It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: Replacing RBG  (Read 30920 times)

Offline BillyB

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
  • Trips: > 10
Replacing RBG
« Reply #150 on: September 23, 2020, 07:34:55 PM »
CNN conducted a poll. Says 59% of the people want the next president to nominate the SC justice. 45% of the people in the poll said they are independent or a third party voter. I seriously doubt 45% of the people out there are close to being independent voters. How much did CNN pay for that poll? How many polls did they conduct before getting one they'd want to report on?

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/poll-59-percent-think-president-elected-in-november-should-name-next-supreme-court-justice/ar-BB19m6a1?ocid=spartan-ntp-feeds
Fund the audits, spread the word and educate people, write your politicians and other elected officials. Stay active in the fight to save our country. Over 220 generals and admirals say we are in a fight for our survival like no other time since 1776.

Offline ML

Replacing RBG
« Reply #151 on: September 23, 2020, 08:55:46 PM »
Like others, I keep getting letters from Melania and Ivanka, as well as Donald.

And Donald has called me several times.

I always just hang up when he says: "I'm Donald . . . ." and I did so again this evening.

But then I immediately thought . . . maybe he was calling be about the Supreme Court vacancy !!
Too late, and I didn't have his private phone number to call him back.
A beautiful woman is pleasant to look at, but it is easier to live with a pleasant acting one.

Offline BC

• Spouse's Country: Russia
  • Trips: 4 - 10
Replacing RBG
« Reply #152 on: September 23, 2020, 11:24:02 PM »
ML

(202) 456-1111 ext 666

:)

Offline BillyB

Replacing RBG
« Reply #153 on: September 23, 2020, 11:38:56 PM »
Like others, I keep getting letters from Melania and Ivanka, as well as Donald.

My wife walks in my room the other day and told me I got a letter from Melania. That part is true. I thought Melania had the hots for me but after opening the letter I learned she was the same as 99% of the women out there, a gold digger asking if I can send money with the excuse her husband family is in need. After praying for guidance and to remove my lustful thoughts, I immediately went to the RWD forum to read the ten commandments in the link below. Commandment #1 saved my money but I tried #4 and failed at #6.

http://www.russianwomendiscussion.com/index.php?topic=1740.0
Fund the audits, spread the word and educate people, write your politicians and other elected officials. Stay active in the fight to save our country. Over 220 generals and admirals say we are in a fight for our survival like no other time since 1776.

Offline fathertime

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
Replacing RBG
« Reply #154 on: September 24, 2020, 05:59:24 AM »
CNN conducted a poll. Says 59% of the people want the next president to nominate the SC justice. 45% of the people in the poll said they are independent or a third party voter. I seriously doubt 45% of the people out there are close to being independent voters. How much did CNN pay for that poll? How many polls did they conduct before getting one they'd want to report on?

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/poll-59-percent-think-president-elected-in-november-should-name-next-supreme-court-justice/ar-BB19m6a1?ocid=spartan-ntp-feeds
I would say most people would prefer trump wait until after the election to install the next SC justice.  It seems he won't do that though, he is going to cram that pick in immediately and change the makeup of the court.  When trump sees an opening like this he takes full advantage if permitted.

If Trump isn't reelected, all the democrats can do is unwind what policies they can of his, just as he unwound what he could of obozo's.    On the world stage we must look like directionless idiots.  How will other nations be able to trust any agreement with us, when the next president will unilaterally claim, 'circumstances changed' and we no longer abide by prior agreements.  When that sort of thing has happened to me personally in business, it can create a near permanent distrust.  We (The US) are not the only game in town though, nations can choose to bypass us. 

Fathertime!     
I just happened to be browsing about the internet....

Offline BC

Replacing RBG
« Reply #155 on: September 24, 2020, 06:27:18 AM »
Trump needs to 'stack' the Supreme Court before the election is decided to try and bolster his chances if he actually loses the election.  He'll fight tooth and nail as announced.

Online 2tallbill

• Living the dream
Replacing RBG
« Reply #156 on: September 24, 2020, 06:57:46 AM »
Democrats worry Feinstein can’t handle Supreme Court battle
Colleagues fear the oldest senator may struggle to lead Democrats on the Judiciary Committee.

Look at the friendly face behind her the Democrats always looking
to reach across the Isle. 

Feinstein, the oldest member of the Senate, is widely respected by senators in both
parties, but she has noticeably slowed in recent years. Interviews with more than a
dozen Democratic senators and aides show widespread concern over whether the
California Democrat is capable of leading the aggressive effort Democrats need
against whoever President Donald Trump picks to replace the late Justice Ruth
Bader Ginsburg.

