It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: Love and FSU partners during this COVID crisis  (Read 9507 times)

Offline msmob

• Spouse's Country: Russia
  • Trips: > 10
Love and FSU partners during this COVID crisis
« on: August 03, 2020, 01:00:12 AM »
Can we make this thread a sticky, please ?

This is info for those with a RU wife / g/f as of August 1st

1/ Unless they have residency in a third country they cannot fly there

2/ Russians can now fly to the UK, ( quarantine) and Turkey on normal visa regimes ... In Turkey you'll be checked, but if clear  - you can meet up

You can meet up in Tanzania, too !

If folks have info re Ukraine / Belarus, etc., can I suggest it is posted here ?

http://www.themoscowtimes.com/2020/07/24/russia-to-resume-flights-with-britain-turkey-tanzania-from-aug-1-a70972

Offline ML

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
Re: Love and FSU partners during this COVID crisis
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2020, 08:54:26 AM »
I have a UW wife.
I tested negative for Covid as was required for a follow up medical operation I had a few weeks back.
Wife took Covid test last week as was required for University students and employees.  Results not back yet.

We are quarantined together on our property in small town USA.
Not tired of each other . . . yet.

Having regular sex; but I feel somewhat guilty about this in view of the cases of several others here.

Keeping very busy with tons of outdoor projects.
Getting much more done than in a typical summer because wifey did not go to Ukraine for a month (or at all), as was the earlier practice.
We are watching another Great Courses lecture series on the History of Russia from Peter the Great to Gorbachev.
A beautiful woman is pleasant to look at, but it is easier to live with a pleasant acting one.

Online krimster2

• Trips: Resident
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2020, 09:43:51 AM »
mobers,

even this year, I’ve made a TON of money in Russia, most of it bitcoin
so I don’t even have to worry about repatriation...

so I’m kinda surprised a smart fella like yurself, and I sincerely believe you ARE a smart fella
hasn’t figured out a good way to make money in Russia
and just “gone and done it”

then you can be like me and get Permanent Residency and a Work Permit and INN number
and when I come to Domodedovo I am allowed to leave and drive straight to my house which is a 20 minute drive from the airport!

also, there are a LOT of charter air companies in Moscva, google them...
they will fly you to Moscow on their charter, from the USA the price was $5000, don’t know about the UK, they will handle everything but the quarantine for you....
all you need is a Moscva address somewhere....
no, you can’t use mine!!!  I will be there myself at the end of next month in full quarantine for 2 weeks before I am allowed to do anything else, I will watch a lot of BBC and Russian MTV for sure...
and then "Holy Crap" I am getting a Covid-19 vaccine with my 2 daughters
and then I have to go into FREAKING QUARANTINE again!!!
MFer!!!
by the time I'm done with quarantine, it's gonna be starting to get cold already...
then I have to get ready to meet my future in-laws

"Peter the Great to Gorbachev" didn't they later change their name to "The Leningrad Cowboys"?

« Last Edit: August 03, 2020, 09:52:33 AM by krimster2 »

Offline msmob

« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2020, 09:55:36 AM »
My bad for not making this clear...

This thread is for those with a FSU lady on her FSU nation and you in another.

Normal visa regs are NOT  applying at the mo.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2020, 12:48:03 PM by msmob »

Online krimster2

« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2020, 10:02:57 AM »
there's what 2-3 of you in this "club"...
ok...

I like my club better!
I have 5 women who wait on me "hand and foot" at the moment...
I live the life of a country squire on his estate in the country...
it's paradise...

Offline Boethius

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: No Selection
« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2020, 02:14:33 PM »
Ukraine's borders are open to foreigners.  The foreigner must provide proof of medical insurance.  In some cases, they may be required to go for a COVID test.

Ukrainians are crossing the border to Russia now.  Those going long term must submit to a COVID test.

This post was composed without the aid of google.
After the fall of communism, the biggest mistake Boris Yeltsin's regime made was not to disband the KGB altogether. Instead it changed its name to the FSB and, to many observers, morphed into a gangster organisation, eventually headed by master criminal Vladimir Putin. - Gerard Batten

Online krimster2

« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2020, 02:40:53 PM »
the mask rule in Russia was lifted couple of weeks ago...
there is now free, open travel EVERYWHERE in Russia...even to Crimea...
yet at the same time, all the local hospitals are nearly full....

in two more months, front line medical personnel and teachers will begin receiving their FREE covid-19 vaccine, thanks to Putin!!!
how are you poor Americans managing with YOUR PRESIDENT?
we just voted to pretty much make Putin President for life...
will you do that with your President as well, I wonder?

