It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: 2nd Trip planning  (Read 35755 times)

Offline msmob

• Spouse's Country: Russia
  • Trips: > 10
Re: 2nd Trip planning
« Reply #100 on: February 17, 2017, 04:20:52 AM »
On the train to Odessa. Near me is a Pom in his 60s i think yapping about Yanks, trump, wall, how us yanks arent going to protect Europe anymore....ugh...do i need to listen to this for hours? He cant possibly be Moby, can he?   ;) i do not want to engage this wanker in a conversation.  ;D

:)

Moby is not - quite - that old and would likely be speaking a form of Russian..! 

Best not to try to think you understand what he's saying .. and not to approach him  - he's probably already figured you out ;)

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
  • Spouse's Country: Ukraine
  • Trips: 4 - 10
« Reply #101 on: February 17, 2017, 08:58:24 PM »
On the train to Odessa. Near me is a Pom in his 60s i think yapping about Yanks, trump, wall, how us yanks arent going to protect Europe anymore....ugh...do i need to listen to this for hours? He cant possibly be Moby, can he?   ;) i do not want to engage this wanker in a conversation.  ;D

Don't worry its not me. lol. I like Odessa :) In my opinion its far nicer than Kiev, not that Kiev is real bad, it can be quite nice but as you found Kiev can be a bit dreary particularly on overcast days. Odessa has more European Architecture so easier to feel at home and open parks and bars, quite vibrant in a good way I think. I never visited in the winter though so it could look a whole lot different. Some nice hotels in Odessa also. If there is one place I wouldn't mind staying long term its Odessa. Let us know how you find it.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2017, 09:00:18 PM by Trenchcoat »
"If you make your own bread, then and only then, are you a free man unchained and alive living in pooty tang paradise, or say no and live in Incel island with all the others." - Krimster

Offline msmob

« Reply #102 on: February 17, 2017, 09:05:33 PM »
If members find Kyiv 'dreary' on overcast days - I can only wonder...  what would stimulate them..?

What should be stimulating is the company, surely ?

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
« Reply #103 on: February 17, 2017, 11:34:34 PM »
If members find Kyiv 'dreary' on overcast days - I can only wonder...  what would stimulate them..?

What should be stimulating is the company, surely ?

Yes indeed Moby the company was good I was with in Kiev so made the experience a pleasant one. She knew where to go and filled me in on a lot, we got on well together I thought and she was attractive but alas fell short on the chemistry/affection front. If it were not for her I would have been clueless about where to go or what to do in Kiev or what much of it was about. I would prefer not to have the frustration of being with someone without the necessary feeling for long though again, it gets a bit much. When she was not there though, particularly after its not great being in Kiev alone, Odessa is ok alone but Kiev definitely got to be meeting/with someone I think.
"If you make your own bread, then and only then, are you a free man unchained and alive living in pooty tang paradise, or say no and live in Incel island with all the others." - Krimster

Offline LAman

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
« Reply #104 on: February 18, 2017, 12:12:48 AM »
So what are your plans in Odesa, Wallin? A bit cold, highs in 40's. Not really walking around weather. If you like pizza, try Olio's ( a couple in the centre).

So Trench, what exactly do you know about Odesa? How many days were you there...2, maybe? What I like about Odesa is small centre, walk nearly everywhere, even 25 minutes to beaches and in summer LOTS of people out and about.
Life isn't tied with a bow, but it's still a gift

Offline msmob

« Reply #105 on: February 18, 2017, 12:32:52 AM »
When she was not there though, particularly after its not great being in Kiev alone, Odessa is ok alone but Kiev definitely got to be meeting/with someone I think.

??  !! It's never great to be alone in a strange city, but unless it is a hot summer's day, Kyiv is surely blessed with more to 'see' !  ( thinking of beach life ...)

One can cool off swimming in the river, many of the lakes surrounding Kyiv ( spent many a happy hour at The Blue Lake )

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
« Reply #106 on: February 20, 2017, 12:05:47 AM »
it was a good date. Second time meeting her. Good food, good conversation, some smooching. I applied 2tallbill's philosophy. Do i see myself as her future husband? Probably not. Next. Met Elena again. More of the same. I didnt view her as my future Mrs. So, moving on.