And Feinstein's genteel demeanor, which seems like it belongs to a bygone Senate
era, can lead to trouble with an increasingly hard-line Democratic base uninterested
in collegiality or bipartisan platitudes.

http://www.politico.com/news/2020/09/23/dianne-feinstein-supreme-court-battle-420357

I think that the story says it all. The Democrats will lead an aggressive fight
against whoever Trump picks and the Dem's are uninterested in collegiality or
bipartisan platitudes.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2020, 07:03:36 AM by 2tallbill »
FSUW are not for entry level daters
FSUW don't do vague
FSUW like a man of action. Be a man of action 
If you find a promising girl, get your butt on a plane.
There are a hundred ways to be successful and a thousand ways to f#ck it up
Just kiss the girl, don't ask her first. Tolerate NO excuses!

Online Faux Pas

• Trips: No Selection
Replacing RBG
« Reply #157 on: September 24, 2020, 06:58:31 AM »
Trump needs to 'stack' the Supreme Court before the election is decided to try and bolster his chances if he actually loses the election.  He'll fight tooth and nail as announced.

Needs to "stack"? LOL

He has a duty to the constitution to nominate a candidate. He swore an oath to protect and defend the constitution. What he needs is to have the brightest constitutional minds in place for an upcoming election that in all likelihood is going to be contested. Your statement would indicate you have a bigger problem with the constitution rather than President Trump, BC?

Offline jone

Replacing RBG
« Reply #158 on: September 24, 2020, 07:28:10 AM »

I guess I can't follow your line of thinking.   Your take is that Trump will try and do an illegal taking of the election?   That is ludicrous even by the Democrats standards.   I think it is just more gasoline for the flames.   And, BC, you fall right into the middle of the conflagration.
Kissing girls is a goodness.  It beats the hell out of card games.  - Robert Heinlein

Online 2tallbill

• Living the dream
Replacing RBG
« Reply #159 on: September 24, 2020, 07:33:44 AM »
Let's look at a little history

History Is on the Side of Republicans Filling a Supreme Court Vacancy in 2020
Choosing not to fill a vacancy would be a historically unprecedented act of unilateral disarmament. It has never happened
http://www.nationalreview.com/2020/08/history-is-on-the-side-of-republicans-filling-a-supreme-court-vacancy-in-2020/

Who's violating norms these days?
When a vacancy occurs in a presidential year and the opposition party has a
majority in the Senate, the president can nominate, but the nominee is almost
never confirmed. There have been 10 such vacancies in the history of the republic.
Presidents made pre-Election Day nominations in six cases, but only one nominee
was confirmed before the election. That was in 1888.

Presidents whose parties had Senate majorities selected nominees in election years
19 times, and 17 of those nominees were confirmed.
The two rejections came
together in 1968, when President Lyndon Johnson’s nominee for chief justice,
Abe Fortas, and his nominee to replace Fortas as associate justice were blocked
by a bipartisan filibuster.

http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/opinion/columnists/whos-violating-norms-these-days
« Last Edit: September 24, 2020, 07:35:49 AM by 2tallbill »
FSUW don't do vague

Online 2tallbill

• Living the dream
Replacing RBG
« Reply #160 on: September 24, 2020, 07:42:28 AM »

Projecting a bit are we? It's the Democrats who said that they will add seats
to the Supreme court, not the Republicans. If you look at article two of the
constitution you will find that the President appoints Justices to the court
with advice and consent of the Senate. 

The Supreme court has had 9 seats since 1869. The Dem's didn't win
their elections so they want to pack the court if they ever win again.

FSUW don't do vague

Offline BillyB

Replacing RBG
« Reply #161 on: September 24, 2020, 08:05:21 AM »

Four years ago anti Trump media put out stories he won't quietly go away if he loses the election and that he'll try something to take it. I see nothing has changed with them and their faithful readers.

Offline GQBlues

• Trips: None (yet)
Replacing RBG
« Reply #162 on: September 24, 2020, 08:24:51 AM »
Four years ago anti Trump media put out stories he won't quietly go away if he loses the election and that he'll try something to take it. I see nothing has changed with them and their faithful readers.

Let's not kid ourselves believing somehow this coming election is not going to get messy. We've all laid witness to our recent daily events all designed to do one thing - force mail-in voting. The Democrats already won this election.

