It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: 7 Qualities and 9 Russian Women  (Read 9602 times)

Offline golden25

7 Qualities and 9 Russian Women
« Reply #25 on: February 04, 2006, 11:18:09 AM »
its $570.00 to have a russian speaking translator present at court.  the court already provided her a translator for the depostition. it was ironic however - ELENA IS A TRANSLATOR HERSELF.

Offline Admin

• Administrator
  • Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: > 10
« Reply #26 on: February 04, 2006, 11:21:36 AM »
[user=769]golden25[/user] wrote:
Tooky Your right this translation is the first one i had done by russian speaking person verbally and i wrote it down. it was also translated professionally and my lawyer has that copy. The Jury will befrom this part ofthe stateand will bevery regligious and the diary goes on futherto explain her blackmagic and what she will do to me if i stand in her way. The jury here will not like this crap about black magic and casting of spells and they will fry her!!!

How could a jury disput this, we have the diary we have her finger prints on it, we have it professionally translated. sure she can lie and say its not hers, but then who wrote it? i sure can write russian. my kids can't either.

Do you have juries assigned to Domestic Relations courts in your part of the country? That is not an option here in CO - and many other states, I am told. Most DR matters are heard before a magistrate or judge alone.

It dramatically affects the outcomes - and not usually in a positive direction for men.

Best of luck to you.

- Dan

Offline Elen

• Alt Forum
« Reply #27 on: February 04, 2006, 11:38:37 AM »
Is it only my comp plays tricks on me or others see a ghost of golden25's wife in any thread at RWD? :?

Offline golden25

« Reply #28 on: February 04, 2006, 12:16:08 PM »
Dan - here its called a DV case,  the way i understand it will be a jury trial. You see i am charged with a serious felony for her claiming i tried to choke her. there are 3 different felonies, simply aggrivated and serious,  i think the serious pushed it a jury trial- but i am not sure. However it could change, Elena changed her story at the deposition from what she told the police, she told the police i tried to choke her and at the depo she changed it to  I PUSHED HER AND MY HAND SLID UP AND SCRATCHED HER NECK????  i guess the photos the police took are more consistant with someone who was scratch rather than someone who was choked.

Offline Jooky

« Reply #29 on: February 04, 2006, 12:16:40 PM »
I'm glad that you have a better translation. It seems that every time I hear about these types of cases the odds are stacked against the man.

Offline golden25

« Reply #30 on: February 04, 2006, 12:22:04 PM »
Hello Elen, are you saying you seen this same story before?  or are you saying you know of my soon to be ex-wife do this same thing before?

you got me wondering, Elena's aunt in Azov says she has tried scams before.

Offline Admin

• Administrator
« Reply #31 on: February 04, 2006, 01:04:17 PM »
[user=769]golden25[/user] wrote:
Dan - hereits called a DV case, the way i understand it will be a jury trial. You see i am charged with a serious felony for her claiming i tried to choke her. there are 3 different felonies, simply aggrivated and serious, i think the seriouspushed ita jury trial- but i am not sure. Howeverit could change, Elena changed her story at the deposition from what she told the police, she told the police i tried to choke her and at the depo she changed it to I PUSHED HER AND MY HAND SLID UP AND SCRATCHED HER NECK???? i guess the photos the police took are more consistant with someone who was scratch rather than someone who was choked.

Oh yes, it had slipped my mind that you were charged with Domestic Violence. As that is a criminal charge, of course you are entitled to a jury. Actually, *ANY* of the criminal charges filed against you entitles you to a jury of your peers - whether misdemeanor or felony.

It also establishes the burden of proof on the procecution as "beyond a reasonable doubt" - which is actually quite a high bar.

Bottom line is - you are in for a HUGE tussle. You probably already know this - but you need to take this matter VERY seriously and fight it with everything you have. Do not expect the DA's office to offer an acceptable plea agreement. They may offer something, but scrutinize it VERY closely and weigh the risks/consequences with the best legal mind(s) you can afford. While true that a trial is most often a crapshoot, it is equally true that accepting a plea to a lesser charge, if it remains on your record, may haunt you in ways you cannot even fathom right now.