So how's Odessa going for you Wall, eager to know :D

Offline wallm

• Trips: 1 - 3
« Reply #107 on: March 07, 2017, 01:03:45 AM »
Long trip over. Met one lady that I think could be future Mrs. Told her what I am thinking. We agreed to see each other again in the near future. I like her a LOT and the feeling is mutual according to her. I don't want to talk too much and plan too much, lest I jinx this. ;D

Offline JayH

« Reply #108 on: March 07, 2017, 01:22:19 AM »
Long trip over. Met one lady that I think could be future Mrs. Told her what I am thinking. We agreed to see each other again in the near future. I like her a LOT and the feeling is mutual according to her. I don't want to talk too much and plan too much, lest I jinx this. ;D

Sounds good !  Now the hard part starts !  For starters --flowers tomorrow ( the 8th) for Womens Day --this is really important !
SLAVA UKRAYINI  ! HEROYAM SLAVA!!!!
Слава Украине! Слава героям слава!Слава Україні! Слава героям!
 translated as: Glory to Ukraine! Glory to the heroes!!!  is a Ukrainian greeting slogan being used now all over Ukraine to signify support for a free independent Ukraine

Offline wallm

« Reply #109 on: March 07, 2017, 01:58:29 AM »
Sounds good !  Now the hard part starts !  For starters --flowers tomorrow ( the 8th) for Womens Day --this is really important !

This has been arranged. No expense spared. She is going to love it. :D

Offline JayH

« Reply #110 on: March 07, 2017, 02:04:35 AM »
 :applause: :ROFL: ;D
The importance of this day coming immediately after you have left is quadrupled !
You cannot say you're beautiful or send flowers too often !
SLAVA UKRAYINI  ! HEROYAM SLAVA!!!!
Слава Украине! Слава героям слава!Слава Україні! Слава героям!
 translated as: Glory to Ukraine! Glory to the heroes!!!  is a Ukrainian greeting slogan being used now all over Ukraine to signify support for a free independent Ukraine

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
« Reply #111 on: March 07, 2017, 07:30:17 PM »
This has been arranged. No expense spared. She is going to love it. :D

Wall you should have really talked to me first, I know some real cheap places to sort you out on this one ;D

So it was the girl in Odessa then :D Well done, I'm pleased for you. Goes to show the visit many approach can work. Was she one you visited on your first trip or one you set up since then?

Offline wallm

« Reply #112 on: March 09, 2017, 02:22:49 AM »
Wall you should have really talked to me first, I know some real cheap places to sort you out on this one ;D

So it was the girl in Odessa then :D Well done, I'm pleased for you. Goes to show the visit many approach can work. Was she one you visited on your first trip or one you set up since then?

She is from Nikolaev.

I do not count pennies when trying to make a lady I like happy.:D
she is worth it. She is a new one.

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
« Reply #113 on: March 09, 2017, 06:47:30 AM »
She is from Nikolaev.

I do not count pennies when trying to make a lady I like happy.:D
she is worth it. She is a new one.

Woho Wall, centre of the 'dating industry' ;D Can be ok though no doubt if you find the right one. Yep if she looks a good'un then spending the pennies probably a good idea. Looks like the visit many over a longer few weeks period worked out for you second time. Seems the advice (either 2tallbill or BillyB) give about not recycling women also a good one to follow since it worked out for you here with a new girl rather than those you had already seen first time but wasn't sure.   

Offline ML

« Reply #114 on: March 09, 2017, 08:01:05 AM »
Seems the advice (either 2tallbill or BillyB) give about not recycling women also a good one to follow since it worked out for you here with a new girl rather than those you had already seen first time but wasn't sure.

I disagree a little bit about not recycling.

I have encountered a few instances where big bumps and/or no chemistry occurred at first meeting . . . but things went very well at second meeting.

And I remember another surprising situation.
With woman 1 things went very well and she was my top gal.
But then I met woman 2 and she mostly blew woman 1 out of the water in several respects.
However, over time woman 2 started displaying some unacceptable traits.
This made me realize that woman 1, who wasn't quite so over-the-top in her affection to me as was woman 2, that she (woman 1) was a much better long run stable match.
A beautiful woman is pleasant to look at, but it is easier to live with a pleasant acting one.

Offline wallm

« Reply #115 on: March 09, 2017, 10:51:49 AM »
Woho Wall, centre of the 'dating industry' ;D Can be ok though no doubt if you find the right one. Yep if she looks a good'un then spending the pennies probably a good idea. Looks like the visit many over a longer few weeks period worked out for you second time. Seems the advice (either 2tallbill or BillyB) give about not recycling women also a good one to follow since it worked out for you here with a new girl rather than those you had already seen first time but wasn't sure.

