It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: The Russian/Syrian connection thread  (Read 255484 times)

Offline tfcrew

• North Texas... Married 21 years
  • Spouse's Country: Ukraine
  • Trips: 4 - 10
Re: The Russian/Syrian connection thread
« Reply #1050 on: April 10, 2018, 02:36:41 PM »

The UN makes International law. They don't enforce International law. They'll send inspectors, observers and peacekeepers but they never send peacemakers.

Which illustrates the point that the United Nations is useless.

~There is no one more blind than those who refuse to see and none more deaf as those who will not listen~
~Think about the intelligence of the average person and then realize that half of the people are even more stupid than that~

Offline BillyB

• Trips: > 10
« Reply #1051 on: April 10, 2018, 03:20:52 PM »

Russia said they'll shoot our missiles and ships if they target Russian troops in Syria. Russian troops in Syria? Last December before the Russian presidential election Putin announced Russia's mission was accomplished and all Russian troops are coming home. Now the election is over, they're back? I don't think they ever left the country.

http://www.yahoo.com/news/russia-responds-trump-apos-military-172922094.html
Fund the audits, spread the word and educate people, write your politicians and other elected officials. Stay active in the fight to save our country. Over 220 generals and admirals say we are in a fight for our survival like no other time since 1776.

Offline SANDRO43

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: None (yet)
« Reply #1052 on: April 10, 2018, 05:11:16 PM »
Which illustrates the point that the United Nations is useless.
You - meaning the USA - were those who most pressed for its creation :D.
Milan's "Duomo"

Offline BillyB

« Reply #1053 on: April 10, 2018, 11:45:34 PM »

Upcoming attack on Syria may be big. France and UK may participate. French prez Macron said the upcoming attack will target Syrian chemical weapons stockpiles. Seems like Russia failed to rid the country of chemical weapons yet we know where they store them. Trump sending a carrier group over there. Russian and Iranian forces moving into safe zones in preparation for the anticipated spanking.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/ap-sources-us-france-and-uk-discuss-gas-attack-response/ar-AAvKbrt?ocid=ientp
Fund the audits, spread the word and educate people, write your politicians and other elected officials. Stay active in the fight to save our country. Over 220 generals and admirals say we are in a fight for our survival like no other time since 1776.

Offline msmob

• Spouse's Country: Russia
« Reply #1054 on: April 11, 2018, 12:01:37 AM »
Any attack will be for the benefit of voters rather than helping those on the ground. Too little too latearly. .Will the actions result in Russia ending support for the Al assad dynasty? 

True help would be aid forr refugees ..

Offline BillyB

« Reply #1055 on: April 11, 2018, 01:17:21 AM »
Will the actions result in Russia ending support for the Al assad dynasty? 

Russia is in this to the end. They need Assad to come out on top. Assad mortgaged his country to stay in power. If he's toppled, the new ruler of Syria probably won't be reimbursing Russia for their "help".

True help would be aid forr refugees ..

When this war is over, Assad will be happy to expel people who fought against him, their families and give them to Western nations. Some of your tax dollars will go to giving lifetime medical care for the war crippled and those with health problems due to exposure of chemical weapons. It's going to cost a lot. You are kinder than Putin. Some of the people you take in will grow bitter your country didn't do enough. Didn't back them when they needed it. Felt Western nations pulled out and abandoned them. They will teach their kids to hate. Bad things will happen after they rent a truck.

Offline msmob

« Reply #1056 on: April 11, 2018, 03:05:30 AM »
BillyB

You quote my points / questions but respond as if you never read them.

Let's try again... Will a response stop Al Assad from doing what he wants? Did it last time?

So, why not do something USEFUL, instead of using ordinance that will need to be replaced?

The time to act was long ago.

Offline fathertime

« Reply #1057 on: April 11, 2018, 05:11:02 AM »

Upcoming attack on Syria may be big. France and UK may participate. French prez Macron said the upcoming attack will target Syrian chemical weapons stockpiles. Seems like Russia failed to rid the country of chemical weapons yet we know where they store them. Trump sending a carrier group over there. Russian and Iranian forces moving into safe zones in preparation for the anticipated spanking.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/ap-sources-us-france-and-uk-discuss-gas-attack-response/ar-AAvKbrt?ocid=ientp
Russia has stated they will target where the missiles come from.  Generally the US strikes from afar with impunity.  If what Trump/Putin say is accurate, this will be different.  It is an unnecessary escalation, likely based on a lie.  Even many Trump supporters suspect it wasn't assad that suddenly used chemical weapons, yet we have bolton/trump leading the way, so bad things may happen.

