not that I would have typically looked up this information similar to how I don't read the ToS on anything before clicking 'I Agree'

"The fares displayed do not include taxes and applicable surcharges. Prices are based on weekday travel (Monday through Thursday). Purchase of fares is subject to availability of seats on that corresponding fare. All fares and their governing rules are subject to change without prior notice. Fares shown are for one adult.

The fares displayed do not include:

US Passenger Facility Charges: Starting at USD 3.00 up to USD 18.00, this fee may apply depending upon your chosen itinerary.

US Flight Segment Tax: A federal segment fee of USD 3.00 applies per flight segment, defined as a takeoff and landing.

September 11th Security Fee: A September 11 Security Fee of USD 2.50 for each flight segment originating at a U.S. airport is applicable on all tickets issued on both foreign and US Carriers.

Fuel surcharge: fuel surcahrge of up to $150 each way may apply depending on the airline and itinerary.

Additional taxes/fees: Additional taxes and fees may apply to International itineraries. Charges of up to USD 96.00 may apply depending on the itinerary chosen.

Restricted Air Fares: Discounted airfare tickets offered for a proposed itinerary are restricted. Tickets are non-transferable, non-refundable, non-re-routable and non-endorsable. Date changes prior to and after commencement of travel are allowed, but are subject to availability of seats and other applicable penalties.

Payment Guidelines: Fares are only guaranteed once the payment has been made in full. We accept cash, bankers checks, wire transfers and all major credit cards.

Visas and Passports: ITN CORP is not responsible for acquiring any documentation required for traveling to a foreign country.

Once confirmed and ticketed, all tickets are NON-REFUNDABLE and NON-EXCHANGABLE."

Offline LAman

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
« Reply #11 on: November 09, 2019, 12:01:48 PM »
This is from site :

*All the prices displayed are round-trip economy class airfares per adult person in USD, and include all taxes, fees and applicable surcharges. The fares are subject to seat availability in the corresponding booking inventory, are for individual travel and cannot be used for group travel. Seats are limited and may not be available on all flights and dates. The fares are non-refundable, non-exchangeable, and non-transferable. The fares and their governing rules are subject to change without prior notice. Other restrictions may apply. Savings of up to 50% off are indicated off the full un-restricted (i.e. refundable) published “Y” class airfares of major scheduled airlines. Savings may vary based on availability, advance purchase, minimum stay, travel dates, and blackout dates and may change without notice. Airline-imposed baggage fees are not included and may apply.
"ASAP Special Fare” is based on weekday travel Monday – Thursday during the low season (Jan 25- Mar 5, 2020). Minimum stay – Saturday night, and maximum stay – 7 days. Advance purchase of up to 21 day is required. Other advertised prices “Deal of the Week”, “Best Seller” and “Top Rated” are valid for travel Monday – Thursday during the low season (Jan 25- Mar 5, 2020). Minimum stay – Saturday night , and maximum stay – 30 days. Advance purchase of up to 14 days is required.
Advertised Fare Guarantee: All the fares advertised on this website are guaranteed to be reasonably available within the specified travel period in the fare restrictions. If the fare is not available, ASAP Tickets will honor the advertised fare and sell the fare at the advertised level. To claim “Advertised Fare” and “Lowest Fare Guarantee” please, first, talk to your travel agent or email us at info@asaptickets.com or call us at 888-531-0722. For more details check the website 'Rules & Conditions'.
◊ In addition to discounted airfares, ASAP Tickets offers ‘$25-OFF voucher’ for your next airfare purchase with us in case of buying additional travel products from our agents. If your first purchased trip was completed as scheduled, we’ll send you a ‘$25-OFF voucher that can be used to pay for new airline tickets purchased with ASAP Tickets. The $25-OFF voucher is valid for one year after said trip completion, is transferable and may be used by a third party, but may not be used or combined with any other coupons. Detailed information is to be provided by your personal travel agent during price quote.

http://www.asaptickets.com/resultpage/64679547/LAX-MOW/2019-12-26/2020-01-07

Ivan, not sure where your info came from. I have used asap a couple times and got actual rate one time.
Life isn't tied with a bow, but it's still a gift

Offline BdHvA

• Trips: No Selection
« Reply #12 on: February 02, 2021, 08:02:30 PM »
I like to use Kayak  www.kayak.com

Kayak often shows options (airports) that you will not see easily elsewhere. Though I would search the actual airport for departures and arrival flights.
Experierence is not what happens to you. It is what you do with what happens to you. A. Huxley

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8883
Latest: Leroy14
New This Month: 1
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 540892
Total Topics: 20846
Most Online Today: 1958
Most Online Ever: 12701