It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: How to Visit Many without lying?  (Read 122146 times)

Offline SteveInBoston

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
  • Trips: 1 - 3
How to Visit Many without lying?
« Reply #500 on: December 06, 2018, 01:05:08 AM »
When I make mulled wine I use Franzia, $4 per liter.  They will sell no wine before it's time...to get packed in a box.

Offline brownbeard99

• Trips: Resident
« Reply #501 on: December 07, 2018, 07:05:14 AM »
When I make mulled wine I use Franzia, $4 per liter.  They will sell no wine before it's time...to get packed in a box.
Franzia is some pretty gross stuff.  I don’t even know if they can legally call it wine. My ex wife used to mix it with Sprite to make wine coolers... cheaper than Bartles & Jaymes I guess!  It looks like you found another way to make it drinkable.

Thank you for your support.

Online krimster2

• Spouse's Country: Russia
« Reply #502 on: December 21, 2018, 07:57:57 AM »
one can only interpret the ensuing silence...
to mean that Mr Beard “crashed and burned” in Kyiv

sic transit

Offline SteveInBoston

• Trips: 1 - 3
« Reply #503 on: December 22, 2018, 04:37:38 AM »
Not necessarily.  Per the title of this post, "how to visit many without lying", BB found the answers he needed and was successful.  It is ironic that he seemed to settle with the first girl he met, not even trying to meet the others, making the point moot.

He never did ask "how to meet the right woman", so I guess he'll figure that out on his own in the next few years.

Offline GenMish

• Trips: None (yet)
« Reply #504 on: December 22, 2018, 08:02:15 AM »
Mulled wines (glintvein in the FSU, known by other names in other countries), which is what you were served, is generally made with cheap wine because the spices and fruits added mean the undertones, the body, of a good wine, will be lost.  The best wines to use for glint are fruity and unoaked. 

Buying an expensive wine for glint is to show off, and in Ukraine, that screams hick.

This post was composed without the aid of google.

I don't think I ever found a good wine in the FSU, so too cant understand using a good Italian wine for glint. I found good Champagne, beer and Vodka, but never a good wine. And don't get me started on Moldovan and Rumanian wines, I would rather drink cough syrup

Offline msmob

• Trips: > 10
« Reply #505 on: December 22, 2018, 08:19:56 AM »

I don't think I ever found a good wine in the FSU, so too cant understand using a good Italian wine for glint. I found good Champagne, beer and Vodka, but never a good wine. And don't get me started on Moldovan and Rumanian wines, I would rather drink cough syrup

They make good beer and wine in Kuban and Georgia  but 'Champagne' ? .....The climate's not right, surely ?

Offline GenMish

« Reply #506 on: December 22, 2018, 08:41:09 AM »
They make good beer and wine in Kuban and Georgia  but 'Champagne' ? .....The climate's not right, surely ?

I wont admit it to my friends, but I like Sovetskoye Shampanskoye. Its like a nice dry Cava but made with Aligote. Aligote grapes are not as fragile as other grapes and can be grown in cold places like Russia.

Online krimster2

« Reply #507 on: December 22, 2018, 08:49:50 AM »
my father in law is Moldovan, and the Rancho Del Krimster has 3 large rows of Moldovan and local varieties of grapes
like German politics and sausage making, you REALLY don't want to see Moldovans making wine!
conditions must be sterile for fermentation to proceed smoothly so I'm not TOO worried by what I've seen
my father in law always held me in low regard a "rich kid" who "didn't know how to live on a farm"
then I built him a still, mostly out of parts I found in the barn, and what was missing I bought in one day at an outdoor plumbing market
when I showed him the still and we got it working together and made really good brandy and we both got totally drunk together
then we were best friends
and I don't think he's even mad that I sleep with his daughter any more!!

Offline msmob

« Reply #508 on: December 22, 2018, 08:53:34 AM »
May be I truly am a 'snob' [ ;)  ] but as an ol' git .. it (  Shampanskoye) reminds me of Babycham

and What ever happened to THAT ?

:puke:

Offline Jamesukjames

• Trips: 4 - 10
« Reply #509 on: December 23, 2018, 07:56:58 AM »
Krimster a picture of this still please.  I've seen and drunk the produce of many farm stills in France.