Fathertime! 
I just happened to be browsing about the internet....

Offline msmob

« Reply #1058 on: April 11, 2018, 05:32:44 AM »
Russia has stated they will target where the missiles come from.  Generally the US strikes from afar with impunity.  If what Trump/Putin say is accurate, this will be different.  It is an unnecessary escalation, likely based on a lie.  Even many Trump supporters suspect it wasn't assad that suddenly used chemical weapons, yet we have bolton/trump leading the way, so bad things may happen.

Fathertime!

Based on your record of failing to accept defeat when your 'assumptions' - based on bollox data - are proven somewhat lacking - you'll forgive the guffaw ;)

I am NO Trump supporter and I know MUCH more about Syria than you....  Without doubt it was used in April last year - dropped from Syrian war planes - and the regime keeps denying it has such weapons - yet only one side - the anti-Assad side keeps getting gassed ..

Offline fathertime

« Reply #1059 on: April 11, 2018, 05:44:59 AM »
Based on your record of failing to accept defeat when your 'assumptions' - based on bollox data - are proven somewhat lacking - you'll forgive the guffaw ;)

I am NO Trump supporter and I know MUCH more about Syria than you....  Without doubt it was used in April last year - dropped from Syrian war planes - and the regime keeps denying it has such weapons - yet only one side - the anti-Assad side keeps getting gassed ..
    Despite your insistence, I don't believe you know much of anything about Syria, so I'm not buying your all encompassing creds. 

The anti Assad side has been gassed it seems, yet the timing of when these events occur has been more damaging to Assad...especially this time if indeed Trump decides to casually start lobbing missiles.  Last week Trump was talking about leaving altogether.  Why would Assad suddenly partake in an outrageous event like this, in order to keep Trump in Syria, to a far greater extent?  Makes no sense at all.

Fathertime! 

Offline alex330

« Reply #1060 on: April 11, 2018, 07:03:36 AM »
To those that do not believe Assad gassed his encircled enemies here is an alternate point of view.

When a city is surrounded and dug in it can be very difficult to finish up the task at hand. There are special tools or weapons designed to finish off the difficult task of urban warfare. In Fallujah we used SMAW's. Assad does not have access to these types of weapons, he has chemical weapons that are used to penetrate the hard to reach nooks and crannies.

Offline BillyB

« Reply #1061 on: April 11, 2018, 08:11:59 AM »
BillyB

You quote my points / questions but respond as if you never read them.

Let's try again... Will a response stop Al Assad from doing what he wants? Did it last time?

So, why not do something USEFUL, instead of using ordinance that will need to be replaced?

The time to act was long ago.

Read your previous post and this one. Your questions are clearly different. One thing is the same. You like to argue with everybody.

To those that do not believe Assad gassed his encircled enemies here is an alternate point of view.....

Russia has some of the best intelligence in the world. They would love to find evidence America framed Assad. Our allies would call us out in the open and not hide that from the world. The world will see America very differently and what would America gain by killing women and children that we want to rescue? We gain permission to bomb Assad. America could bomb Assad without the need of chemical weapons attack. The UN already found Assad guilty of multiple offenses.

Offline fathertime

« Reply #1062 on: April 11, 2018, 08:30:17 AM »
To those that do not believe Assad gassed his encircled enemies here is an alternate point of view.

When a city is surrounded and dug in it can be very difficult to finish up the task at hand. There are special tools or weapons designed to finish off the difficult task of urban warfare. In Fallujah we used SMAW's. Assad does not have access to these types of weapons, he has chemical weapons that are used to penetrate the hard to reach nooks and crannies.

Interesting,   we (The US) perhaps like to claim we use more humane weapons, yet tens of thousands of civilians have been killed over the past 15 years by us.     Not to mention we excused ourselves for using chemical weapons in the past and even nuclear ones.   I really don't think we have much of a leg to stand on, as usual. 

