It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: Coronavirus, how are you preparing for it and how it is affecting you so far?  (Read 439606 times)

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
  • Spouse's Country: Ukraine
  • Trips: 4 - 10
Coronavirus, how are you preparing for it and how it is affecting you so far?
« Reply #1375 on: March 26, 2020, 06:37:39 AM »
OMG, when you quoted CB, I could see his grasp of reality hasn't improved ...

He's probably still goin' the some Pub that does illegal 'lock ins' and thinks that's cool .... that this isn't going to change his life ..

ANYWAY ..  I feel sorry for folks trapped in nations that have closed their borders and they become outcasts ..

SC made it home overnight - no quarantine or stay at home requested  - as she'd been in Thailand for over 30 days

At midnight, Moscow time, all flights  - scheduled and charters will be refused entry to RU airspace - so only repatriation flights from now on

I would gladly be an outcast in Ukraine if I had Independant income to live off :D Just think all those hotties all to myself without competition from other foreign men ;D If I ended up getting the virus I could push my way to the front of the hospital queue with a few antibacterial sprayed pound notes, lol.

Sadly though I am a few months away from completion of my house project where I can gain this Independant income and so have unfortunately missed the boat :(

Today my mother went out shopping this morning and the big Supermarkets have all implemented the system they had out in Italy of queuing outside, being let in one at a time and having to get something specific. Apparently a great long queue of people waiting so she didn't bother. Instead she went to our local shops in our village for what she could. She loves doing the shopping as she uses it to keep fit but I'm not sure she got all age wanted locally, apparently the big Supermarkets out as well. To my mind it looks like it's a shortage of items they just can't replenish I'm guessing as other nations are after the same goods. The panic buying was just a convenient excuse to cover up for problems opening up in their supply chain. They should have got replenished by now. Just as well I decided to stock up and got my mother into gear on it a few weeks ago ;)
"If you make your own bread, then and only then, are you a free man unchained and alive living in pooty tang paradise, or say no and live in Incel island with all the others." - Krimster

Offline BC

• Spouse's Country: Russia
« Reply #1376 on: March 26, 2020, 06:44:31 AM »
I don't really see active cases as a marker to be concerned about.

Actual cases a snapshot of what is happening now, not only good for judging the load on resources, but also good for confirming the overall trend.  An example, the number of new cases is falling here, so a levelling or drop in actual cases should follow, confirming where we may be at the top or over the 'hump'.  Something like the attached chart.

Offline msmob

• Trips: > 10
« Reply #1377 on: March 26, 2020, 06:51:18 AM »
Trench is as bad as CB as grasping reality ..

I would gladly be an outcast in Ukraine if I had Independant income to live off :D Just think all those hotties all to myself without competition from other foreign men ;D If I ended up getting the virus I could push my way to the front of the hospital queue with a few antibacterial sprayed pound notes, lol.

Sadly though I am a few months away from completion of my house project where I can gain this Independant income and so have unfortunately missed the boat :(

Today my mother went out shopping this morning and the big Supermarkets have all implemented the system they had out in Italy of queuing outside, being let in one at a time and having to get something specific. Apparently a great long queue of people waiting so she didn't bother. Instead she went to our local shops in our village for what she could. She loves doing the shopping as she uses it to keep fit but I'm not sure she got all age wanted locally, apparently the big Supermarkets out as well. To my mind it looks like it's a shortage of items they just can't replenish I'm guessing as other nations are after the same goods. The panic buying was just a convenient excuse to cover up for problems opening up in their supply chain. They should have got replenished by now. Just as well I decided to stock up and got my mother into gear on it a few weeks ago ;)

1/ The UK's supply chain was fine ... just the selfish MUPPETS stocking up  - Muppets think this is some sort of 'conspiracy'  - rather than accepting blame for a situation of THEIR creation ..

2/ You'd be screwed if locked up in Ukraine ... you DO understand the concept of 'lockdown' ? ...  Shopping for food - a little walk - that'd be it for you .. no chance to meet ladies ... if they're sensible they'd give you a wide berth of gtr than 2m ))

Glad to note you care for your Ma...you just showed us one redeeming feature ..