It is NOT an easy choice - and you NEED an outstanding attorney. My experience is it is better to find a highly-motived (and recommended) attorney, rather than one who has a high profile (and huge rate). One of the problems with high-profile defense attorneys is they will work like crazy for clients who will contribute to their maintaining a high profile - but that is only the very few who will make the local news. Everyone else subsidizes those high-profile cases and gets less than stellar support.

Best of luck to you.

- Dan

Offline golden25

« Reply #32 on: February 04, 2006, 01:50:39 PM »
Dan - i already know i will not accept a plea, I AM NOT GUILTY ,  the only thing i am guilty of is bring her here. I am sure the truth will come out, actions speak louder than words. I AM THE ONE WHO CALLED 911 FIRST, I FILED FOR DIVORCE THE NEXT DAY.

THANKS FOR ALL YOUR ADVISE

GOLDEN25

Offline Maxx

• Opted-Out
« Reply #33 on: February 05, 2006, 04:19:51 AM »
http://www.dvmen.org/dv-6.htm#pgfId-1027493

3. We hear from many men and women who have taken a plea bargain because they were afraid to go through a jury trial. It is the position of the Equal Justice Foundation that if you are too afraid to stand in front of your fellow citizens and proclaim and defend your innocence then you must be judged guilty, of moral cowardice if nothing else. The jury system is about the only process still working in our courts. Because of that many legislators and judges are doing their best to eliminate jury trials.

Conversely, a bench trial to a judge is simply a long, slow way of pleading guilty.[/b]

Trial to a judge by a man is a long, slow way of pleading guilty
[align=right]1. To repeat, we regard a trial to a judge of a man[/b] (and often a woman) accused of domestic violence in Colorado as a long, slow way of pleading guilty. Thus, if you hope to prove your innocence, you must[/b] go through a jury trial if the "victim"[/i] wishes to prosecute.[/align]

Offline Maxx

• Opted-Out
« Reply #34 on: February 05, 2006, 04:37:27 AM »
This one's for Dan

http://www.ejfi.org/Courts/Courts-5.htm

I wonder what you think of it?

Maxx

Offline Admin

• Administrator
« Reply #35 on: February 05, 2006, 08:57:02 AM »
Quote from: Maxx
This one's for Dan

http://www.ejfi.org/Courts/Courts-5.htm

I wonder what youthink of it?

Maxx

Maxx,

I truly am convinced that the court system is largely a self-perpetuating *business*. The courts perpetuate the need for lawyers - the lawyers perpetuate the need for one another - and the losers in the process are those poor saps who find they MUST pay the fees to avoid enormous consequences.

The site you referenced explains it well - if a bit overdramatic.

Everyone has heard this platitude before - but there is much truth to it - a person in America gets just as much 'justice' as they are able to afford.

The court system acknowledges that when a single person (or small group of persons) files a claim against a large corporation - one of the most oft-used tactics is for that corporation to engage in a war of attrition. They employ tactics designed purely to cost the other side money - and their strategy is to out-spend the opposition - something a company like General Motors (just as a hypothetical) can do quite easily.

The notion that our legal system is all about 'justice' and fairplay is merely an ideal promulgated by the legal system itself - which has little basis in fact. The facts are - the legal system is all about money. Pure and simple. If you have it - then you can make some headway with the legal system. If you don't have it - then you're screwed. And it is a relative measure. You can have *some* - but if you don't have as much as your opponent, you will probably lose. In the case of the DA (criminal matters), it becomes a question of politics and how much they are willing to devote to prosecuting your ass. High-profile cases which make the news are horrible. I'll offer an example which still haunts me:

I sat through a preliminary proceeding with an 18-year-old defendant. He was charged with Attempted Homicide with Extreme Indifference. IIRC, it was a class 2 felony - just short of the most serious felony charge in CO. The fact pattern which was established went like this:

* Kid and 2 friends went to a party
* Other, older kids at ths party almost immediately started throwing beer at them.
* As they retreated, there were several older boys - led by a primary instigator - who began hitting and kicking the kids.
* The 3 retreat to their car - an SUV - all the while these other kids continue hitting and kicking them.
* The SUV is parked at the end of a cul-de-sac with only one way in and out.
* As they try to depart, the instigator of the beating was still pursuing and in the area.
* The kids get in their car and quickly try to depart.
* In the process, they manage to hit the kid who was the primary instigator of the beating - and nearly kill him.
* In fact, the investigator called to the scene was a homicide investigator called because they were convinced the kid would die.
* He did not die, but suffered physical damage which could prove permanent.
* The driver and friends got away and returned to their homes.
* Police arrived at the homes of the 3 to question the driver and conduct sobriety exams a few hours later.
* Driver's alcohol results came back later with showing minimal alcohol intake - but, of course, the hours which passed certainly had an effect on the results.

The driver was the one charged with the crimes. The defense attorney was a former elected DA and has a stellar reputation. The prosecutor was unrelenting in seeking the FULL weight of the charges.

To see the kids involved, one quickly gained the impression that the driver (the one charged) was a very slightly-built - almost geeky looking kid, who posed little physical threat to anyone. The kid who instigated the beatings - and who was hurt as the kids tried to escape in their SUV was much more mature and muscular and clearly gave the impression of one who could bully others.

Those are the impressions from listening to almost 8 hours of courtroom testimony and seeing the principals. I heard the lead investigator's testimony, as well as others.

From what I heard, it was abundantly clear to me that the driver was trying desparately to escape a bad situation - and he accidentally ran over a kid in the process. I do not believe he intentionally tried to harm the kid who had been the chief instigator - I think he simply wanted to get away - and this other kid pursued them and just got in the way of their escape.

From that - the DA chose to file extraordinary charges against an 18-year-old kid who did nothing more than try to get away from a bad situation once he got into it.

I believe the reason the DA was so intent on prosecuting this case is that the newspapers and TV stations were alerted to the scene when it was thought to be a homicide case - and they followed it closely thereafter. The DA needed to make a 'splash' - so he pursued the case with vigor.

The case never went to a full jury trial. Last I heard, there was a small adjustment downward in the charges, in return for a guilty plea, some incarcertation, and lengthy probation.

That 18-year-old had his life forever changed - and it was because he tried to get out of a bad situation.

The other kid who was hurt, also had his life forever changed - though some might argue that his was more deserved in that he did not have to attack the kids who came to the party - he did not have to pursue them outside the house - he did not have to pursue them into the street where he was hit by the SUV. His was an entirely avoidable consequence.

I am convinced this kind of garbage occurs every single day - many times each day - in the court systems of America. Only when people are personally 'touched' by the injustice, will they feel enough pain and indignation to begin to stand up to fight it. It has touched many, but not nearly enough.

The sad part is the dashing of American principles and ideals. I used to believe that my children should cooperate with authorities if they were ever asked. Now, I *know* they should not. When the Supreme Court of the land can rule that police are authorized to blatantly lie to you to secure a 'confession' or admission - something is horribly wrong in America. I have told my children they are NEVER to speak with the police - or any other authority - unless I am personally with them - or their attorney is present. it pains me to have to tell them that - as I persist in my naive wishes that police and the legal system is intended to subscribe to a higher ideal and to offer 'justice' - but it doesn't - and it won't - and the naive are the ones most hurt by the system.

Sorry for my rant - but this is a topic I happen to feel strongly about - and I believe others should learn about the truth of the system, lest they be chewed-up by it like so many others have been - and will be.

FWIW

- Dan

Offline Maxx

• Opted-Out
« Reply #36 on: February 05, 2006, 11:25:47 AM »
Quote from: Dan

Time after time we hear from men who called the police because their wife or lover was assaulting them or the children and, when the police arrived, he was the one arrested under Colorado's mandatory arrest law[/i] .

Table 3).[/b]

a place for you to stay in the Denver area.

Defensive Male Actions Under the Current Laws[/i] section.

Sad story you told Dan. An 18 year old maybe "of age" but they are still children in my opinion. The law seems to have lost common sense along with justice.