I also think this is another tactic used by the the US and a few other western nations.  The US tries to price, police, and regulate nations they disagree with, out of fighting back against rebel forces.  We just sold Saudi Arabia 100 billion in 'approved weapons' to which they are using to kill civilians in Yemen, which is seen as 'necessary'In my opinion the entire thing is disingenuous at minimum.   All that said, I don't see the evidence or motive for Assad to use gas at this time, with the war well in hand.

Fathertime! 

Offline msmob

« Reply #1063 on: April 11, 2018, 08:55:50 AM »
All that said, I don't see the evidence or motive for Assad to use gas at this time, with the war well in hand.

Which only goes to PROVE how little you know about Syria

Offline alex330

« Reply #1064 on: April 11, 2018, 09:15:56 AM »
Interesting,   we (The US) perhaps like to claim we use more humane weapons

Thermobaric weapons are more humane in that they obliterate those in the strike area. They can cause damage to innocents nearby, but generally do not as they are fired from the ground into buildings with accuracy.  Of course if a terrorist is in a home with his family, well....

Chemical weapons are dropped from above and highly inaccurate. Like fishing a reef with cyanide.

All that said, I don't see the evidence or motive for Assad to use gas at this time, with the war well in hand.

It's pretty obvious. Assads motive to use chemicals is to finish off the last opposition holdout. He cannot send his troops in and suffer massive losses in building to bldg urban warfare. He is dropping chemical weapons into Ghouta just as if you or I would toss rat poison up into the attic. It kills holed up rebels and causes massive psychological damage to his enemy. He is used to the West's half assed responses to his actions.

Offline fathertime

« Reply #1065 on: April 11, 2018, 09:26:17 AM »
Which only goes to PROVE how little you know about Syria
So far that is the extent of your incredible 'reasoning'.  Haha.   :ROFL:

Fathertime! 

Offline msmob

« Reply #1066 on: April 11, 2018, 12:46:24 PM »
So far that is the extent of your incredible 'reasoning'.

You have had chapter and verse, before..

You have never been there, do not know as many Syrians as I do and would not know what you were ordering in a Syrian restaurant..I am lucky enough to have seen places such as Palmyra before Daesh

You would be clueless in the Levant

Offline fathertime

« Reply #1067 on: April 11, 2018, 01:22:14 PM »
You have had chapter and verse, before..

You have never been there, do not know as many Syrians as I do and would not know what you were ordering in a Syrian restaurant..I am lucky enough to have seen places such as Palmyra before Daesh

You would be clueless in the Levant

I see, you have been to a Syrian restaurant, and feel that is very relevant to chemical weapons, Trump, and the American response.   Very sound reasoning, to be expected.
 :D

Fathertime! 

Offline msmob

« Reply #1068 on: April 11, 2018, 02:06:24 PM »
I see, you have been to a Syrian restaurant, and feel that is very relevant to chemical weapons, Trump, and the American response.   Very sound reasoning, to be expected.

Ri-ight - so even irony is beyond you.. 

*I* have been to Syrian Restaurants IN Syria ...

Unlike you, I can name every UN resolution that Russia and China have blocked to prop up Assad...   

You couldn't understand how utterly daft you sound every time to post something you think you know about Syria ..

I leave the floor to your ignorance

« Last Edit: April 11, 2018, 02:54:40 PM by msmob »

Offline fathertime

« Reply #1069 on: April 11, 2018, 02:23:59 PM »
Ri-ight - so even irony is beyond you.. 

*I* gave been to Syrian Restaurants IN Syria ...

Unlike you, I can name every UN resolution that Russia and China have blocked to prop up Assad...   

You couldn't understand how utterly daft you sound every time to post something you thing you know about Syria ..

I leave the floor to your ignorance
Thank you for posting more of your “all knowing” ignorance! 
I don’t recall feeling the need to prop up the opinions I have by stating (Or in your case)gloating about travels. I must say it isn’t impressive that you have ordered food in a Syrian restaurant, although in your strange mind it is. 

Thus far you have been unable to bolster your case.  Humorous how poorly you represent your views.

Fathertime! 

