It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: Coronavirus, how are you preparing for it and how it is affecting you so far?  (Read 439840 times)

Offline Boethius

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: No Selection
Aren't flu shots already widely available, BC?

After SARS, flu shots became very readily accessible across Canada, and provincial health authorities advise all to get them.  You can go to a physician's office or a pharmacy to receive a flu shot.  At pharmacies, you just go in, tell them you want a shot, and about 15 minutes later, you're on your way.  Some offices arrange to have health nurses come in and give shots to workers.  The shots are covered by healthcare here, so are free to those receiving them.

This post was composed without the aid of google.

After the fall of communism, the biggest mistake Boris Yeltsin's regime made was not to disband the KGB altogether. Instead it changed its name to the FSB and, to many observers, morphed into a gangster organisation, eventually headed by master criminal Vladimir Putin. - Gerard Batten

Online krimster2

• Spouse's Country: Russia
  • Trips: Resident
makes sense, a bit of info that gets lost
if you look at the Chinese data....
while Covid-19 is raging, flu infections are ALSO up 50% simultaneously...

Offline BC

• Trips: 4 - 10
Aren't flu shots already widely available, BC?

Yes, they are readily available, but not everyone gets them yearly.  I'd guess around half do, half don't which even applies for the US.  Here the risk groups get it free and for the rest, it's still an option they avoid.   Many tens of thousands could live a bit longer if flu shots were mandated for all.

Offline ML

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
  • Trips: > 10
GQ:  “Good luck on that. May you have a speedy recovery.”

Gator: “Good luck!    Do you come home after the surgery, or do you stay in the hospital?”

Thanks fellas.

As always, whether one goes home immediately or stays overnight depends on . . .
A beautiful woman is pleasant to look at, but it is easier to live with a pleasant acting one.

Offline BillyB

makes sense, a bit of info that gets lost
if you look at the Chinese data....
while Covid-19 is raging, flu infections are ALSO up 50% simultaneously...

China may report someone as having or died from the flu or other illnesses when in fact they have COVID-19. Helps keep the COVID-19 numbers down so people don't think things are so bad in China.
Fund the audits, spread the word and educate people, write your politicians and other elected officials. Stay active in the fight to save our country. Over 220 generals and admirals say we are in a fight for our survival like no other time since 1776.

Offline Gator

The one positive side of all this is that aside from showing how unprepared we are for such, maybe folks will start thinking that it is better to mandate flu shots for everyone next year, especially if a Covid vaccine can be combined with flu shots.

Flu shots are free yet some idiots forgo it.

Reference your comment about being unprepared.   That certainly showed in regard to the limited availability of testing, now being corrected.  The Global Health Security Index for 2019 ranked the preparedness of the world's nations.

The United States was named as the country with the strongest measures in place and it came first with 83.5 out of 100. The United Kingdom came second with 77.9 followed by the Netherlands with 75.6. China, which has initiated a series of lockdowns in response to the outbreak, comes 51st with a score of 48.2.

http://www.statista.com/chart/20629/ability-to-respond-to-an-epidemic-or-pandemic/

http://www.ghsindex.org/

The US is ranked the best, yet hysterics abound. 

Don't travel to Somalia.  Imagine what will happen if this disease reaches underdeveloped nations. 

Online Faux Pas

You are free to challenge the wisdom of such laws .... 

Naturally YOU can't fathom civil liberties and freedom being stripped as we speak. I'm not surprised

What ?  That's supposed to be some sort of comparison?
3200 deaths have you wringing your hands but 940,000 and you don't even blink? If you want a better comparison there were 280,000 deaths from influenza last year

Virus v a choice ?! ( Well it should be a choice )
There was no choice for the baby. Perhaps there should have been. It was the baby's life you know?

Makes one wonder how ANYONE  could believe govts like S.Korea, China and Italy are involved in  some giant conspiracy..

Who said that? You connected epidemic hysteria to conspiracy? Hummm

Online Faux Pas

I'm very optimistic I, my family, and most people on this forum can survive a battle of COVID-19. However, if it behaves like the cold virus and we have to battle it 2-3 times a year for the rest of our lives, most likely our deaths will be blamed on COVID-19 instead of something else.

Also, I'm not worried about being locked down by the government 30 days. I've had lots of experience. I'm married.

