It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: Which is the quickest way to bring a Russian lady to USA  (Read 10680 times)

Offline Johnnypt1

• Crazy for a Russian lady
  • Spouse's Country: Russia
  • Trips: None (yet)
Which is the quickest way to bring a Russian lady to USA
« on: November 10, 2012, 05:21:11 PM »
I have met a genuinely wonderful Russian woman that is legitimate and fraud-free.    The plan is that I will meet her in Moscow in January where she will fly to meet me there (mind you she is paying her way to meet up with me).  I want to know if anyone has suggestions how to get her in the USA as quick as possible after our initial meeting.   To complicate the situation is that she is recently divorced and her ex who is not involved with the children will probably not agree to let the children leave the country.  We will marry when she comes to me if not sooner.   We don't want to wait two years to be together.  She suggested that she apply for a tourist visa during the kids Spring break in march/April which will be an unsuspecting time and come here then not go back.   We are both intelligent professionals and want to be together but at the same time want to do the right thing.  Please I invite comments/suggestions.   Appreciate any help. 
John:)Russian2bwithlena

Offline bobcat

Re: Which is the quickest way to bring a Russian lady to USA
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2012, 05:48:01 PM »
Living in fairy land dude. Talking of marriage before your initial meeting?

Why "as quick as possible"? Desperate for a house-keeper?

Get real, let the courtship take it's course so you can learn about each other.

"come here then not go back"
and "We are both intelligent professionals" doesn't sound like you are too intelligent.

Offline Johnnypt1

« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2012, 05:57:18 PM »
Thanks bobcat that was helpful bro. 

Offline Eduard

• Commercial Member Restricted
  • Family is where it's at!
  • Trips: > 10
« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2012, 06:00:13 PM »
The quickest way would prolly be flying her to Mexico (no visa needed) and then crossing the border as every one else seem to do.  8)
realrussianmatch.com

Offline Eduard

« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2012, 06:06:23 PM »
But if it was me I'd meet with her first, then meet again, spend 2 or 3 weeks together each time. If her English is fluent you might be able to figure out her personality somewhat. If not, you will figure her out after you have been living together for a year or so. Hope that she is really wonderful the way you are perceiving her now but also be ready to find out that you really misread her. How do you guys communicate?
realrussianmatch.com

Offline Johnnypt1

« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2012, 06:15:08 PM »
Thanks Eduard I agree that I need to slow it down.   We communicate daily via viber, email, Skype.   She is fluent in English and we communicate very well.   

Offline Eduard

« Reply #6 on: November 10, 2012, 06:20:10 PM »
furthermore, not a good idea for her to come here with the kids under false pretense and then stay. First of all it's very unlikely that she'd even be able to do this. Second if she is able to pull it off somehow she may have lots of trouble getting legal residentship for them here. I don't know for sure but it would make sense that the USCIS will ask for father's permission and since you won't have it they may deport the kids and the mom. Also you've only heard one side and don't really know the reality of the situation. maybe their dad loves them very much and wants to see them or maybe even to raise them. You just can't take her word for it at this point. People do not always tell the truth. Go meet here, spend time with her and the kids, see how you get along. The kids might be little out of control monsters and you'll be counting minutes to get away. You just don't know. So do not plan her coming here at this point. Spend your energy trying to figure out how to get to know her and the kids with no language barrier. Slow down!
« Last Edit: November 10, 2012, 06:26:17 PM by Eduard »
realrussianmatch.com

Offline Eduard

« Reply #7 on: November 10, 2012, 06:21:23 PM »
sorry, didn't see your response until I posted.
realrussianmatch.com

Offline calmissile

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
  • Trips: 4 - 10
« Reply #8 on: November 10, 2012, 06:25:02 PM »
Thanks Eduard I agree that I need to slow it down.   We communicate daily via viber, email, Skype.   She is fluent in English and we communicate very well.

My suggestion would be for her to come on a tourist visa for a couple months and then return home and do a K-1/K-2.

