It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: Coronavirus, how are you preparing for it and how it is affecting you so far?  (Read 439795 times)

Online Faux Pas

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: No Selection
I wasn't "protecting" moby.  I merely pointed to the inaccuracy of the riposte. 

The riposte was not any more or less accurate than your statement here.

The reality is that millions of Chinese had already travelled to their home villages to celebrate the Lunar Year before Chinese officials quarantined Wuhan and other cities.

That statement actually states nothing nor does Moob's. It's as if you're posting just to see your post. Did you 'thank' Moobs? He apparently is expecting someone to. You can't know especially at this point that when the Chinese travel to their home villages and when the Chinese government quarantined Wuhan to any connection with the virus itself. Again at this point you can not say with any certainty that it was Chinese nationals that caused the rapid spread over the globe

Online krimster2

• Spouse's Country: Russia
  • Trips: Resident
no, just the opposite...
I laughed about it, thought it was a pretty good scam, I knew some mediocre people who made decent money being Y2K consultants
but they were bottom feeders
which is all Y2K was about IMHO...
ahhh, good times...

Offline Boethius

That statement actually states nothing nor does Moob's. It's as if you're posting just to see your post. Did you 'thank' Moobs? He apparently is expecting someone to. You can't know especially at this point that when the Chinese travel to their home villages and when the Chinese government quarantined Wuhan to any connection with the virus itself. Again at this point you can not say with any certainty that it was Chinese nationals that caused the rapid spread over the globe

People typically start travelling before the "official" period of the Lunar Year, which started January 10. 

The CBC reported heavily on this issue, and did a lot of "man on the street" interviews in China, which is initially how I knew of this.  Since that time, I've spoken to several clients who are also Chinese nationals.  Most have relatives who made it "home" before quarantines were put in place, and anticipated staying there beyond the Lunar Year, which ends in February.

I'll be certain to run all future posts past you to ensure they meet with your "posting standard" approval.

This post was composed without the aid of google.
After the fall of communism, the biggest mistake Boris Yeltsin's regime made was not to disband the KGB altogether. Instead it changed its name to the FSB and, to many observers, morphed into a gangster organisation, eventually headed by master criminal Vladimir Putin. - Gerard Batten

Offline BillyB

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
  • Trips: > 10
The reality is that millions of Chinese had already travelled to their home villages to celebrate the Lunar Year before Chinese officials quarantined Wuhan and other cities.

That is true but the fact is the Chinese government already knew about this virus long before the quarantine and still allowed people to travel around the nation. They even wanted to bring 200,000 Wuhan citizens together the day they announced the outbreak to the world. This is from the Jan 25 article below"

The first case was reported Dec. 8. As the disease spread, Wuhan officials insisted that it was controlled and treatable. The police questioned eight people who posted on social media about the virus, saying they had spread “rumors.”

On Saturday, two days before Wuhan told the world about the severity of the outbreak, it hosted a potluck banquet attended by more than 40,000 families so the city could apply for a world record for most dishes served at an event. On the day it broke the news to the world, it also announced that it was distributing 200,000 free tickets to residents for festival activities during the Lunar New Year holiday, which begins this Saturday.

http://www.nytimes.com/2020/01/22/health/virus-corona.html

Today, 6593 South Koreans are infected by the virus. That makes one out of every 7807 South Koreans are infected with the virus. They were on top of it when it broke out in their nation, unlike the Chinese who dragged their feet by failing to educate people to stay home but instead encouraged people to go out for public events and suppressed warnings by doctors who didn't get permission from the government to speak. China's infection rate among it's people should be worse than South Korea and Italy's but it isn't because of massive under reporting. If China had the same infection rate among it's population as South Korea, with a population of 1.386 billion they should have 177,533 people infected right now but should be more if you factor in negligence, the virus started there and length of time the virus was allowed to spread.
Fund the audits, spread the word and educate people, write your politicians and other elected officials. Stay active in the fight to save our country. Over 220 generals and admirals say we are in a fight for our survival like no other time since 1776.

