It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: Does the ring matter?  (Read 35503 times)

Offline BillyB

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
  • Trips: > 10
Re: Does the ring matter?
« Reply #100 on: June 16, 2017, 01:18:57 PM »
And I don't view zircons as 'fake' as many refer to them.
They are not fake diamonds, they are simply zircons.
Yes they are manufactured, but so are our automobiles.
Should we never give a gift of anything just because it is manufactured?

Most people consider Zirconia as a fake diamond or very cheap substitute. Nobody considers the automobile as a fake horse or cheap substitute for a horse. Automobiles were considered better than horses and only the elite could afford them when they first came out.

We, the public, have been conned into this diamond thingy by promoters.

I think flowers that die in week or two are a huge waste of money. Conned or not when it comes to buying flowers or diamonds, women want certain things and some men will get more out of women by understanding these things. Those who don't get it get less.
Fund the audits, spread the word and educate people, write your politicians and other elected officials. Stay active in the fight to save our country. Over 220 generals and admirals say we are in a fight for our survival like no other time since 1776.

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
  • Trips: 4 - 10
« Reply #101 on: June 16, 2017, 01:49:23 PM »
There's always that silly fine line between giving advice from being a control freak.

Trenchcoat finally got laid in Ukraine, (uda'man, Batman!) hence he believes the world is as it is according to 'Trenchcoat', and all that is good enough for his inamorata. Obviously, the gal chose Trenchcoat and believe Trenchcoat is 'da'man' for her, and ALL that he is. This will be for both of them to sift through with one another. They bought tickets for their eRide, may the enjoy the experience. Oh FUN!

This is the MOB, fellas. A very atypical approach into interpersonal relationships. I find it amusing how so many of you keep trying to normalize what is an otherwise abnormal and highly subjective pursuit.

Think you're absolutely right here GQ :) I've found that it very much depends on the girl you're with and the relationship you have with her. Many by the rope concepts and procedures can come to be irrelevant depending on the girl/relationship your with. I doubt there are any two relationships the same of the forum member guys on here or a forum member that can say he did everything by the book without doing something considered a bit off beat.
"If you make your own bread, then and only then, are you a free man unchained and alive living in pooty tang paradise, or say no and live in Incel island with all the others." - Krimster

Offline Boethius

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: No Selection
« Reply #102 on: June 16, 2017, 02:04:10 PM »
LOL.  He's basically calling you a freak in a non normal pursuit and you're agreeing.
After the fall of communism, the biggest mistake Boris Yeltsin's regime made was not to disband the KGB altogether. Instead it changed its name to the FSB and, to many observers, morphed into a gangster organisation, eventually headed by master criminal Vladimir Putin. - Gerard Batten

Offline danieln_2000

« Reply #103 on: June 16, 2017, 08:05:43 PM »
Several people have mentioned that the engagement ring isn’t part of the Ukraine culture. So, how does a man ask a woman to marry him? Does he create a romantic situation, get down on one knee and just ask her to marry him? And to try to stay on topic, would it be unusual to include a ring in the proposal?

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
« Reply #104 on: June 17, 2017, 01:00:50 AM »
Several people have mentioned that the engagement ring isn’t part of the Ukraine culture. So, how does a man ask a woman to marry him? Does he create a romantic situation, get down on one knee and just ask her to marry him? And to try to stay on topic, would it be unusual to include a ring in the proposal?

The impression I get is that you just choose a suitably nice location and just ask her. So a nice restaurant perhaps or a scenic park area, by the river, etc. I think someone on hear said you could bring a bunch of flowers to sweeten the mood and that seems a nice idea to me. In a way I like the idea as done correctly at the right moment its more romantic I think as it just focuses on the person/each other without a material object taking centre stage. However, being traditional to western values I would feel like I am making her go without if I did not give her an engagement ring. Hence if I were to propose I think it would be nice just asking her first then do the whole ring thing proceeding shortly after which I think would cover both cultures nicely. 
"If you make your own bread, then and only then, are you a free man unchained and alive living in pooty tang paradise, or say no and live in Incel island with all the others." - Krimster

Offline mhr7

• Spouse's Country: Russia
  • Trips: Resident
« Reply #105 on: June 17, 2017, 02:59:52 AM »
My fiance brought up the topic of marriage in a casual conversation after we'd had an argument. We discussed it, she gave me an ultimatum and I said yes. I offered to buy a ring but she didn't want one. Not very romantic but it  seems to be our way of doing things.
"After your death, you will be what you were before your birth." - Schopenhauer

Offline danieln_2000

« Reply #106 on: June 17, 2017, 05:51:02 AM »
The impression I get is that you just choose a suitably nice location and just ask her. So a nice restaurant perhaps or a scenic park area, by the river, etc. I think someone on hear said you could bring a bunch of flowers to sweeten the mood and that seems a nice idea to me. In a way I like the idea as done correctly at the right moment its more romantic I think as it just focuses on the person/each other without a material object taking centre stage. …
Thank you, this topic is starting to make more sense.