Maxx

Offline Maxx

• Opted-Out
« Reply #37 on: February 05, 2006, 12:08:33 PM »
Golden25

From the above you should see that the judicial system is not a slam dunk even when you got the smoking gun evidence (the diary).

She knows you have it and her attorney may know you have it. So it is your job to see that it is not dismissed as evidence in your case. Your attorney may tell you that you have nothing to worry about there. However attorneys do make mistakes, right Dan? 

I was thinking about this dismissal possibility when I woke up this morning. You will need iron clad proof that this is her diary. Fingerprints you mentioned. Do you have an official police report that her prints are on the diary? If not YOU BETTER GET ONE. Handwriting analysis that proves that it it came from her. Do you have offical proof from a qualified and certified professional on this? If not  YOU BETTER GET IT.    

If the court does not allow this diary in as evidence then the INS will not use it also. The Federal INS uses the judgments of the State and County courts as a bases for their own cases. 

Gary, it is my personal experience and the experiences of many men I have talked with over the past 2 1/2 years that when a situation such as what you are going through a person goes into a form of shock. This is things like really good and sound advice is not listened to. The thinking is "I know my situation better that you guys". This is true but you are not in a objective frame of mind. It is easy to get locked into the details and forget to see the big picture.   

My suggestion to you is to do everything possible to firm up your case evidence wise. Second discuss the legal big picture with your attorney (do not post this here!!!!) and what stradegy you will use to defend yourself as well as counter prosecute her if possible. Third I would make sure that you practice with your attorney on how to answer the questions he will ask you during cross examination.

Be prepared to answer the prosecuter on why you went to Russia/Ukraine to find a wife.

Expect that the 14 year old daughter will testify against you. Do not react to allegations of your attempted molestation etc. But expect that these could be made by her. The daughter "playing her part" as mentioned in the diary is your best defence. That is why it is critically important that you get that diary included into your defence evidence. Please see above.

This statement is so true "You are your best attorney". That is it is up to you that all the "i's" are dotted and all the "t's" are crossed. This is your future here not your attorney's. Make sure that your defence and evidence is sound and then your presentation of it is well rehearsed.

Maxx

Offline Admin

• Administrator
« Reply #38 on: February 05, 2006, 05:36:40 PM »
Quote from: Maxx
Your attorney may tell you that you have nothing to worry about there. However attorneys do make mistakes, right Dan?

I watched my ex-wife's attorney make no fewer than 3 statements in open court which are in direct conflict with CO statutes. On the face, they represent malpractice - should my ex-wife grow a brain cell and decide to pursue it.

I have also experienced malpractice claims against 3 separate attorneys - and ALL were slam-dunks.

One of the attorneys had been formally sanctioned by the CO bar for the same offenses, a year earlier. Shame on me for not having performed a better job of due diligence.

Do attorneys make mistakes? Sure they do - and lots of them. BUT - I also know the value of a competent attorney. Anyone needing recommendations for an attorney in the Denver area - just drop me a PM.

- Dan

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8884
Latest: Eugeneecott
New This Month: 0
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 541450
Total Topics: 20864
Most Online Today: 1575
Most Online Ever: 12701
(January 14, 2020, 07:04:55 AM)
Users Online
Members: 8
Guests: 1392
Total: 1400

+-Recent Posts

Re: Trippin in St Pete by Trenchcoat
Today at 07:34:19 AM

Trippin in St Pete by 2tallbill
Today at 06:20:16 AM

Re: Hard work -- How can I explain this to my Russian wife? by Trenchcoat
Today at 01:03:56 AM

Re: Trippin in St Pete by Trenchcoat
Today at 01:01:18 AM

Hard work -- How can I explain this to my Russian wife? by 2tallbill
Yesterday at 01:53:18 PM

Russian/Ukranian women - views on sex before marriage? by 2tallbill
Yesterday at 10:57:05 AM

Russian/Ukranian women - views on sex before marriage? by 2tallbill
Yesterday at 10:55:23 AM

American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by 2tallbill
Yesterday at 10:11:31 AM

Re: international travel by krimster2
Yesterday at 09:44:27 AM

international travel by 2tallbill
Yesterday at 09:21:35 AM