Offline GQBlues

• Trips: None (yet)
So I'm thinking if COVID-19 only kills the elderly with medical condition, what's taking these pathogens from heading directly to Washington DC? It can actually celebrate a 'Spring Break -like' parties in those chambers with all the useless geezers we pay screwing around with our Constitution.

Maybe this is Lady Justice's concoction trying to right what ails the beltway these days.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2020, 11:51:43 AM by GQBlues »
Quote from: msmob
1. Because of 'man', global warming is causing desert and arid areas to suffer long, dry spell.
2. The 2018 Camp Fire and Woolsey California wildfires are forests burning because of global warming.
3. N95 mask will choke you dead after 30 min. of use.

Offline BillyB

The virus is currently busy destroying Iran's government with 10% of the MPs infected and other officials including the VP infected

http://www.buzzfeednews.com/article/matthewchampion/coronavirus-iran-mps-covid-19
Fund the audits, spread the word and educate people, write your politicians and other elected officials. Stay active in the fight to save our country. Over 220 generals and admirals say we are in a fight for our survival like no other time since 1776.

Offline msmob

Why help Moby? He specifically said " celebrating New Year" not "celebrating prior to New Year." Chinese New Year preparations started Jan 17. New Year celebration begins Jan 25 and ends Feb 4

'Poor' ol' BillyB ..

I've just seen this post - and note he's already been put straight ..

Have the pleasure of dealing with several Chinese firms and none of those ppl have been infected ..

Online Faux Pas

People typically start travelling before the "official" period of the Lunar Year, which started January 10. 

The CBC reported heavily on this issue, and did a lot of "man on the street" interviews in China, which is initially how I knew of this.  Since that time, I've spoken to several clients who are also Chinese nationals.  Most have relatives who made it "home" before quarantines were put in place, and anticipated staying there beyond the Lunar Year, which ends in February.

I'll be certain to run all future posts past you to ensure they meet with your "posting standard" approval.

This post was composed without the aid of google.

The CBC's man on the street and your several clients can speak for an entire Chinese province's New Year travel plans? :rolleyes:  Oh please excuse my speaking out of turn. I'll leave you to your valued sources.

Posting standard? You do seem to post with full conviction. I can't imagine you's need my approval

Offline msmob

The riposte was not any more or less accurate than your statement here.

As someone who buys from China - on a monthly or bi-monthly basis - we are advised to place orders and expect them to be shipped a week to ten days before the official break ... as China winds down to a halt ... as many workers are allowed to travel across the nation ..   

http://www.morethanshipping.com/the-chinese-new-years-effects-on-the-shipping-industry/

Hmm, so much for your latest drive-by troll ..

You can't know especially at this point that when the Chinese travel to their home villages

YUP, 'We' can and do ...

and when the Chinese government quarantined Wuhan to any connection with the virus itself.

Wrong, once more .. Westerners actually live, work and/ or study there ... 23rd Jan..

Again at this point you can not say with any certainty that it was Chinese nationals that caused the rapid spread over the globe

You are on a roll of fails ..

http://www.who.int/docs/default-source/coronaviruse/situation-reports/20200121-sitrep-1-2019-ncov.pdf?sfvrsn=20a99c10_4