so you can imagine, what other laurels, our nashi president might receive
if for humanity's sake, he is forced to take "aktion" to "SAVE UKRAINE FROM FASCISM"
and then reopen the Northern Crimean Canal...
the video narrative of the flood gates opening, and the water slowly pouring into parched fields tilled by tired, hungry looking farmers
pretty much just says it all
Eisenstein coulda filmed that without a single slovo...

when the Russian troops come into Odessa
I won't be far behind
imagine the fresh deals to be made with the new Russian property court
take all my one day in the future, worthless US dollars here and dispose of them ASAP
hahahahaha

in 2 more years, it will be possible to buy a Ukrainian castle, a literal freaking castle, near the coast of the Chorny Moira, in a "friendly" Russian court, after I buy the court a few presents
for roughly 2 million USD.....
and have enough land attached for a decent sized working farm
quick drive to the sea or Odessa, a literal freakin castle with an attached farm
a great place for my future grandchildren to spend the summer!

PS, "it's" coming NEXT YEAR
after, North Stream Dva is making Euros

it won't EVEN matter anymore, Trump V Biden
the covid-19 wind will be at Russia's back and America's front next year
America will not go to war over Eastern Ukraine aka Novo Russiya in those kinda winds
and the war part will be over with faster than the USA can think up or even apply new sanctions...
fait accompli...
just
waitin on the completion of the last of 4 pipelines to completely bypass Ukraine
depriving Ukraine of any leverage or gas transfer revenue or even gas theft!!
then time to deprive them of some more land, horrosho?
slovo, moy brat, moy bratnoy brat

« Last Edit: August 03, 2020, 05:07:23 PM by krimster2 »

Offline SteveInBoston

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
  • Trips: 1 - 3
« Reply #7 on: August 03, 2020, 08:44:37 PM »
T had her visa medical exam today in Kyiv.  She took an overnight train yesterday, and is now on an overnight train back to her city.

This has been the longest we've been apart.  The plan was for her to try to get a tourist visa to visit here this summer, or if that failed, then for me to visit.  But Covid happened.

The bright side is that the spouse visa process went by very quick.  We will be together soon, and we're already talking about the next trip.))

My dogs help a lot actually.  I think I would have gone bonkers long since.  We chat everyday, as usual, and the communication is still as fresh as day one.  We talk on voice about once a week, and she always sound excited to talk to me (I don't know how she does it - she makes me feel like I'm the most important person in the world). 

It also helps a bit that we keep ourselves busy.

I installed a second washing machine at the house, a front loader (LG).  I use the top loader for the dog's blankets and towels.  There is always too much hair afterwards - I hated rinsing the machine twice or three times to do a normal load of clothes.  I just need to do one last thing - change the PVC drain pipe from 1.5 inch to 2 inch to accommodate both drain lines.  Currently I use one washing machine at a time, but I know one day I will forget to swap the drain hose...

T got a larger apartment to host her other nephew and her sister.  They moved in a few months ago, but her sister moved back out to a different city to work and get her life sorted (she broke up from her long time boyfriend).  Now T watches over both nephews.   She got the older nephew a part time summer job working at her friend's beach-side kiosk as a line cook for shashlik and kabobs.  She is taking the younger nephew to physical therapy several times a week to treat an orthopedic issue he's had since he was young.  She also enrolled both in private English lessons. And she took up gardening.

That is about it.

Offline msmob

« Reply #8 on: September 17, 2020, 10:33:54 AM »
Having first applied for a French Schengen for SC in early June ( we paused the application as her passport expired in Nov ) SC got a txt message to inform her that her passport ( new 10 year one) is on its way back from the French Consulate in Moscow

Now, Pat will know that I fired a shot across their bows and reported the delays and questions we had to the French Govt ombudsman

Will SC get a passport back and a refusal...? in which case, I'll be going to war with the French ....

or...

A three month Visa .... the max they are handing out ..... other than for students and those with work permits

I let them have both barrels on Tuesday ... 

Normally, I know my stuff ...  Did I go too far ?!...    By the time she gets the visa ( if she's got it )  France may be closed ((

At any other time, we'd just open the visa in another EU state .... but not sure if that'll work

« Last Edit: September 17, 2020, 11:32:52 AM by msmob »

Offline msmob

« Reply #9 on: September 21, 2020, 03:24:23 AM »
SC just called...

"DHL are at home..told him I am on the beach...The courier wants to come to the beach to deliver ! "...

So, I tell her to, "end the call, don't miss him "..

Minutes later..

SC calls with the unopened DHL envelope in her hand..

This vid shows the opening of the DHL envelope, then a cardboard one, then finally the passport ...

'Only' took 4 months
« Last Edit: September 21, 2020, 03:40:24 AM by msmob »

Offline msmob

« Reply #10 on: December 04, 2020, 06:04:55 AM »
Well, the plan WAS to meet in Paris in October and go together to the UK visa application centre..I have my birth cert, original, Apostilated marriage cert...