If you want to try the route of her staying here on a tourist visa it can be frought with a lot of legal problems.  If you go this route, I would definitely use an immagration attorney.  They can work miracles (legally), but it costs a lot of money.  Also you would want to consult with one before she even applies for a tourist visa.

You wait to be together using a K-1/K-2 would be less than a year after you apply, so that can give you both  time to get to know each other better.  Living with you while on a tourist visa will give you both a chance to get really acquainted in a real life environment.

If her husband will not grant permission for the kids to immigrate, how does she plan to get around that?  If they are over 21, they can't immigrate on a K-2 anyway.  Probably will have to wait some years to immigrate later.  If they are under 21 they must have their fathers notorized permision.

Doug (Calmissile)

Offline calmissile

« Reply #9 on: November 10, 2012, 06:28:11 PM »
P.S.  She would need her husbands permission for the kids to come as part of your tourist visa.
Doug (Calmissile)

Offline ML

« Reply #10 on: November 10, 2012, 06:28:39 PM »
You will get some good suggestions here.

But, just to add a little 'light heartedness' . . .

I think Ben Affleck could probably be a big help to you.
A beautiful woman is pleasant to look at, but it is easier to live with a pleasant acting one.

Offline tfcrew

• North Texas... Married 21 years
« Reply #11 on: November 10, 2012, 06:39:09 PM »
I have met a genuinely wonderful Russian woman  ...  after our initial meeting.   

Confusing there.
You have not actually physically met?
All this should really be in the 'Starting Out' forum.
Without total research, there will be total failure.
~There is no one more blind than those who refuse to see and none more deaf as those who will not listen~
~Think about the intelligence of the average person and then realize that half of the people are even more stupid than that~

Offline newjason

• up up and away...
  • Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: No Selection
« Reply #12 on: November 10, 2012, 07:46:29 PM »
hi Johnnypt1.
Welcome to RWD.
You asked for some comments and suggestions, and you will get many I am sure.
I'd like to give you some advice, if you choose to accept it , well that is up to you.
First of all, based on what you have described about your situation, I would recommend that you
try to gain a little more realistic perspective on all of this.
You can't possibly know anything about being genuine and scam free, even after you meet people, you don't REALLy know them. Only after a year or two of being with someone every day, living with them, doing daily things with them , THEN you might be able to make these statements and have them be solid.
Let's be frank,  You have a RW that has your attention over the internet. that's all you have.
You know little to nothing about her really.
Talking about bringing her here (wherever that is) under the guise of marriage or any other reason is a total fantasy.
Let me ask you this:
how many people have you befriended on the internet?
how many of those people have you met in Real life?
Of those, (if any) how many were foreigners?

I just returned from Moscow, and I will tell you seriously. The only thing that you can be sure of 100%
is that you will freeze your ass off if you don't come prepared with the proper apparel.

Forget all that gobelty gook that is in your head about her.
Right now all you have is an attractive pen pal.
If and when you meet her, then start collecting thoughts about her, not before.
Because when you meet in person, all that internet time is gone out the window in the first 2 minutes.

keep it real and don't be in a hurry. It's not going to happen fast. It may take years to be successful.

again, welcome :)

Jason

« Last Edit: November 10, 2012, 10:12:46 PM by newjason »

Offline Vaughn

• Trips: No Selection
« Reply #13 on: November 10, 2012, 07:53:24 PM »
To complicate the situation is that she is recently divorced.... 

Aside from the children issue and the fact you've not yet met face to face, be very very sure to (and you'll have to shelve your enthusiasm here for a few moments) check the statistics on rebound marriages. My second marriage was one of 'em, and as the odds had it, it failed miserably - and very quickly.

I agree. Slow down, both of you, and stop thinking quick fix. If you both realize your premature feelings are real upon meeting, she should consult a local attorney about establishing sole custody. The cold truth is: if those children are still young, she will not leave them behind.

Enjoy your visit. Then plan to make a few more.