Event highlights from 31 December 2019 to 20 January 2020:
• On 31 December 2019, the WHO China Country Office was informed of cases of pneumonia
unknown etiology (unknown cause) detected in Wuhan City, Hubei Province of China. From
31 December 2019 through 3 January 2020, a total of 44 case-patients with pneumonia of
unknown etiology were reported to WHO by the national authorities in China. During this
reported period, the causal agent was not identified.
• On 11 and 12 January 2020, WHO received further detailed information from the National
Health Commission China that the outbreak is associated with exposures in one seafood
market in Wuhan City.
• The Chinese authorities identified a new type of coronavirus, which was isolated on 7
January 2020.
• On 12 January 2020, China shared the genetic sequence of the novel coronavirus for
countries to use in developing specific diagnostic kits.
• On 13 January 2020, the Ministry of Public Health, Thailand reported the first imported case
of lab-confirmed novel coronavirus (2019-nCoV) from Wuhan, Hubei Province, China.
• On 15 January 2020, the Ministry of Health, Labour and Welfare, Japan (MHLW) reported an
imported case of laboratory-confirmed 2019-novel coronavirus (2019-nCoV) from Wuhan,
Hubei Province, China.
• On 20 January 2020, National IHR Focal Point (NFP) for Republic of Korea reported the first
case of novel coronavirus in the Republic of Korea.
Situation update:
• As of 20 January 2020, 282 confirmed cases of 2019-nCoV have been reported from four
countries including China (278 cases), Thailand (2 cases), Japan (1 case) and the Republic of
Korea (1 case);
• Cases in Thailand, Japan and Republic of Korea were exported from Wuhan City, China;
• Among the 278 cases confirmed in China, 258 cases were reported from Hubei Province, 14
from Guangdong Province, five from Beijing Municipality and one from Shanghai Municipality;

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
  • Trips: 4 - 10
From 'paper masks' to 'flight bans' Trench's 'thinking' demonstrates he hasn't THUNK.

Before this virus was identified the Chinese were all over the world celebrating New Year.

Italy banned flights from China...

Which Euro nation has it worst?

'Thank you'...

Because of the Coronavirus and the higher payments Italy is expected to pay to the EU as we leave it after the transition period Italy's economy is now predicted to go into recession:

http://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.france24.com/en/20200302-italy-faces-recession-as-coronavirus-hits-economy

Looks like post Brexit Britain will be snapping on the heels of Germany for top spot of strongest economic power in Europe, who would have thought that, hey Mobers :D
"If you make your own bread, then and only then, are you a free man unchained and alive living in pooty tang paradise, or say no and live in Incel island with all the others." - Krimster

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
Looked in the shops again today, pretty much the same state with more panic buying keeping stocks of toilet roll low and hand was out in most stores, managed to find some in my local Sainsbury's supermarket that still had a reasonable few and some of the decent stuff. More panic buying likely to continue over the weekend I reckon.
"If you make your own bread, then and only then, are you a free man unchained and alive living in pooty tang paradise, or say no and live in Incel island with all the others." - Krimster

Offline msmob

Because of the Coronavirus and the higher payments Italy is expected to pay to the EU as we leave it after the transition period Italy's economy is now predicted to go into recession:

http://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.france24.com/en/20200302-italy-faces-recession-as-coronavirus-hits-economy

Looks like post Brexit Britain will be snapping on the heels of Germany for top spot of strongest economic power in Europe, who would have thought that, hey Mobers :D

I note you're still a slave to google re your links :(

I note how 'well' UK PLC is doing ..

FlyBe bust  ( some blame apportioned to COVID-19! )

John Lewis going to close stores

Kingfisher ( B&Q / Screwfix - as you mentioned them ) in so much of a tailspin they're out of the FTSE 100 ...

Yup ... 'Trench' is as on the ball, as ever

PS the GBP was 1.15 v Euro ( down from your 'boastful - look at how 'Brexit' is wonderful in Feb ..)  of 1.23, this afo'  ..

( it was 1.40 pre the thought Brexit suicide might happen )

Spin on ...   'Project Fear' will be fact ....

Looked in the shops again today, pretty much the same state with more panic buying keeping stocks of toilet roll low and hand was out in most stores, managed to find some in my local Sainsbury's supermarket that still had a reasonable few and some of the decent stuff. More panic buying likely to continue over the weekend I reckon.

I expected your requirements for toilet roll may be higher ... 

