It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: R/U Women boards  (Read 4719 times)

Offline BC

• Spouse's Country: Russia
  • Trips: 4 - 10
R/U Women boards
« on: February 03, 2005, 12:14:49 PM »
Prompted by one of Donna's recent post regarding women scheming on other boards I decided to take a look at one of them.  Using translate.ru www page translation I was able to follow a good bit of the posts and conversations.

Didn't really find much at all in the way of women scheming to screw their husbands over or scam newbies, but a lot about keyboard romeos, sex tourists, some real nutcases and no-shows.  Overall quite balanced at first sight.. Was quite surprised to see so many posts about european men also..

This was only one board but thought I would pass on my first impressions..

Offline Goombah

R/U Women boards
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2005, 12:40:21 PM »
Tell us more!

Offline BC

R/U Women boards
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2005, 01:15:43 PM »
Goombah,

Actually it's revealing to peek at the flip side first hand.. Try it! will pm the the board addy to you.

ok.. ok..  The story that impressed me the most was a guy that pretty much misrepresented himself regarding his life and financial position. After her arrival she saw that things were not quite correct.. found out things like his mother had loaned the money she needed to travel and pay for the embassy interview, medical etc. The guy was way over his head in debt from his previous marriage and travels etc.  Simply suckered into a hopeless situation.

Pretty much sounded like he was looking for a 'hostage' to bring into his desperate situation thinking that a RW would be less inclined to leave him..

Offline BC

R/U Women boards
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2005, 12:04:12 AM »
Here's another gem:

On one of the reportedly more 'radical' boards a RW posted that she was not satisfied sexually and was thinking about moving on to another BF.

The mod and others pretty much blasted her for even thinking about it since the husband was able to 'dock'(funny translation term), loved her and was not being abusive or unsupportive. The mod gave her a few good tips how she should try and improve herself and work on the situation.  In other words she should not throw the towel so easily, even though the guy may have had an affair (if I understood correctly)

Not 'radical' at all IMHO.

There's plenty of abuse posts with seemingly appropriate suggestions but haven't been able to find systimatic 'scheming' going on at all.  The abuse posts usually have enough detail and specifics that lead me to believe they are valid cases.

I'm not going to clutter this board with more 'gems' since the purpose here was to emphasize that there usually is a flipside to some of the stories we hear.

Impressions of a widespread 'Greencard Girl' strategy may not be that accurate, especially after marriage.  A scammer is probably quite happy living off her proceeds and likely has little desire or need to immigrate.  

« Last Edit: February 04, 2005, 12:11:00 AM by BC »

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8884
Latest: Eugeneecott
New This Month: 0
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 541299
Total Topics: 20860
Most Online Today: 3602