Offline Daveman

« Reply #14 on: November 10, 2012, 07:59:40 PM »
The first step (as others and yourself mentioned) would be to slow down.

The tourist visa may or may not be possible.  She could probably get one if she left her kid(s) at home as that would indicate an intent to return.  Tourist visas seem to be almost a flip of a coin. Some get them; others don't. 

Using a tourist visa for/with the intent of immigration is definitely not advisable.  Best case, she'd pull it off and actually get one with children in tow, AND then successfully navigate all the legal hoops and landmines .. worst case - deportation and/or lifetime ban from ever returning.

Welcome to the Asylum..  8)

The duty of a true patriot is to protect his country from its government. -- Thomas Paine

Offline Ade

Re: Which is the quickest way to a disastrous marriage
« Reply #15 on: November 10, 2012, 11:07:09 PM »
I have met a genuinely wonderful Russian woman that is legitimate and fraud-free.    The plan is that I will meet her in Moscow in January where she will fly to meet me there (mind you she is paying her way to meet up with me).  I want to know if anyone has suggestions how to get her in the USA as quick as possible after our initial meeting.   To complicate the situation is that she is recently divorced and her ex who is not involved with the children will probably not agree to let the children leave the country.  We will marry when she comes to me if not sooner.   We don't want to wait two years to be together.  She suggested that she apply for a tourist visa during the kids Spring break in march/April which will be an unsuspecting time and come here then not go back.   We are both intelligent professionals and want to be together but at the same time want to do the right thing.  Please I invite comments/suggestions.   Appreciate any help.

Really, why do you think any of what you've written is a good idea? Would you chat with someone on the net for a few weeks in your own country and think about marrying them? No?  Why is that do you think? Relationship physics aren't any different because the woman is from Russia. The added complications that she is recently divorced and has kids to think about should also not encourage haste.

Remove these marriage ideas from your head as it puts way too much pressure on you to make it work no matter what, blinding you to realities you really should be fully clear about.

Take a trip, see how it goes. It wouldn't be the first time there was absolutely no physical chemistry upon first meeting even if you were involved in a cyber love fest beforehand. Then, take another, or get her to visit you on a tourist visa. Usually the second meeting is far more informative in terms of relationship compatibility. Rinse and Repeat until you are absolutely sure you can't live without this person without the cyber-infatuation blinding your judgement.

This is not something you want to rush. Or, if you do, you will more than likely regret it. 

Offline Vasilisa

• Trips: Resident
« Reply #16 on: November 10, 2012, 11:14:43 PM »

This is not something you want to rush. Or, if you do, you will more than likely regret it.
I personally know 2 examples when it all worked out and both couples are still happily married with kids  and a lot more couples  where men traveled 5+ times and spent a lot of vacations together before the couple got married got divorced within a year after the wedding.

Offline Vasilisa

« Reply #17 on: November 10, 2012, 11:19:20 PM »
PS: but it both cases where it all worked out the women were kinda "absent minded"

Offline Eduard

« Reply #18 on: November 10, 2012, 11:26:30 PM »
PS: but it both cases where it all worked out the women were kinda "absent minded"
what do you mean?
realrussianmatch.com

Offline Vasilisa

« Reply #19 on: November 10, 2012, 11:49:14 PM »
what do you mean?
Just a type of a personality, when the woman  believes everything the man says no matter what he is saying.  Never sees any red flags, not sceptical at all,  doesn't have her own point of view, if the man says it's good then it's good, if the man says it's bad then it's bad, doesn't understand sarcasm or irony, etc.

Something like: the man comes home at 4 am drunk with lipstick marks all over his body and women's underwear in his pockets saying :"Dear , it was a top secret over-time work", she would just say:"Oh, honey, you must be tired! Do you want me to help you with the bath and give you a massage to relax a little bit?" :D

Offline Eduard

« Reply #20 on: November 10, 2012, 11:55:18 PM »
Just a type of a personality, when the woman  believes everything the man says no matter what he is saying.  Never sees any red flags, not sceptical at all,  doesn't have her own point of view, if the man says it's good then it's good, if the man says it's bad then it's bad, doesn't understand sarcasm or irony, etc.