Nonetheless, I would recommend you start immediately on recommended for your size or heavy doses of vitamin C. The news outlets are quick to tell you how to wash your hands but none of them are discussing preventative measures with vitamin C " therapy. It has been showing great promise in Wuhan of all places. Vitamin C strengthens the immune system. You can take too little VC but you can't take too much. I'm not bullshitting you

Offline msmob

Naturally YOU can't fathom civil liberties and freedom being stripped as we speak. I'm not surprised

I have no problem with such laws - they are implemented to attempt to save lives .. Only an utter idiot would forget how I fight and win when laws are not implemented correctly ... guess what .. there's a time and a place and it's not now, in say, Italy .

3200 deaths have you wringing your hands but 940,000 and you don't even blink? If you want a better comparison there were 280,000 deaths from influenza last year

IF you'd been paying attention, you'll find that 'hand wringing' has not been something you've seen from me ... travelling about Europe / Asia ... :popcorn:

Again, we are discussing a virus ... NOT abortion .. and you can start a thread on that anytime .. 

Offline BillyB

Nonetheless, I would recommend you start immediately on recommended for your size or heavy doses of vitamin C. The news outlets are quick to tell you how to wash your hands but none of them are discussing preventative measures with vitamin C " therapy. It has been showing great promise in Wuhan of all places. Vitamin C strengthens the immune system. You can take too little VC but you can't take too much. I'm not bullshitting you

Thanks for the advice. My wife already started me on vitamins but I'll go ahead and buy heavy doses of Vitamin C because it does help the immune system.

I spoke to a friend of mine who once worked as a nurse and then a security guard for a hospital. Sometimes he'll run drills teaching medical personnel how to handle a biological, chemical, and nuclear situation within a hospital. He knows how dangerous this new virus is and I asked him if he thought the government is doing the right thing by downplaying it. He believes they are doing the right thing. He said there's a universal answer that works regardless if it's a person with a few days to live or a catastrophe that will kill a lot of people. When asked about a dire situation, the answer should always be "Everything is going to be alright".
Fund the audits, spread the word and educate people, write your politicians and other elected officials. Stay active in the fight to save our country. Over 220 generals and admirals say we are in a fight for our survival like no other time since 1776.

Offline GQBlues

• Trips: None (yet)

If at all possible, avoid Bingo parlors, Denny’s, Sizzlers, etc at least until there’s vaccine for this virus. 

Currently in my DR.’s office. Flu shots are free. He tells me Italy conducted a program yesterday where intubation is now called off for elderly people infected with covid-19 😢 They’re just gonna let them die. Social medicine for yah. Apparently it’s an exercise in futility when care and effort can instead by focused on the young. Lol.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/world/europe/coronavirus-in-italy-fills-hospital-beds-and-turns-doctors-into-patients/2020/03/03/60a723a2-5c9e-11ea-ac50-18701e14e06d_story.html

Costantino Troise, the head of the medical union Anaao Assomed, said medical workers accounted for about 5 percent of infections in Italy. He said recent funding cuts meant that even before the virus hit, the country had been facing a shortage of thousands of doctors and nurses.

FP you can overdose on Vit C. Best get your daily dose from food vs  supplement. The side effect isn’t bad though. It’s the acid property in the vitamin. You might need to stock up on toilet paper, is all

btw: Blood sampling for the physical, Physical, did EKG, flu shot, went through blood result with me, etc...no copay, no cost. Zip, zero, nada mullah...
« Last Edit: March 09, 2020, 04:33:15 PM by GQBlues »
Quote from: msmob
1. Because of 'man', global warming is causing desert and arid areas to suffer long, dry spell.
2. The 2018 Camp Fire and Woolsey California wildfires are forests burning because of global warming.
3. N95 mask will choke you dead after 30 min. of use.

Online Faux Pas

I have no problem with such laws - they are implemented to attempt to save lives .. Only an utter idiot would forget how I fight and win when laws are not implemented correctly ... guess what .. there's a time and a place and it's not now, in say, Italy .

IF you'd been paying attention, you'll find that 'hand wringing' has not been something you've seen from me ... travelling about Europe / Asia ... :popcorn:

Again, we are discussing a virus ... NOT abortion .. and you can start a thread on that anytime ..

You fight and win?
 :ROFL:

I am discussing the hype from the virus. Whether you like it or not, it is part of the discussion. The virus for the more level headed among us should be kept in prospective. Question authority. The deaths associated with it as well as the sickness is still low comparatively.

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
You fight and win?

I am discussing the hype from the virus. Whether you like it or not, it is part of the discussion. The virus for the more level headed among us should be kept in prospective. Question authority. The deaths associated with it as well as the sickness is still low comparatively.