Offline BillyB

« Reply #1070 on: April 11, 2018, 04:03:24 PM »

Russia sends out 11 warships to track 2 American destroyers off the Syrian coast. Russia said it would attack the missiles and delivery systems(ships) if Syria is attacked. When an American carrier strike group arrives, we'll own the Mediterranean. Trump said he's going to attack Syria. Russia said it's going to attack delivery systems. Somebody better be bluffing or this thing could escalate.

http://www.businessinsider.com/russia-navy-moving-us-syria-bluff-2018-4

Does anybody know where Russia's only carrier is currently being towed to? Mediterranean? Scrap yard?

Offline DaveNY

« Reply #1071 on: April 11, 2018, 04:03:52 PM »
Remember Russian spy Anna Chapman? I'm sure everyone remembers her. She was a Russian master sexy spy that was caught in the US and in 2010 she and some other Russians were deported to Russia on 8 July 2010, as part of the 2010 Russia – US prisoner swap.

In an Instagram post Chapman says the Russians should sink the new UK aircraft carriers HMS Queen Elizabeth and HMS Prince of Wales in addition to any US warships in the area. Seems a bit vengeful. Of course the UK government did revoke her British citizenship after learning she wanted to return to the UK after being deported by the US.

What Russian vessels would be used to sink the UK warships? I think it's a given that it wouldn't be Russia's only aircraft carrier the Admiral Kuznetsov. I'm sure the Kuznetsov is in drydock somewhere undergoing a few years of repairs and maintenance unlikely to ever sail again and if it does it won't be without its traveling companion, an ocean going tug, maybe two 

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anna_Chapman
http://www.newsweek.com/russian-spy-anna-chapman-says-moscow-should-sink-brand-new-british-aircraft-880440?utm_source=yahoo&utm_medium=yahoo_news&utm_campaign=rss&utm_content=/rss/yahoous/news&yptr=yahoo
http://www.instagram.com/p/BhY_FQ9gPVe/?hl=en

Offline alex330

« Reply #1072 on: April 11, 2018, 04:41:24 PM »
Russia isn't doing anything. Putin called Netanyahu earlier and begged him not to interfere.

Offline msmob

« Reply #1073 on: April 11, 2018, 04:45:42 PM »
We shouldn't be horrible about the Smokey 'ol 'Admiral Smith' having an upgrade..The British Type 45 destroyers set to shadow her normally had to have tugs nearby when temps got too high and our 'finished' aircraft carrier was sl.leaky and awaits her aircraft, operationally.

Anna is going to have to wait...She has certainly filled out ..judging by her photos from Thailand.. Oh, OK... she's probably going to be used as a landing craft?

Offline fathertime

« Reply #1074 on: April 11, 2018, 05:11:50 PM »
Russia isn't doing anything. Putin called Netanyahu earlier and begged him not to interfere.
So far, it is Trump that isn't doing anything...although he said he was going to.  We shall see.     
I seriously doubt 'putin' begged netanyahu regarding anything...but if you have a transcript I'd like to see it.

Fathertime!   

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8884
Latest: Eugeneecott
New This Month: 0
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 541387
Total Topics: 20862
Most Online Today: 2512
Most Online Ever: 12701
(January 14, 2020, 07:04:55 AM)
Users Online
Members: 10
Guests: 2419
Total: 2429

+-Recent Posts

Re: The Struggle For Ukraine by krimster2
Yesterday at 07:36:35 AM

Re: Navigating the longest story ever told by Stirlitz
Yesterday at 02:18:56 AM

Re: The Struggle For Ukraine - Senate just passed the Bill! by Stirlitz
Yesterday at 02:12:24 AM

Re: The Struggle For Ukraine - Senate just passed the Bill! by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 01:56:55 AM

Re: The Struggle For Ukraine - Senate just passed the Bill! by krimster2
April 23, 2024, 07:07:31 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
April 23, 2024, 11:31:49 AM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Manny
April 23, 2024, 11:07:15 AM

Re: international travel by krimster2
April 23, 2024, 09:50:04 AM

Re: international travel by 2tallbill
April 23, 2024, 08:20:37 AM

Re: Trippin........... by 2tallbill
April 23, 2024, 08:06:00 AM