Why else, 40+ days before election day, you never see Biden/Harris out there campaigning? What you have is a highly edited TV ads. Heck, Harris won't even conduct an open press conference. Biden holds only orchestrated 'townhall' meetings with 10 cars, a couple of teleprompter, 6 paid *random* folks asking *random* questions and a couple of cue cards and an accompanying press group to give raving reviews of another powerful night for Joe Biden even if it only happens 3-4 days/week at the most.

This election has already been decided. Best Trump and the Senate get this nominee in and confirmed before the election if possible. Lame Duck period could create a whole new mess of obstruction.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2020, 08:26:26 AM by GQBlues »
Quote from: msmob
1. Because of 'man', global warming is causing desert and arid areas to suffer long, dry spell.
2. The 2018 Camp Fire and Woolsey California wildfires are forests burning because of global warming.
3. N95 mask will choke you dead after 30 min. of use.

Offline BillyB

Replacing RBG
« Reply #163 on: September 24, 2020, 08:31:04 AM »
This election has already been decided.

Joe is still nervous. He's hired hundreds of attorneys as part of a backup plan yet the media makes it sound like Trump is the guy that won't quietly go away. Hopefully Trump wins convincingly like last election to motivate Biden to quietly go away.

Offline GQBlues

• Trips: None (yet)
Replacing RBG
« Reply #164 on: September 24, 2020, 10:45:08 AM »
Joe is still nervous. He's hired hundreds of attorneys as part of a backup plan yet the media makes it sound like Trump is the guy that won't quietly go away. Hopefully Trump wins convincingly like last election to motivate Biden to quietly go away.

Dunno BillyB, Sleepy Joe is unofficially half-dead so I doubt he is capable of any type of nerve sensation. He'll be our POTUS, batteries NIC.

Funny we'll be doing this for the same act of cronyism the Democrats are doing here. I wonder if anyone will be 'sanctioning' us...
« Last Edit: September 24, 2020, 10:48:18 AM by GQBlues »
Quote from: msmob
1. Because of 'man', global warming is causing desert and arid areas to suffer long, dry spell.
2. The 2018 Camp Fire and Woolsey California wildfires are forests burning because of global warming.
3. N95 mask will choke you dead after 30 min. of use.

Offline Confederate

• Trips: 1 - 3
Replacing RBG
« Reply #165 on: September 24, 2020, 10:52:18 AM »
"Hopefully Trump wins convincingly".
War is peace. Freedom is slavery. Ignorance is strength.
George Orwell 1984

Offline fathertime

Replacing RBG
« Reply #166 on: September 24, 2020, 01:08:12 PM »
"Hopefully Trump wins convincingly".
If polls are correct this time around, biden is up nationally by about 8 points it would seem.  I have a hard time believing that.  Nevertheless, if trump wins it is likely it won't be by much.  What if biden actually does win convincingly on election night?   Will the conservatives rebel and claim our election is fraudulent?  Should venezuela send an armada over to threaten us and enforce an embargo? 

Fathertime! 

Online 2tallbill

• Living the dream
Replacing RBG
« Reply #167 on: September 25, 2020, 07:49:38 AM »
Why else, 40+ days before election day, you never see Biden/Harris out there campaigning?
 What you have is a highly edited TV ads. Heck, Harris won't even conduct an open press conference. Biden holds only orchestrated 'townhall' meetings with 10 cars, a couple of teleprompter, 6 paid *random* folks asking *random* questions and a couple of cue cards and an accompanying press group to give raving reviews of another powerful night for Joe Biden even if it only happens 3-4 days/week at the most.

I think that they are spending the entire time several hours per day to
get Biden ready for a debate where he doesn't call anybody a lying dog
soldier pony or crap himself then rub through his hair plugs.

If they can't get him though a debate then they have to pull out and
it will be difficult for them to claim he's a high functioning idiot that
can have his staff run the country. If they get him through one debate
they can claim he won, the press will agree and he can say no more
debates because Trump is a bad orange man.

They only have 40 days to go and they are going to come up with
something to explain his absence and inability to go out and campaign.