Online krimster2

« Reply #510 on: December 23, 2018, 11:24:32 AM »
sorry, the one and only photo came out too blurry
it's made from a pressure cooker 3/8 hole drilled, fitted a small threaded pipe this diameter after a bit of sanding
added pressure washers and bronze washers and threaded nuts on both sides - looks REALLY cool!
heat exchanger came from a 30 yr old dead air conditioner, all i need to do was make an adapter to fit the threaded pipe to the heat exchanger
after I pulled it from the old air conditioner
just plug it in, turn it on , and watch the brandy condense drop by drop out the heat exchanger - works great! cost me $40 to build!
totally blew away my father in law

« Last Edit: December 23, 2018, 02:52:50 PM by krimster2 »

Offline msmob

« Reply #511 on: December 23, 2018, 01:43:38 PM »
 :ROFL:

You've made my evening, Krimster

Online krimster2

« Reply #512 on: December 23, 2018, 02:59:30 PM »
cool!

forgot to mention, it's best to get a pressure cooker with the cheaper rotary temperature setting, BP of ethanol is 173 degrees F!
relied on father in law for the "mash" he has some "recipe" he hasn't shared
4 liters of mash yields almost one coke can full of distillate
we fermented the 4 liters in a water cooler bottle
I stretched a balloon over the mouth of the water bottle, and poked a tiny hole in the balloon with a pin
when the balloon starts to inflate it means fermentation is starting
when it deflates it means fermentation is done - time to go into the still!!

that's all it took!!
in Ukraine, this contraption would pay for itself within a week!!!

if only sexual gratification was as easy...
wait!  it is!!!

« Last Edit: December 23, 2018, 03:03:22 PM by krimster2 »

Offline DaveNY

« Reply #513 on: December 23, 2018, 04:24:48 PM »
May be I truly am a 'snob' [ ;)  ] but as an ol' git .. it (  Shampanskoye) reminds me of Babycham

and What ever happened to THAT ?

:puke:

It's still around pick up a pack next time you're in a Tesco.

http://www.tesco.com/groceries/en-GB/products/258444966

Offline msmob

« Reply #514 on: December 24, 2018, 01:25:35 AM »
Hmm

It was 'relaunched' in 1997, 2001 , 2013.. and there's a big marketing push this year

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-25302633

I live near where it's made and believe me - this latest relaunch will fail, too ((

« Last Edit: December 24, 2018, 01:30:46 AM by msmob »

Offline brownbeard99

« Reply #515 on: January 14, 2019, 07:32:23 AM »
I guess people wanted a follow up?!

It's funny how my options were to fail miserably or be so pathetic that I stay with the first girl I meet, so I guess it doesn't matter what I say because people will use it as an excuse to insult me.

Well, to those who have been helpful, I appreciate you very much.  I spoke extensively with many women, I ended up meeting two of them and I am dating one of those two. I think it's important to note that these are not the first two women I have ever gone out with, just in Ukraine.  The girl I am with is thin, beautiful, smart, has two graduate degrees, and I enjoys lots of sex, just like me... Maybe thats because she is 25, but I guess maybe time will tell.

After I left Kyiv in early December, we continued to talk every day.  We ended up spending a week in Paris together for New Years.  She paid her own way so she wouldn't feel like she was using me.  We came back to Kyiv and got an apartment together for two weeks (hers is under renovation and she has been living with her grandma). I leave for Amsterdam for in a couple days for a coupe months and then we will live together in her apartment for a couple weeks before I return to the US.

Life has already assumed a normal pace with us.  I feel kind of like a normal married couple.  She goes to work in the morning and I go to work on my computer.  When she comes home, we have dinner and watch TV.  Sometimes we go out, but we usually stay in.  We split expenses equally (she insists).  I met her grandmother a couple times and she absolutely loves me.  She is always sending me home with food.  I am supposed to meet her mom tonight.  I am taking her mom and her mom's boyfriend out to dinner.  This should be interesting.  Her mom is my age... but her mom's boyfriend is 26, so they are obviously used to big age gaps in relationships.

Anyway... maybe I'll marry this woman... maybe I won't.  I am enjoying our time together and seeing how things progress.  It's certainly educational learning about cultural differences that I never knew from reading.  I wish I had known certain things.... like when I made the mistake of sitting on the edge of the bed with my jeans.  Nobody told me you have to wear a separate set of clothes in the home because anything worn outside instantly becomes "dirty" and "disgusting".

To all the noobs out there, the process gets much more fun once you get off the computer and are having sex with a hot 25 year old Ukrainian girl. Stick with it and ignore the **sholes.  I am so glad I didn't let their BS get me down!

Peace

Offline Nightwish

« Reply #516 on: January 14, 2019, 08:23:57 AM »

It's funny how my options were to fail miserably or be so pathetic that I stay with the first girl I meet, so I guess it doesn't matter what I say because people will use it as an excuse to insult me.

Well, to those who have been helpful, I appreciate you very much.  I spoke extensively with many women, I ended up meeting two of them and I am dating one of those two. I think it's important to note that these are not the first two women I have ever gone out with, just in Ukraine.  The girl I am with is thin, beautiful, smart, has two graduate degrees, and I enjoys lots of sex, just like me... Maybe thats because she is 25, but I guess maybe time will tell.

