It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: Children making the transition to the New World ......  (Read 15558 times)

Offline msmob

• Spouse's Country: Russia
  • Trips: > 10
Re: Children making the transition to the New World ......
« Reply #25 on: October 21, 2018, 01:18:17 AM »
“I knew Black sea was never good enough for diving...”

hmmm?  what’s wrong with Black Sea diving? other than needing slightly more dive weights

Huh?

Only tried Scuba diving once - but as the Black Sea is less salty - less buoyant - than most seas / oceans - wouldn't LESS weights be required ?

Happy to be educated ;)

Totally agree with your comparison with RU / western education systems ...

Newly arrived RU kids are shocked by how kids address some teachers and fear the Police

Offline msmob

« Reply #26 on: October 21, 2018, 01:31:36 AM »
Regardless of what one thinks who has the better education system, a child has a greater chance for success in America than in Russia.

'Success' in a monetary aspect ? 

BillyB - how many RU schools have you visited ? The kids are quite happy and whilst I'm uncomfortable with ANY nation that  encourages 'Patriotism' - I include UK( particularly N.Ireland) , US,, Russia in this  ) Success for me is the ability to provide a roof over the head of your family and it COULD be argued the Russians manage this with better ?

The environment America provides allows people to succeed more here than anywhere. A child has a greater chance to become a millionaire or billionaire even if they're not smart. We got the Mega Millions and Powerball lotteries. That's my ticket to get rich!

Yup - it is as I surmised ... 'riches and success' are different things for us

Offline Donna_Pedro

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
« Reply #27 on: October 21, 2018, 05:56:20 AM »

It is. Happiness - is a different thing, I agree, but  success is a monetary aspect. OK, russian school  provides better knowledge but what happens after that? Even after they get a university degree, most are struggling to find well paid jobs, so in terms of success a lot of highly educated, smart young people  are not fulfilled. This whole cry to preserve a "special snow flake" from the 3 d grade is actually rediculus. Mommy tends to apply her cultural norms to a different culture. It is understandable, but funny all the same.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2018, 06:03:18 AM by Donna_Pedro »
Kaplah!

Offline Maxx2

• Trips: 4 - 10
« Reply #28 on: October 21, 2018, 07:23:46 AM »

This whole cry to preserve a "special snow flake" from the 3 d grade is actually rediculus. Mommy tends to apply her cultural norms to a different culture. It is understandable, but funny all the same.

But you get a pass because you are a immigrant. But because you are Russian... maybe you are suspect in election rigging.  :D

Offline Maxx2

• Trips: 4 - 10
« Reply #29 on: October 21, 2018, 07:42:06 AM »
Huh?

Only tried Scuba diving once - but as the Black Sea is less salty - less buoyant - than most seas / oceans - wouldn't LESS weights be required ?

Happy to be educated ;)

The salinity is about half. The reason is because it is fed with many rivers with their fresh water. The other thing this does is there is much more micro organisms fed into the Sea by these rivers. This causes the cloudiness and less visibility than the oceans. Nice thing though is sharks are not a problem. The Black Sea has a unique water compilation. Below 200 meters or feet, forget which, the water does not contain oxygen. This limits life in most of the Sea. In the upper layer the low salt content limits much of the Oceans' fish, including the sharks as they can't handle fresh water. The only exception would be bull sharks, but they've never been known to be in the Black Sea. There are a few shark species in the Black Sea, but they are small and harmless.

Offline GQBlues

• Trips: None (yet)
« Reply #30 on: October 21, 2018, 08:13:30 AM »

The salinity is about half. The reason is because it is fed with many rivers with their fresh water. The other thing this does is there is much more micro organisms fed into the Sea by these rivers. This causes the cloudiness and less visibility than the oceans. Nice thing though is sharks are not a problem. The Black Sea has a unique water compilation. Below 200 meters or feet, forget which, the water does not contain oxygen. This limits life in most of the Sea. In the upper layer the low salt content limits much of the Oceans' fish, including the sharks as they can't handle fresh water. The only exception would be bull sharks, but they've never been known to be in the Black Sea. There are a few shark species in the Black Sea, but they are small and harmless.