Maybe claim that he has been exposed to covid or something/anything
so that he can't leave his basement.
FSUW don't do vague

Online 2tallbill

• Living the dream
Replacing RBG
« Reply #168 on: September 25, 2020, 08:01:55 AM »
The problems with the article below is that it takes a constitutional amendment to
change Supreme Court Justice terms. It's not unusual that a Dem doesn't know that.
Democrats prepare bill limiting U.S. Supreme Court justice terms to 18 years
http://ca.reuters.com/article/us-usa-court-termlimits-idUSKCN26F3L3

FSUW don't do vague

Offline BillyB

Replacing RBG
« Reply #169 on: September 25, 2020, 08:35:00 AM »
The problems with the article below is that it takes a constitutional amendment to
change Supreme Court Justice terms. It's not unusual that a Dem doesn't know that.
Democrats prepare bill limiting U.S. Supreme Court justice terms to 18 years
http://ca.reuters.com/article/us-usa-court-termlimits-idUSKCN26F3L3

Sounds like a sore loser reaction to Trump being able to pick a 3rd Supreme court justice in his first term.

The new bill, seen by Reuters, would allow every president to nominate two justices per four-year term and comes amid heightened political tensions as Republican President Donald Trump prepares to announce his third pick for the Supreme Court after the death on Sept. 18 of Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg, with just 40 days to go until the Nov. 3 election.

Yeah, the Republicans and Trump are quickly going to agree to that before he nominates his 3rd pick.

Offline BC

Replacing RBG
« Reply #170 on: September 25, 2020, 09:30:07 AM »
change Supreme Court Justice terms.

Sure?

Offline fathertime

Replacing RBG
« Reply #171 on: September 25, 2020, 03:36:30 PM »
I think that they are spending the entire time several hours per day to
get Biden ready for a debate where he doesn't call anybody a lying dog
soldier pony or crap himself then rub through his hair plugs.

If they can't get him though a debate then they have to pull out and
it will be difficult for them to claim he's a high functioning idiot that
can have his staff run the country. If they get him through one debate
they can claim he won, the press will agree and he can say no more
debates because Trump is a bad orange man.

Lets remember this assessment of the potential future president, so when/if he is in charge we can consider the USA's policies/sanctions/etc still a joke. 

Fathertime! 

Online 2tallbill

• Living the dream
Replacing RBG
« Reply #172 on: September 25, 2020, 04:04:58 PM »
Sure?

Yes, because the founders/writers of the constitution wrote about what they
meant and why they wrote what they wrote. They put together a set of documents
called the federalist papers. These papers are available for regular people who
are not lefty's to read. The particular federalist paper that clarifies the constitution
on this is called Federalist #78

Alexander Hamilton was so incredibly adamant about this lifetime tenure system
that he wrote:

“The inflexible and uniform adherence to the rights of the Constitution, and of
individuals which we perceive to be indispensable in the courts of justice, can
certainly not be expected from judges who hold their offices by a temporary
commission.”

By removing the concerns that come with reelection, judges can make their own
decisions independent from the desires of either special interest groups or the
masses.

http://guides.loc.gov/federalist-papers/full-text

« Last Edit: September 25, 2020, 07:17:13 PM by 2tallbill »
FSUW don't do vague

Offline fathertime

Replacing RBG
« Reply #173 on: September 25, 2020, 04:13:18 PM »

By removing the concerns that come with reelection, judges can make their own
decisions independent from the desires of either special interest groups or the
masses.

..does not apply, as they would be in place for 18 years and not up for reelection.

People's life expectancy back in the 1700's was probably about 40 years old so they usually wouldn't serve that long...nowadays we have justices serving into their 90's.  It may not make sense nowadays have somebody guaranteed to serve a 40 year term or more. 

Fathertime! 

Offline Confederate

• Trips: 1 - 3
Replacing RBG
« Reply #174 on: September 25, 2020, 05:54:28 PM »
War is peace. Freedom is slavery. Ignorance is strength.
George Orwell 1984

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8883
Latest: Leroy14
New This Month: 1
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 540997
Total Topics: 20849
Most Online Today: 2013
Most Online Ever: 12701
(January 14, 2020, 07:04:55 AM)
Users Online
Members: 9
Guests: 1965
Total: 1974

+-Recent Posts

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Yesterday at 09:20:42 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Infoman
Yesterday at 09:12:54 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Yesterday at 09:02:12 PM

American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Infoman
Yesterday at 08:45:42 PM

Re: What to do by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 07:59:27 PM

Ukrainian refugee working for me now by ML
Yesterday at 07:04:53 PM

Ukrainian refugee working for me now by ML
Yesterday at 06:59:45 PM

Re: What to do by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 06:57:42 PM

Re: If you don't know what you are talking about, post away anyway by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 06:36:52 PM

Re: Twenty Years... and Counting (MarkInTx Update) by supranatural
Yesterday at 03:02:29 PM