After I left Kyiv in early December, we continued to talk every day.  We ended up spending a week in Paris together for New Years.  She paid her own way so she wouldn't feel like she was using me.  We came back to Kyiv and got an apartment together for two weeks (hers is under renovation and she has been living with her grandma). I leave for Amsterdam for in a couple days for a coupe months and then we will live together in her apartment for a couple weeks before I return to the US.

Life has already assumed a normal pace with us.  I feel kind of like a normal married couple.  She goes to work in the morning and I go to work on my computer.  When she comes home, we have dinner and watch TV.  Sometimes we go out, but we usually stay in.  We split expenses equally (she insists).  I met her grandmother a couple times and she absolutely loves me.  She is always sending me home with food.  I am supposed to meet her mom tonight.  I am taking her mom and her mom's boyfriend out to dinner.  This should be interesting.  Her mom is my age... but her mom's boyfriend is 26, so they are obviously used to big age gaps in relationships.

Anyway... maybe I'll marry this woman... maybe I won't.  I am enjoying our time together and seeing how things progress.  It's certainly educational learning about cultural differences that I never knew from reading.  I wish I had known certain things.... like when I made the mistake of sitting on the edge of the bed with my jeans.  Nobody told me you have to wear a separate set of clothes in the home because anything worn outside instantly becomes "dirty" and "disgusting".

To all the noobs out there, the process gets much more fun once you get off the computer and are having sex with a hot 25 year old Ukrainian girl. Stick with it and ignore the **sholes.  I am so glad I didn't let their BS get me down!

Peace

This really got me laughing, here it is exactly the same, I did the same mistake as you, and not to mention if I dare take one step inside the house with shoes on.. ohh that is punishable by death :D

I am happy you are having a good time with a good girl, you have the right outlook on this, enjoy the time together and time will tell if it will be you two or not.

and on a sidenote - the sex only gets better with age - so imagine how much you will love it when she is 35 :p
Multitasking means screwing up several things at once.

Offline brownbeard99

« Reply #517 on: January 14, 2019, 09:01:31 AM »
This really got me laughing, here it is exactly the same, I did the same mistake as you, and not to mention if I dare take one step inside the house with shoes on.. ohh that is punishable by death :D

I am happy you are having a good time with a good girl, you have the right outlook on this, enjoy the time together and time will tell if it will be you two or not.

and on a sidenote - the sex only gets better with age - so imagine how much you will love it when she is 35 :p

Ahhh, the shoe thing.  Yea... I'm learning that one.  When we arrived in our hotel room in Paris, I immediately started unpacking.  After a couple minutes, I noticed she was just staring at me with this dirty look on her face.  She finally said, "Could you please remove your shoes?"  her words were nice, but with her tone, she might have well said, "Take your shoes off you damn pig!"

She is also REALLY anal about turning lights off.  She freaks out if I leave a room without turning the lights off... even if I am going back to the room in 30 seconds.  Once we were leaving the apartment and I had my boots all laced up and saw that I left a light on.  I looked at her and wondered if it would be okay to leave the light on, just this once... or if I could tiptoe across the floor with my shoes to turn the light off...  One look from her said it all... I unlaced my boots, took them off to walk five feet and turn off a stupid light....

Offline GQBlues

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
« Reply #518 on: January 14, 2019, 09:30:53 AM »

Some, not all. But thanks for doing so...I'm glad to read of the positive experience/s you gathered on your trip.

As for cultural differences, IMHO, always remember there's two people in these relationships. Two folks, two cultures. Never allow one to dominate the other. Know when to compromise and know when to take a stand.

Happy trails!
Quote from: msmob
1. Because of 'man', global warming is causing desert and arid areas to suffer long, dry spell.
2. The 2018 Camp Fire and Woolsey California wildfires are forests burning because of global warming.
3. N95 mask will choke you dead after 30 min. of use.

Online krimster2

« Reply #519 on: January 14, 2019, 09:53:16 AM »
"I guess people wanted a follow up?!"

what a charming story!  is ANY of it TRUE?

Offline Gator

« Reply #520 on: January 14, 2019, 10:44:50 AM »

As for cultural differences, IMHO, always remember there's two people in these relationships. Two folks, two cultures.

Excellent point. 

Never allow one to dominate the other. Know when to compromise and know when to take a stand.

......and when to say, "Yes, dear."   

Brownbeard, Russian women appreciate being told when they are wrong because they want to improve.  :D :D :D :D 

I will now get serious.  RW will not readily give up their cultural habits, rituals and beliefs.   It is best not to question  the belief that ice in a drink, moving cool air, etc. will kill you.   Overtime, the women will change.  My stepdaughter now enjoys rare beef, so she orders "medium rare," yet acknowledges the risks of red meat as enumerated by my wife.  One day, my wife may eat a medium rare steak.....perhaps 30 years from now.     