Offline Chelseaboy

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: 1 - 3
« Reply #1378 on: March 26, 2020, 07:03:58 AM »
I see Moby the Oirish blagger is complaining about other posters not grasping reality.

This from the loser who chases a pensioner for $6.92  and  who got it completely wrong about Brexit...as he does everything else.

Never mind he'll be meeting with some of his imaginary friends in high places now no doubt...the fantasist: ))
« Last Edit: March 26, 2020, 07:07:28 AM by Chelseaboy »
Just saying it like it is.

Offline Gator

« Reply #1379 on: March 26, 2020, 07:05:16 AM »
Trench is as bad as CB as grasping reality ...

You have been a stickler for majority rule, e. g.. your criticism of America's electoral college. 

So why  among the UK members at RWD, you are always on the side of the minority opinion? 

Maybe the electoral college, et al  are important features of our governance.   ;D ;D ;D

Offline Gator

« Reply #1380 on: March 26, 2020, 07:08:23 AM »
Who gets to judge?

Each of us.  Its not the Olympics, no medals awarded.

For those who rely on others to tell them what they just observed,  I am certain there will be hundreds of reports in the media by Monday morning quarterbacks (plus a few here).   

The most credible analysis could come from the same organization  that in 2019 rated US #1 regarding their Global Health Security Index.   I recall that organization evaluated each nation with regard to 35+/- factors. 

http://www.ghsindex.org/

Offline BC

« Reply #1381 on: March 26, 2020, 07:28:48 AM »
Is an interesting report Gator, thanks for the link again.

What caught my eye was the front page bullet:

National health security is fundamentally weak around the world. No country is fully prepared for epidemics or pandemics, and every country has important gaps to address.

Is proving to be very accurate.

Offline GQBlues

• Trips: None (yet)
« Reply #1382 on: March 26, 2020, 07:34:37 AM »
VIVA LAS VEGAS

Las Vegas is not only suffering from the entire strip shutdown, it is mightily suffering from losing betting revenues from sport betting now that every sporting event had ceased.

Oh what to bet on these days, right?

Sin city as it may be, at least Vegas have the temporary decency not to place odds with the crisis e.g. odds on final death rates for each state, pinnacle of the 'curve' for each state/country, female/male death count ratio, number of recoveries, etc... 
Quote from: msmob
1. Because of 'man', global warming is causing desert and arid areas to suffer long, dry spell.
2. The 2018 Camp Fire and Woolsey California wildfires are forests burning because of global warming.
3. N95 mask will choke you dead after 30 min. of use.

Offline BillyB

« Reply #1383 on: March 26, 2020, 07:42:40 AM »
I'm sure you checked to make sure he had another safe in which to put the guns ..

I don't tell people how to run their homes. The guy is in charge of his family's safety.

The US is now number 1 in the world for active cases. 

America's "outbreak" isn't as bad as it seems. America has test a lot of people and quickly so the numbers skyrocketed faster than the actual outbreak. America has tested more people than any nation on earth. China is not reporting the amount of people they tested though. The bad news is there are many many nations out there that haven't tested enough yet so we will see skyrocketing numbers from other nations soon.

I've read some Russia media propaganda saying Italy is upset with the EU and America's lack of help to their crisis so Italy turns to Russia and China for help. What do you and the Italians feel about the lack of help from your allies? Upset or understand that we have to put out our fires first before putting out someone else's?
Fund the audits, spread the word and educate people, write your politicians and other elected officials. Stay active in the fight to save our country. Over 220 generals and admirals say we are in a fight for our survival like no other time since 1776.

Offline Gator

« Reply #1384 on: March 26, 2020, 07:47:04 AM »
As far as hospitalizations and numbers in intensive care in US go, I can't find any statistics : /   so would be extremely difficult to compare.