But the pandemic meant that President Macron was locking down France and sure enough the VAC was closed and we would have been stuck in Normandy and needing to quarantine in the UK, too when we came back..

So, SC went to Rostov on Don and applied for her British prov. residency permit.

I told her to pay to keep the passport til ready for the visa, but the kind lady at the VAC said "your application will be ready in less than 15 working days!'

That was 40 plus days ago!

So I applied to the UK's Emplyer Checking Service and got a prompt response that SC was not on the database...(((

I wrote to the ECS pointing out her residency / clearance application and two days later....

"Clear to work without restriction " was confirmed to a date in May 21..

Now we know she has had her application to rejoin me approved...

So...WHERE is her passport with said permission, please, UK immigration service?

My helper with Mum is from S.Africa...her visa expired last week and her Biometric  Residency  Card was never sent to the Post Office where it was supposed to be collected and no response ( 5 times) to the online form to report same, other than the acknowledgement..

I had the HRMC chasing me for a 'penalty' for last years Company Tax for a company filed at dormant and no amount of emails proving I HAD filed dormancy and nil for tax resulted in a response..until I initiated Court proceedings...against  them...

All cancelled, costs covered and COVID-19  was the excuse...until I pointed out the issue predated the pandemic by five months...

So, there'll be no letters for that company for four years..unless I kick it into life..

Meanwhile, 100's of EU citizens are entering the UK to rush to get 'settled status' ( residency) before 31st December and flouting pandemic isolation rules..

Our govt is totally incompetent ((

Offline Rosco

« Reply #11 on: December 04, 2020, 07:00:23 AM »
What a mess. I genuinely feel sorry for you guys being separated but had you applied for visa's through the correct channels and paid for the services, you wouldn't be dicking about in EU countries trying to take advantage of EU directives to get her into the UK. It might be cheaper but it often takes longer to get to the bar, by going through the back door.....

We applied through the channels I mention above and never once had a problem. It wasn't cheap but there was none of that hassle you just described. I know you believe you've done it the right way and I don't even want to begin arguing about it, because its not my problem and you wont accept doing it wrong but there's a valuable lesson in here for our readers.

And yes, the UK has never been busier with EU nationals looking settle and move to the UK from the EU. The numbers are astounding!! So much for broken Britain and the incoming doom and gloom....

If only the Eastern block EU nations could return their fake UK citizens and get them to pay back some of their covid loans, they run off with. That would be nice.

Offline msmob

« Reply #12 on: December 04, 2020, 07:09:22 AM »
Rosco,

What is the 'correct channel' / route for our situation?

What is this 'back door' you speak of..it infers illegality..

As the dear reader can observe, SC can work without restrictions, is entitled to free health care and has a NHS and National Insurance number..

This application process should be 15 working days, much faster than applying via the UK spousal visa route.

Our application was accepted and no 'this is not straightforward case' email that many get...SC has numerous Schengens and a current one and a previous UK clearance visa that has expired

You seem to be a-trolling..

Are you suggesting our S.African carer has arrived by the back door, too)))

We are entitled to this route and you are not /  weren't..

My wife is far more protected than using the UK national route should crap happen to me.

She seeks a family permit visa ...not leave to remain..

Please do read up on immigration regs, before posting and proving you do not understand.

Our plans were not UK residency...I am UK resident, only because of the time caring for Ma, here.

If Ma would have agreed to remain in Cyprus......

« Last Edit: December 04, 2020, 02:30:17 PM by msmob »

Offline msmob

« Reply #13 on: December 04, 2020, 07:13:03 AM »

If only the Eastern block EU nations could return their fake UK citizens and get them to pay back some of their covid loans, they run off with. That would be nice.

Rosco, If those defrauding 'UK PLC' have run to the EU, it will be HARDER to seek enforcement action via Courts post 31st December '20.....

I believe such folks have headed further afield.

Offline Rosco

« Reply #14 on: December 04, 2020, 07:38:40 AM »
Moby we all know how you've planned this application and it certainly isn't a straightforward, by the book approach. Few if any other UK based guys have done what you're doing and few if any of us have faced the problems you have. You've manipulated EU status, put applications through 3rd party countries and done things very differently to how the rest of us have.

Anyway, good luck to you. We have our personal differences but I still don't want to see you separated from your new wife. From what you've posted, that mess would give me sleepless nights, so I hope you get it all straightened out asap.

Offline Rosco

« Reply #15 on: December 04, 2020, 08:14:28 AM »
Rosco, If those defrauding 'UK PLC' have run to the EU, it will be HARDER to seek enforcement action via Courts post 31st December '20.....

I believe such folks have headed further afield.

It was almost impossible when we were in the EU so that won't make a difference. From Jan the 1st, foreigners wont be able to do as they did.

