It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: Hi and a few questions  (Read 8250 times)

Offline taoshorn

Hi and a few questions
« on: May 17, 2014, 01:47:32 PM »
Hi, I'm Ted, 42 and I live in Austin, Texas. I've been using US online dating services off and on for the past 10 years. At this point, I'm convinced I'll win the lottery before I meet an attractive, normal woman that's actually interested in me. Every woman I've dated (before the online dating thing) was attractive and pretty well adjusted, including my ex-wife and ex-fiancee. I just can't seem to connect with any others like them online. In the past, I've had no problems meeting and landing dates through friends/parties/clubs/work/etc, but unfortunately, those opportunities have become scarce.

All of my friends are now married or have moved away. The ones that are married don't have hot friends-of-wives to set me up with. I work from home, so I don't meet any women at work. I don't really like the club/bar scene anymore, so that's really not an option. I'm left with US online dating, which so far has proved to be a waste of time and money. So I've decided to try the international dating scene.

Are there any other dating sites with the same format as Ukraine date? I like it's setup and it's easy to create profiles with other CupidMedia sites. I've read the thread on getting started, but there were complaints that some of the sites listed are no longer relevant or reliable. I've always been attracted to FSU/Eastern European women, so I'd like to get registered on some quality sites, which hopefully you guys can recommend.

Thanks

Offline Larry1

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: 4 - 10
Re: Hi and a few questions
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2014, 02:26:56 PM »
Hi, I'm Ted, 42 and I live in Austin, Texas. I've been using US online dating services off and on for the past 10 years. At this point, I'm convinced I'll win the lottery before I meet an attractive, normal woman that's actually interested in me. Every woman I've dated (before the online dating thing) was attractive and pretty well adjusted, including my ex-wife and ex-fiancee. I just can't seem to connect with any others like them online. In the past, I've had no problems meeting and landing dates through friends/parties/clubs/work/etc, but unfortunately, those opportunities have become scarce.

... I'm left with US online dating, which so far has proved to be a waste of time and money. So I've decided to try the international dating scene.

Your experience with US online dating is the same as my experience.  I had no problem finding dates; I had hundreds of them over my years of online dating here.  But I could not find an attractive, non-overweight, well-adjusted AW who was interested in a longterm relationship leading to marriage with me.  So I followed the advice of a friend and began a search in FSU.  Very soon after beginning my search I was stunned by the difference between the FSUW I talked to and visited and the AW I had dated.

Are there any other dating sites with the same format as Ukraine date? I like it's setup and it's easy to create profiles with other CupidMedia sites. I've read the thread on getting started, but there were complaints that some of the sites listed are no longer relevant or reliable. I've always been attracted to FSU/Eastern European women, so I'd like to get registered on some quality sites, which hopefully you guys can recommend.

I recommend LuckyLovers. 

lordtiberius

« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2014, 03:02:10 PM »
Go with the free sites like fdating and free personals.Ru

You have to have open eyes and expect the unexpected.  Have you picked a country?  Its good that you have made this a priority in your life.  Tooany don't.  Do you have an age range? Deal breakers?

Why the FSU? Why not other places?  As you get to know a people and a culture you feel an affection for them as a people.  You become an international.  Your dating life domestically picks up too.  But every culture has its blind spots.  Slavs - especially Eastern Slavs aren't very communicative or tolerant.  Homo Sovieticus is something you will deal with.  This ain't for everyone.  It is expensive and at times frustrating.  But it ain't rocket science.  You get what you give and if in the end you find what you are looking for who cares how the sausage is made?

Be yourself. Have fun. Travel.

PS. Be careful who you listen to

Offline BillyB

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
  • Trips: > 10
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2014, 03:07:39 PM »
I'm convinced I'll win the lottery before I meet an attractive, normal woman that's actually interested in me. Every woman I've dated (before the online dating thing) was attractive and pretty well adjusted, including my ex-wife and ex-fiancee.

Lots of good women in America but when they marry, they stay married. Second time around it becomes harder to find quality women. Here's a thread about some basics and sites you can use.

http://www.russianwomendiscussion.com/index.php?topic=14615.0
Fund the audits, spread the word and educate people, write your politicians and other elected officials. Stay active in the fight to save our country. Over 220 generals and admirals say we are in a fight for our survival like no other time since 1776.