I wasn't comparing with US.  More interested in the rate of growth in hospitalizations as a lagging marker.  Clearly I have too much idle time, chasing my tail   

I just hope that businesses don't use this as an excuse to start those folks now out of work at the bottom again, having to work their way up the ladder when rehired elsewhere.  I noted this in the last crash with many taking wage cuts to get back to work. 

The "Stimulus-Aid-Relief" bill that passed the Senate 96-0 will pay more to the unemployed than many received when working.  Some believe this eliminates the incentive to return to work.  If so,  businesses will need to pay more. 

This bill consists of 1400 hastily written pages.  It is imperfect and will need fine tuning. 

When I mentioned changes in the supply chain, I was thinking there could be a wave of reallocating supply chain sources around the globe (because China has proven unreliable), and maybe returning much of pharmaceutical manufacturing  to the US.   

Offline Gator

« Reply #1385 on: March 26, 2020, 07:52:01 AM »
It was expected, no? NY is definitely a hot spot but that's no surprise either given the close quarters, subway transit system and international population. It's very likely to end up on the scale of Italy

And from your neck of the woods, we now see that Mardi Gras celebrations (peaking February 25) preceded a wave of infections in Louisiana.   

Online Faux Pas

• Trips: No Selection
« Reply #1386 on: March 26, 2020, 07:59:01 AM »
And from your neck of the woods, we now see that Mardi Gras celebrations (peaking February 25) preceded a wave of infections in Louisiana.

Close but not quite in my neck of the woods. But yessir, Mardi Gras could have and very well still may prove as deadly as these soccer matches in Italy. We've only found 1 infection so far in our county. They are keeping the details fuzzy but it is suspected he is an out of towner

http://apnews.com/ae59cfc0641fc63afd09182bb832ebe2?fbclid=IwAR1cwnLXR4b3X-CQq361_ZAyiDrJ-TGts_9WLvApnbID0STV1q1w_k3Jsmk

Offline BillyB

« Reply #1387 on: March 26, 2020, 08:08:05 AM »
The "Stimulus-Aid-Relief" bill that passed the Senate 96-0 will pay more to the unemployed than many received when working.  Some believe this eliminates the incentive to return to work.  If so,  businesses will need to pay more. 

In Washington State, max weekly unemployment benefits is $790. Add the extra $600 per week the relief bill gives, many unemployed people will get up $1390 per week while staying home. The virus is providing an easy and financially secure life for many! Hope those people don't start liking the devil that will eventually bury them.

http://www.savingtoinvest.com/maximum-weekly-unemployment-benefits-by-state/

WHO criticizes nations for wasting time and saying the window of opportunity to fighting this virus is narrowing. Although I'm not happy with WHO's job performance in January, they need to continue to put out warnings that we can't allow this virus to take permanent control over us and future generations. We can't gamble humanity's future assuming a vaccine will be found. We don't want future generations to read history books that says we failed.

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2020-03-25/countries-should-stop-wasting-time-and-fight-virus-who-says
Fund the audits, spread the word and educate people, write your politicians and other elected officials. Stay active in the fight to save our country. Over 220 generals and admirals say we are in a fight for our survival like no other time since 1776.

Offline msmob

« Reply #1388 on: March 26, 2020, 08:19:59 AM »
You have been a stickler for majority rule, e. g.. your criticism of America's electoral college. 

So why  among the UK members at RWD, you are always on the side of the minority opinion? 

Maybe the electoral college, et al  are important features of our governance.   ;D ;D ;D

Gator, is the majority opinion on here to hoard, but otherwise live life as normal ? !

Offline BC

« Reply #1389 on: March 26, 2020, 08:20:30 AM »
In Washington State, max weekly unemployment benefits is $790. Add the extra $600 per week the relief bill gives, many unemployed people will get up $1390 per week while staying home. The virus is providing an easy and financially secure life for many! Hope those people don't start liking the devil that will eventually bury them.

I guess staying home is a good thing nowadays.