Online Faux Pas

As someone who buys from China - on a monthly or bi-monthly basis - we are advised to place orders and expect them to be shipped a week to ten days before the official break ... as China winds down to a halt ... as many workers are allowed to travel across the nation ..   

http://www.morethanshipping.com/the-chinese-new-years-effects-on-the-shipping-industry/

Hmm, so much for your latest drive-by troll ..

YUP, 'We' can and do ...

Wrong, once more .. Westerners actually live, work and/ or study there ... 23rd Jan..

You are on a roll of fails ..

http://www.who.int/docs/default-source/coronaviruse/situation-reports/20200121-sitrep-1-2019-ncov.pdf?sfvrsn=20a99c10_4

Event highlights from 31 December 2019 to 20 January 2020:
• On 31 December 2019, the WHO China Country Office was informed of cases of pneumonia
unknown etiology (unknown cause) detected in Wuhan City, Hubei Province of China. From
31 December 2019 through 3 January 2020, a total of 44 case-patients with pneumonia of
unknown etiology were reported to WHO by the national authorities in China. During this
reported period, the causal agent was not identified.
• On 11 and 12 January 2020, WHO received further detailed information from the National
Health Commission China that the outbreak is associated with exposures in one seafood
market in Wuhan City.
• The Chinese authorities identified a new type of coronavirus, which was isolated on 7
January 2020.
• On 12 January 2020, China shared the genetic sequence of the novel coronavirus for
countries to use in developing specific diagnostic kits.
• On 13 January 2020, the Ministry of Public Health, Thailand reported the first imported case
of lab-confirmed novel coronavirus (2019-nCoV) from Wuhan, Hubei Province, China.
• On 15 January 2020, the Ministry of Health, Labour and Welfare, Japan (MHLW) reported an
imported case of laboratory-confirmed 2019-novel coronavirus (2019-nCoV) from Wuhan,
Hubei Province, China.
• On 20 January 2020, National IHR Focal Point (NFP) for Republic of Korea reported the first
case of novel coronavirus in the Republic of Korea.
Situation update:
• As of 20 January 2020, 282 confirmed cases of 2019-nCoV have been reported from four
countries including China (278 cases), Thailand (2 cases), Japan (1 case) and the Republic of
Korea (1 case);
• Cases in Thailand, Japan and Republic of Korea were exported from Wuhan City, China;
• Among the 278 cases confirmed in China, 258 cases were reported from Hubei Province, 14
from Guangdong Province, five from Beijing Municipality and one from Shanghai Municipality;

Moobs I've dealt with a lot of morons in my day but never a bigger one than you. You make false claims google and post shit that does not support those false claims and then peacock as if you've achieved something. You're too stupid to realize someone might actually read those lazy links. If you've done anything you've torpedoed your own claims. Your sources are almost as good as Boe's several clients. NOWHERE in your supplied link or in your time line is there a connection to the claim you made earlier or Boe attempted to support you on is valid. Admit it, you made it up.  You buy something from China 2 times a week?

:ROFL:

Damn near everybody around the world is buying something from China 2 times a week. THERE IS NO CONNECTION TO THE VIRUS OR THE GLOBAL SPREAD OF THE VIRUS connected to the Chinese taking their New Years Holiday.

I am never astounded at the lengths you'll go to state a conclusion and then attempt to make something up to support it. Such a moron

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
Governments are not acting like this virus isn't more dangerous than the flu though.

You're quite right Billy they go on about it being similar to the flu but then they go quarantining people who have it, they talk of cancelling large public gatherings, perhaps even any gatherings then don't rule out quarantining whole towns, cities or areas. That is the UK government response and probably most of the west also. So something isn't quite adding up. If it was just people with pre-existing conditions they would just focus on them, no need to upset the whole economy & society.

Could be in for a long haul on this one.

Offline BillyB

Could be in for a long haul on this one.