Offline taoshorn

« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2014, 03:15:16 PM »
Thanks, but that's the thread I mentioned I had read where there were some concerns about the validity of the sites listed.

Offline taoshorn

« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2014, 03:18:12 PM »
Go with the free sites like fdating and free personals.Ru

You have to have open eyes and expect the unexpected.  Have you picked a country?  Its good that you have made this a priority in your life.  Tooany don't.  Do you have an age range? Deal breakers?

Why the FSU? Why not other places?  As you get to know a people and a culture you feel an affection for them as a people.  You become an international.  Your dating life domestically picks up too.  But every culture has its blind spots.  Slavs - especially Eastern Slavs aren't very communicative or tolerant.  Homo Sovieticus is something you will deal with.  This ain't for everyone.  It is expensive and at times frustrating.  But it ain't rocket science.  You get what you give and if in the end you find what you are looking for who cares how the sausage is made?

Be yourself. Have fun. Travel.

PS. Be careful who you listen to
I've also registered at a couple of Latin sites (love the Latinas too). I'm mainly interested in women 22-35 with no children. I don't have a specific body/hair/facial type that I'm looking for, just someone that's reasonably intelligent, attractive and not a goldigger.

lordtiberius

« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2014, 04:04:49 PM »
Its good to give qualifying candidates an equal opportunity.  On my first trip to Ukraine, I picked up a few honeys in the bar!  A lot of guys will say WOVO or WMVM.  If you have the $ & time, just travel and see where the road take a you.  I had zero luck on Mexicancupid.  This was a year and a half ago.  Then I went on Russian Cupid and I was hooked.  9 out of 10 girls I was talking to were scammers, but it happens.  I learned how to trace ISP and just got more aggressive on getting them to Skype with me.

Our culture sucks at getting men to communicate what they want.  Some say its a conspiracy but whatever it is, time is not your friend.  With me, my dating game went up because I got better at telling women what I wanted.  And I am a lard a$$.  Women are attracted to a man's confidence, potential and his track record.  It helps to be funny. 

Other sites I would check out - Facebook and Vk.  Coachsurfer. The free sites. Trip advisor.  Alexander Cherenko - a translator hook up dude in Luhansk gave me that advice after I found out I was talking to scammers for 3 weeks.

I chose Ukraine.  Russia is too far, too expensive and too crazy right now.  If you are on Facebook, look me up and I will friend suggest some honeys your way. I am on VK too.  I love helping people.

Offline Anotherkiwi

• Spouse's Country: Russia
  • Trips: 1 - 3
« Reply #7 on: May 20, 2014, 04:26:43 AM »
I've also registered at a couple of Latin sites (love the Latinas too). I'm mainly interested in women 22-35 with no children. I don't have a specific body/hair/facial type that I'm looking for, just someone that's reasonably intelligent, attractive and not a goldigger.

Firstly,  :welcome: Ted!

You said in your first post that you're 42.  Do you seriously think that an average 22 year old is interested in someone as old as their father?  I know it happens, but get real - you're looking for the love of your life, and just about every woman that age would be far more interested in partying with friends than being stuck with some old (to them) dude.

You don't make it clear if you want children - you just state that you want the object of your desire to be childless.  Don't buy into the hype dished out on websites about there being thousands of beautiful young FSU women ready to relocate to the West for love - there aren't that many who are seriously looking, and the ones that are are spoilt for choice.  Others have posted here that they don't think there is any point in approaching anyone under the age of 28 (or so), but I honestly think that even this would be stretching it for someone your age.  The average age gap between husband/wife or boyfriend/girlfriend in Russia and Ukraine is the same as most places - only a few years at most.  Of course there are exceptions but, as a percentage, it's a miniscule amount.

If you don't want children there is no need to concentrate on the young ones - there are many, MANY beautiful FSU women in their thirties or forties who are effectively "on the shelf" at home but could be a match for you.  If, on the other hand, you DO want children, I think that you're better off looking at someone in their early thirties (or maybe late twenties if she seems really compatible).

Whatever course of action you finally decide upon, I wish you the best of luck.  :thumbsup:

Offline Gator

« Reply #8 on: May 20, 2014, 05:12:30 AM »
Thanks, but that's the thread I mentioned I had read where there were some concerns about the validity of the sites listed.