Per volume, fresh water weighs less than salt water. Principle of buoyancy is weight displacement. The weight of an object in the water, salty or fresh, that is equal to the area it displaces, determines buoyancy. Diving will more than likely require less weight aid when diving in the Black Sea.

That’s courtesy of US public school education taught in 1st grade.  :P
« Last Edit: October 21, 2018, 08:15:59 AM by GQBlues »
Quote from: msmob
1. Because of 'man', global warming is causing desert and arid areas to suffer long, dry spell.
2. The 2018 Camp Fire and Woolsey California wildfires are forests burning because of global warming.
3. N95 mask will choke you dead after 30 min. of use.

Offline Donna_Pedro

« Reply #31 on: October 21, 2018, 08:26:10 AM »

But you get a pass because you are a immigrant. But because you are Russian... maybe you are suspect in election rigging.  :D

Just election rigging? Please suspect me in Crimea repatriation too.. :-)
Kaplah!

Online krimster2

• Trips: Resident
« Reply #32 on: October 21, 2018, 09:00:37 AM »
 "less buoyant - than most seas / oceans - wouldn't LESS weights be required ?"

you're right MSMOB, I wrote the reverse, being distracted at the time
the difference is actually pretty small between the ocean and black sea in terms of diving weights
the only time I used weights was on the wreck dive because of currents
a lot less diving going on in Crimea now compared to in the past
the dive shop I used to go to doesn't exist anymore

Online krimster2

« Reply #33 on: October 21, 2018, 09:33:27 AM »
"Please suspect me in Crimea repatriation too.. :-)"

NO!
We know that wasn’t you!
It was Sergei Aksyonov, a local Crimean mobster nicknamed “Goblin” who also happens to be an ultra-right wing Russian nationalist who stormed the Crimean Parliament building with his armed criminal gang when it was empty late at night with weapons provided by Russia
who then proceeded to take an electronic vote using MP voting keys
and declared himself the new prime minister of Crimea (an office he still holds)
and then declared a future vote on leaving Russia and joining Ukraine
all done by 30 armed men
so perfectly legal and democratic by Russian definition
since there is actually no such thing as rule of law or democracy in Russia

Offline Donna_Pedro

« Reply #34 on: October 21, 2018, 10:19:34 AM »
"Please suspect me in Crimea repatriation too.. :-)"

NO!
We know that wasn’t you!
It was Sergei Aksyonov, a local Crimean mobster nicknamed “Goblin” who also happens to be an ultra-right wing Russian nationalist who stormed the Crimean Parliament building with his armed criminal gang when it was empty late at night with weapons provided by Russia
who then proceeded to take an electronic vote using MP voting keys
and declared himself the new prime minister of Crimea (an office he still holds)
and then declared a future vote on leaving Russia and joining Ukraine
all done by 30 armed men
so perfectly legal and democratic by Russian definition
since there is actually no such thing as rule of law or democracy in Russia

With all due respect,  I have heard a different version of the events and before you start thinking "propaganda" I need to explain that it comes from my extended family members.   I am more inclined to trust their version of events as they lived in the midst of them.  As far as propaganda goes, in 17 years of life in America,  I would be a subject to american propaganda rather than the one from RF. 
« Last Edit: October 21, 2018, 10:26:17 AM by Donna_Pedro »
Kaplah!

Online krimster2

« Reply #35 on: October 21, 2018, 10:57:55 AM »
with all due respect,
I lived in Russia!
I know all about "stories" from extended family members
from Beslan to sinking of the Kursk
and YOU know these stories as well, I'm sure!!!
and stories is all that they are, figments of someone's imagination...

you know perfectly well that the head of the Crimean Mafia Sergey Aksyonov with his mafia gang stormed the parliament building in Simferopol late at night on  February 27, 2014, overpowering it's only security guard with weapons provided by the GRU

then they stole the voting keys and voted Sergey Aksyonov as head of Crimean Parliment, which he still is

if you don't know this go spend 5 minutes on GOOGLE
but I HAVE NOTICED a massive on-line effort to remove his name from these events, I wonder why?

meanwhile yet another Russian indicted for interference in 2016 election, this one belongs to Putin's Chef, you know the same one who lost Russian personnel in Syria to American forces!
oh my!