Everything is getting longer. Right now a 7 day cruise lasts at least 30 days....if you survive that long. After the cruise ship disaster in Japan with over 700  infected including the ship's quarantine officer, I can imagine the regret the passengers off the coast of California feel for not cancelling. If this keeps up, it may be cheaper for cruise ship companies to shut down. Lawsuits aren't pretty.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/vp-pence-says-21-people-on-the-grand-princess-cruise-ship-off-california-coast-have-tested-positive-for-coronavirus/ar-BB10QVn0?ocid=spartanntp

China is faking their recovery citizens claim. The pretend everybody is at work leaving the lights on in buildings when that is not true.  Zhejiang, an province east of the epicenter city of Wuhan, claimed as of Feb. 24 it had restored 98.6 percent of its pre-coronavirus work capacity. Zhejiang is the province that reports 1147 recoveries and only one death a ratio less deadlier than influenza. If you believe the Chinese government, go ahead and visit for vacation or for business. Vacation packages are cheap now.

http://www.yahoo.com/news/chinas-coronavirus-recovery-fake-whistleblowers-191300391.html

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
Everything is getting longer. Right now a 7 day cruise lasts at least 30 days....if you survive that long.

China is faking their recovery citizens claim. The pretend everybody is at work leaving the lights on in buildings when that is not true.  Zhejiang, an province east of the epicenter city of Wuhan, claimed as of Feb. 24 it had restored 98.6 percent of its pre-coronavirus work capacity. Zhejiang is the province that reports 1147 recoveries and only one death a ratio less deadlier than influenza. If you believe the Chinese government, go ahead and visit for vacation or for business. Vacation packages are cheap now.

http://www.yahoo.com/news/chinas-coronavirus-recovery-fake-whistleblowers-191300391.html

Lol, so funny but true Billy :D

Just think of all those huge expensive luxury cruise ships laying around unused, that's going to hit those cruise companies hard and many may not survive. Doubt they thought that would ever happen. Some big losers in the business world are no doubt going to occur with some investors financially ruined by it I would imagine.

Anyway, Italy has some figures out:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-51777049

So approximately just over 4 percent of cases result in death, though Italy has a large elderly population so in other countries it could likely be a bit less, perhaps around 3 percent at a guess, probably mostly elderly with existing medical conditions.

Perhaps they are worried about this virus mutating into something far worse. The bird flu virus at the end of the first world war killed a lot of people but with that one it was the young, mostly under 30 with strong immune systems it hit hardest by turning their immune system against them.

We moved into the second phase of the virus according to the UK government the other day. I'm wondering if they are being fully honest with the general public in what we may be facing.

Offline BillyB

So approximately just over 4 percent of cases result in death,

Here's what the article said. "According to government data, 4.25% of confirmed coronavirus cases have died, the highest rate in the world."

Confirmed cases to dead is not mortality rate. Mortality rate is calculated after the confirmed cases finish their fight with the virus and then placed in the died or made a full recovery categories. Over 700 Italians have finished a battle with the virus. 197 died and 523 recovered for a mortality rate of over 27%  For the almost 4000 Italians currently infected and fighting for their lives, they will soon be placed in one of those two categories. If one person dies out of 4 holds, Italy will soon have over a thousand people dead...if they don't have any new infections to report. Italy's and South Korea's numbers look grim but they are realistic because of honest reporting by those nations.

http://gisanddata.maps.arcgis.com/apps/opsdashboard/index.html#/bda7594740fd40299423467b48e9ecf6

Online krimster2

we are now over 300 cases here in the USA, the disease is growing quickly, but is still in the linear growth phase, but most of the new cases are now derived from local unknown sources
I expect to see a lot of things disappear from store shelves by the end of next week...
we are also totally out of testing kits, and this is a catastrophe, the CDC said, the result of recent budgetary cuts

if this thing hits the exponential phase this flu season then we'll have 100,000 cases like China
China's first documented case was in December, late in the flu season
it's likely there were earlier undetected cases that built a reservoir of the disease
that took off when the temp was just right 36-51 DEGREE F.

look at your area, and check for when you have this temperature range
this temperature is the top range of the ideal temp for the virus to propagate
so if it gets even colder it will spread more....

so why hasn't this spread in Russia, you may ask, considering the length of the border and contact points in the far east
is there a reason, hmmmmm........
maybe there is.......