Commonsense will enable you to use those sites.  Golddiggers and such are easily detected with time.

Elena's Models is a highly reputable agency and you correspond directly with the FSUW without going through agency fiction writers. 

Offline The Natural

« Reply #9 on: May 20, 2014, 06:51:31 AM »
If you don't want children there is no need to concentrate on the young ones - there are many, MANY beautiful FSU women in their thirties or forties who are effectively "on the shelf" at home but could be a match for you.

I agree. And With women a little older you get their life experience which might increase the chances of a good long time marriage.

I just Wonder, why is it so hard to find someone in the USA? I would think that a big city like Austin would present many suitable women for men in all ages. In a country of well over 100 million women of the opposite sex, surely they can't all be already committed, over-weight or mentally unstable?

Offline GQBlues

• Trips: None (yet)
« Reply #10 on: May 20, 2014, 09:23:37 AM »
...I've always been attracted to FSU/Eastern European women, so I'd like to get registered on some quality sites, which hopefully you guys can recommend...

....I recommend LuckyLovers.

I agree. I just checked a quick sampling of the site above and this is what it gave...

http://russian-women-in-houston.luckylovers.net/

I realize Houston is a little over 150 miles from you, but that's a skip and a hop compared to Ukraine or Russia. There was an agency owner who had passed away not too long ago who lived in Texas, and according to him and many members here before that there are a ton of Ukrainian/Russian women all over Texas.

You started online dating in your early 30s? Really?

Anyway, just a quick advice...FSUWs aren't particularly into fat men, LOL. If that is the case with you (not saying you are), maybe lose some of the poundage. That should help a lot!
« Last Edit: May 20, 2014, 09:27:27 AM by GQBlues »
Quote from: msmob
1. Because of 'man', global warming is causing desert and arid areas to suffer long, dry spell.
2. The 2018 Camp Fire and Woolsey California wildfires are forests burning because of global warming.
3. N95 mask will choke you dead after 30 min. of use.

Offline Lily

• Trips: Resident
« Reply #11 on: May 20, 2014, 12:07:16 PM »
Hi, I'm Ted, 42 and I live in Austin, Texas.

Hi Ted,

Were you using Plentyoffish? Out of curiousity, I made a search on PoF with keywords 30-50 yo, lives in Austin, within 200 miles, Russian as second language. Here are a few womens' profiles out of the 77 that came out as a result of that search:

Da, da, Canada; Nyet, nyet, Soviet!

Offline CDW

• Opted-Out
  • Spouse's Country: Other Eastern Europe
  • Trips: 1 - 3
« Reply #12 on: May 20, 2014, 02:47:44 PM »

Hi Ted,

Were you using Plentyoffish? Out of curiousity, I made a search on PoF with keywords 30-50 yo, lives in Austin, within 200 miles, Russian as second language. Here are a few womens' profiles out of the 77 that came out as a result of that search:

Wow I wish I already am living in Texas LOL

I am an X-MEN called "WOVO Man"

Offline XMan

« Reply #13 on: May 20, 2014, 06:41:35 PM »
Even that would not be enough to inspire me to relocate to Texas.

Offline northkape

« Reply #14 on: May 23, 2014, 08:23:38 AM »
I see nothing wrong about looking for a woman 15-20 years younger than yourself, if you feel comfortable with it.
If you are reasonably good looking, and young at mind, you will find a large amount of such women being interested in you.
But 95% of these ladies with no previous children, expects you to have a child together with them.

And in my opinion there is no better place to look today, than in the FSU.
The women who are willing to consider a foreign man, are generally well educated, and possessing the necessary motivation,
that is needed for learning and adapting to their new country, quickly and without major problems.

I was 44 when I found Lena on the Internet, then 22 years old, in Ukraine 14 years ago,,,
yes she was young, but very serious about marrying and having a family with children.
Even if we are divorcing now, I have no regrets, and would have done the same again if the clock was turned back.
Great years together, and a good friend for life, since we have children together.

I wouldn't waste too much time on free sites, there is too much noise, and a lot of writing for less results.

Fdate is somewhat acceptable, but still a lot of writing for less results.