Offline GQBlues

• Trips: None (yet)
« Reply #1390 on: March 26, 2020, 08:48:50 AM »

(California's max IINM is $940.00/biweekly)

So..if a premium of $600.00 is added/wk for the next 4 months, for a Californian making less than $75,000.00/yr , this federal compensation will give an unemployed/out of work person $ 1,370.00/wk. Or  $5,936 +/mo ($1,370 x 52 / 12). This is, of course, adding the $1,200.00/mo per individual making <$75k/yr. If he/she have kids...add another $500.00/child.

Seem reasonable to me.
Quote from: msmob
1. Because of 'man', global warming is causing desert and arid areas to suffer long, dry spell.
2. The 2018 Camp Fire and Woolsey California wildfires are forests burning because of global warming.
3. N95 mask will choke you dead after 30 min. of use.

Offline jone

« Reply #1391 on: March 26, 2020, 08:55:24 AM »
According to the Taiwan commentators, the reporter had accompanied a friend who was seeking care for his sick mother, but the hospital, while allowing patients to stay in the waiting area, was refusing to admit any of them. When the reporter asked the reason, a health worker at the hospital told him the hospital was under pressure from the central government to report no new cases.

(Now we know how China reports no new cases .....)

http://www.realclearinvestigations.com/articles/2020/03/25/doing_a_double-take_on_chinas_no-new-infection_claim_122944.html

Everyone (not named Fathertime) who believes the Communist Chinese Government and their claim of no new cases to report, please raise your hand.
Kissing girls is a goodness.  It beats the hell out of card games.  - Robert Heinlein

Offline msmob

« Reply #1392 on: March 26, 2020, 09:25:31 AM »
According to the Taiwan commentators, the reporter had accompanied a friend who was seeking care for his sick mother, but the hospital, while allowing patients to stay in the waiting area, was refusing to admit any of them. When the reporter asked the reason, a health worker at the hospital told him the hospital was under pressure from the central government to report no new cases.

http://www.realclearinvestigations.com/articles/2020/03/25/doing_a_double-take_on_chinas_no-new-infection_claim_122944.html

Everyone (not named Fathertime) who believes the Communist Chinese Government and their claim of no new cases to report, please raise your hand.

Hmm, looking back 5 days, I've failed to see a day where the Chinese haven't reported less than 100 new cases  :popcorn:

Offline Gator

« Reply #1393 on: March 26, 2020, 09:41:11 AM »
Gator, is the majority opinion on here to hoard, but otherwise live life as normal ? !

All issues over the years, not just stockpiling.

Offline BillyB

« Reply #1394 on: March 26, 2020, 09:45:19 AM »
Hmm, looking back 5 days, I've failed to see a day where the Chinese haven't reported less than 100 new cases  :popcorn:

Don't fall for their propaganda. China reports no new cases within their country and any cases they do report they say is imported so it's somebody else's fault. Out of 1.4 billion people do you think there are zero new transmissions among them right now?

Italy taking more drastic steps shutting down most factories. Article said they are entering into a war time economy. I think it's actually worse. In war, you can put everybody to work in factories or the front line. With the virus, you have to tell everybody to quit working and pay them in an attempt to beat it. How long can that last?

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/in-drastic-step-italy-shuts-most-factories-to-halt-virus/ar-BB11KgG1?ocid=ientp

Offline Gator

« Reply #1395 on: March 26, 2020, 10:35:05 AM »
tonight I ran through the forest again
and counted each step...

In your personal battle against this scourge, it seems you have once again gone off your rocker.

I much prefer the krimster who overzealously analyzed epidemiologic data.  Instead of digging punji pits, why not turn your energy to the field of Epidemic Intelligence Service.

There is such a group, a branch of the CDC.  CDC will soon take applications for the EIS Class of 2021.  If you can not wait, or do not qualify for the EIS, you can purchase the CDC Field Epidemiology Manual. 

Look at the amazing list of chapters,  Chapter 6 alonee will give you a blue-vein woodie. 