My fiance brought up the topic of marriage in a casual conversation after we'd had an argument. We discussed it, she gave me an ultimatum and I said yes. I offered to buy a ring but she didn't want one. Not very romantic but it  seems to be our way of doing things.
A version of this happened to me about a week ago when I saw her. We had a mild disagreement, which I wouldn’t call an argument. Then, I told her that the only reason I hadn’t proposed to her was because I wanted to have a romantic story about our proposal. A little bit later, she told me that she could respect my need to have a romantic story about the proposal.
…However, being traditional to western values I would feel like I am making her go without if I did not give her an engagement ring. Hence if I were to propose I think it would be nice just asking her first then do the whole ring thing proceeding shortly after which I think would cover both cultures nicely.
I think I may do something similar to this so that both cultures are covered.
That way, once she is in the US, she would have a story that matches other women’s stories.

Offline BillyB

« Reply #107 on: June 17, 2017, 07:58:42 AM »
However, being traditional to western values I would feel like I am making her go without if I did not give her an engagement ring.

Giving Zirconia for an engagement ring isn't traditional or part of Western values. Imagine her telling all her friends and family that her Zirconia engagement ring is traditional and part of Western values. They'll think she's stupid. She's not going to tell them that but if you say that to her, guess what she'll think of you.
Fund the audits, spread the word and educate people, write your politicians and other elected officials. Stay active in the fight to save our country. Over 220 generals and admirals say we are in a fight for our survival like no other time since 1776.

Offline jone

« Reply #108 on: June 17, 2017, 10:04:41 AM »

mhr7,

You are such a pushover.  Did she pull out the big guns to get you to concede?   :crackwhip:
Kissing girls is a goodness.  It beats the hell out of card games.  - Robert Heinlein

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
« Reply #109 on: June 17, 2017, 10:39:53 AM »
LOL, funny when you think Western women would want a romantic story but with at least some FSU you could do it in the most pedestrian manner and they wouldn't mind, mhr your doing it during an argument is just particularly astonishing, kind of funny really but goes to show that there is impracticality & differences in FSW dating.

Online 2tallbill

• Living the dream
Does the ring matter?
« Reply #110 on: June 17, 2017, 11:21:14 AM »
That way, once she is in the US, she would have a story that matches other women’s stories.

I had told Angel Eyes (my wife) at least a hundred times that she was going to fall
head over heels in love with me, marry me and live happily ever after. So when I
actually asked her, it was sorta anticlimactic.

So we don't have "romantic proposal story". I have a short how I found her,
won her heart and, married her before she could come to her senses story. I did
spend nine years searching for her, the long version can be found here
http://www.russianwomendiscussion.com/index.php?topic=3432.0

FSUW are not for entry level daters
FSUW don't do vague
FSUW like a man of action. Be a man of action 
If you find a promising girl, get your butt on a plane.
There are a hundred ways to be successful and a thousand ways to f#ck it up
Just kiss the girl, don't ask her first. Tolerate NO excuses!

Offline Boethius

« Reply #111 on: June 17, 2017, 01:25:28 PM »
The impression I get is that you just choose a suitably nice location and just ask her. So a nice restaurant perhaps or a scenic park area, by the river, etc. I think someone on hear said you could bring a bunch of flowers to sweeten the mood and that seems a nice idea to me. In a way I like the idea as done correctly at the right moment its more romantic I think as it just focuses on the person/each other without a material object taking centre stage. However, being traditional to western values I would feel like I am making her go without if I did not give her an engagement ring. Hence if I were to propose I think it would be nice just asking her first then do the whole ring thing proceeding shortly after which I think would cover both cultures nicely.

None of these are traditional Ukrainian proposal customs so no, yet again, a man would not be covering "both cultures nicely".
After the fall of communism, the biggest mistake Boris Yeltsin's regime made was not to disband the KGB altogether. Instead it changed its name to the FSB and, to many observers, morphed into a gangster organisation, eventually headed by master criminal Vladimir Putin. - Gerard Batten

Offline Nightwish

« Reply #112 on: June 17, 2017, 01:29:45 PM »

None of these are traditional Ukrainian proposal customs so no, yet again, a man would not be covering "both cultures nicely".

Your trying to tell us Trench isn't the expert here?  but he knows everything about everything.. he is even considering becoming a dating coach with his recent success, who can fail?  :cluebat:
Multitasking means screwing up several things at once.

Offline mhr7

« Reply #113 on: June 17, 2017, 01:43:28 PM »
mhr7,

You are such a pushover.  Did she pull out the big guns to get you to concede?   :crackwhip:

Love me or leave me or something to that effect. I was very surprised she did it but when she really wants something there's no stopping her.

Offline Boethius

« Reply #114 on: June 17, 2017, 01:47:55 PM »
LOL, funny when you think Western women would want a romantic story but with at least some FSU you could do it in the most pedestrian manner and they wouldn't mind, mhr your doing it during an argument is just particularly astonishing, kind of funny really but goes to show that there is impracticality & differences in FSW dating.

I keep telling you this, and you keep failing to understand it.  The attitude toward women is very different in FSU culture. 