Offline msmob

« Reply #16 on: December 04, 2020, 09:28:53 AM »
It was almost impossible when we were in the EU so that won't make a difference. From Jan the 1st, foreigners wont be able to do as they did.

No, it wasn't  ...

Example Civil :

I could take a French company to Court in the UK for non payment and have the judgment enforced in France

Example Criminal cases:

1/ European Arrest Warrant ...  suspect could be arrested for offence in UK and arrested in third EU state .. that will cease.

2/ Shared database: the UK could stop known criminals and refuse entry on grounds of national interest... There'll be no access to that database 

Will you not see, 'protecting our borders' just got harder ?

Offline msmob

« Reply #17 on: December 04, 2020, 09:51:22 AM »
Moby we all know how you've planned this application and it certainly isn't a straightforward

It most certainly IS, straightforward.. ;)

Copy of my UK passport ( and IRL one as backup to my ID and birth place ) birth certificate, copy of Mum's passport, proof of my UK residence ... UK mobile phone bill for 12 years on same number, Car insurance, PoS payments in UK over 6 months, SC's passport, RU 'passport' and scanning of her fingers ... it SHOULD be easier than getting a RU visa as a Brit..

Our application was SO straightforward that it did not get the 'not straightforward' email most applicants are getting and we know SC has the visa, as I have already posted the conformation of her status 'til 31st May next year from the UK Visa & Immigration service's Employer Checking Service..

The issue is WHERE is the passport / visa and where's Ma's carer's BRP from SEPTEMBER ...

1/ No 'back doors'

2/ Plenty of people waiting inordinate times for 'spousal visas', too . 

by the book approach.

Is our route illegal?

Few if any other UK based guys have done what you're doing and few if any of us have faced the problems you have.

Few, guys were born in N.Ireland of British parentage, which allowed me this route...  I could no longer use the 'Surinder Singh' route used in Dec'19 as I'm officially UK resident

You've manipulated EU status, put applications through 3rd party countries and done things very differently to how the rest of us have.

1/ I've been lucky enough to have exercised my treaty rights as a Brit in Cyprus and was living there long before 2006 when the Directive kicked in

2/ I was even LUCKIER when a lass from Dublin was refused to have her US hubbie join her and it went to the UK Supreme Court and the Desouza ruling from that legal precedent made me an 'eligible person of N.Ireland' and allowed to be treated as an EU citizen by my 'wearing the Irish hat' the UK govt tried to 'remove' .. the whole point of the Good Friday Agreement was to allow Irish or Brit EU citizens to be either ..it removed the need to care if you were British or Irish ... another big mess Brexit will recreate

Anyway, good luck to you. We have our personal differences but I still don't want to see you separated from your new wife. From what you've posted, that mess would give me sleepless nights, so I hope you get it all straightened out asap.

Thank you, we've ridden our luck and remained healthy ..
« Last Edit: December 04, 2020, 12:38:41 PM by AnonMod »

Offline msmob

« Reply #18 on: December 04, 2020, 10:07:46 AM »
Rosco has suggested our 'route' was 'slower' and folks do not have issues with his way ...

http://www.theguardian.com/money/2020/aug/20/my-visa-is-vital-but-im-trapped-in-an-application-lockdown

My visa is vital but I'm trapped in an application lockdown
I paid two months ago to extend my spouse visa but the service is not deemed ‘essential’

USD 2700 paid, for  WHAT ?

*We* have the might of the EU who can still fine the UK for dragging their feet.

Thank goodness we have an added layer of protection

Offline Rosco

« Reply #19 on: December 04, 2020, 03:30:15 PM »
Predictable but I wish you the very best of luck.

Offline msmob

« Reply #20 on: December 05, 2020, 12:53:23 AM »
Rosco,

Good morning

Your best wishes are appreciated

The acknowledgement that you posted utter twaddle re immigration 'back doors', etc., would have been great, too))

I  the meantime, I won £2.30 on the Euromillios lottery...My luck never stops..

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8883
Latest: Leroy14
New This Month: 1
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 541004
Total Topics: 20849
Most Online Today: 2013
Most Online Ever: 12701
(January 14, 2020, 07:04:55 AM)
Users Online
Members: 11
Guests: 1874
Total: 1885

+-Recent Posts

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Today at 11:16:08 AM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by ML
Today at 10:31:43 AM

Re: What to do by krimster2
Today at 09:47:10 AM

What to do by 2tallbill
Today at 09:37:41 AM

Re: If you don't know what you are talking about, post away anyway by 2tallbill
Today at 09:18:17 AM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Today at 07:00:25 AM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Brillynt
Today at 06:16:36 AM

Yesterday at 09:20:42 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Infoman
Yesterday at 09:12:54 PM

Yesterday at 09:02:12 PM