Something like: the man comes home at 4 am drunk with lipstick marks all over his body and women's underwear in his pockets saying :"Dear , it was a top secret over-time work", she would just say:"Oh, honey, you must be tired! Do you want me to help you with the bath and give you a massage to relax a little bit?" :D
are there women like that???
realrussianmatch.com

Offline Vasilisa

« Reply #21 on: November 10, 2012, 11:58:39 PM »
are there women like that???
Well, the example above  is a little bit 'over", but I know 4 women that always side with their men and the men are always right, all of them are happily married and don't work. (not independent women ;D)

By the way, watch "Брилиантовая рука".

Offline Ade

« Reply #22 on: November 11, 2012, 01:24:55 AM »
I personally know 2 examples when it all worked out and both couples are still happily married with kids  and a lot more couples  where men traveled 5+ times and spent a lot of vacations together before the couple got married got divorced within a year after the wedding.

Uh huh, and I've personally heard of people winning the lottery but I don't go around telling people to quit work and buy a lottery ticket while advising them that others have done that and it worked out fine for them.

We are not even talking about a one week wonder here which is nutty enough.

It's all about minimizing risk while maximizing the potential for success. Even the quite extensive data gathered by this site indicates that initial success in marriage is determined by the amount of time spent getting to know someone before marriage.

But if you believe in this method so much, you should try it. At least guys wouldn't get enough time to see how high maintenance you'd be.

Offline Globetrotter

« Reply #23 on: November 11, 2012, 01:30:40 AM »
And just why are you in such a hurry to marry a girl you have never, ever met? 
Incredible!  I have known my girl for over 2 years, met 7 times on several continents, and are still thinking about it.
Are you just horney, or stupid?  Would you do the same with a girl in the USA?  Do you think this is easy?  Do you think that a relationship with a girl from a different culture, different country who speaks a different language is a good path to follow?  Yet, you want to marry one without meeting her?  Grow up and get a life....and demand a pre-nup if you have 2 nickels to rub together.  Amazing....not unlike our western dufus who married a baby and thinks all will be good...another one week wonder.  Grow some balls, think of what you are contemplating...then think again! 
Go back to school and study psychology, you know, the study of human behavior, then again, study your own!  Amazing!  Where do they come from?

Offline ECOCKS

• To those who deserve it, good luck.
« Reply #24 on: November 11, 2012, 01:44:11 AM »
Living in fairy land dude. Talking of marriage before your initial meeting?

Why "as quick as possible"? Desperate for a house-keeper?

Get real, let the courtship take it's course so you can learn about each other.

"come here then not go back"
and "We are both intelligent professionals" doesn't sound like you are too intelligent.

+1 (X 1000)!

Few people here would care to encourage you in your pursuit of fraudulent representation, kidnapping children and a foolhardy love affair.
Pick and choose carefully among the advice offered and consider the source carefully. PM, Skype or email if you care to chat or discuss

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8883
Latest: Leroy14
New This Month: 1
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 541008
Total Topics: 20849
Most Online Today: 2013
Most Online Ever: 12701
(January 14, 2020, 07:04:55 AM)
Users Online
Members: 11
Guests: 1867
Total: 1878

+-Recent Posts

Re: What to do by krimster2
Today at 01:09:03 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Trenchcoat
Today at 12:51:13 PM

Re: What to do by Trenchcoat
Today at 12:33:48 PM

Re: If you don't know what you are talking about, post away anyway by Trenchcoat
Today at 12:24:44 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Today at 11:16:08 AM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by ML
Today at 10:31:43 AM

Re: What to do by krimster2
Today at 09:47:10 AM

What to do by 2tallbill
Today at 09:37:41 AM

Re: If you don't know what you are talking about, post away anyway by 2tallbill
Today at 09:18:17 AM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Today at 07:00:25 AM