Offline BillyB

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
« Reply #36 on: October 21, 2018, 11:10:12 AM »

monetary aspect is associated with success. How many broke people you know and respect are world famous for their accomplishments?

BillyB - how many RU schools have you visited ?

Enough to know they'll never produce a Bill Gates, Jeff Bezos, Steve Jobs, or Einstein. The environment Russia provides their citizens doesn't allow for success on ones own merits. If one is to get rich, they have to be part of the corruption and get permission to be rich.

How important are schools to geniuses anyway? Most smart people are smarter than the teachers that educate them. Schools are great for the most people but even if somebody finishes school with straight A's they are an expert in nothing. When they join the workforce, that's when we find out the winners and losers.
Fund the audits, spread the word and educate people, write your politicians and other elected officials. Stay active in the fight to save our country. Over 220 generals and admirals say we are in a fight for our survival like no other time since 1776.

Online krimster2

Observations on Russian Life
« Reply #37 on: October 21, 2018, 11:14:37 AM »
observations on Russian life

a reductionist view

there is very little social mobility in Russia
rich class of oligarchs who stole state assets and then exhibit “rent seeking”
middle class has low salaries, difficult to buy a house-equivalent to poor in USA
poor - babooshka selling samachkie on the street corner poor

getting a degree will get you into the middle class in Russia, but it will likely be on the low end of middle class, most likely you will be working for the Russian government for between $500 to $2,000 month

saving up to buy a house will not be easy mortgage rates will shock you!
so you have to buy in cash!

starting a business in Russia is difficult and VERY risky, so most people don’t take this route

plus on top of that declining ruble that raises prices of imported goods, declining economy with high inflation/interest rates
means not a lot of hope for improvement in the future

but hey Russia is "stalnoy" and standing up to Amerika, so it's worth the price that the poor and middle class have to pay
and after all, the oligarchs on the sanctions list have a special Putin supplied sanctions compensation fund, so they're all just fine
funny how this fund wasn't cut but pensions are
oops guess time to go and acquire some more territory
hmmm Donbass looks tasty
and Odessa!

Offline Donna_Pedro

« Reply #38 on: October 21, 2018, 11:32:30 AM »
with all due respect,
I lived in Russia!
I know all about "stories" from extended family members
from Beslan to sinking of the Kursk
and YOU know these stories as well, I'm sure!!!
and stories is all that they are, figments of someone's imagination...

you know perfectly well that the head of the Crimean Mafia Sergey Aksyonov with his mafia gang stormed the parliament building in Simferopol late at night on  February 27, 2014, overpowering it's only security guard with weapons provided by the GRU

then they stole the voting keys and voted Sergey Aksyonov as head of Crimean Parliment, which he still is

if you don't know this go spend 5 minutes on GOOGLE
but I HAVE NOTICED a massive on-line effort to remove his name from these events, I wonder why?

meanwhile yet another Russian indicted for interference in 2016 election, this one belongs to Putin's Chef, you know the same one who lost Russian personnel in Syria to American forces!
oh my!

So did I. For nearly 35 years. I was in the midst of events in October 1993 during the rebellion, when the tanks shot White house (in Moscow) from the bridge.  I can tell you, because I  used to live not too far from that place and to this day I remember that weird sound the window glass made with each shot. And even my  child remembers  laying between the seats of his dad's car when they attempted to beat the crowd maching towards TV tower. I do remember my neighbour cried trying to stop her husband from going to "defend" the white house.  These are not figments of my imagination, thank you very much. So I do believe my family members who were there to witness all the events.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2018, 11:38:36 AM by Donna_Pedro »
Kaplah!

Offline jone

« Reply #39 on: October 21, 2018, 11:45:45 AM »
Thank you all for your posts.  And let's stop the Willy Waving. 