Saying "Yes darling" conserves so much energy because many of the differences between two cultures are inconsequential.   OTOH, issues such as financial management are not the place to capitulate. 

Offline ML

« Reply #521 on: January 14, 2019, 11:05:43 AM »
I will now get serious.  RW will not readily give up their cultural habits, rituals and beliefs.   It is best not to question  the belief that ice in a drink, moving cool air, etc. will kill you.   Overtime, the women will change.  My stepdaughter now enjoys rare beef, so she orders "medium rare," yet acknowledges the risks of red meat as enumerated by my wife.  One day, my wife may eat a medium rare steak.....perhaps 30 years from now.

I was raised in the Midwest in farm families (we didn't live on farms, but Grandparents did).
All meat was cooked well done.
But when I was a young unmarried man in Los Angeles, I went to dinner and cultural events several times with a much older unmarried professional woman (no romance, we worked in same office).
WOW, did she teach me a lot about food, wines, art, music, etc.
That is when I first encountered medium rare steaks.
I didn't dare tell the folks back in the Midwest.

Later, I had to teach my first wife (also from Midwest) the taste pleasures of medium rare.

And more recently, I had to do the same with Ukrainian wife.
She didn't resist too much as she is mostly willing to try new things.
She still found it hard to order such, so now I just take the lead and order both of our steaks medium rare.

And she doesn't dare tell the folks back in Ukraine.
A beautiful woman is pleasant to look at, but it is easier to live with a pleasant acting one.

Online 2tallbill

• Living the dream
« Reply #522 on: January 14, 2019, 11:35:35 AM »
The drink was probably Ukrainian Kompot or Compote and it is non-alcoholic.

The cheese was Syrniki which is like Farmer's cheese in USA (but not easy to find) and a cousin of Ricotta  cheese.

They make some sort of warm wine stuff with fruit and spices in it. I've had various Russian
women try to get me to like it, but it tastes like cheap warm wine, with fruit and cinnamon in
it. I've put worst things in my mouth but it's pretty crappy.
FSUW are not for entry level daters
FSUW don't do vague
FSUW like a man of action. Be a man of action 
If you find a promising girl, get your butt on a plane.
There are a hundred ways to be successful and a thousand ways to f#ck it up
Just kiss the girl, don't ask her first. Tolerate NO excuses!

Offline GQBlues

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
« Reply #523 on: January 14, 2019, 12:02:37 PM »
...Overtime, the women will change...

...and change they will. Although I'm inclined to believe the easiness of such change have largely to do with the individual's age/generation.

My wife's staple these days when opted, are prime rib/filet mignon - medium rare; Uni, salmon sashimi; raw oysters to her heart's content, etc....

My MIL, OTOH, still insists on well cooked, almost burned, meats..

Wife still changes her clothing when arriving home, but more as a habit and no longer because 'she believes in cleanliness' knowing full well the practice in the FSU have little to do with not wearing 'dirty' clothes inside the house since they're NOT placing these 'dirty clothes' in a hamper to be washed and cleaned, but beside and amongst the 'clean ones' either on hangers or drawers.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2019, 12:06:00 PM by GQBlues »
Quote from: msmob
1. Because of 'man', global warming is causing desert and arid areas to suffer long, dry spell.
2. The 2018 Camp Fire and Woolsey California wildfires are forests burning because of global warming.
3. N95 mask will choke you dead after 30 min. of use.

Offline Hammer2722

• Spouse's Country: Belarus
  • Trips: 4 - 10
« Reply #524 on: January 14, 2019, 12:55:18 PM »

Peace

Oh yes, My wife constantly chews me out if I try to sit or lay down on the bed with my clothes on!  :rules:
every ship can be a minesweeper at least once...

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8883
Latest: Leroy14
New This Month: 1
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 540998
Total Topics: 20849
Most Online Today: 2013
Most Online Ever: 12701
(January 14, 2020, 07:04:55 AM)
Users Online
Members: 10
Guests: 1970
Total: 1980

+-Recent Posts

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Brillynt
Today at 06:16:36 AM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Yesterday at 09:20:42 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Infoman
Yesterday at 09:12:54 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Yesterday at 09:02:12 PM

American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Infoman
Yesterday at 08:45:42 PM

Re: What to do by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 07:59:27 PM

Ukrainian refugee working for me now by ML
Yesterday at 07:04:53 PM

Ukrainian refugee working for me now by ML
Yesterday at 06:59:45 PM

Re: What to do by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 06:57:42 PM

Re: If you don't know what you are talking about, post away anyway by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 06:36:52 PM