Ukrainedate.com is OK,,, but a lot of fake profiles, fishing for your email address,,
which they will use for baiting you with that nice profile, and some pleasant personal letters....
When you have swallowed the bait and she has got you hooked,, your lady will try reeling you in on a pay per letter site..
A site like UADreams.com, are among those having a lot of baits out on Ukrainedate.com
If you are able to see through the baits,,, there are a lot of legit women there.

Much better is freeukrainianwomen.com
They are weeding out most fake profiles before listing them,,,,
and if someone slips through, they are usually removed within a day or two.
It is in my opinion the best dating site for finding a Ukraine woman on the Internet today.
A lot of serious women,, and you can set up a very good profile with lots of photos,,
(photos are very, very, no, actually extremely important to do right)
And they have online translation with back-translating, using google translate, + many more features..
No other site has given me more results, per hour spent on correspondence.

And I would concentrate all my searching in a relatively small geographical area, over a 3-6 months period of time.

Without a rental car,,, max radius of 200 km / 130 miles around Kiev, Moscow or St. Petersburg
With a rental car,,, max radius of 400 km / 250 miles around Kiev, Moscow or St. Petersburg

That will make it possible for you to have a short meeting with several prospects in a short amount of time.

Doing it this way, with a lot of correspondence and Skype + daily messaging,,
you should easily have a list of 5-10 very good prospects when you go there for a week or so.

You will not regret doing your homework before starting out,,,, I promise... smile

Offline oso

• Trips: Resident
« Reply #15 on: December 03, 2015, 01:06:18 AM »
Hello and welcome Ted,

I would like to throw my 2 cents in the pile also. You have been given good advice in the above post. Yes, there are many FSUW in your area, in the states and Canada. I think EM could be of some help there.

Personally I think introductions go a long way. Alex who was mentioned above has been displaced because of the war. Another way to meet a woman is to enroll in Russian language school....there are many who will Skype with you to learn.

If I were to go through the process again I would just travel to an area for vacation. As I live in Kyiv I have noticed it is not a problem to meet these women. There are some international expat sites that I found amazing on meeting real people just to hang out with.
I have been asked many times by women there if I wanted to go out and enjoy some of what Kyiv has to offer.
 If you PM me I will give you the site address

Also another idea is to do some business networking. Google Fryday's in Kyiv. You could also write off the trip as a business expense and meet some professionals.

I am not one of those who hangs out in a bar....and it is my opinion that is who you will find there, a bar fly...which you can meet in your town without traveling halfway around the world for.

If you are truly interested in meeting a woman from the FSU block, be prepared to travel and don't waste time getting here....when it is time to meet, saddle up and go

Also I do know some women that want to meet a man that are your age and have "high level" professions.

I hope this helps...and welcome to the forum :)

Offline LAman

« Reply #16 on: December 03, 2015, 04:17:38 PM »
Hello and welcome Ted,

I would like to throw my 2 cents in the pile also. You have been given good advice in the above post. Yes, there are many FSUW in your area, in the states and Canada. I think EM could be of some help there.

Personally I think introductions go a long way. Alex who was mentioned above has been displaced because of the war. Another way to meet a woman is to enroll in Russian language school....there are many who will Skype with you to learn.

If I were to go through the process again I would just travel to an area for vacation. As I live in Kyiv I have noticed it is not a problem to meet these women. There are some international expat sites that I found amazing on meeting real people just to hang out with.
I have been asked many times by women there if I wanted to go out and enjoy some of what Kyiv has to offer.
 If you PM me I will give you the site address

Also another idea is to do some business networking. Google Fryday's in Kyiv. You could also write off the trip as a business expense and meet some professionals.

I am not one of those who hangs out in a bar....and it is my opinion that is who you will find there, a bar fly...which you can meet in your town without traveling halfway around the world for.

If you are truly interested in meeting a woman from the FSU block, be prepared to travel and don't waste time getting here....when it is time to meet, saddle up and go

Also I do know some women that want to meet a man that are your age and have "high level" professions.

I hope this helps...and welcome to the forum :)

Always best to look at DATES when responding to old threads. Over 1 1/2 years old and OP posted only 3 times.  Either found a local gal or this journey wasn't for him.
Life isn't tied with a bow, but it's still a gift

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8884
Latest: Eugeneecott
New This Month: 0
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 541536
Total Topics: 20868
Most Online Today: 1801