Offline jone

« Reply #115 on: June 17, 2017, 03:02:50 PM »
Love me or leave me or something to that effect. I was very surprised she did it but when she really wants something there's no stopping her.

Just so you know, I was teasing you.  I've been on the receiving end of those types of ultimatums, one only two weeks ago with an FSUW (just so you know, the topic was not marriage).

Kissing girls is a goodness.  It beats the hell out of card games.  - Robert Heinlein

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
« Reply #116 on: June 17, 2017, 04:14:45 PM »

I keep telling you this, and you keep failing to understand it.  The attitude toward women is very different in FSU culture.

Then what would you say the attitude is towards women in FSU culture?

Offline mhr7

« Reply #117 on: June 17, 2017, 04:19:53 PM »
Just so you know, I was teasing you.  I've been on the receiving end of those types of ultimatums, one only two weeks ago with an FSUW (just so you know, the topic was not marriage).

I know, jone. I tried calling her bluff on ultimatums in the past and discovered what a bad idea that was. She is the most stubborn women I've ever met.

Offline Boethius

« Reply #118 on: June 19, 2017, 10:06:09 AM »
Then what would you say the attitude is towards women in FSU culture?

Start listening to Putin's comments about women to get a sense of it.

Offline danieln_2000

« Reply #119 on: June 19, 2017, 06:26:22 PM »
.. I have a short how I found her, won her heart and, married her before she could come to her senses story. I did spend nine years searching for her, the long version can be found here
http://www.russianwomendiscussion.com/index.php?topic=3432.0

I thank you for the link to your story.

Offline Jumper

« Reply #120 on: July 25, 2017, 07:45:41 PM »
Not about the gal, but . . .

I can't wear rings for very long; like 10 minutes or so; they just bug me.

But I knew I would need to wear a ring when we went for interview for wife's 2 year Green Card.

And since I would need it for that time, I decided to buy it for use at wedding ceremony also.

So I went to local mall and looked around.  I found a shop that sold tons of stuff for teenagers (I suppose).

Searched around and found a pack of 3 rings that fit me for $5.99.  Two weren't quite appropriate, but the  third one looks just like a man's wedding band. 

Been worn twice now, probably 10 minutes at wedding ceremony and an hour or so at Immigration.  Was a big concern that I would remember to put it on before we entered . . . as they do have cameras everywhere !!!

Actually don't remember where it is now.  Hope I don't have to spend another $5.99 when we need to go back for wife's 10 year Green Card interview.

Do you really feel this would matter to the interviewer?

I have a hard time imagining a seasoned bcis person would read much into a husband not wearing a band.
 A million reasons he might not routinely  including  work etc. If they were to factor so much onyonitv theyvwoukd need to consider of you follow orthodox tradition or not etc? Heck they need you to remove it to see if a tan line was there or just worn go the interview lol
:)

I seldom wear one, if I do its in orthodox tradition.

Offline BillyB

« Reply #121 on: July 25, 2017, 07:59:30 PM »
I have a hard time imagining a seasoned bcis person would read much into a husband not wearing a band.

I've never wore a wedding band. Didn't wear it at the interview that was to prove our marriage was legit and got through it just fine.

Offline ML

« Reply #122 on: July 25, 2017, 08:38:41 PM »
Jumper and Billy,

I think that at any day now, the USCIS folks will show up at your door to revoke everything since their cameras showed lack of ring on your fingers.

There is usually some delay in reviewing the tapes for each day.
A beautiful woman is pleasant to look at, but it is easier to live with a pleasant acting one.

Offline Jumper

« Reply #123 on: July 26, 2017, 06:48:14 AM »
Jumper and Billy,

I think that at any day now, the USCIS folks will show up at your door to revoke everything since their cameras showed lack of ring on your fingers.

There is usually some delay in reviewing the tapes for each day.

Yeap! probably any day now :)

I'll have it handy to put on just for the occasion

Offline Chicagoguy

« Reply #124 on: July 26, 2017, 10:26:34 AM »
I believe my wife would have never asked.But we were together now and I wanted her to fit in. I can imagine that at some time in the future women would have asked her about it. Since I did not want to make her uncomfortable I helped her select one with the help of the store manager. An old friend.
 Plus shortly after that she ended up with some nice jewelry that were family heirlooms.

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8883
Latest: Leroy14
New This Month: 1
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 541013
Total Topics: 20849
Most Online Today: 2013
Most Online Ever: 12701
(January 14, 2020, 07:04:55 AM)
Users Online
Members: 11
Guests: 1877
Total: 1888

+-Recent Posts

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Infoman
Today at 06:28:48 PM

American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by 2tallbill
Today at 04:48:07 PM

Re: What to do by krimster2
Today at 04:37:18 PM

If you don't know what you are talking about, post away anyway by 2tallbill
Today at 04:17:08 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Today at 02:48:08 PM

Re: What to do by krimster2
Today at 01:09:03 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Trenchcoat
Today at 12:51:13 PM

Re: What to do by Trenchcoat
Today at 12:33:48 PM

Re: If you don't know what you are talking about, post away anyway by Trenchcoat
Today at 12:24:44 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Today at 11:16:08 AM