« Last Edit: March 06, 2020, 07:57:03 PM by krimster2 »

Offline BillyB

we are also totally out of testing kits, and this is a catastrophe, the CDC said, the result of recent budgetary cuts

Budgetary cuts and government are not to blame for being out of test kits. Test kits were ordered and made over a month ago but their was a manufacturing defect. Over a million test kits are being distributed this weekend and the manufacturing of them will continue. There's another test that can be done. Swab a suspect person's mouth and take a culture. Send it to a lab. If they don't recognize the virus, consider it COVID-19.

http://techcrunch.com/2020/03/06/trying-to-make-up-for-lost-time-the-cdc-will-distribute-1-1-million-covid-19-tests-this-weekend/

Offline msmob

Moobs I've dealt with a lot of morons in my day but never a bigger one than you. You make false claims google and post shit that does not support those false claims and then peacock as if you've achieved something. You're too stupid to realize someone might actually read those lazy links. If you've done anything you've torpedoed your own claims. Your sources are almost as good as Boe's several clients. NOWHERE in your supplied link or in your time line is there a connection to the claim you made earlier or Boe attempted to support you on is valid. Admit it, you made it up.  You buy something from China 2 times a week?

:ROFL:

Damn near everybody around the world is buying something from China 2 times a week. THERE IS NO CONNECTION TO THE VIRUS OR THE GLOBAL SPREAD OF THE VIRUS connected to the Chinese taking their New Years Holiday.

I am never astounded at the lengths you'll go to state a conclusion and then attempt to make something up to support it. Such a moron

So, just another drive by troll and no facts to support dissing any facts I posted...!

1/ Buying from.China directly...not via (say) Walmart

2/ I received lots of emails from suppliers deliniating their plans for the Chinese New Year, what I could expect would still operate or not...No need to 'Google'...I request quotes 2/ 4 times a week..Gosh, I even talk about how things are for them....

3/ My sources are govt bodies, the World Health Organisation and biz partners who are even better qualified to understand micro biology than I...

'Thank you'

Offline Gator

Not true as BillyB explained.

You are watching too much CNN.  CNN is purposefully creating anxiety for political reasons, citing any opportunity to purport Trump is not doing his job.     

Krimster - who should know that panic when facing a foe is your worst enemy.  As your anxiety builds, you will not do your job to protect your family, and will instead seek the Bill Clinton therapy from your female acquaintances.  ;D ;D

if this thing hits the exponential phase this flu season then we'll have 100,000 cases like China

Wrong. if exponential, it will hit millions, not 100,000, and in weeks.  Confirm your exponent; do your calculations. 

Not to fear, the US and its citizens are taking steps to disrupt exponential growth.

China's first documented case was in December, late in the flu season
it's likely there were earlier undetected cases that built a reservoir of the disease
that took off when the temp was just right 36-51 DEGREE F.

China's first case was quite possibly October, and the sonofabitches kept it secret until the end of December.  Even so, the exponential (logarithmic) phase was short lived in China, based on their reported data.  I showed this earlier, so I surmise you are one of those who ignore scientific research and instead scream "We are going to die!"   This does not help your anxiety. 

Why did China's growth slow?  They interrupted the opportunity for social contact.  Also, people followed preventive measures.  You can choose to do the same. 

look at your area, and check for when you have this temperature range [ed. 31-51]

Speculation.   Hopefully true, because Florida rarely goes below 51.  :)  Our Florida cases so far (six, including two deaths) correspond to traveling to Italy or China.  One case was diagnosed COVID-19 only after the patient died.  Makes one wonder about the "unknown," yet no reason to panic. 

so why hasn't this spread in Russia...maybe there is.......