The sickness on the surface is comparatively low, numbering in the UK at around 311 or so in a population of nearly 68 Million people. Yet the virus itself could be seen as a bit like an iceberg, many more can already have it but symptoms won't show themselves for up to 14 days, maybe even occasionally longer. It has also been alleged that some may have it and not realise as their symptoms are so mild, whether this is accurate remains to be seen.

Main problem is that once a person shows they have it what then? They could either recover quickly over the course of 14 days or so. They could recover but take a long time to recover, maybe weeks. They could fight the illness for several weeks then die or they may die fairly quickly (each as those with underlying health problems) within days.

Those that are in for the long fight to either recover or die after several weeks fighting the disease won't show in the statistics for weeks after first being diagnosed and added to the count of those that have contracted the virus. So in a country like the UK or US that are about around the same stage in the virus spread we likely won't know how dangerous the virus is or see the death rate climb for several weeks, perhaps in two to three weeks time from now. Since a lot of those cases may be those in for a long several week fight with the disease.

What we see early on is just mainly old people with underlying health problems that of course go fast. We don't see those that are younger and fitter that may not make it and go several weeks later. It gives the impression that it is just those with underlying health problems that will die but it is not necessarily the case.

I think this virus should give us pause for thought on how we go about our daily lives and how we, society and business organise ourselves. In my opinion we need to avoid a lot of unnecessary hand contact and close proximity in our everyday dealings with each other and find alternate ways to do things and remove all the unneeded close contact tasks.
"If you make your own bread, then and only then, are you a free man unchained and alive living in pooty tang paradise, or say no and live in Incel island with all the others." - Krimster

Offline BillyB

The whole nation of Italy with 60+ million people will now be locked down. Tens of millions of people on earth are getting locked down on a daily basis but there's no reason to panic so please remain calm and carry on. Everything is going to be alright.

http://www.yahoo.com/news/stocks-oil-prices-plunge-virus-085203396.html

Live coverage with VP Pence and Trump just happened. They've announced aid for individuals who lost their job and companies hurt due to the virus.

Offline BC

locked down is a loose term.  Stick around your town unless you have a good reason, like work or other regular biz where you need to go to another town, city or country.  Basically print a form that states your destination and reason for travel and carry it in case you get stopped for a control.  Kids are enjoying a month out of school and rest is pretty much normal aside from no gatherings, and events like the weekly market, movies etc.  Shopping malls will be pretty empty except for local folks.

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
The whole nation of Italy with 60+ million people will now be locked down. Tens of millions of people on earth are getting locked down on a daily basis but there's no reason to panic so please remain calm and carry on. Everything is going to be alright.

http://www.yahoo.com/news/stocks-oil-prices-plunge-virus-085203396.html

Live coverage with VP Pence and Trump just happened. They've announced aid for individuals who lost their job and companies hurt due to the virus.

That's f*cking shocking Billy :o I wondered if you were being serious when you said the whole of Italy is now on lockdown, had to go look at the news to see, absolutely stunned by it, and the 'experts' tell us not to panic, lol.

Just shows how serious we should all be taking this virus. Italy has gone down in a matter of weeks and unless we up our game significantly both in the UK and the US, we're next! A frightening thought indeed.
"If you make your own bread, then and only then, are you a free man unchained and alive living in pooty tang paradise, or say no and live in Incel island with all the others." - Krimster

Offline BillyB

locked down is a loose term.  Stick around your town unless you have a good reason, like work or other regular biz where you need to go to another town, city or country.  Basically print a form that states your destination and reason for travel and carry it in case you get stopped for a control.  Kids are enjoying a month out of school and rest is pretty much normal aside from no gatherings, and events like the weekly market, movies etc.  Shopping malls will be pretty empty except for local folks.

Look on the bright side BC, when people stay at home more often, sex happens more often. After this is over, I wouldn't be surprised to see a baby boom in Italy. Hopefully the lockdown Italy is employing works to slow and stop the spread of the virus. If the lock down doesn't work, expect more restrictions.

Offline BC

Currently in my DR.’s office. Flu shots are free. He tells me Italy conducted a program yesterday where intubation is now called off for elderly people infected with covid-19 😢 They’re just gonna let them die. Social medicine for yah. Apparently it’s an exercise in futility when care and effort can instead by focused on the young. Lol.