Part I: The Field Investigation

1: Defining Field Epidemiology

2: Initiating Operations

3: Conducting a Field Investigation

4: Collecting Data

5: Using Technologies for Data Collection and Management

6: Describing Epidemiologic Data

7: Designing and Conducting Analytic Studies in the Field

8: Analyzing and Interpreting Data

9: Optimizing Epidemiology–Laboratory Collaborations

10: Collecting and Analyzing Qualitative Data

11: Developing Interventions

12: Communicating During an Outbreak or Public Health Investigation

Offline BC

« Reply #1396 on: March 26, 2020, 11:08:21 AM »

I wasn't comparing with US.  More interested in the rate of growth in hospitalizations as a lagging marker.  Clearly I have too much idle time, chasing my tail   

Goes something like from zero to overloaded in the blink of an eye.  One of Cuomo's sidekicks said it best.. 'you don't know it hits you until it hits you' or something like that.

That works to support containment efforts.  Wonder if that was part of the rationalization.

This bill consists of 1400 hastily written pages.  It is imperfect and will need fine tuning. 

Possibly.  Guess they'll have to start drafting the next instalment now.

When I mentioned changes in the supply chain, I was thinking there could be a wave of reallocating supply chain sources around the globe (because China has proven unreliable), and maybe returning much of pharmaceutical manufacturing  to the US.

I think the 'strategic stockpile' will have to be redimensioned.  Less costly in the long run.  Maybe include some critical tooling and raw materials needed to start up fabrication of critical items.  A lot will be done to make some of the necessities reusable and sterilizer safe.

Offline msmob

« Reply #1397 on: March 26, 2020, 11:36:23 AM »
All issues over the years, not just stockpiling.

Best start a thread on same.. not the place here ..

Sure this place is a hot bead of gung ho 'Republican' Americans .. and I'm an pendantic Irish git ..

Online 2tallbill

• Living the dream
« Reply #1398 on: March 26, 2020, 12:22:17 PM »
Desperate shoppers not desperate enough to buy vegan foods
from picked-over grocery shelves

Read more here: http://www.miamiherald.com/news/coronavirus/article241519911.html#storylink=cpy
FSUW are not for entry level daters
FSUW don't do vague
FSUW like a man of action. Be a man of action 
If you find a promising girl, get your butt on a plane.
There are a hundred ways to be successful and a thousand ways to f#ck it up
Just kiss the girl, don't ask her first. Tolerate NO excuses!

Offline Gator

« Reply #1399 on: March 26, 2020, 01:17:06 PM »
When the reporter asked the reason, a health worker at the hospital told him the hospital was under pressure from the central government to report no new cases.

One grain of salt - your source is Taiwan, the enemy of CCP.  And maybe there was no room in the inn. 

The CCP definitely attempted a huge coverup in the beginning, and soon afterwards implemented a draconian quarantine.  The extent of the quarantine certainly could  dramatically slow the spread, yet 100%  success seems unlikely. 

The incredible extent of both is reported by Aussie news in this video from January.  It is well worth watching if you have not seen it.  I suggest fast forwarding through the brief  parts about research by the West for therapeutics and vaccines.  The welding shut of apartment entrance doors and the forced extraction of those with elevated body temperatures blow my mind.

I apologize if someone else such as 2tall have already posted this video. 

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8883
Latest: Leroy14
New This Month: 1
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 541004
Total Topics: 20849
Most Online Today: 2013
Most Online Ever: 12701
(January 14, 2020, 07:04:55 AM)
Users Online
Members: 11
Guests: 1868
Total: 1879

+-Recent Posts

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Today at 11:16:08 AM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by ML
Today at 10:31:43 AM

Re: What to do by krimster2
Today at 09:47:10 AM

What to do by 2tallbill
Today at 09:37:41 AM

Re: If you don't know what you are talking about, post away anyway by 2tallbill
Today at 09:18:17 AM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Today at 07:00:25 AM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Brillynt
Today at 06:16:36 AM

Yesterday at 09:20:42 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Infoman
Yesterday at 09:12:54 PM

Yesterday at 09:02:12 PM