If a multiple choice question and not rhetorical, there are at least 5 plausible choices. 

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
Here's what the article said. "According to government data, 4.25% of confirmed coronavirus cases have died, the highest rate in the world."

Confirmed cases to dead is not mortality rate. Mortality rate is calculated after the confirmed cases finish their fight with the virus and then placed in the died or made a full recovery categories. Over 700 Italians have finished a battle with the virus. 197 died and 523 recovered for a mortality rate of over 27%  For the almost 4000 Italians currently infected and fighting for their lives, they will soon be placed in one of those two categories. If one person dies out of 4 holds, Italy will soon have over a thousand people dead...if they don't have any new infections to report. Italy's and South Korea's numbers look grim but they are realistic because of honest reporting by those nations.

http://gisanddata.maps.arcgis.com/apps/opsdashboard/index.html#/bda7594740fd40299423467b48e9ecf6

You're right Billy, good work! That's a shockingly high mortality rate when you think about it, just over a quarter of all those that have fought the virus to the conclusion have died. I reckon the news services must have been told to avoid giving out the actual figures or at least were just misled themselves with the figures twisted with those still fighting the illness.

I know Italy has a high elderly population but I wonder if all of those 27 percent are elderly with underlying health problems? I somewhat can't help thinking that it surely can't be all elderly with underlying health problems. At around a quarter of people dying from it I can see why the Government are taking it so seriously here now.

Here we have only had 2 people die so far both elderly with underlying health problems. One I think wasn't recieving any medical treatment they just found out afterwards that he had died odd it. I think yesterday's total infected brought us to 167 cases, I can't find any figures for those that have survived it so far, with a two week battle and about roughly 30 saying they have been infected over previous day's each day I guess it can't be more than 30 ish if that, that have gone through it all. So maybe at least 10-20 percent there. Looking too early to tell on the figures as the recent rise is probably mostly only over this past week, in the next week or so if the figures pitch up to anywhere near a quarter of people dying I think that is when you will see people really panic in the UK and no doubt the US too.

Online Faux Pas

So, just another drive by troll and no facts to support dissing any facts I posted...!

1/ Buying from.China directly...not via (say) Walmart

2/ I received lots of emails from suppliers deliniating their plans for the Chinese New Year, what I could expect would still operate or not...No need to 'Google'...I request quotes 2/ 4 times a week..Gosh, I even talk about how things are for them....

3/ My sources are govt bodies, the World Health Organisation and biz partners who are even better qualified to understand micro biology than I...

'Thank you'

Facts you posted? If you "could" or ever actually posted a fact I would have no need to diss it. The problem is, you haven't posted one. Your google search only supported something you did not state. That some Chinese folks in the shipping business take off a bit early to celebrate the New Year. That information has absolutely NOTHING to do with what you stated as fact but alas, was nothing more than another Moobs lie. Your need to win a disagreement on the internet and your use of false information in an attempt to do so but BAM, you Mr. Moobs are busted again. But don't let the truth get in the way of your lie

Online krimster2

“Wrong. if exponential, it will hit millions, not 100,000, and in weeks.  Confirm your exponent; do your calculations. “

not calculations, just observations, something I'm actually quite good at
EVENTUALLY, if no vaccine is developed, or if some other variable doesn't slow it down it will hit this number, but it will probably take several years to do so
China went from first reported case to “shutdown mode” in about 8 weeks
it currently has 100,000+ infected and it's slowing down due to temp
but this is only the first season....