I am not experienced enough to know what town is the center of dating industry. I am in general picky and I met many good ladies Kiev, Odessa, Nikolaev. Didn't go to Kharkiv. I have had a range of experiences. A great first date and not much in 2nd, vice versa, etc. WMVM did work for me. One thing I had seen is that most ladies are not desperate to leave. Many work multiple jobs and are proud of their country. If I were them, I would GTFO. ;D

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
« Reply #116 on: March 09, 2017, 02:00:23 PM »
I am not experienced enough to know what town is the center of dating industry. I am in general picky and I met many good ladies Kiev, Odessa, Nikolaev. Didn't go to Kharkiv. I have had a range of experiences. A great first date and not much in 2nd, vice versa, etc. WMVM did work for me. One thing I had seen is that most ladies are not desperate to leave. Many work multiple jobs and are proud of their country. If I were them, I would GTFO. ;D

Lol, yeah I agree it can't be pleasant for the women in Ukraine and with the conflict in the east ever threatening to engulf the whole country in a war zone should it escalate then they will be exposed to the full danger of it. There seemed to be a degree of fear around when I was in Nikolaev back in the summer, not loads but you could tell it was on some peoples minds as things looked to be hotting up. Nikolaev was where I met a girl but we were not a match, it an interesting place to visit though isn't it. Quite pleasant along the somewhat Georgian main street, leafy, and oh so many hot devushka's around :D I was shocked as one walked by after the next :o Problem is though that it is known for being the heart of the 'dating industry' where a lot of model looking girls and agencies ply their trade and end up supplying the big PPL sites or run scams on men as they pass through on tours or whatever. What site did you use to meet her? I mean not to say all are dodgy, the girl I met wasn't - she was at least upfront and honest, but the chemistry was not there. I knew by the way she was writing that she was sound but should have still Skyped before going out to meet her as it was on a vo basis that I was meeting her without much room to alter tatics, hence the going for a month idea which seems to have worked for you :D   

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
« Reply #117 on: March 11, 2017, 06:01:52 AM »
So Wall just curious as to what site you met your new lady off? Quite a turn around in luck when you think a few weeks ago on arrival you got off to not a great start falling over in the snow. Shows how picking oneself up after a fall really does help, no pun intended ;)

Offline wallm

« Reply #118 on: March 11, 2017, 10:25:44 AM »
freepersonals.ru

I tried most sites recommended here. Found many to be trash such as luckylovers.net, etc. YMMV.

Many sites seem to have similar looking search engine.

I spent almost 7 weeks in Ukraine since the beginning of November. Postponed flights back home multiple times. Costly but I was going to do whatever it took especially since I am so far away. I was also flexible. When I planned to fly around, some here suggested trains especially in winter. Changed my plans, didn't care about losing a plane fare. Tried different things. It was hard to get myself to train station in Kiev, find the platform & train. But once I got the hang of it, not bad. Viator now offers $21 transfer from/to KBP. Convenient if the hotel/apartment doesn't offer transfer but almost all do, even though some cars they use are from 1970s. WTF!!

Didn't spare any expense when buying flowers, giving them cab fare or having a nice meal. Of course the exchange rate makes it so easy to afford without batting an eye.

I am surprised I was able to meet one I think can be Mrs. so early in my search. I hope she is the one and I don't get a Dear John letter one day. :D I will go back to be with her in the summer. So far so good.

So, my suggestions to you....talk less, do more, get in shape if you aren't already (Freeletics if you need a program). Be confident. Learn the language. That is my next hurdle to conquer.

And be ready to get over disappointments, quickly. And move on regardless of how hot she is. That is the most sound advice I got on this site. It is hard to do but it works.

One final piece of advice...be nice to them even if there is zero chemistry. It helps guys who come after you.

Offline jone

« Reply #119 on: March 11, 2017, 11:21:30 AM »
freepersonals.ru

I tried most sites recommended here. Found many to be trash such as luckylovers.net, etc. YMMV.

I spent almost 7 weeks in Ukraine since the beginning of November. Postponed flights back home multiple times. Costly but I was going to do whatever it took especially since I am so far away. I was also flexible. When I planned to fly around, some here suggested trains especially in winter. Changed my plans, didn't care about losing a plane fare. Tried different things. It was hard to get myself to train station in Kiev, find the platform & train. But once I got the hang of it, not bad. Viator now offers $21 transfer from/to KBP. Convenient if the hotel/apartment doesn't offer transfer but almost all do, even though some cars they use are from 1970s. WTF!!