Has nothing at all to do with social medicine.  Here's the accurate info if you can read it. http://www.ilpost.it/2020/03/09/coronavirus-terapia-intensiva/

Here in Italy a large part of the 'lock down' if you want to call it that is to slow down the pace of infection so that hospital resources are not totally overwhelmed.  Basically says to be prudent with therapy and try to keep as many as possible off respirators.  Your doc is spreading a bit of hype.  I feel more comfortable here than I would in the US where per capita resources are considerably less and more difficulty with folks getting 'locked down' eventually overloading hospitals that will have to force some very tough choices.  Don't forget that those providing care are at higher risk for infection and will have to go home themselves further reducing treatment capacity.  Here they are pulling retired docs back into service and letting nursing students graduate early.

Online Faux Pas

The sickness on the surface is comparatively low, numbering in the UK at around 311 or so in a population of nearly 68 Million people. Yet the virus itself could be seen as a bit like an iceberg, many more can already have it but symptoms won't show themselves for up to 14 days, maybe even occasionally longer. It has also been alleged that some may have it and not realise as their symptoms are so mild, whether this is accurate remains to be seen.

Main problem is that once a person shows they have it what then? They could either recover quickly over the course of 14 days or so. They could recover but take a long time to recover, maybe weeks. They could fight the illness for several weeks then die or they may die fairly quickly (each as those with underlying health problems) within days.

Those that are in for the long fight to either recover or die after several weeks fighting the disease won't show in the statistics for weeks after first being diagnosed and added to the count of those that have contracted the virus. So in a country like the UK or US that are about around the same stage in the virus spread we likely won't know how dangerous the virus is or see the death rate climb for several weeks, perhaps in two to three weeks time from now. Since a lot of those cases may be those in for a long several week fight with the disease.

What we see early on is just mainly old people with underlying health problems that of course go fast. We don't see those that are younger and fitter that may not make it and go several weeks later. It gives the impression that it is just those with underlying health problems that will die but it is not necessarily the case.

I think this virus should give us pause for thought on how we go about our daily lives and how we, society and business organise ourselves. In my opinion we need to avoid a lot of unnecessary hand contact and close proximity in our everyday dealings with each other and find alternate ways to do things and remove all the unneeded close contact tasks.

Your line of thought is perpetuating the hysteria. The media can not let it rest and ignores other news of the world. Worldwide some 94,000 have contracted the virus 3200 have died many of those are elderly and other under lying issues. The contagion of the virus is 2. The contagion of SARS was 4 and for the measles is 18. 55,000 of the 94,000 recovered.

It is okay to assume for a minute that the panic caused by the mainstream media is just that, panic. The tip of the iceberg? Hardly. We'll see more cases of that I had no doubt. There's no epidemic even yet much less a pandemic. What you should be asking yourself is why now? COVID isn't ebola, it isn't even SARS or seasonal influenza. Yet all MSM news outlets gloss over that factoid.

I'm not at all indicating that measures shouldn't be taken to slow and stop the virus. Not at all but you should ask yourself, why this one and why now?

http://www.newsweek.com/coronavirus-update-50000-recoveries-global-cases-1490495?fbclid=IwAR2msbFukyVmi55VKAAaPfVmUNiMnzzD0RKAq9XVLtQ9J7TQn-3eObCNZlk

Offline BillyB

COVID isn't ebola, it isn't even SARS or seasonal influenza. Yet all MSM news outlets gloss over that factoid.

This virus is worse than all of those. Very dangerous. Mortality rate is intentionally underestimated. Unlike those other diseases, A person can infect others before showing symptoms. A cure may never be found.

Bill Gates have participated in a lot of philanthropy and his foundation has been there for every epidemic and he has become an expert himself since he studies these thing and have experienced past epidemics. On COVID he said "Covid-19 has started behaving a lot like the once-in-a-century pathogen we’ve been worried about." He didn't say that about SARS, Ebola, MERS and the various swine and birds flus that were experienced the last few decades.

http://www.newsweek.com/coronavirus-update-50000-recoveries-global-cases-1490495?fbclid=IwAR2msbFukyVmi55VKAAaPfVmUNiMnzzD0RKAq9XVLtQ9J7TQn-3eObCNZlk

Newsweek touts 50,000 people recovered. 80% of the weight of the report is based on what China is telling us and they are lying. They report only 3000 deaths but it's a lot more. The Chinese province of Zhejiang has a similar population to Italy and they've reported 1176 people recovered and only one person died from the virus. Italy reports they had 724 people making a full recovery and 463 people died. HUGE difference and I doubt the Chinese have much better immunity systems than Italians. But with reports from trustworthy nations, we begin to understand how truly dangerous this virus is. Go to the John Hopkins link below and click on all nations with 200 or more infections and see the dead and recovered numbers for those nations. Ignore China and Iran. Mortality rate from developed nations with good healthcare systems average about 30% which is much higher than what the media is reporting. China's reporting has watered down the mortality rate.