Your (collective) insights regarding the future social mobility of a young Russian boy is very valuable.  I would think that a woman, regardless of her love of the Rossiya, would be giving her child an advantage by raising him/her in Western society whereby they can make many choices.
Kissing girls is a goodness.  It beats the hell out of card games.  - Robert Heinlein

Offline jone

« Reply #40 on: October 21, 2018, 11:49:29 AM »
Krimster,

I wanted t respond to your thoughts on mothers vs. women who have never had a child.

While many men on the forum (yourself at the age you were looking) are young enough to marry a woman who does not have children and should have them .... I've never met a FSU Woman who did not wish to have any child..... LOL.  So, for us guys that are no longer young enough to be new fathers, what is wrong with having a child in the house?  I would rather treasure such a situation.

Especially if the family unit can work.....
Kissing girls is a goodness.  It beats the hell out of card games.  - Robert Heinlein

Online krimster2

« Reply #41 on: October 21, 2018, 11:50:42 AM »
ok...

IMHO. biggest factor would be level of commitment from step-father
with the understanding that stepson relationship will involve a LOT of effort on his part
mother sounds to me like a Rodina lover and probably will not adapt well to life in America which will also hurt her son's ability to do so
my advice to them is to stay in Rodina
and for WM to look for woman without a child
sounds harsh, I know...

Offline ML

« Reply #42 on: October 21, 2018, 11:51:55 AM »

Your (collective) insights regarding the future social mobility of a young Russian boy is very valuable.  I would think that a woman, regardless of her love of the Rossiya, would be giving her child an advantage by raising him/her in Western society whereby they can make many choices.

Jon, I think you are underestimating the power of the crap that Russians are fed (and seem to eat eagerly) about circumstances, conditions, and events in USA.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2018, 11:53:27 AM by ML »
A beautiful woman is pleasant to look at, but it is easier to live with a pleasant acting one.

Offline GQBlues

• Trips: None (yet)
« Reply #43 on: October 21, 2018, 12:02:09 PM »

This is a flawed, maybe misdirected, discussion. Firstly, if the woman’s conviction is that strong it cannot, rather should not, be changed by opinions and/or suggestions by people in the internet she doesn’t know over a subject that is so subjective and in many cases driven by nationalistic pride.

I question her state of mind involving herself in a relationship with a foreign man knowing full well what her conviction is. Methinks she never had aspiration of leaving Russia and hoped to lure him to move there to be a provider economic comfort.

As far as the man is concerned, if this is an issue, Move on. Simple things need not be made complicated.

Live long and prosper!
« Last Edit: October 21, 2018, 12:05:42 PM by GQBlues »
Quote from: msmob
1. Because of 'man', global warming is causing desert and arid areas to suffer long, dry spell.
2. The 2018 Camp Fire and Woolsey California wildfires are forests burning because of global warming.
3. N95 mask will choke you dead after 30 min. of use.

Offline ML

« Reply #44 on: October 21, 2018, 12:03:28 PM »
Concerning education comparisons between USA and FSU; as everyone should know, each person's opinion is heavily based on their own experiences, even as their experiences are not the norm for either area.

For instance my wife, who is teaching at a flagship USA university can truthfully say that most of the students she gets in her junior level university math courses are less prepared than the 10th and 11th grade students she taught in Ukraine.

But then I have to remind her (for 20th time) that she taught in a 'magnet type' STEM oriented high school which was a feeder school for the best Ukrainian university.

Then she readily admits that, had she taught at a standard high school in Ukraine, her experience would have been totally different.

So many discussions/arguments about this topic are nothing more than comparing apples to oranges.
A beautiful woman is pleasant to look at, but it is easier to live with a pleasant acting one.

Offline Donna_Pedro

« Reply #45 on: October 21, 2018, 12:04:51 PM »
ok...

IMHO. biggest factor would be level of commitment from step-father
with the understanding that stepson relationship will involve a LOT of effort on his part
mother sounds to me like a Rodina lover and probably will not adapt well to life in America which will also hurt her son's ability to do so
my advice to them is to stay in Rodina
and for WM to look for woman without a child
sounds harsh, I know...