Didn't spare any expense when buying flowers, giving them cab fare or having a nice meal. Of course the exchange rate makes it so easy to afford without batting an eye.

I am surprised I was able to meet one I think can be Mrs. so early in my search. I hope she is the one and I don't get a Dear John letter one day. :D I will go back to be with her in the summer. So far so good.

So, my suggestions to you....talk less, do more, get in shape if you aren't already (Freeletics if you need a program). Be confident. Learn the language. That is my next hurdle to conquer.

And be ready to get over disappointments, quickly. And move on regardless of how hot she is. That is the most sound advice I got on this site. It is hard to do but it works.

One final piece of advice...be nice to them even if there is zero chemistry. It helps guys who come after you.

I always used the mini-buses or vans to get from the Train Station to KBP.  Cost was always 12 USD or less.  Just get in the line in front of the train station.  And get a quick Big Mac from the walk up window at McDonalds on the corner.  LOL.
Kissing girls is a goodness.  It beats the hell out of card games.  - Robert Heinlein

Offline wallm

« Reply #120 on: March 11, 2017, 12:18:27 PM »
I always used the mini-buses or vans to get from the Train Station to KBP.  Cost was always 12 USD or less.  Just get in the line in front of the train station.  And get a quick Big Mac from the walk up window at McDonalds on the corner.  LOL.

I was talking KBP to/from hotels/apartments. I did see the mini-buses at KBP this week. For now I am comfortable paying a little more and doing the sure thing, especially since my russian is non-existent. :) If only I could learn that language. Suggestions are welcome.

Offline LAman

« Reply #121 on: March 11, 2017, 12:38:53 PM »
I was talking KBP to/from hotels/apartments. I did see the mini-buses at KBP this week. For now I am comfortable paying a little more and doing the sure thing, especially since my russian is non-existent. :) If only I could learn that language. Suggestions are welcome.

Could have downloaded the uklon app and ordered your taxi airport-hotel/apt for ~250uah.

Although I am more likely to just use Sky bus @ 60uah and either get off at Kharkivska (green line) or Pivdenny train station(behind main train station)
« Last Edit: March 11, 2017, 12:45:24 PM by LAman »

Offline wallm

« Reply #122 on: March 11, 2017, 12:57:17 PM »
Could have downloaded the uklon app and ordered your taxi airport-hotel/apt for ~250uah.

Although I am more likely to just use Sky bus @ 60uah and either get off at Kharkivska (green line) or Pivdenny train station(behind main train station)

I will get there some day. I couldn't even make the app work on my phone. Tried another one called Ontaxi. Same problem. You are a lot more experienced than I am.

Offline LAman

« Reply #123 on: March 11, 2017, 01:11:34 PM »
I will get there some day. I couldn't even make the app work on my phone. Tried another one called Ontaxi. Same problem. You are a lot more experienced than I am.

Could order ahead with site uklon.com.ua (if using from/to airport use Boryspil) You do need address of where you are going.

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
« Reply #124 on: March 11, 2017, 02:34:53 PM »
freepersonals.ru

Thanks for the advice Wall, it all helps. Yeah, I have been using same website as you recently, and been communicating with someone. She seems sweet and authentic so just the type I was looking for and will be going out to meet her. I'm not going to get carried away this time as I know it all depends on meeting. She seems to have good qualities though and I am enthusiastic about the visit. Like you I've found a lot of the other sites full of bs, to me paying a monthly subscription seems to offer zero preferential benefits over free sites. Many of the girl on sites like EM just don't strike me as the type of girl I am looking for and that's the real profiles, lol.

So it looks like your probably pretty sound on the girl you've found. Like you say you can only see how it goes over time. In this search as I'm aware things can change at a moments notice. Sounds like you shelled out a fair bit on travel, I think I got an 'official taxi' from the taxi rank for a lot less than $21, think 500 ghrivna or so. Flights would have made sense booking on an as and when basis perhaps. Though I can see why you missed them if it seemed appropriate. The moving on quick if there is zero chemistry seems advice I will have to take on board though after last times. I'll certainly try to tone up, Wall thanks for the link ;) 

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8884
Latest: Eugeneecott
New This Month: 0
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 541540
Total Topics: 20868
Most Online Today: 2112
Most Online Ever: 12701