http://gisanddata.maps.arcgis.com/apps/opsdashboard/index.html#/bda7594740fd40299423467b48e9ecf6

Online krimster2

OMG!!!

so, if after colliding with an iceberg, the amount of water that flowed into the Titanic
increased by 20% each minute....

how long before the ship sinks?

oh, sorry...
I meant covid-19 cases in the USA and not the water entering the Titanic
and each day, and not each minute...

but the question remains...
how long before the ship sinks?

study a graph of USA cases and see where it correlates with China, Korea and Italy
how long before we shut down all schools in the USA?
what’s your guess? will it be weeks or months?

“hopefully, no one will blame the ship’s captain for this..."
is your ONLY regret, as you briefly dog paddle in the frigid North Sea
watching in horror as the HMS Titanic slips forever beneath the foaming waves...
really?

LMFAO!
Trump voters say the craziest stuff EVAH!
slovo!

all your bases belong to us!

« Last Edit: March 09, 2020, 06:30:17 PM by krimster2 »

Offline GQBlues

OMG!!!

“hopefully, no one will blame the ship’s captain for this..."
is your ONLY regret, as you briefly dog paddle in the frigid North Sea
watching in horror as the HMS Titanic slips forever beneath the foaming waves...
really?

LMFAO!
Trump voters say the craziest stuff EVAH!

slovo!

all your bases belong to us!

Well this Trump voter can easily point the error in this statement. Foam in seawater/waves is caused by dissolving protein or organic in the water such as algae churned by the waves. The water was still the night titanic sunk. Frigid waters, as was the case with Titanic, was in the low 40s, if not colder, which means decay, decomposition or dissolving of protein is hardly possible to churn the seawater to foam. Algae require a minimum of 60 degrees to survive.

Sorry but this is taught in elementary level oceanography class.

FWIW and yes, I will vote for Trump again
« Last Edit: March 09, 2020, 07:08:58 PM by GQBlues »
1. Because of 'man', global warming is causing desert and arid areas to suffer long, dry spell.
2. The 2018 Camp Fire and Woolsey California wildfires are forests burning because of global warming.

Online krimster2

why is there foam in a pint of stout then, eh?
it comes from gas trapped in a liquid bubbling to the top...
cuz of the algae?
not in what I drink...
and I got all the way up to jr high school in ADVANCED PLACEMENT Oceanography....
elementary oceanography.... haha, they didn't even cover hydrothermal vents in elementary school...
you were probably scraping all the mussels off the rocks for dinner on your field trips to!!!
wearing your little straw hat...

« Last Edit: March 09, 2020, 07:17:55 PM by krimster2 »

Offline GQBlues

Because of carbon dioxide released when the pressure is alleviated. The carbon is derived/created from the residual hops/ barley/ grain that fermented to make that beer.  Soda pop do the same thing although it lacks the grain properties to hold its shape/foam. They call this beer head.

Just helping out, is all.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2020, 07:17:37 PM by GQBlues »

Online krimster2

wow...so a compressed gas will float upwards through a dense liquid
physically mix with the liquid
and create a foam at the surface....

that was elementary school physics
discussing the physical properties of matter
you probably went to a disadvantaged school
and got the non AP version of this class

or just learned physics and chemistry "in the streets" like a lot of kids

« Last Edit: March 09, 2020, 07:31:15 PM by krimster2 »

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8883
Latest: Leroy14
New This Month: 1
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 541012
Total Topics: 20849
Most Online Today: 2013
Most Online Ever: 12701
(January 14, 2020, 07:04:55 AM)
Users Online
Members: 11
Guests: 1910
Total: 1921

+-Recent Posts

American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by 2tallbill
Today at 04:48:07 PM

Re: What to do by krimster2
Today at 04:37:18 PM

If you don't know what you are talking about, post away anyway by 2tallbill
Today at 04:17:08 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Today at 02:48:08 PM

Re: What to do by krimster2
Today at 01:09:03 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Trenchcoat
Today at 12:51:13 PM

Re: What to do by Trenchcoat
Today at 12:33:48 PM

Re: If you don't know what you are talking about, post away anyway by Trenchcoat
Today at 12:24:44 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Today at 11:16:08 AM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by ML
Today at 10:31:43 AM