I cannot agree twith this statement. You can consider my husband to be a Rodina lover. He loves HIS motherland, so he is able to appreciate and respect that I am doing the same to my motherland.  And 17  years of marriage is good proof of the fact that it works just fine. Not to mention a very successfull well adjusted child.
Kaplah!

Offline BillyB

« Reply #46 on: October 21, 2018, 12:33:05 PM »

If a woman thinks America is a bad place to live, whether her concerns are real or imagined, a guy should not bring her to America. If a woman hates the place her husband brought her to and refuses to embrace the culture, it'll greatly increase the chances of divorce.
Fund the audits, spread the word and educate people, write your politicians and other elected officials. Stay active in the fight to save our country. Over 220 generals and admirals say we are in a fight for our survival like no other time since 1776.

Online krimster2

« Reply #47 on: October 21, 2018, 12:36:43 PM »
"what is wrong with having a child in the house?  I would rather treasure such a situation."

this all COMPLETELY depends on the man in question and his character
can he accept this child and raise him as though he is his own child?
especially since he doesn't even know this child or even speak with him at the moment due to language barrier
can he put forth this major effort on behalf of this child's welfare, at a time when most men are thinking of retiring?
does he have children of his own as well?

potential negatives will be the mother's behavior, jealousy, possessiveness, failure to adapt, etc
IMHO, if he can score a RW WITH a child he can score one WITHOUT
given the choice, I have NO IDEA why someone would pick a woman WITH a child
probably twice as hard to be successful in this relationship than a woman WITHOUT a child

without knowing more info about the people involved, I'd recommend not doing this!
leave the fairy tales to books, real life is much more brutal and harsh

Online krimster2

« Reply #48 on: October 21, 2018, 12:47:45 PM »
“ cannot agree twith this statement. You can consider my husband to be a Rodina lover. He loves HIS motherland, so he is able to appreciate and respect that I am doing the same to my motherland. 

schto te gavorish?
so you love Russia and that’s why you accept the lies the government makes to keep Putin in power?
let me make a wild guess that you and your husband are also Trump supporters!

but despite your love of Russia, you don’t live in Russia, curious...
so there must be something you love more than Russia that ended up bringing you to America
I wonder what it could be, baseball?

Offline Donna_Pedro

« Reply #49 on: October 21, 2018, 01:53:39 PM »
“ cannot agree twith this statement. You can consider my husband to be a Rodina lover. He loves HIS motherland, so he is able to appreciate and respect that I am doing the same to my motherland. 

schto te gavorish?
so you love Russia and that’s why you accept the lies the government makes to keep Putin in power?
let me make a wild guess that you and your husband are also Trump supporters!

but despite your love of Russia, you don’t live in Russia, curious...
so there must be something you love more than Russia that ended up bringing you to America
I wonder what it could be, baseball?

1. Truth and lies are both subjective terms.
2.  [size=0pt]You made it sound like supporting the President is a bad thing. [/size]
  [/size]S[size=0pt]3.  There are a number of countries in the world that I do love  but I dont live there.
4. I love my husband and enjoy ever minute of our 17 years marriage.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2018, 02:17:41 PM by Donna_Pedro »
Kaplah!

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8883
Latest: Leroy14
New This Month: 1
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 541003
Total Topics: 20849
Most Online Today: 2013
Most Online Ever: 12701
(January 14, 2020, 07:04:55 AM)
Users Online
Members: 11
Guests: 1867
Total: 1878

+-Recent Posts

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by ML
Today at 10:31:43 AM

Re: What to do by krimster2
Today at 09:47:10 AM

What to do by 2tallbill
Today at 09:37:41 AM

Re: If you don't know what you are talking about, post away anyway by 2tallbill
Today at 09:18:17 AM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Today at 07:00:25 AM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Brillynt
Today at 06:16:36 AM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Yesterday at 09:20:42 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Infoman
Yesterday at 09:12:54 PM

Yesterday at 09:02:12 PM

American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Infoman
Yesterday at 08:45:42 PM