I expect this to restart “with a vengeance” at the beginning of flu season in October
it really likes a cooler temperature....
if it does get to the million mark, we’re talking a “Walking Dead” scenario

“You are watching too much CNN.  CNN is purposefully creating anxiety for political reasons,”

really? Donald Trump, is that important to you that the whole universe revolves around him does it?
I though only he felt that way...

journalists are trying to warn people....
you know, do their job

look at the current situation in Wuhan...
do you think people here should be warned, so they can prepare
or...
instead you tell them, they can go to work if they have the virus, the virus will disappear, it’s under control
that it’s all just a democratic hoax
these are the words “dear leader” has been promoting...
AND YOU...

you choose who you listen to, and so will I...
I’ll listen to the CDC director, before Trump fires her....

BTW, I am NOT panicking....
I have no fear of dying, I have massive scars all over me, from the many times death tried to snatch me, I know he’ll win in the end of course, but we’re old friends, he and I
we greet each other warmly whenever we cross paths, which of late has been rather frequent

also, when I play a game
I never play defense
I only play offense

« Last Edit: March 07, 2020, 08:40:13 AM by krimster2 »

Offline msmob

Facts you posted? If you "could" or ever actually posted a fact I would have no need to diss it. The problem is, you haven't posted one. Your google search only supported something you did not state. That some Chinese folks in the shipping business take off a bit early to celebrate the New Year. That information has absolutely NOTHING to do with what you stated as fact but alas, was nothing more than another Moobs lie. Your need to win a disagreement on the internet and your use of false information in an attempt to do so but BAM, you Mr. Moobs are busted again. But don't let the truth get in the way of your lie

'Busted' by a 'gentleman' who simply refused to engage in a reasoned discourse as to any flaw - other than some bizarre reason to shout 'LIAR' based on .... his 'feeliz'...?

Ri-ight ..

In the meantime..

You're right Billy, good work! That's a shockingly high mortality rate when you think about it, just over a quarter of all those that have fought the virus to the conclusion have died. I reckon the news services must have been told to avoid giving out the actual figures or at least were just misled themselves with the figures twisted with those still fighting the illness.

I know Italy has a high elderly population but I wonder if all of those 27 percent are elderly with underlying health problems? I somewhat can't help thinking that it surely can't be all elderly with underlying health problems. At around a quarter of people dying from it I can see why the Government are taking it so seriously here now.

Here we have only had 2 people die so far both elderly with underlying health problems. One I think wasn't recieving any medical treatment they just found out afterwards that he had died odd it. I think yesterday's total infected brought us to 167 cases, I can't find any figures for those that have survived it so far, with a two week battle and about roughly 30 saying they have been infected over previous day's each day I guess it can't be more than 30 ish if that, that have gone through it all. So maybe at least 10-20 percent there. Looking too early to tell on the figures as the recent rise is probably mostly only over this past week, in the next week or so if the figures pitch up to anywhere near a quarter of people dying I think that is when you will see people really panic in the UK and no doubt the US too.

So now we have Trench and BillyB as proponents of a risible 'mortality rate'..

These are the guys who suggested face masks are useful for the general public  :rolleyes:

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8883
Latest: Leroy14
New This Month: 1
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 541009
Total Topics: 20849
Most Online Today: 2013
Most Online Ever: 12701
(January 14, 2020, 07:04:55 AM)
Users Online
Members: 11
Guests: 1898
Total: 1909

+-Recent Posts

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Today at 02:48:08 PM

Re: What to do by krimster2
Today at 01:09:03 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Trenchcoat
Today at 12:51:13 PM

Re: What to do by Trenchcoat
Today at 12:33:48 PM

Re: If you don't know what you are talking about, post away anyway by Trenchcoat
Today at 12:24:44 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Today at 11:16:08 AM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by ML
Today at 10:31:43 AM

Re: What to do by krimster2
Today at 09:47:10 AM

What to do by 2tallbill
Today at 09:37:41 AM

Re: If you don't know what you are talking about, post away anyway by 2tallbill
Today at 09:18:17 AM